Search Unity

[RELEASED] Retro Look Pro - post-processing effects pack.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by limitless_development, Nov 14, 2018.

1. westingtyler

westingtyler

Hello. This asset looks great, but i did not see on its description page whether it supports Deferred Rendering. If it does, this looks fantastic.

2. limitless_development

limitless_development

Hi, Retro Look Pro supports both deferred and forward rendering.

3. limitless_development

limitless_development

UPDATE v2.1.1
    • New Warp effect
    • New Vignette effect
    • New Cinematic bars effect
    • Improved TV effect: added warp parameters
    • Improved VHS effect: added 21 blending modes, stripes parameter
    • Improved Scanlines effect: added new distortion parameters
    • Improved bottom stretch: added new distortion parameters
    • Improved compiling time for bleed effect
    • fixed compile issues

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  4. Kabookie

Kabookie

Hello :)

Any new on HDRP support yet?

EDIT:

Also, it says there is support below 2019 (i.e. 2018), yet when I try to import via unity it says I must upgrade to 2019? How can I fix this? I tried downloading it via 2019, and pushing it to my 2018 project and it wont work because it was "serialized in a higher version"

5. limitless_development

limitless_development

Hi,

Actually no news yet about HDRP support. There is no API for adding post effects or adding custom render currently. We only have few posts from unity saying " Customization of PPV3 should come for 2019.2. " - Link. But didn't came yet.

But as for good news : I am working on custom renderer for LWRP. It will add support for layered and per object rendering features. It means that effects will work for UI and other layers separately, also effects should work for selected game objects (not effecting whole scene).

I have installed Unity 2018.19f2 , checked twice and seems like asset imports correctly.

Please mail me - limitlessunitydevelopment@gmail.com . I will help you to fix it. Please provide me with your invoice number . Also please make some screenshots of moment "it says I must upgrade to 2019".

6. mikedg1

mikedg1

Been running into an issue.
    on my dev machine, in the editor this looks great.I'm using the enable color palette option and changing the res. However if I export the build to exe, and run it, the effect isn't applied.
    However if I take that same exe build and move it to another machine, it works fine.
    There's no errors that I can see when running it on the broken build machine

Any tips on how to even begin debugging this?

7. limitless_development

limitless_development

Hi,

Did you add shaders from Resources folder to "Always include Shaders" (Edit/ProjectSettings/Graphics) ?
    Issue happens with colormap palette effect from Retro look pro for Post processing stack v2 effects?
    What Unity Editor version do you use?
    It would be great if you send me some test project where you running in this issue

Please mail me - limitlessunitydevelopment@gmail.com . I will help you to fix this issue. Also please don't forget to provide me with your invoice number.

8. limitless_development

limitless_development

Hey folks!

Today my new asset Limitless Glitch Effects is finally released.

Limitless Glitch Effects is a collection of post processing effects imitating real glitches, giving you most authentic look.

All glitches are neat and have lots of customization options. All effects also fully configurable within scripts.

Check it out on Asset Store

If you already purchased Retro Look Pro and want Limitless Glitch effects for free, contact me via email limitlessunitydevelopment@gmail.com(your retro look pro Invoice number required). First 5 will get a Free Package Voucher.

9. Rodlaiz

Rodlaiz

I'm thinking on buying this package but I'm wondering how it performs on mobile? Should I expect a fps drop or lags on that platform?

10. limitless_development

limitless_development

Hi,
    Retro Look Pro works well on mobile. Same fps drop(5-10 fps) as effects from Post Processing stack v2 do is expected, but not critical.

11. JerseyFlymo

JerseyFlymo

Hi L_D,

I am looking to create a barrel effect distortion in a similar vein to that produced by the Reshade and Depth3D combination, but from within Unity 3D.
    Can your shaders produce this?

Thanks

12. limitless_development

limitless_development

Hi,
    I am not familiar with Reshade and Depth3D effects.

