Search Unity

[RELEASED] Retro Look Pro - post-processing effects pack.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by limitless_development, Nov 14, 2018.

1. limitless_development

limitless_development

If you installed Post-processing stack from package manager, you should be able to change post processing from integrated to post-processing v2.
    ScreenShot.png

2. GreaserMonkey

GreaserMonkey

All the other effects work but RL Pro Artefacts does not seem to do anything when I adjust the sliders. If I enable Debug Artefacts game view goes entirely black so I suppose it's not rendering any artefacts?

upload_2020-5-1_14-5-9.png

3. limitless_development

limitless_development

Hi,

Artefacts work on camera movement(or with any non static objects), also try to pick up some other color (not black), and everything should work fine.

4. Grzzld

Grzzld

Howdy,

Just picked up this very impressive asset and am playing around with it. I am currently using Unity 2018.3.6f1 and am trying out the Standard Rendered RLPRO Legacy. I am trying to figure out how to do a couple of looks like heat signature / infrared / night vision. Would I be able to configure these using the legacy system or should I use one of the other more modern post-processing systems? Apologies if the answer is obvious ...

Grz

5. GrenadeTree

GrenadeTree

I've been the last week trying to get this to work but I can not. In the Package Manager, there is no option for Post Processing Stack, only Post Processing. There is no way for me to change the URP settings to v2.

post processing.png

Also I'm confused because Unity says that these two things are not compatible.

post processingURP.png

6. limitless_development

limitless_development

Hi,

Post-processing package is what you need to get it work.
    After you import it it, you should be able to change post processing from integrated to post-processing v2 in UniversalRenderPipeline asset.
    Also check in package manager that you are using latest version of URP.

There were no official options to add custom post effects for URP's integrated pos-processing system, so in latest versions of URP unity added support for Post-processing v2.

I am already working on Retro Look Pro effects for URP's integrated pos-processing system, update will be released pretty soon.

If this info was not helpful for you, Please mail me - limitlessunitydevelopment@gmail.com . I will help you to make Retro Look Pro work properly.

7. limitless_development

limitless_development

Hi,

I am so sorry for so long reply,

Use Retro Look Pro effects for post-processing v2 instead of legacy one. Legacy effects will be deprecated in future update.

Here's some preferences that I use to make effect like this

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 21.11.15 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 21.11.08 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 21.10.52 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 21.10.24 PM.png

8. GrenadeTree

GrenadeTree

Thank you for your help, I got it to work.

9. rmaehs42

rmaehs42

Hi.
    The problems that I have faced are never solved.

in use of Legacy
    Unity 2018.4.14f is in use.

On certain mobile devices (long and thin)
    I can't see the effect.

I also used Post-processing stack v2 and HDRP, but the situation was the same.

Ah! And the frame is very low for FHD and above. Is it a problem with my equipment?

10. limitless_development

limitless_development

What exact device? Maybe problem with Shader Compilation Target Levels?

Can you send me some small example project with effects, where you see low frame rate ?
    (limitlessunitydevelopment@gmail.com)
    Please do not use legacy effects, use Effects for Post-processing stack v2.
    Also Retro Look Pro HDRP effects don't work in Unity 2018.4.14f.

Please lets continue our conversation by email - limitlessunitydevelopment@gmail.com.

11. rmaehs42

rmaehs42

12. vambier

vambier

Do you have a small tutorial about how to add these effects? I'm making a 2d retro style game and would like to add the scanlines effect to my camera. The documentation on your website is not really clear for someone who's not working with renderpipelines and post processing effects on a regular basis:)

13. fancyferret

fancyferret

Anyone having an issue with the Bottom Noise not animating in 2019.3.x and most current version of Retro Look Pro?

I've tried both the PPv2 in Standard, the Legacy in Standard and the URP version and the Bottom Noise displays but does not move.

Another project I have in 2019.2.18f1 with an older version of Retro Looks Pro has the noise texture animate fine.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  14. tms_dev

tms_dev

Hi there,

I just bought your asset and got many errors right away, can you please advise?

I have the standard pipeline. But when downloading it said I need some dependencies.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  15. limitless_development

limitless_development

Hi,

It is new Unity Asset Store bug. It will be fixed soon as I know.

For now, when you see “This Unity Package has Package Manager dependencies” warning simply click skip and everything will be fine.

16. ash4640

ash4640

Just got the Retro pack, How do I set it up for my game.
    There is no documentation or any detail in the website on how to add the post processing effect.
    Please explain in simple steps. I'm using 2910.3.7 and Legacy RP
    I just added the retro pro component to camera and then added the Retro presets to the Retro pro component, but nothing happens on screen when I click play with that camera.
    Kindly do a basic documentation for the asset.

17. limitless_development

limitless_development

Hi,

First of all remove "(Standard Renderer) RLPro Legacy" folder.

Import "Post processing" package from package manager (Window/Package Manager).

Import "LWRP&URP&Standard Renderer RLPro" from "Assets/LimitlessUnityDevelopment/RetroLookPro" folder.

to setup Post processing stack use this instructions https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.postprocessing@2.1/manual/Quick-start.html

In post process volume/profile click Add Effect/Retro Look Pro/"needed effect".

P.S. Sent you same info via email.

Cheers.

ash4640 likes this.
  18. ash4640

ash4640

Ok thanks will try it

19. jae026

jae026

Hey. I upgraded to the 2019.4.0f1 and Selected the LWRP URP Asset and switched the PP to use PPv2 and it works great!! Until I build, then everything breaks.Can someone please help?
    Build.jpg Editor.jpg

20. jae026

jae026

Anybody? Maybe the creator?

21. jae026

jae026

OK well I managed to fix it by just dropping the URP and going LEgacy however in doing so I have a new issue. Does this mean anything to anyone?

RLProColormapPalette.cs(7,58): error CS0104: 'ResolutionMode' is an ambiguous reference between 'RetroLookPro.Enums.ResolutionMode' and 'LimitlessDev.RetroLookPro.ResolutionMode'

22. hexerror

hexerror

Just got the Retro pack, and do not know what to do next. I just want so add some effects to my pure 2d game. Can you write a detailed setup instruction? I'm already tried following:

1. Add Post processing v. 2.3 via Package Manager (and even reopen project, because without this step, Post-process Layer not even shown in the "add component->rendering")

2. Install Retro Look Pro (since then, i cannot run even my empty scene because of bunch of c# errors and warnings, such as "Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@7.1.8/Runtime/Lighting/ScreenSpaceLighting/AmbientOcclusion.RenderGraph.cs(50,135): error CS1503: Argument 3: cannot convert from 'UnityEngine.Profiling.CustomSampler' to 'UnityEngine.Rendering.ProfilingSampler'")

3. Double click on "Assets/LimitlessUnityDevelopment/LWRP&URP&Standard Renderer RLPro.unitypackage", and choose "Install" button;

4. Add Post-Process layer to scene camera, then add Post-Process Volume, choose "Post-Processing volume profile" in it and then button "Add effects" contains only Unity menu.

I'm complete dumb in Unity and don't know what to do next :-(
    Unity 2019.4.3.f1

23. limitless_development

limitless_development

Hi,

On step 2 importing Retro Look Pro broke your package manager dependencies. It Is an Asset store bug. And that’s why add effects doesn’t contains Retro Look Pro effects. It has been already fixed in current version.

Try to create new project and import current Retro Look Pro version from Asset Store.

24. limitless_development

limitless_development

Retro Look Pro v2.5

• Full Universal Render Pipeline support.
    • PPv2 effects mirror issue fixed
    • Performance improvements.
    • Asset Store version bug fixed

25. jae026

jae026

When was this update pushed?

26. limitless_development

limitless_development

Today

27. Sprak

Sprak

I'm on Unity 2019.4.0f1, building an Android project using URP 7.31 and Retro Look Pro v2.5, and can't get any of the effects to work. Everything just goes black in the views when I activate the effects. Followed the instructions in the documentation file about adding the effects as renderer features + putting a volume in the scene.

28. limitless_development

limitless_development

Hi,

If you see black colour in scene view, then it’s pretty normal. (You can simply disable post effects in scene view controls).
    If you get black screen in game view or after build, please mail me (limitlessunitydevelopment@gmail.com) and I will investigate and solve this issue.

Waiting for your reply.

29. Sprak

Sprak

Thanks for your quick reply! Of course I managed to get it working just a few minutes after posting my message. If MSAA is turned off in my render pipeline settings the output is just black. Setting it to 2x makes everything work just fine!
    Noticed this by creating a completely blank project initialized as URP from start. The difference was that my project started out as a legacy pipeline project. So when I create a settings file for the pipeline manually it doesn't default to MSAA being enabled.
    Does Retro Look Pro require MSAA to be enabled?

30. limitless_development

limitless_development

Actually no, but I will definitely dig in to this question.

31. netpost

netpost

@limitless_development This is a great asset! I have 3 small questions if you don't mind.

I am producing VR360 videos in Unity

1-Is there a way to use the post process camera fx on an existing movie? For example , I have a movie playing on a TV screen and I would like to process the movie as an old film footage.

2- Can the fx (glitches) for example be use on just section of the screen? for example to use it only once in a while on an evil character in an horror scene.

3-Is there any way to use the timeline to activate or desactivate the retro look component to turn the retro look FX on or off?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  32. limitless_development

limitless_development

Hi,
    1. Yes, you can use “Custom Texture” in that case. But don’t forget to manage effects sorting and put “custom texture” on top of all effects.
    2. Retro Look Pro is a post effect, so unfortunately it cant be applied on separate objects.
    3. Yes you can use Timeline. It works with Retro Look Pro like with any other Post effects in Unity.

P.S. I am so sorry for so long reply.

33. netpost

netpost

Thank you for the infos. This will help!

34. zachholt

zachholt

Hello. I am using Retro Look Pro on URP and there is a weird diagonal line that appears when using the bleed effect. It runs from the top right to the bottom left of the screen. This line does not appear on Legacy or when using Post Processing on Standard. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 4.43.07 PM.png

35. zachholt

zachholt

Fixed the problem by enabling MSAA using pipeline settings on my camera. I knew it had to be my project because creating a new scene with RLPro was fine.

36. JesseSTG

JesseSTG

Various shaders aren't compiling, and I don't know why. I get errors that look like this:

Code (csharp):
    1. GLSL compilation failed:
    2. 0(31) : error C7537: OpenGL does not allow 'smooth' after a type specifier
    3. 0(31) : error C1322: invalid empty declaration type
    4. 0(81) : error C0000: syntax error, unexpected ')', expecting "::" at token ")"
    As a result, some objects on the provided example scenes are all using the bright-magenta error shader.

This is on Ubuntu 20.04 with Unity 2020.1.2f1. I've attached the output of glxinfo.

Attached Files:

37. titoasty

titoasty

Hi,

First, amazing package!
    Do you have any infos on what is "usable" on mobile or not?
    I tried messing with some shaders, and some are very expensive on mobile (eg: bleed, tv effect, ...)
    Could you share some advice for mobile please?
    Thanks

38. limitless_development

limitless_development

Hi,

Thank you for asking.

Actually TV effects should work fine on mobile cause inside it doesn't use any multisampling or multi pass rendering.

NTSC encode uses multisampling

Artefacts uses multi pass rendering.

Colormap effect also uses multi pass rendering but not much

Also be carefull with VHS smooth cut option ,cause this option enables multisampling.

39. CangoDev

CangoDev

Effects doesnt work for me on Universal RP even in a example scene. Just a black screen after adding render features. Also i cant find a pp v2 or integrated options in URP asset.Its all good on standart RP but i get VHS look pro compile error on vulkan API upload_2020-9-8_18-38-54.png

40. limitless_development

limitless_development

Hi,

example scene in URP may not work in URP, but effects work in other scenes. Try to create new one or use your existing scene and add effects.
    As for PPv2 integrates option. You should import LWRP&Standard Render Retro Look Pro.unitypackage and PPv2 from package manager. But you can’t use URP effects and PPv2 effects in same project.(actually don’t know why you want to use them both.)
    Also if you use standardRP try to use LWRP&Standard Render Retro Look Pro.unitypackage instead of legacy effects.

If you get any problems with retro look pro mail me and I will do my best to help you limitlessunitydevelopment@gmail.com

41. Aoedipus

Aoedipus

Hi, this asset looks amazing. I do not want to be running the ppv2 stack. Will the latest release work solely with the integrated ppv3 in v2020.1.x URP? Sorry it's still not clear to me from the thread and documentation.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  42. limitless_development

limitless_development

Hi, thank you for asking.
    Yes , effects can work without PPv2 if you use URP or HDRP. Standard Render doesn’t have integrated post-processing system.

Retro Look Pro includes 3 packages:

1. Native custom effects for URP
    2. Native custom effects for HDRP
    3. Effects for PPv2.

43. Socpens

Socpens

Hi,

I just bought this and tried both loading up the example scene in URP and adding effects to my existing post processing controller and both times as soon as a Retro Look effect is added the screen goes black. None of the effects work. All I did was import into the project, add them to my existing volume profile, switch cameras to use the Retro Look forward renderer. Nothing works. Someone earlier had the same issue and you suggested to "use the effects in other scenes" but it's just a black screen in any scene.. disappointed because a review on the Asset Store says it works out of the box with URP which clearly isn't true

onercorr likes this.
  44. limitless_development

limitless_development

Hi,

Thank you for purchasing Retro Look Pro!

Asset Works out of box. That means that you don't need to download extra packages to make effects work.

By default Anti Aliasing (MSAA) is enabled in default Unity's Render Pipeline Asset.
    So all you need is select your Render Pipeline Asset and enable Anti Aliasing (MSAA) .

45. Sesshomurai

Sesshomurai

Hi,
    I'm just starting out with Unity and RL Pro. I'm having some trouble getting it to work. I have it all imported and I'm using URP (added to my existing project). I have a "Post Processing"->"Global Volume" object in my scene and in there, I have a Volume object that I currently do Vignette on. Only there can I add RL Pro overrides (I tried adding a Post-processing Volume as I seen elsewhere, but the RL Pro effects don't show up there). Anyway, I configure the RL Pro effects on my volume, but nothing renders. Any tips? Thank you.

upload_2020-10-30_7-44-12.png

46. Sesshomurai

Sesshomurai

I figured this out. Had to first add the render feature to the URP Asset.

47. jGate99

jGate99

48. limitless_development

limitless_development

Hi,

Not in current version of Retro Look Pro.

I am currently working on update.
    In that update effects will work for UI and on any layers you want. This feature will work only in URP and Standard renderer.

Update will be available in mid January.

jGate99 likes this.
  49. jGate99

jGate99

Thanks, i already bought it, so gonna wait for that

50. Ch4uz

Ch4uz

hey, just bought your asset!
    but im having some problems...
    im using unity 2019.4, urp + built in post processing

problems:

1) it only works if i enable MSAA on render pipeline asset

2) when msaa enabled, all filters works fine on play mode,
    but some filters (VHS Effect) are not working on mobile (the screen becomes all pink)

thanks