Search Unity

[Released] R.A.M River Auto Material.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NatureManufacture, Oct 13, 2017.

1. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

If you use mac you have to turn Z write at shaders. It's apple/unity issue since few years.
    Not sure how much time of day is popular but we can add support for it like enviro, overcloud, aura 2 have already.

2. Sackwut

Sackwut

I have checked the Heightmap Resolution.
    May Terrain is 2048x2048, same as texture resolution. Heightmap was 2049. I have changed it to 4097, without any difference. River is still cracked.
    And it doesnt matter how deep the riverbed is. I have riverbed from 1-10 meter down and still the same issue. Pixel error is already at 1. But problem is not only in distance. Also very close or in it.

Not using mac.

Edit:
    Well i found that the Biomes, crated with Vegetation Studio Pro, cause the issues. As soon as i have an active biome, the water will crack in artifacts...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  3. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

But they have nothing to river shader, materials etc. Huge amount of devs use it with vs pro. They are only responsible for spawned foliage around river.

4. LumaPxxx

LumaPxxx

Thank you for your hard working!

5. Sackwut

Sackwut

With help of another user on discord, we found a solution for this behaviour. Alot of prefabs were set to Instanced Inderect on the Biome General Render Setting. This caused the issue!
    I needed to change all prefabrs in the biome to Instanced and now everything is working fine.
    But Thanks for the support. Appreciate it!

6. seldemirov

seldemirov

Hello everyone Tell me. How do I make the water have a color? Where there is a shadow, the water is not colored.
    Do you know how it works?

7. Anthria

Anthria

Hello,

i try to build a Terrain with Gaia and a River with R.A.M. for the oculust quest.
    Its a clean scene with only simple Gaia standard Lowpoly settings for "Mobile and VR" and "Synthy studios".
    Gaia Version: 2.4.5-c2
    R.A.M. Version 2019 - 1.3.9
    Unity Version: 2019.4.8f1
    But the build failed with error:

Shader error in 'NatureManufacture Shaders/Water/Water River Mobile Flow': Non system-generated input signature parameter (BLENDWEIGHT) cannot appear after a system generated value. at line 395 (on gles3)

Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_PASS_DEFERRED INSTANCING_ON STEREO_MULTIVIEW_ON
    Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING

Have anyone an idea to fix this error?

8. DGordon

DGordon

Hello,

Can this create roads like the attached picture? I'm really looking for something to create clean beautiful roads ... but if this does it, I might as well since then I get rivers too :D.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

9. PeterAndrewB

PeterAndrewB

Hello!
    Been using RAM for a while, it's great! Do you have a suggested way of softening particles that intersect with the river? Normally I'd turn on z-write/depth write if it was a custom shader but I don't see that ability anywhere in the package. Thanks a bunch!

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      98.3 KB
      Views:
  10. Nunggi

Nunggi

Hello
    I know that Unity Terrain is difficult to use in Mobile due to cost issues.
    So I'm going to change Terrain to Mesh.
    Does the R.A.M. operate only on Unity Terrain?
    Doesn't it work on Mesh Terrain?

11. shawnblais

shawnblais

We're looking to implement a stylized look, and would like to strip all the assets out of RAM we don't need.

Can you provide some guidance on what is safe to remove (in terms of textures mainly) if anything? Our intended workflow is to using Map Magic2 to fill in water across the terrain.

12. shawnblais

shawnblais

Also, just imported with URP, ran the URP package. Everything is pink.

Are there no instructions for viewing the demo in URP?

I tried manually upgrading the stylized materials, now the errorr console is spamming errors:

This is a mess :(

BMayzak likes this.
  13. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I don’t use URP yet, but I have seen the pink thing come up several times with other assets in the forums. On Malbers forum for his HAP horse riding asset he has said that the materials just need to be upgraded to URP. I would assume it is the same for everything
    Hope it works for you!
    upload_2020-9-25_23-24-0.png

14. shawnblais

shawnblais

Ya I tried that, and it started spitting out the error above :(

15. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Sorry. Guess you need someone who knows more about than me.
    You can try their Discord channel, not my favorite method but maybe someone could help

16. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

17. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

18. koirat

koirat

Same problem: Upgraded to hdrp. Imported secret package for HDRP.

Now got a lot of this kind of errors:

19. koirat

koirat

Solved. It looks like in HDRP tesselation shaders are not working.

dsilverthorn likes this.
  20. koirat

koirat

When using RAM in HDRP the river material is not working in Editor. Only in play mode I can see actual river. Anybody got this problem ?