Retro Look Pro have 3 warp effects: simple warp, cubic lens distortion, hyperspace effect.

1.png 2.png 3.png

13. JerseyFlymo

JerseyFlymo

Hi, Will this work with the XR and single pass settings enabled in Unity?

14. limitless_development

limitless_development

Sorry but I can't say for sure, cause there were no tests in VR and XR.

15. ekuNNN

ekuNNN

Hi, great effects! I was wondering if there are any working code examples for manipulating the effect variables in Post processing stack v2 via C#?

16. limitless_development

limitless_development

Hi,

Post-processing stack v2 manual and code examples:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.postprocessing@2.0/manual/Manipulating-the-Stack.html

Retro Look Pro API:
    https://limitless-development.xyz/Retro Look Pro documentation and API

If there are any difficulties or questions please contact me via emal limitlessunitydevelopment@gmail.com

17. JesseSTG

JesseSTG

I have two questions:
    1. Will this work on game consoles? I don't have access to any console SDKs right now, so I don't know what limitations their graphics drivers have.
    2. Will this work with the 2D Pixel Perfect package? I want to render my game with that, then use this effect afterward.

18. limitless_development

limitless_development

Hi,

1. Yes, Retro Look Pro work on consoles since it use Unity default shaders models 2.5.
    2. I didn't test it with 2D Pixel Perfect package but I think it will work fine. Retro Look Pro is a post-processing effects pack so offcourse you can use it afterwards your main renderer.

Cheers.

JesseSTG likes this.
  19. JesseSTG

JesseSTG

Only 2.5? Hot damn. Thanks!

20. gferrari

gferrari

upload_2019-12-14_17-6-13.png
    Hi! I can't use this type, Only work RetroLookProPost But my camera have RetroLookPro I want to enable and disable glitch

It say
    error CS0118: 'RetroLookPro' is a namespace but is used like a type

I dont want use
    namespace LimitlessDev.RetroLookPro
    {

Is it Possible?

21. limitless_development

limitless_development

Hi,

Yes
    Just specify a fully qualified namespace name "public LimitlessDev.RetroLookPro.RetroLookPro RetroLookReference;"

Can you please tell what Unity version do you use?

P.S.
    I see you are using legacy version of Retro Look Pro. You are strongly recommended to use version for Post-processing stack instead.PP2 effects version have better optimization, contains more effects and more settings. Legacy version will no longer receive any fixes and updates, and will be deprecated by the end of the year.

22. gferrari

gferrari

I'm using 2019.2.16.1f I will check using post processing. I never use that, I will read the manual. Thanks!

23. limitless_development

limitless_development

I am always glad to help.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. limitlessunitydevelopment@gmail.com

gferrari likes this.
  24. tbramall

tbramall

Hello, followed set up instructions and everything seemed fine, can see the RetroLookPro folders and files in my project hierarchy, but when trying to add an effect to my Game Camera Profile I'm not getting any options from the plugin, just standard Unity options and options from other plugins I'm using. Not sure what is going wrong.
    Using the legacy method of setting up RetroPro as a camera component seems to work fine. Just can't get the LimitlessUnity options to appear when using Post process Stack V2.
    What am I doing wrong? Am on Unity 2019.2.17f1

Edit: Oof, I'm an idiot. I didn't import the PP2 effects. That would explain it.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    limitless_development likes this.
  25. limitless_development

limitless_development

Hi,
    Glad that everything is ok now.

If you have any further questions please contact me via email limitlessunitydevelopment@gmail.com

26. EL-soNK

EL-soNK

Thanks for your great asset. Works like a charm, performance on mobile is great.

I'm using the LWRP post processing version -- my question, since I like to keep my assets clean: what can I delete from my project? Probably the legacy folder, but what about the "Third Party Assets"? Thanks again.

