Search Unity

[RELEASED] Reflection Manager

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by GameArt, May 19, 2014.

1. GameArt

GameArt

Hi PiotrW, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you are having!

Could you please post your exact Unity version? I'll try the latest 4.6 tonight to see if I can reproduce your issue.

What platform are you building for? Are you using Unity free?

Any additional information you could provide would help me fix the problem in our next release.

2. PiotrW

PiotrW

Hello. I got Unity Free. Most of the problems gone when I switch on DirectX 11 mode again but I still got reflection wrong. On the box and sphere I still see in the reflection what is behind the object not in the front of it. Screen attached.

I got new errors now

UnityException: Gizmo drawing functions can only be used in OnDrawGizmos and OnDrawGizmosSelected.
    UnityEngine.Gizmos.DrawSphere (Vector3 center, Single radius) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/EditorGenerated/GizmoBindings.cs:43)
    ReflectionNode.OnDrawGizmos () (at Assets/ReflectionManager/ReflectionNode.cs:327)
    ReflectionNodeEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/ReflectionManager/Editor/ReflectionNodeEditor.cs:33)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor editor, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean forceDirty, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect, Boolean eyeDropperDirty) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1089)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

Destroying assets is not permitted to avoid data loss.
    If you really want to remove an asset use DestroyImmediate (theObject, true);
    UnityEngine.Object:DestroyImmediate(Object)
    ReflectionNode:OnDestroy() (at Assets/ReflectionManager/ReflectionNode.cs:314)

So I'm deleting my cubemaps manually before click "generate" and still has problems visible on screen.

Attached Files:

3. PiotrW

PiotrW

Ok errors gone when I switch on 3D gizmos in scene view. Still got wrong reflections.

4. GameArt

GameArt

Hello PiotrW, thank you for the information- I'm looking into it.

5. Alanj2007

Alanj2007

Dammit, I don't have enough money to buy this :( .... This is really awesome work, if I have this pack, my life is complete :3

6. nooklp

nooklp

Hello guys, can i rotate reflection around the axis by your tool?

7. GameArt

GameArt

Hello Nooklp,

Yes, unlike the Reflection Probes in Unity 5, Reflection Manager supports free rotation of reflection volumes (and in Unity 4!). This means you can better fit the parallax volume to the shape of your room.

I hope that answers your question.

8. deekpyro

deekpyro

Thanks for creating Reflection Manager, it's a great way to make cube maps of the current scene which I use with my own shaders. I am having an issue where some of my scenes don't have a sky in the generated cube map. I use a custom mesh for the sky so it's not simply a skybox material. I've looked in the settings and the layer mask looks fine. I've played with the far clip plane to no avail.

Any ideas? https://www.dropbox.com/s/idof58t712iqroi/Screenshot 2015-04-06 21.22.24.png?dl=0

9. Conferno

Conferno

Hi guys! Is it working on Unity5 WebGL ?

10. GameArt

GameArt

Hey Deekpyro, I'll take a look into that tonight. I suspect the draw distance is not far enough to reach your sky mesh.

Conferno, I have not tested it on Unity 5 WebGL. I think the owners are primarily Unity 4 users- but maybe someone else has tried this already?

11. herpderpzerp

herpderpzerp

does this work with unity 5?

12. Ben-BearFish

Ben-BearFish

@GameArt Does this work with Alloy? Also, what's the benefit of your reflection manager over Unity's Reflection Probes?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  13. GameArt

GameArt

I have set the asset to deprecated, much of this functionality has been directly added into Unity 5. If you really require access to this utility, just send me a pm.

layola and gbyh like this.
  14. gbyh

gbyh

cound you please send me the project of your demo? I pretty like to learn something from it, thanks so much. my email address 54gufan@gmail.com

15. layola

layola

hi,I want to buy your plugin, mail sonygodx(AT)gmail.com

16. KevinDust

KevinDust

Hi~that‘s interesting~And I want to learn something about this!,could you send me the project of your demo?
    email:kevindust1992@gmail.com

17. The_Domaginarium

The_Domaginarium

I am lucky I got it and maybe you should consider making it available again for people who want to get it. It is true that this functionality is in Unity 5, but I'm going to try using this asset for a VITA port of a project we're working on, since Unity 5's standard shaders are too render intensive for the VITA.

So, this asset could be a great option for those aiming lower end systems.

unityunity