Search Unity

[RELEASED] Rich FX - HDRP Post Processing Effects

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Inan-Evin, May 26, 2020.

1. Inan-Evin

Inan-Evin

Rich FX provides you with 40 different full screen post processing effects to use in your HDRP projects. Just add the effects to your project, then use them in Volumes just like any other post processing effect! Rich FX offers variety of effects including artistic effects, blurs, edge detection, screen distortions, color effects and many more. The HLSL code is optimized and efficient, so you will not have any performance problems using the effects in your scenes. Rich FX includes a demo scene to browse all the effects, as well as example volumes to use in your scenes right away!

Artistic Effects
    • Oil (Kuwahara)
    • Pencil Sketch
    • Posterize
    • Rainbow Flow
    • Sketch Motion

Blur Effects
    • Directional Blur
    • Simple Gaussian Blur (Box Blur)
    • Gaussian Blur
    • Radial Blur

Color Effects
    • CGA Filter (8 different palettes)
    • EGA Filter
    • Eight Color
    • Grayscale
    • Hue, Saturation, Invert
    • Overlay
    • Recolor (great for unique look!)

Edge Effects
    • Simple Outline
    • Color Edges
    • Edge Detection

Screen Distortion Effects
    • Chroma Lines
    • Displace View
    • Distort
    • Glitch
    • RGB Distortion
    • RGB Split
    • Scanlines
    • Screen Glitch
    • Screen Fuzz
    • Simple Frosted Glass
    • Slice
    • Texture Distortion
    • Underwater
    • Wobble

Other Effects
    • Bloom Streak
    • Letterbox
    • Low Light Camera
    • Nightvision
    • Pixelate
    • Sharpen
    • Zoom

Combined Volumes
    • Security Camera
    • Underwater Effect
    • Weapon Camera

Rich FX is supported for HD Render Pipeline. Please check the documentation for more information on effects, their parameters, installation and setup guidelines.

2. Flow-Fire-Games

Flow-Fire-Games

I really enjoy this tool but putting this in the top bar is definitely not cool, please remove and put it into an existing menu, especially when its only an about section

upload_2020-8-17_15-49-25.png

3. Inan-Evin

Inan-Evin

Duly noted, I'll remove that into Help section on the next update!

4. Flow-Fire-Games

Flow-Fire-Games

Thanks for the update!

The Effects are really good, also Unity Post is not stackable so having access to a second bloom is very valuable.
    One of my favorites is also the gradient overlay which does help a lot tie the environment together if you pick a fitting color.

On suggestion I could give, here was one guy making a bloom effect which had a really amazing tone shift effect.
    It basically shifted the hue of the glow to a slight offset, which makes for a much greater effect

https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/478/dirtybloom-lensglare-system

Here is an example (photoshop)
    Its subtle but it does give a lot of artistic quality for luminescent objects

Unbenannt.PNG

(Btw is the Bloom checking for ranges above 1 as well? )

Having a gradient overlay like now but scene depth based could also have amazing results.

5. Inan-Evin

Inan-Evin

I appreciate the kind feedback, thank you!

For the hue shift, I've just thrown in couple of lazy modifications in BloomStreak shader in order to hue shift the bloom color.This is a preliminary result I've got:

hueTest.png

Is that close enough to what you desire? (ofc the shift is adjustable from -1 to 1 just like the HueSaturationInvert shader) If so, I can send you the modified shader for you to use for now, and I'll push it together with the next update as well. (Currently I'm working on some other effects which has proven to take some time, including your other suggestion about brightness based gradient)

And yes it checks for values above 1, tied to the Threshold parameter. It is possible to change the range of the Threshold via BloomStreak.cs if desired.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  6. Flow-Fire-Games

Flow-Fire-Games

Nice, very cool. No hurries, we'll wait for the update.

(Ah, I also noticed a bug with the sharpen filter I think, when you go below 1 it does not decrease the sharpening but it does decrease brightness of the entire screen)

And you haven't displayed the bloom in your marketing images. Id try push the marketing more towards more real usage cases so it appears less like a filter gimmick on the store and more like something you'd always want to make your project better. Bloom, Contrast, Subtle RGB Split, Sharpening, Night Vision, "Rage vision", Scanlines, Outlines, Stilized Looks, Overlay, Recolor, Dir.Blur on explosion, Underwater under water - on more representative Scenes, because the focus on crazy filters which do look cool but you actually can never really use make it appear much less valuable than it is imo. Especially the first image.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    Inan-Evin likes this.
  7. Inan-Evin

Inan-Evin

Nice catch! I've just pushed a new version with the Hue Shifting on BloomStreak as well as the Sharpen bug fixed. It should be up and online in couple of days.

And that is a great advice, I am aware that I should push my marketing a lot more because a much more vivid and live demonstration could have been done for this package. It's just that I didn't have much time to prepare for the marketing, and it's kind of hard to come up with polished scenes just to demonstrate the shaders. I plan to use one of Unity's demos to demonstrate the full capabilities of this asset in the future.

8. Spudly1701

Spudly1701

I must be a serious idiot because for the life of me I can't get these to work. :-/ Pretty new to HDRP so I imagine I'm doing something wrong.

I already have a global volume with environment and fog. What kind of Volume do these need to be on?

What am I missing? :-/

9. Inan-Evin

Inan-Evin

Rich FX will work with any volume, just click on "Add Override" and select any effect from the Rich FX category. Please make sure to follow the installation guide to make sure the effects are added to the HDRP settings asset and are visible in the dropdown: https://inan.gitbook.io/rich-fx-documentation/

Feel free to drop by our Discord for any further information, cheers!