Search Unity

[Released] R.A.M River Auto Material.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NatureManufacture, Oct 13, 2017.

1. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

I had to do the same with all my projects and didnt notice any change. Did you remove old r.a.m catalog and import new version? Anyway sorry for problems we had to do this one and last time.

2. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

Yes, I did completely remove the old RAM after opening an empty scene, reopened the scene with the rivers and reassigned the spline component. No luck, though. But anyway not a big issue for me anymore.

3. Djayp

Djayp

Hello !

Impressive update ! I was waiting for it before purchasing.

Is there any way it works smoothly on top of MapMagic ? Do someone have an exemple of something he already did ?

4. iManolo

iManolo

Hi! I have bought this asset. I am working on it around two days. Very big work. Congratulations!!

I have a problem. Maybe it is because l have to know more.

I am working with Enviro too. In night scenes the light does not affect well to my river. The white zones are very brilliant and the water it does not completely well integrated. I do not know if it should work well or I have to do something to looks well.

Thanks!!

5. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

It should with any kind of mesh that use coliders so it should.
    You have pdf file how to update shader to enviro compatibility. Its 2 min work. Check at 1st post of this thread.

Djayp likes this.
  6. iManolo

iManolo

Hi! Thanks! Sorry for not reading everything!! I am going to prove!!

7. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Np. I will probably upload in monday packed version with already made changes:)

Mark_01 likes this.
  8. iManolo

iManolo

Works very good! Thanks!! I am going to experiment more.

9. iManolo

iManolo

Hello again.

I just had unexpected two errors (Seems the same cause, but I don´t know where is really the problem).

I have worked properly in the afternoon. Then a switched off my computer. Now I would continue working at night.

The first problem: When I have opened my project, all shaders of the assets give mi an error. In all of them the error is: "Shader error in 'NatureManufacture Shader/(Name of the Shader)': 'vertexDataFinc': output parameter 'v' not completely initialized al line..."

I have proved to reimport asset again. I have tried with different shaders too. But in all of them I found the same issue.

Second problem: When I select the river, in the inspector does not appear the parameters of the river. In its place I see a component with name "Nothing Selected", and the Script "RamSpline". Under of this, a warning: "The associated script can not be loaded. Please fic any compile errors and assign a valid script"

I have tried to select "SplineProfile". I think It was the selected in the last session. But I am not sure. Anyway, it shows the same warning message.

Any idea of where is the errors? Maybe I have to made the river again. It is not really a big problem, but I want to know if I did something wrong. Because I do not want to found again with this issue :D.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  10. trilobyteme

trilobyteme

I just updated to 1.4, and how get this hard stop error in my console in Unity 2017.2.2f1 on Mac...

Assets/River Auto Material/Scripts/RamSpline.cs(8,14): error CS0101: The namespace `global::' already contains a definition for `RamSpline'
    Any ideas on how to fix?

11. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

You got duplicated scripts. Remove old version of r.a.m (mostly all scripts and shaders) and import new one.

12. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Any other errors? Unity could not compile something and it block shaders.

Yeah so thats why you have broken shaders etc something block your engine - error in script at your project (even not related with r.a.m could block editor tools). Check console which script kills your project.

13. trilobyteme

trilobyteme

That worked, thanks!

14. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Sorry for problems;p but we had to change direction of folders etc only this one last time to support more assets based on r.a.m

Mark_01 likes this.
  15. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Few seconds with swamp shading;)

swamp1.jpg

New video:

16. elbows

elbows

Any chance of getting this working in Metal? Especially since Metal is now the default for macOS editor as of 2018.1. I have R.A.M working in openGL mode but in every version of R.A.M I have tried with metal (including latest), solid black is rendered instead of water. This has also been consistent across Unity versions, eg I just tried it with 2017.3.1f1.

Jaimi likes this.
  17. Mark_01

Mark_01

Hot!!! Love it :cool: :)

18. trilobyteme

trilobyteme

I'll add a +1 to the request for Metal support as well. My current projects (in a Unity-based virtual world) are on OpenGL, but I believe they've got Metal coming up on their roadmap soon.

Jaimi likes this.
  19. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    IsDon, wolfen231, trilobyteme and 4 others like this.
  20. Vanidash-Studios

Vanidash-Studios

Amazing work!

NatureManufacture likes this.
  21. elbows

elbows

Looks fun! Although I'm afraid you spelt volcano wrong, and I couldnt figure out a way to tell you this without me sounding like a bit of an arse so there, I've just blurted it out, sorry :oops:

22. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Yeah we found this:D we will fix it asap:D too much cases in same time;p

23. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Unity must add tesselation metal support. its broken atm on unity side. Anyway other shader variants work well. I even saw it on roadmaps.

Mark_01 likes this.
  24. Mark_01

Mark_01

Incredible , amazing .. WOW , Great work! Looks so cool.
    Instant buy, Thank you for all your hard work. :)

25. recon0303

recon0303

Ya the new Lava is amazing......we added a level, cave just for it, before I had no intention to adding Lava until I seen this....and was like, Umm, ya, I will design a cave for ours new Steam game.. :)

Mark_01 likes this.
  26. trilobyteme

trilobyteme

Wow! Phenomenal work! *races off to the asset store*

27. trilobyteme

trilobyteme

And... installing the asset immediately gives me back that same error I had last night.

