Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Realtime CSG - level design for Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LogicalError-Unity3D, Aug 24, 2016.

1. logicalerror

logicalerror

@cjacobwade sorry for the late reply! Things have been super busy for me lately.
    Is there a way to use Unity's built-in rotate and scale tools for an entire brush without having to do additional selection
    I'm not sure what you mean with additional selection? In object mode, yes, with rotation the edge selection is the only way at the moment (sorry). As for scaling, you should be able to easily scale the entire brush in object mode when using the rect tool for instance ... no selection of vertices necessary

Is there a way to vertex snap brushes to vertices on other brushes (as is the default when you hold V before clicking an object)?
    Sadly, no. Chisel (realtime-CSG's successor) is planned to have this though

Is there a way to surface snap brushes to the surface behind your mouse position including other brushes (as is the default when you hold Ctrl + Shift before clicking an object)?
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean here? You already mentioned the ctrl+shift dragging, which is what I think of when you say "Is there a way to surface snap brushes to the surface behind your mouse position", so I'm not sure what you mean..

Edit/Shortcuts doesn't exist in all versions, realtime CSG development started in 5.3 and still supports a lot of older versions. Hopefully at some point I can deprecate some older versions so I can remove some old stuff and replace it with new stuff.
    Chisel, realtime-CSG's successor that's in the work, will have 2019.1 as the base version and uses the shortcut manager

@hippocoder yeah, 2020 is not yet supported since it's in alpha mode. The offset is likely because of sceneview.position returning a different window size than before, which has _never_ properly reflected the actual size of the sceneview area .. but you already know that since we talked about this on the discord :)

2. PartyBoat

PartyBoat

Is Chisel equivalent to Realtime CSG 2 with run time support and the other improvements that have been in the works for awhile?

3. logicalerror

logicalerror

@PartyBoat yes, I've teamed up with the SabreCSG community, and we're working on an open source realtime-CSG successor called Chisel
    The link to the Chisel discord is here: https://discord.gg/zttNkPQ

I've been working on a new CSG algorithm for a long time now, that will be part of Chisel. It's written in C# and can work at runtime and will work on any platform

4. cjacobwade

cjacobwade

@logicalerror appreciate the response. Looking forward to Chisel!

'Additional selection'
    Here I was referring to having to mouse over an edge as additional selection. Hopefully there can be an option to use the regular rotation tool in the future!

Regarding scaling by using the Rect Tool
    I'm on 2019.1.14f1 and seeing when Realtime CSG is active the regular scale and rect tool aren't available (pressing the shortcuts has no effect).

'Is there a way to surface snap brushes to the surface behind your mouse position'
    This is referring to the surface snapping you can do by holding Ctrl + Shift and dragging something around, which aligns the transform pivot to the surface under your mouse. It's similar to vert snapping but uses the object pivot instead of vert aligning.

5. logicalerror

logicalerror

Stardog likes this.