Search Unity

[Released] R.A.M River Auto Material.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NatureManufacture, Oct 13, 2017.

1. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

2nd post above:) - yes
    With vertex paint tool (included) you are able to blend this system with any water system/texture anything. Not sure what exacly you mean

2. ilham_fzn28

ilham_fzn28

Hello @NatureManufacture
    Thank you for this amazing asset... This is really helpful for someone who don't understand artist things... :)

I have some issue here, When I build my project into iOS, the river becoming black...
    Idk why but if I build it to Android, it's worked well...

Please solve this issue or maybe I missing something please tell me...

3. recon0303

recon0303

May want to post info about your IOS, Android, etc.....Like what type of phone, tablet ? Android Open GL 2.0,3.0 etc.....IOS, post what phone did you do your test? Is this in the editor only or on build? Being someone who develops for mobile alot this type of info will help him figured out the issue...

4. recon0303

recon0303

If people want to make VR thats there choice....I personally jump on the band wagon years ago and VR flopped, now I won't bother with it... Atleast for a few more years, personally choice but I agree developers making tools should be mindful for devs that are developing VR.. But I personally can't stand VR, nor like gaming with it. Now VR is growing, but I doubt it will to what people are thinking.. in my opinion I may be wrong, but from people that I talk to, they dislike them...Not all of them but a lot. Of gamers do...Makes some people sick.. as well. But again as I said, as far as a developer, for software, it should be ready for those that want to make VR games.. So I agree on the software side.. But my personal taste is another story.

5. ilham_fzn28

ilham_fzn28

Ok sorry I forget about it...
    I'm using iPad 29, iOS 11.0 And for the test is on build. Lenovo Tango, Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)...

6. Rowlan

Rowlan

Can you please not turn this thread into a discussion about the success of VR? Thank you!

And to stay on topic: I wanted to get RAM solely for VR. When I was about to buy it, one person wrote it doesn't work in VR while another was asking what the actual problem is. That's why I've been withholding so far. So does it work now or not?

OfficialHermie likes this.
  7. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

It should work at vr normaly as users said.
    I would say this could be unity thing. Check at lates engine version etc... Mobiles and devices are broken in 1000 places in every update;/. Anyway shader model 3.0

8. recon0303

recon0303

excuse me, this is a public thread....and he made a remark about VR...So please be professional if you want respect ..Thank you... I have my right to make a reply as a developer. Have a good day.

PS: You are the one that was making remarks about companies and VR.....
    Again this is a developer forum, don't like it, don't read threads...

Far as if it works for VR best to wait for the developer to reply...

and developers don't always add everything ,..If something is missing, you act professional and ask the developer if he supports, VR, or what ever your looking for, all's I seen was you whining that he didn't add it to the front page..... My guess is, he didnt add it as ITS never been tested in VR or he forgot, He is human, so, its not that hard to ask a developer, if he or she supports something.......... Knowing how well the developer supports all of his tools, he would possible add what is missing if you are respectful......... He is one of the few that give top notch support to all...of his tools.... anyways, have a good day..

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    nomax5 likes this.
  9. Rowlan

Rowlan

Question regarding the vertex paint tool. Is it also possible to "paint" the speed or declare sections where the river runs slower and faster?

10. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Just water stage now like at video which also mean speed but....i still wonder about solution. Btw paralel river mesh have first test!:)

11. deraggi

deraggi

Hi Rowlan,

I'd go for it. I have now multiple River Splines setup in my project using Single Pass Stereo Rendering.

I even just recommended RAM in another Thread where people discuss the lack Water Assets in SPSR. I'm using RAM to display a huge lake in my game and it works great!

