Search Unity

1. We've closed the job boards. If you're looking for work, or looking to hire check out Unity Connect. You can see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2017.3 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Realistic Water Physics - V 2.2 .1 (More asset supported!)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by imtehQ, Jul 31, 2016.

1. olavrv

olavrv

Hoe will compatibility with new version be in relation to the old one?

2. imtehQ

imtehQ

Im not sure what the price will be or how im going to do it.

But as a update it will be free to everyone who already got it and a new price will be to who not got it yet
    And wih a upgrade it will be a new asset, and everyone who already got you only needs to pay the new price - the price they payed for the old asset, so they can get is a lot cheaper.

ftejada likes this.
  3. imtehQ

imtehQ

Right now its 100% not compatible, and i rewrote the base script to just give you a warning message, all code in the old scripts have been removed, but the settings are saved on them so you can just look at them and re-set them up in the interface.

But i was working on a converting tool, but i come into some issues when dealing with materials that are not found (custom materials created by people) and the way it would update the scripts.

I was thinking like everytime a old script was found in the scene on a gameobject it would automaticly create a new script on the gameobject and delete the old one. but i was unsure about how that would be handled by other systems.

Any feedback about how you would like to see it work would be great.

Other scripts that might use parts of public vars will mostly likely not be effected, i renamed most things the same way

4. imtehQ

imtehQ

New version will also include another way to calculate buoyancy using mesh, And there will be a better water prefab included that has waves.

Suimono support about 60% done so far, this time im spending more time in the support part of the asset to make sure the system will work great with all supported water assets and not just do basic floating, but this takes more time ofcourse

ftejada and jangomoose like this.
  5. imtehQ

imtehQ

Stability of objects have been improved and so far i tested it on PlayWayWater and Ceto Ocean System,
    PlayWayWater will now work much better then before, altough i have some trouble testing everything as the demo does not work well for some reason.

Ceto ocean system will still be fully supported even tough its off the store, its the first supported asset as it was basicly made for it, so for everyone that still uses that, support for it will be in the next version.

Im also changing the way the buoyancy settings are handled when enabling support for some assets, it will include there settings for getting the water level, and those settings can be changed on the script on your gameobjects.
    Because even tough you will still be using the interface and calculations from this asset you will be using there systems for getting the water level, +/- more extra code here and there.
    This will not always result in better buoyancy tough there for you will have the settings to tweak if you want to.
    I will try to get the most stable settings for it and set it by default.

jangomoose likes this.
  6. imtehQ

imtehQ

I want to keep you all up to data about this version, its soon to be released

Aquas Water/River set support now complete, including objects floating with the flow of the river.

boysenberry and neoTypic like this.
  7. Goggo

Goggo

Hi @imtehQ,

im not getting it to work with playway Water. I configure my cube as described in the manuel. I've Checked the Support Checkbox. I've attached the Water. What am i doing wrong? Im using Unity 2017.1.0f3, Playway Water 1.1.7 and the newest Version of RWP.

My cube only sinks on the ground no matter what i do. My cube got a meshfilter an a boxcollider.

Thanks in advance,

George

8. imtehQ

imtehQ

Make sure you add the tag to the Scripting Define Symbols, and dont forget the press enter to save it.

Edit >Project Setting >Player >Other Settings >Scripting Define Symbols

Add PW;

This would update the script to support play water system.

Side note on the version you are using right now there are some issues with it with playway water, in the new version this is resolved.

Let me know if you get it to work or not, else i will help you in private messages ;)

9. Goggo

Goggo

Thanks for your support. I read the manuel several times and watched the online tutorials. It seems to be set up correctly. I've added the tag PW to the scripting define symbols and configured the cube. It just sinks to the ground. It doesn't matter how solid the cube is. Could you help me please, i've really tried to figure it out by myself.

Thanks in advance

George

10. imtehQ

imtehQ

As i was fixing some issues with the mesh only setups, i found a way to bypass all the checkes for the gameobjects and allow you to use your childs objects and mesh and collider types.

This changes some things on the interface of the buoyancy script so i will take some more time working that out.

Im trying to put all the possible options of how anyone might setup there gameobjects to work.
    Right now i got the following options to work,

[​IMG]

And i still need to test and workout some back end access for people that want to alter those option in runtime.

So in short, yes the next update is coming, I'm still working on it with all the spare time i have, but it might still be a month or so, just so much to do :(

And if you have any setups that you use please, tell me and i can see if there are issues with it, Thanks

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  11. mwituni

mwituni

Suimono :)

12. imtehQ

imtehQ

XD im working on that yes, but what i mean is how you setup your objects you want to have buoyancy on it :p

13. imtehQ

imtehQ

Ok so a small update about the new version for people that are waiting for it.

I had to remove a big part of to code cause of a design flaw i made, but i fixed it and it allows better child gameobjects supports, right now im still thinking about to improve the interface a bit for each and every possible way to setup gameobjects in the world.

Following options are possible:
    Normal gameobject that has a mesh filter and collider, will work without issues.
    Split gameobject, where its mesh and/or collider is somewhere else, is working without issues.
    Parenting Gameobject, where its parent is one of the 2 above and each child has its own script, they can be deteched at runtime and might be the best option if working with a boat what can fall apart, im still testing it a lot.
    And then last you will have Rigidbody ragdolls, those are just normal gameobjects with each gameobject connected to each other with joints.

All existing supported water systems have been upgraded to work better.
    All the water systems on the to do list have been added, but needs a bit more work here and there.

Writing the manual was put on hold again as i was working on more support for people that dont want to use the interface to setup gameobject or just want to change things in runtime, im allowing as much control as possible for it.

Also working on a converting tool for the old and the new system

Again im sorry if it takes so long with this update, im working on it on my own and i want to make sure that its as best as possible when released, no one want to use a half broken asset.

boysenberry, neoTypic and ftejada like this.
  14. mwituni

mwituni

Hi,

Merry Christmas (again)
    I hope this asset is still alive?

Any news on the Suimono update? ... it was said to be "close to complete" on Oct 13, 2016
    Some of us may have died if we held our breath for it!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  15. imtehQ

imtehQ

Hey, merry Christmas :)

Yes! Im even now still working on it, and Its at its last steps, i need to make new screenshots and update the storepage information and add a few more pages to the already long (40 pages+) manual, but Yes its still alive, i still support this version and the new update will be out i think first thing next month but depends on unitys store update speed to.

Again sorry for the big delay, half way trough development of the new version one of the 2 developers drops out leaving just me to work on the whole thing, and the new version is a lot bigger then is used to be.

16. mwituni

mwituni

Awesome to hear, look forward to it, thanks.

17. imtehQ

imtehQ

I included a converting tool, but while testing it myself i found out it sometimes did not convert well, so converting can best be done manualy still, sorry

The new version is now ready, but it will be a new asset, with a updated price, you can still keep using this version however it will not be updated anymore.
    The new version is send away to be reviewed by unity, it might take a few days before you see it on the store.