Search Unity

[Released] R.A.M River Auto Material.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NatureManufacture, Oct 13, 2017.

1. donkey0t

donkey0t

Seems I'm having a fight with RAM today. I've created a separate URP project for Unity 2019.4.17f1. The rivers are fine but if I create a lake then I cannot add any points and CTRL + LCLICK simply selects the Terrain. Any idea what's wrong here?

2. donkey0t

donkey0t

Ah, weird, I didn't have the Gizmo selected. Whilst it was fine for the river spline it caused problems for the lake.

3. donkey0t

donkey0t

You can use the Lake with the Ocean/Sea profile

4. donkey0t

donkey0t

You need to ensure 'Gizmos' toolbar button is on

5. ksam2

ksam2

Can I use a custom mesh? It's a big sea around an island.

6. donkey0t

donkey0t

I anyone responding to this forum?

7. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

If you want the dev, he comes in occasionally.
    You could try him over on Discord to reach him faster or maybe email.

donkey0t likes this.
  8. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

You can find the Discord support link on the first post in this forum.

9. xinxiangjo

xinxiangjo

I install "URP 10.2 Unity 2020.1 River Auto Material 2019".But Shade still Magenta

my unity is 2020.1.13f1c1.

Attached Files:

10. koirat

koirat

Unity3d 2020.2 Pink Rivers

Shader error in 'NatureManufacture Shaders/Water/Water River Offset Vertex Color Flow': undeclared identifier '_BlendMode' at /GameTest/GameTests/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@10.2.2/Runtime/Material/Material.hlsl(51) (on d3d11)

11. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

12. koirat

koirat

RAM 2019 up to date
    Unity3d 2020.2

999+ errors of that kind:
    Shader properties can't be added to this global property sheet. Trying to add _WaterGrab (type 3 count 1)

Naturally rivers full of pink.

What I don't understand is that shaders seams to compile without the errors. But are still pink.

13. 3DResearch

3DResearch

Hi everyone, I state that the asset is really very nice, but I have a small problem. I should animate the points of a river spline: is this possible? How could I solve this problem?

14. 3DResearch

3DResearch

I have to animate a tidal wave. In order to achieve this effect, I thought I could simply edit spline points in the script "RamSpline" at each keyframe. I found out I can't edit these points in the "Animation" panel (this seems related to the fact that in the Animation panel, arrays can't be edited, as stated in Unity Manuals). Therefore I also tried to attach a script that edits the values of these points (using floats instead of an array). This indeed makes it possible to edit points position, but the mesh itself won't follow anymore the points (unless I go into the Inspector and switch from "Points" to "Basic" and vice versa). So my question is: is there a ready-to-go solution for simulating a tidal wave, otherwise, can you point out a viable solution? thanks :D

15. TKDHayk

TKDHayk

Dear Ram community,

I recently adjusted the shape of my river, but the auto generated mesh collider does not match. Anyone had this issue? the collider in green is narrower than the river for example.

upload_2021-1-14_18-43-41.png

16. Suryansh55

Suryansh55

@NatureManufacture Hii there I love your asset any idea when will you add underwater fx or is there any hacky way to add it HDRP?

17. mkrmediauk

mkrmediauk

You can make a sea

18. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

We have small prototype but until that you got such solution:
    its for unity standard.
    You only can modify it via api and call spline rebuild.

If you move points collider will hold old data. We do not refresh it at runtime.

If you use hd or urp please fallow asset description and readme files in hd and urp support pack folder.

Seams unity didn't show me messages at forum. For comunication please use our discord or email. Forum often doesnt show fresh posts.

19. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

Using Universal Render Pipeline/URP and Unity 2020.2 and getting the dreaded pink texture? I was... got it all working, through all sorts of fun and searching. Though I'd share the specifics for the next person

So, you downloaded the latest version of R.A.M... or so you think. Is there "URP 10.2 Unity 2020.1 River Auto Material 209.asset"? If not then you need to clear a file in the Unity store cache. Do do that open Explorer to; C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME HERE>\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x Within that folder delete the "NatureManufacture" folder, then go back to your project and into "Package Manager" and download R.A.M. again, then import. Now you SHOULD have the 10.2 version. Import that asset via top menu: Assets > Import Asset Be aware that the import of 10.2 took over 45 minutes on my machine.