Rowlan likes this.
  12. deraggi

deraggi

That's awesome! Any ETA on the parallel rivers? I'm currently using models to hide the stick so I'm really eager for this :)

13. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

We slowly step by step are closer to it. We add alot of optimisation in mesh etc. Now you are able to rotate each point so you have total control on mesh. Anyway probably upcomming 2 weeks

deraggi and Mark_01 like this.
  14. Nihilus0

Nihilus0

Hi, I have a questions before purchasing this asset.
    I wonder if the river is crossing each other.
    I want to create a river from a huge map that I automatically generate.
    At this time, I am worried because there may be situations where rivers cross each other.
    If possible, can you show me a video of when the rivers crossed?

Thank you.

ps. I was a non-English speaking translator. I hope you understand.

15. Migueljb

Migueljb

Does RAM work off reflection probes for its reflections?

16. zmaxz

zmaxz

It seems doesn`t work with TOD_Scattering,
    How do i fix it ?
    RAM1.jpg

17. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Ask author of this scattering what line you should add into shader. Custom solution need sometimes line in shader code to support features.
    Yes we use reflection probe because in river case its much cheaper then rendering whole texture in 2nd camera to get reflections. It also generate less problems with vr etc. 16pixel or 32 realtime or baked probe is enought.

From my test its possible to mix it How? You have vertex paint tool where you could blend by opacity and water stage this 2 rivers together. I didn't make movie about it, it need some love and work- proper vertex position to get good blend. With new version it will be even easier.

Mark_01 likes this.
  18. AlexanderElert

AlexanderElert

Hi! @NatureManufacture i can't add points by the spline tool, when i press the ctrl + left click another object has be selected on the scene .. what im doing wrong?

jayalter likes this.
  19. one_one

one_one

So, you guys have probably seen this already, right?

20. Migueljb

Migueljb

Oh that going across tool ontop of the river spline is very clever and looks great. Competition is always good even tho its a different engine. These guys work very hard on there stuff so I can imagine they got stuff like this coming up for there river tool as well.

one_one and jangomoose like this.
  21. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Their last tool have very bad taste over whole asset store so I would not expect nothing good. Their tools are great for unreal engine but for unity they were slow and poor. I hear that from everybody who I know that bought it - 20 people. Anyway this is River Auto Material thread so please focus on this asset instead of promoting unreleased assets which are curently for unreal.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  22. blitzvb

blitzvb

Agree to that!

NatureManufacture likes this.
  23. Mark_01

Mark_01

Agree also, +1 to that :)

Links to competing products in anyone's forum, is just wrong to start off with.

Why people post about unreal in Unity forums seems wasted time and energy on
    so many levels.. Unity is not unreal .. apple / orange.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  24. Teila

Teila

Exactly. I bought it, it was a waste of money. I would not trust this company to make anything for Unity. They created it and abandoned it with big promises that never materialized.

Much better tools out there, including R.A.M. :) I trust Bart...I do not trust the these other folks, not with Unity at least.

25. SilverStorm

SilverStorm

Just recently purchased this tool and I noticed that video above for the Ultimate River Tool and it gave me an idea.

At the beginning of that video and at around 2 minutes in we can see a dome shaped spline with a beautiful texture applied for that rain forest look.

I would love to see those in the next update perhaps?

Maybe if possible also a stylized texture set as well for when we want a non-realistic look?
    Example:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    peanutgallery and Lars-Steenhoff like this.
  26. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Hmmmm hmm ive added particles in next up and compatibility for enviro and hmm lets add this in next update after this ok? Yes we goal stilised too atm everyone is able to do this theirself by specific setup but we will do this also. Its just matter of textures and normalmaps.

wwg, BackwoodsGaming and Rowlan like this.
  27. SilverStorm

SilverStorm

Thanks a lot, yeah it's simple textures for the style but it makes a big visual impact. Can't wait to see the updates!

28. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

If someone use ENVIRO 2.0 you could add compatibility by this:
    PDF FILE

Mark_01, osss, treshold and 2 others like this.
  29. runningbird

runningbird

I was just going to talk to you about ENVIRO 2 issue I was having :) now I don't have to thanks!!!