27. limitless_development

limitless_development

Hi,

Mainly keep "Scripts,Resources,Editor" folders, other ones can be deleted.
    In "Resources" folder you can remove unused Noise textures and Colormap presets, also "Shaders/Legacy" can be removed too.

Cheers.

28. limitless_development

limitless_development

Retro Look Pro v2.3 Released!

NOTE : Asset folder structer has been changed. Please test updated version on new project before use.

HDRP support :

Full shaders and effect scripts rewrite to support High Definition Render Pipeline.
    read Documentation before use.

URP Support :

Unity Editor 2019.3+ support Post-processing stack v2 in Universal Render Pipeline v7.2.1+ . When the PPv2 package is installed, you'll find a new option in the URP Asset to switch from integrated post-processing to PPv2 .
    https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ScriptableRenderPipeline/pull/5354

Added:
    • new Analog TV noise
    • NTSC encode effect
    • CRT aperture effect
    • Custom texture passthrough option
    • Low Resolution effect
    • Phosphor tube noise effect
    Find more info about new effects here.

Changed:
    • fixed time in vhs scanlines effect improved
    • VHS effect: unscaled time, smooth cuttoff, texture tiling,stripes.
    • fixed time in vhs scanlines effect
    • Glitch1: fully redesigned and rewrited effect
    • Glitch3: added mask effect areas parameters.
    • Jitter: added twitchVerticalInterval parameter.
    • Bottom noise: tile texture parameter
    • Colormap pallete: custom dither texture option
    • Noise effect: added mask effect areas parameters; noise signal parameter
    • artefacts shaders merged
    • noise shaders merged
    • Colormap palette
    • new dither textures
    • fixed dithering on some platforms

New/Updated example scenes (LWRP& HDRP)
    Custom texture usage examples (LWRP)
    Effects for UI examples (LWRP)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  29. Kabookie

Kabookie

You are awesome!!

30. benxtan0

benxtan0

Hi there, I am using "(LEGACY) Standard Renderer RLPro" and it works when I run my program in Unity, but if I build and run, the effects are not displayed and I get this error:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Shader 'RetroLookPro/Legacy/ColorPalette' not found. Was it deleted?
    Any idea how I can fix this?

31. benxtan0

benxtan0

UPDATE:
    Fixed it by moving all the RetroLookPro shaders into /Resources.

32. JesseSTG

JesseSTG

Each effect on the new version of this library reverses the screen vertically in the editor, i.e. if I use an odd number of Retro Look Pro effects the game is drawn upside-down.

I'm using Ubuntu 19.10, with a nVidia GeForce GTX 970M. I'm using Unity 2019.3.8f1, and its built-in rendering pipeline.

I have not tried this with runtime builds.

33. limitless_development

limitless_development

Hi,

What Effects do you use (Legacy or Post-processing stack v2)?

Can you please send me some example project where you get that issue?

email : limitlessunitydevelopment@gmail.com

34. JesseSTG

JesseSTG

Post-Processing stack V2. I'll prepare something and send it your way ASAP, thank you.

EDIT: Caveat is that I have a custom shader. If I can't reproduce it without the shader, then it might actually be a bug on my end.

EDIT 2: Sent. I can reproduce this on a simplified example project even without using my custom shader.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  35. docktornicki

docktornicki

Can someone please help me. So Ive added the RetroLookPro Script to the Camera and in the Editor it works fine, but when i build the game the RetroLookPro Effects dont appear. leotrix horror 1.PNG leotrix horror 3.PNG

36. limitless_development

limitless_development

Hi,

Check that all shaders from “/Effects/Shaders" are added to “Always included shaders” in “Edit /Project settings/ Graphics/”.

P.S. Please use Retro Look Pro effects for Post-processing stack v2 instead of legacy effects.

37. rocket5tim

rocket5tim

Hi, on iOS it looks like only the options under "enable TV mode" are working. Other settings like Fisheye and Noise (granularity, tape noise) aren't working for me. I'm running the Standard renderer and post processing v2.