*Rant: Developers should all learn to be more explicit when they provide documentation. I spent two hours searching for tidbits on this issue. eg: This comment to a review mentions deleting a file, but does not give the EXACT location: https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...-2019-river-auto-material-2019-145937/reviews (hey, no one is perfect, just bitching, just showing)

There is also a readme in the same folder with the 10.2 upgrade. "URP RP 10.2 IMPORT STEPS README.txt" - READ THIS!!

Basically go to "Project Settings", select "Graphics" (on the left) then select your "Scriptable Render Pipeline Settings" file. In the Inspector for this file make sure that "Opaque Texture" and "Depth Texture" and checked.

Then, last step I promise, change your river texture (assuming you already created a river) to one of the "Offset" textures found in the "/Assets/NatureManufacture Assets/River Auto Material/River/Materials Offset" and TADA! Working river in 2020.2

Hope this helps someone.

(awesome asset btw)

DigiLabOslo likes this.
  20. John1515

John1515

Hmm
    I can't get RAM2019 to work in 2019.4 with URP on an Oculus Quest. No errors as far as i can see in the debug log.
    The app builds fine, runs fine, just NO river material shows up in the mobile river demo example.
    Everything works fine in the editor as well.
    I also made sure to check off "Opaque Texture" and "Depth Texture" in the URP config for the correct platform & quality level..

Any tips what else I could try?

21. samaritanparadox

samaritanparadox

I feel stupid but for the life of me I can't find a simple setting for adjusting the overall speed of a stream. It just moves way too slowly for me. I've seen how to vertex paint individual areas, but surely there must be a simple setting to make the whole thing more rapid?

EDIT:
    Oh, I found it, nevermind.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  22. TKDHayk

TKDHayk

Dear Ram Community,

What's the correct way to rotate my entire Ram River Spline without causing issues?

Hayk

23. TKDHayk

TKDHayk

Dear RAM community,

I noticed a few issues in trying to make this asset work properly in VR - the occlusion culling is not accurate, - the river stops being drawn in places when I move my head around, assuming it is being obstructed when in fact it is not. How can I disable this occlusion culling on the river? It has nothing to do with the mesh renderers occlusion culling option so I'm assuming its a material parameter but I could not find it in the material nor the shader.

Also the river looks very pixelated on my Oculus Quest 2 but looks fine in the Unity editor and also looks fine on my FIrt Build of the same level.

Hayk

24. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Engine bug, try other version of URP.
    Not possible. You cannot rotate object, you have to move points.

l
    Screens please with issue. If its retarded try to turn off z write at shader code. Unity have long term issue with that since 2018:p

Best way to contact us is discord or e-mail. Simply forum doesnt show was that there is message/new post in most cases.

25. TKDHayk

TKDHayk

Thank you!

What is the Email address I should use to contact you and send you a screen recording of my issue?

Hayk

26. ytrewq

ytrewq

Hello. We use old RAM system and would like to upgrade to new. Do we have to buy RAM 2019 for full price or there is an opportunity to buy it for some lower upgrade price?

dsilverthorn likes this.
  27. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I think Unity store will automatically give you the discount if you use the account that purchased the first one.
    I assume the discount is still there, mine was given a discount, but it has been a while.
    Check the price while logged out, then check while logged in, to verify.

28. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

You got it at asset store as support mail or our website in contact label.

29. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

I could not find any documentation for using ECS with your rivers. Do i just add the convert to entity script and set the material to Enable GPU instance? Anything else?

edit: So it's the next day, and the above statement is exactly what I did. The River's material is set to GPU Instanced and I added the basic "Convert to Entity" script (set to: Convert and Inject GameObject, cause the other way causes the river to disappear.