30. nomax5

nomax5

I'm really enjoying RAM but my question is about the Advanced Rock Pack 1 texture naming conventions

so
    T_Ground_Moss_01_A = Albedo I think
    T_Ground_Moss_01_H = Heigh map I think
    T_Ground_Moss_01_N = Normal Map I think

What is _Sm?
    T_Ground_Moss_01_A_Sm

What is Mt
    T_Ground_Moss_01_Mt_AO_H_Sm

Cheers

Roy

31. ranaUK

ranaUK

using unity2017.2: on left eye water you have a reflection that is not on the right eye; it's from the demo scene - in my actual scene, I've a a small pier which also gets reflected as such.

Attached Files:

• ram.png
      ram.png
      File size:
      1 MB
      Views:
  32. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

SM is smoothness:) MT - metalic.

antoripa likes this.
  33. Mark_01

Mark_01

I am not 100 % sure on this as I don't have any experience on mobile, But I was just reading in the Hydroform Ocean forum and very sorry for this link ( its non competing at the present time ) ... here is a link to a post where they seem to be saying that the second eye reflection is a Unity engine problem? and gives a suggest work around for some cases.

For what it's worth, if i read it right >> https://forum.unity.com/threads/hyd...an-system-released.385545/page-3#post-2912098

@NatureManufacture I will delete this post if you feel its not appropriate just PM me here please, thanks.

34. treshold

treshold

totally Awesome, don't have to do it Trial and error -way lol

35. TalkieTalkie

TalkieTalkie

Will RAM work with Voxeland?

36. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

yes

Djayp and TalkieTalkie like this.
  37. blitzvb

blitzvb

Hey,

Does the river can be spawned at runtime ? Do you provide an API to change spline point?

Thanks in advance

38. hoodoo

hoodoo

Quick questions about using R.A.M. on ios and android:
    1. Will the shaders work on these platforms?
    2. How is the performance on mobile?
    3. Any limitations on mobile?
    Thanks!

blitzvb likes this.
  39. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Soon. I hope so we have idea atm without code.
    Yes but they need 3.0 shader model.. to be honest i will work on lower too but you have to change pragma 3.0 to 2.0 in code etc..Ofc forget about tesselation there.

Performance will be good, this shader is totaly cheap, beside that its transparent.

40. blitzvb

blitzvb

Thanks for the reply.

Can I use megashape or other spline asset to have the runtime functioning now?

41. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

I didnt test myself. You could try if UV will be correct it will be fine;)

42. chilton

chilton

RAM is fantastic! But it shows up as transparent in my player. Works great in-editor.

This is what it should look like. In the editor, well, there's nothing there. Sometimes there's a slight reflection, as though a fully transparent surface is there.

-Chilton

Attached Files:

43. hoodoo

hoodoo

Thanks, I purchased R.A.M. today! I'll let you know how it goes testing on ios 11.

44. deraggi

deraggi

I had the same issue, it was due to my lightning setup. The shader requires proper lightning to work. Check if lightning is enabled in scene view.

45. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

All transparent shaders need light to show up transparency:)

46. C_p_H

C_p_H

@NatureManufacture
    This chart shows tessellation is supported in the current versions of macOS, so now I'm thinking maybe Unity's pragma# target in their Metal API is set too low. Unity actually demoed it working approximately 2yrs ago, so don't know what happened. Metal2's support is even better now according to Apple's specs.
    Researching this myself, been holding back on purchasing any assets that require DX11 tessellated shaders as a result.

47. elbows

elbows

Tessellation for Metal is on the roadmap for 2018.1 and I've also seen reference to it lately in some of the scriptable rendering pipeline code on GitHub.

C_p_H likes this.
  48. deraggi

deraggi

Any news on the new version? :)

49. kerrmedia

kerrmedia

Quick question, had a nice riving, made it with splines. Switched from gamma to linear rendering, then the river was too big, so I tried to get at the splines to reshape it, but could not select them. Can I somehow reshape the river using splines, or do I need to recreate it again?

50. magique

magique

Glad to see this was on sale. I finally picked up my copy.