Assets/River Auto Material/Scripts/RamSpline.cs(8,14): error CS0101: The namespace `global::' already contains a definition for `RamSpline'​

Deleting the whole NatureManufacture folder and then re-installing LVE followed by RAM appears to have cleared the error, but is there any chance that a future update to both/either could save from having to go through the delete/re-install process?

28. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Wait for r.a.m sync i will do this today in 5h. We updated ram about 3 days ago in monday we made video and we didnt expect that lava will be online today:p we must finish update too:) this will take few min. Wait for sync update in few hours:)

trilobyteme and Mark_01 like this.
  29. rasto61

rasto61

I know terrain shaping says alpha, but;
    will r.a.m integrate with vegetation studio and add a vegetation mask?
    also will r.a.m update terrain textures?

30. Artomiano

Artomiano

The new flow map system is really great. Finally I can create real looking flow environments, like water flow around a stone and so on. I'm eager to deal with it. ;)

Mark_01, Jaimi and NatureManufacture like this.
  31. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Yes. It's in our roadmap. System is shared between lava and river. Lava will burn foliage at runtime so river will be able to work with VS as well by default.

Mark_01 likes this.
  32. trilobyteme

trilobyteme

33. Rowlan

Rowlan

Very awesome, had to buy it, dragons need fire :D

lava 02.jpg

lava 03.jpg

34. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

feeder for dragons:D or watering place

35. smada-luap

smada-luap

I was thinking more of a large, hot bath :D

36. recon0303

recon0303

hehe, we are using it for a new Cave for our game, I had to design a new area, when I seen this tool. During beta.. Made me think and say, Oh ! well we don't have lava or intended to...but when I seen it, I went to work and designed a new cave for it... Asset is awesome. Prolly one of his best work, yet..

37. Migueljb

Migueljb

Does RAM require you to leave shadows enabled on a directional light in the scene? I turned off shadows and the water changes to non transparent with hard edges that hit the edges of the terrain. Anyway to get this to not require the use of shadows or this is how its designed to be used only.

38. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

It works fine I just tested it, maybe foam have to big power color and it start to be "emissive"
    Here it looks fine: https://gyazo.com/068cef86085aa24f42d05a6ee3663928

Gamma or linear rendering?

39. Migueljb

Migueljb

Using unity 2017.3.1p2 forward and linear. Ok ill mess with it again see if thats it but I just turned off shadows on the demo scenes and it did it to all of them.

40. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Did you try at clean project?

41. khos

khos

Hi, I just purchased this nice looking asset but am not sure where to start, I don't see any docs included? Can you point me to a tutorial for newbies? Thanks :)

42. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

There is spline manual in spline folder:)
    Check also our tutorial videos - we shownthere all features in few minutes:)

khos likes this.
  43. LNMRae

LNMRae

Hi, I'm having some strange behavior when I try to place points on Terrain. Most of the time it doesn't work and Unity thinks I'm just trying to select the Terrain itself. When it does end up placing a point, it ends up way off from where my cursor clicked. All attempts to place more points have the same issue, they end up far off from where I actually tried to place them.

I'm on the most recent version of Unity 2017, most recent version of R.A.M. I thought maybe it might be because I'm on a Mac but I see other posters who are also on Mac not having the issue. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

44. khos

khos

Hi, I'm starting to get into your nice asset.
    One question or possibly suggestion I have is, is there a way to make water mist show against objects where water is moving fast?

I use my own mist particles but wondered if this already possible with your asset or you have any suggestions, or can I request this as a feature?

Screenshots: rivertest.PNG rivertest1.PNG

45. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

You have vertex paint window open or vertex paint in spline tool? Because in this 2 options placing points is off.
    What do you exacly mean? Im not sure, you want to overlay objects? You could change render queue.

46. Keaneo

Keaneo

Hi,
    I upgraded to the latest version of RAM (after purchasing Volcano asset) but I only just noticed that the rivers in an existing scene aren't working. Loading the scene, I see the rivers correctly in the editor but if I run, they disappear. If I even click on the "Points" tab in the RAM editor, the rivers disappear. Any ideas?

Thanks.

47. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

They probably have ramspline script missed. Simply fill missed scripts by ramspline scripts and it will work.
    Did you add as new script or filled missed script?

48. Keaneo

Keaneo

Originally I deleted and added the script where the river had an attached component that said "Nothing Selected" / "Missing (Mono Script)".

When you say "filled missed script" -do you mean this: I reverted to the original scene in Git and tried clicking the script selection button after "Missing (Mono Script)", searching for "RAM Spline" and selecting that. As soon as I click on any button in the RAM script e.g. Basic, Points, etc. the river disappears and I get two instance of this error:

Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: '(srcData.GetChannelMask() & copyChannels) == copyChannels'
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Thanks.

49. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

We will check. Many users made this and it works but there could be always something somewhere! Let us check! ;)

Edit: When did you update r.a.m before? Very old version?

50. Keaneo

Keaneo

I only bought RAM on 1/1/18 and I think I was always up to date with the versions.