Details: One terrain (700x700) with occlusion mapped. A few rocks and your river. This is for VR (Quest 2) Without the river enabled I get from 65 to 72fps (device not updated to 90fps so 72 is the limit) With the river enabled: 40 to 55ish fps. This is bad... what am I doing wrong?

Material: R2_River_Offset_Stream, I also attempted teh Big_Offset_River and a couple of the Mobile materials, which gave me a few more fps...

Also, all of these tests are run compiled on a Quest 2, NOT in the editor.

Thanks. (I'll keep at it and if I find anything, I'll post back)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  30. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

For mobiles at urp use mobile shader.

31. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

I did try a couple of the mobile shaders, even mentioned that in my post... it gained a handful of fps, but really not much. Is there a specific Mobile shader? I was using the ones in; Assets/NatureManufacture Assets/River Auto Material/River/Materials Mobile

I attempted "r2_river_Mobile_Big" and "r2_Rver_Mobile_Stream"

If there is additional info you need, or some other setting.... I could also zip up the project and post it on my site for you to see. It's simple, so maybe that would help. I'm open to ideas.

EDIT: Also it is mentioned that RAM is now supporting DOTS, any info on that?

Hope your week goes well.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  32. MHS-JProgrammer

MHS-JProgrammer

This is just what i needed. Thank you!

uniteiro and JamesWjRose like this.
  33. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Reduce number of verts of river and thats all what you can achive, Transparent shaders are super heavy for mobiles.
    Yes our hd and urp shaders support dots. We personaly didnt play with it.

34. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

You didn't play with it? Seriously, wtf kind of response is that? Your shader is stated to be vr ready but it is causing a TWENTY frame per second drop, even with DOTS enabled. Yea, this is all kinds of not okay. I guess my only option is to inform my credit card company and leave a review with this info.

I have been a software dev for 20+ years and have seen so much in the way of bad products... But your flippant response to your advertised features is very much not okay.

35. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Did you play with every new tech specialy for bugged hd and urp? If you have time for that go on.... We focus on support all new hd and urp versions, ecs and dots which are totaly new and bugged we leave for users. We will not investigate every new tech because nobody pay for such wasted time and nobody use it. Shaders support ecs as shader graph does and it's up to users to have knowledge how to play with them and use.

We test our shading at mobiles and they work best at unity standard, seams URP is very slooow, even basic shapes rander there with low fps;/.

I can suggest you:
    1. If river is longer keep it in parts to avoid render many transparent verts.
    2. Do not turn on screen color function in shaders to avoid pretty heavy for mobile shore distorted water. For sure it can kill render. Seams it's called depth writing at urp setup

I feel like unity standard work faster at mobiles but it's a bit bugged for vr.

FPS drop also depend what already you got at scene and if this another object in such config will not kill render.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  36. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

YOU said your product works with said tech, so yea it is absolutely your responsibility to check it. Your response here is so not acceptable. I'm glad that I posted the URL to this conversation in the review. Customers should know this is how you handle things, not to mention you didn't even read my first statement because you told me to do something that I stated i had already done. Sure shows that you don't pay attention. Makes me wonder what else you do wrong.

To prove my point: "FPS drop also depend what already you got at scene and if this another object in such config will not kill render."

My original post mentions that there is a terrain and your river, nothing else. Seriously, you could have handled this so much better, but blaming me when YOU didn't test your products, stating in your response to the review that you don't have the time to teach people things.... yea, I didn't ask for that, I stated what I had tried and asked if there was another manner in which to get your asset and DOTS working... so yea, again you didn't pay attention.

37. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

It's not my responsibility to teach devs fluid tech which change from update to update. We create asset in technology which unity provide. We update into new versions as soon as it's possible and if unity left bugs in not ready for development technology, then they left bugs. We lost 6 months on such updates and nobody pay for that, it block our developent pipline. I wish you good luck in searching for other asset and developer which will pass this.

No problem let they see we have no problem with that. I'm not sure what would you like to achive with such behave.

You use unity terrain at mobile?! Using it at mobile device is suicide and you have low fps at start just because of this. Specially when you use VR. Your "prove" test said only that you have no chance to get good fps at your scene in mobile device with unity terrain. Terrain 700x700 kill your performance at start, no matter what more you will put at this scene you will have low FPS. Nobody use unity terrain at mobile devices.Low poly meshes or other tricks are the only solution,

If you check "dots" at project it doesnt turn all features on, it's much more complicated tech. It's special architecture which allow to achive some cool effects with big amount of code work.

38. DigitalIPete2

DigitalIPete2

Did you manage to find anything to make this work ? I am in exactly the same position, need the RAM asset to work on Quest 2... :(

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Im using Unity 2019.4.19.f1 + URP 7.31 having tried the verified 7.53 and it doesnt work.

39. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Btw try 8.2 or 10.2 aswell. Unity fix in shaders alot in latest versions. It's good to use latest rp as urp and hd are totaly fluid and full of bugs at every step.

In fact urp works good on standalone, vr still have errors which are step by step elimiated by unity.

Depth texture could be missed as it only turn on refraction and its high cost in render. So everything depend on device goal.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    DigitalIPete2 likes this.
  40. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Remember that camera could have depth texture and opaque texture off by setup. This could generate that.

41. DigitalIPete2

DigitalIPete2

UPDATE... got it working... to a point. There's a slight distortion effect on the right eye only, so move your head left and right and it seems to unstick the alpha so suddenly the water disappears in the shape of the none alpha'd landscape (my river banks). It is very odd.

Swapping to Multiview seems to stop the shader working.

URP 7.5.3
    Unity 2019.4.19f1

Using R2 mobile shaders in the mesh renderer at the bottom of the RAM stack. Image from Quest 2 in headset - working.

Looks fab except for the shimmer!

[EDIT]
    Oh no -= It's a Qualcomm issue ! Check this out:

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...36.1828454246.1613511499-875996623.1514545871

So Qualcomm, their OpenGL ES 3.0 drivers on the Quest have an issue which they have decided not to fix.

I have to say that's seems outrageous really.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  42. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

For mobiles I would rather avoid distortion just leave color.

43. FullDraw

FullDraw

Hello! First off, this is a great asset, we are very happy with it!
    Is there a way to implement the optical illusion of refraction? We are currently developing a game that involves spearing fish for survival and would like to include this feature. Thanks!

44. John1515

John1515

No I didn’t look further into it. I think we’ll go for something more simple, also for performance reasons

45. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

We got only distortion, Refraction is really heavy effect.

46. TKDHayk

TKDHayk

Hello!

1) After editing the river shape, I remove the mesh collider and replace it with a new one, so the collisions will be re-calculated based on the updated mesh. Is this the correct workflow for updating a mesh collider?

2) I'm facing a scary issue where objects floating with RAM Buoyancy script flow perpendicular to the direction of river! However, the Flow direction is correct as indicated by the the yellow when enabling the "Show flow directions" feature. Not sure what caused this, probably changing the collider too man times?

I have had both of these issues before, and ended up making a new river because I could not fix it.

TRHANK YOU!

47. TKDHayk

TKDHayk

Hello!

When I press "reset flow to Automatic", I get the following error. Could you help me understand why I'm getting this error? Thank you very much, please see these screenshots.

upload_2021-2-24_2-20-28.png

upload_2021-2-24_2-20-17.png

Hayk

Attached Files:

48. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Please share whole flow setup;p not only part;p I will pass this to dev and ask. What engine version?

49. DigitalIPete2

DigitalIPete2

Just a quick update. I can report that I have the mobile shaders working on Quest 2 now, with Unity 2020.2.5f1. Unity 2020.2.5f1 is a bit flakey, it crashes more than I would like. The frame rate is a bit slow but maybe that's Unity?

Anyways this is from Quest 2 headset.

Attached Files:

50. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Drop grab screen color --> distortion on mobiles. Its heavy for them. At pc no matter but mobiles have problem with it.