Note that I had to move the Shaders from the RLPro Legacy folder into the Resources folder to fix the "ColorPalette not found" bug that benxtan0 reported.

38. limitless_development

limitless_development

Hi,

Please make sure that all shaders from “/Effects/Shaders" are added to “Always included shaders” in “Edit /Project settings/ Graphics/”.

If you already using Post-processing stack v2, try to use Retro Look Pro effects for PPv2, instead of legacy effects.

Please let me know if it helps.

For all technical questions please contact me via support email - limitlessunitydevelopment@gmail.com

39. rocket5tim

rocket5tim

Thanks for the fast reply! Switching to "Retro Look Pro effects for PPv2" and adding the shaders I'm using to the graphic settings solved my problem.

On a side note, something I discovered is that the VHS_RetroLook shader compile fails if you don't have Metal Editor Support enabled (osx).

40. thenephalem

thenephalem

Using URP and unity 2019.3.6f1
    I cannot see any kind of effect. I have added Post Retro Look component to my main camera and added a preset. Nothing happens. I have checked the test scenes as well. The effects do not appear there as well? What is going on?

EDIT:
    I added all the shaders in Edit/Graphics/ as always included. Still nothing. OnPostRender and OnPreRender are simply not called.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  41. limitless_development

limitless_development

Hi,

Please read ReadMe file included in package before use !

You are using legacy effects version. It is not compatible with URP. Use Retro Look Pro effects for Post-processing stack v2 instead.
    1. Remove Legacy effects folder.
    2. Import Post-processing package via package manager.
    3. Import "LWRP&URP&Standard Renderer RLPro.unitypackage".
    4. In your UniversalRenderPipelineAsset change Post-processing feature set from "integrated" to "Post-processing v2".
    For more info read documentation file included in package.

If you have any other technical questions, contact me via support email - limitlessunitydevelopment@gmail.com

42. rmaehs42

rmaehs42

Well, it works on old phones.
    It doesn't work on the latest phone.
    And it doesn't seem to work more than FHD.
    Help me.

43. limitless_development

limitless_development

Hi,

Please provide me with some info:

What Effects version do you use (Legacy, Post-processing stack v2 or HDRP)?
    What Unity version do you use?

Actually effects doesn't have any restrictions on Screen size or screen resolution.

44. GrenadeTree

GrenadeTree

Are there any tutorials on how to use this?

45. limitless_development

limitless_development

Hi,

Actually, there's no tutorials for now.

You can simply enable any effect you want, adjust variables in inspector and see what exactly it does in game view.
    Each variable has a tooltip if you hover the cursor over it.

Also you can see what exactly each effect does here

If you need instructions of how to setup Retro Look Pro effects, you can find very useful info here.

If you have any questions about specific effect or have technical issues, you can contact me via support email - limitlessunitydevelopment@gmail.com.

46. GrenadeTree

GrenadeTree

I don't even know how to get to the retro look inspector like your demo video.

47. limitless_development

limitless_development

What Effects version do you use (Legacy, Post-processing stack v2 or HDRP)?
    What Unity version do you use?

48. GrenadeTree

GrenadeTree

I'm using 2019.3.1f1 and I have the URP,

49. limitless_development

limitless_development

1. Go to Window/PackageManager find Post processing package and install it.
    2. If you use Universal Render Pipeline, to use Retro Look Pro you should switch Post processing system to Post-processing pack v2 in your UniversalRenderPipeline asset.
    3. Import LWRP&URP&Standard Renderer RLPro.unitypackage
    4. The first thing you need to enable post-processing on a camera is to add the Component -> Rendering -> Post-process Layer component to it.
    5. Now you can create a new Post-processing volume and add effects to it.

If you doesn't know how to use Post-processing stack v2 you can find more info here.

50. GrenadeTree

GrenadeTree

I don't see Retro Look Pro in the options. I have installed it from the asset store.

Attached Files: