Search Unity

[RELEASED] Readme - Rich Text Documentation

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MichaelKatic, Sep 3, 2019.

1. MichaelKatic

MichaelKatic

Hi Everyone!

We've just released Readme and we want to hear what you think!

Rich Text Editing

The concept of Readme is simple and generic. It's a Rich Text Editor that I originally created for personal development. The main draw that separates it from similar assets and gives it a one up on any text based file documentation is in line object references:

In Line Object References

References can be dragged into any part of your Readme and the link is automatically created:

As you can see above, the inline object fields are also copy/pasteable. We've worked really hard to make the process of adding and editing as simple and intuitive as possible.

Reduce Complexity

The reason this can be such an advantage is how complicated any project can become. Here is an example for Frank from Earth:
    upload_2019-9-3_15-22-15.png

In the screenshot above you can see how many connected parts there are for displaying Items on our TV screen. While this can be documented in a wiki somewhere, it would be impossible to get the level of comprehension needed quickly, without direct object references.

Well, that's all for my pitch! I am sure people will think of other uses and I would love to hear about them.

Also, if you'd like to join our mailing list you can do so here: tinyphx.com. Or, if you're interested in using Readme to distribute documentation with your asset you can contact me at mike@tinyphx.com.

Thanks for stopping by!