Search Unity

[RELEASED] RampBrush: a sculpting tool for creating slopes and ramps on terrains

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Phong, Dec 6, 2011.

1. johnmeyer

johnmeyer

Seem to be having same problem as other users.

Unity 5.2.3f1, Windows platform

Watched the video and followed instructions.

When Ctrl+Alt to start slope gizmo turns green, and coordinates populate in the script in inspector window

When I think Ctrl+Shift to populate ram end, either green gizmo moves to new location and start location in inspector changes with it, or even if it does update the end co-ord it fails to draw any ramp

Help please

Thanks

John

2. Phong

Phong

Hi John.

I just gave it a test and it is working for me. Check the brush settings:
    • An opacity of 0 will produce no ramp.
    • a very low brush size combined with high softness could produce no ramp
    • high sample spacing could produce no ramp.

If these don't work can you post a screenshot of your inspector?

3. txarly

txarly

Hi,
    I would like to suggest to update the tool to work in multi tiled terrain(hope is not so difficult to implement).Awesome tool

Thanks

4. Phong

Phong

Thanks for the suggestion. Do you mean a situation where there are multiple terrain objects adjacent to each other to appear as a single larger terrain?

5. txarly

txarly

Yes, i use terrain composer and i have many terrains (10 x 10) , so it´s tedious to apply ramp brush for every one.Would be better to apply it to the parent object(that have all the terrains) and work as a whole terrain.

6. Tubsiwub

Tubsiwub

Is this how the curved ramp should work?

Attached Files:

7. Phong

Phong

I think the poor result is a combination of a lot of path points and very wide spacing on the brush.

I would try reducing the number of points on the spline, decreasing the spacing between brush samples. It also looks like your brush has a very hard edge. I would soften that a bit.

8. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

Hello,

Just purchased the asset but I am unable to create ramps. I am using Unity 2022.3, HDRP

When I CTRL+ALT I get a light blue gizmo, as opposed to the red gizmo mentioned in your video. It then leaves a green gizmo at that location. When I CTRL+SHIFT to end a ramp it moves the green gizmo to the new location.

Same issue with "Do Curved Ramps" I can press cTRL+ALT and get a series of purple gizmos along the selected path... but no changes to the terrain.

No errors or warnings... so what dumb thing am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

9. Phong

Phong

Looking into the issue.

Just tested in Unity 2022.3.5 and was able to make it work. Since the gizmos are moving it sounds like the start and end points of the ramp are taking.

What is your "opacity" and "sample spacing". Can you send a screenshot of your settings? Do you have multiple trains. Making ramps from one terrain to another?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2023
  10. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

Let me know if there is any other data you need.

My terrain is 8700 x 6700. Another tool wouldn't work with non square terrain, so I thought I should tell you.

11. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

Well... because of course it did. Now it works. The only thing that I can think that MIGHT! make a difference is that I had no occlusion culling, and today I do. I know, it's a stupid thought... it's all I got. I had rebooted both Unity and my dev machine yesterday and yet... Sorry for the hassle. I posted a four star review.

12. Phong

Phong

Lol, no worries :) Has happened to me many times. Glad to hear that it is working.

JamesWjRose likes this.