21. KirklandSignatureBrand

KirklandSignatureBrand

Looks like I ran into the same issue with duplicate products on the asset store. I ended up purchasing the 50$ older version that didnt have the Ram Buoyancy script in it, but the new 2019 version shows up with a 100% discount, idk if thats because I purchased the other version or what.

22. amateurd

amateurd

Long-standing problem for me on iOS: river edges are sharp and flat. Only happens on iOS platform. Adding the deprecated "DepthOfField" script fixes it, despite popping up with loads of errors. Another way round it is to set Anti-aliasing mode on the camera post-processing layer to "Temporal anti-Aliasing."

Any idea what the correct way to get this working on iOS? Thanks

23. ChillX

ChillX

upload_2020-10-19_5-29-52.png

This is in Forest Environment. The pink is caused by Vegetation Studio. I've checked every tree shader and they are all fine. The Pink blob is somehow anchored to the camera and moves with the camera

24. ChillX

ChillX

upload_2020-10-19_5-31-44.png
    upload_2020-10-19_5-32-53.png

Another few screenshots of the issue

25. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

[SOLVED] See bottom of post
    -------------------
    I am having an odd situation with your asset. I have a vr experience where the player is in a boat. While in vr, when i move my head I can see a sliver between the boat and the river that allows me to see the riverbed. Seems like an occasion issue... But what do I know.

To test I placed a cube in front of the player with a basic Lit shader and I get the issue with your river not with other objects (terrain, rocks, trees, etc)

I didn't notice this with the Oculus Rift, but when I converted the experience to Android for Quest 2 I started experiencing the issue. I am running Unity 2020.11 and using URP. I attempted to create screenshots within the Quest but the do not show the issue.

Let me know what other info you need to help me, and thanks for your time and the asset

Edit: I have created a stand alone game that shows the issue. If you wish I can zip up the project and make it available for you to download to review.

Edit 2: I converted my testbed app to Windows/Rift to see if it shows up on Rift (CV1) and it does. There must be something I am doing wrong... but I have not been able to find a solution.

--------------------------
    Solution: I changed the "Stereo Render mode" from "Multi Pass" to "Single Instance" or "Multiview" (Rift and Quest, respectively)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    Cahon likes this.
  26. baaleos

baaleos

Im having an issue - I don't appear to be able to drop any polygon points via the way the UI describes it.
    Eg: I create a lake polygon - I select it, then I hold ctrl and left click.
    As soon as I left click- selection switches to the object I left click on.

Any ideas?

27. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Just finished my latest project, a classical music video called "By the Brook" using RAM.
    Thought I'd share it with everyone. This was developed throughout the pandemic as a form of relaxation.The music and scene were both began in February when everything was getting shut down. The music (composed by my wife) was finalized in late September and the scene was finally completed this week.

The goal was to take a few minutes and relax and let all of the world's trouble pass you by and just have a few minutes of peace before you have to get back to reality. I hope you enjoy the escape.

Quique-Martinez and JamesWjRose like this.
  28. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

Very nicely done. A minor critique, the water FEELS too clear so I didn't see it until I payed specific attention to the leaves on top of the water.

This would be nice as a VR experience.

29. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Thanks.:)
    I had a hard time getting the water right, but was please with the final outcome. Using a modified version of the swamp water with leaves.
    There are a few things I’d like a little better, but as an artist, you have to stop work and meet a deadline or you never get to move on to another project. ;)

30. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I was trying to get the camera to run it as a VR experience but haven’t gotten it to work. I used Unity Recorder because I couldn’t get my other cam system to function correctly.
    No any good cam systems?

31. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

I am using the "OVRCameraRig" that came with the "Oculus Integration" (free from the Asset Store), or "XRRig" that comes with the "XR Legacy Input Helpers" For example I have a Lord of the Rings experience where you are in a boat and the code moves the boat and camera down the river (no user interaction, like your experience) and it works fine for me. I would guess that there is a newer camera rig, because there seems to be a new one every few months (arg!)

32. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Yeah. The rig I was using isn't working well with 2019.4 (Helios). When I couldn't get it working I went with the free Unity Recorder which worked well, but I don't have a VR System yet so I was going to go with a YouTube 360 experience.
    I'll keep looking and may revisit this one if I get it figured out. If not, maybe on the next one.
    We are already discussing ideas and my wife has started the music, so I have to come up with something.
    She inspires me with the music, them my art inspires her to continue the composition.
    "By The Brook" was inspired by a location in a National Park we visit, and I made it into a more fantasy environment. :)

I'd love the VR experiences and that is where our work mostly centers, but just in a standard TV type experience.
    I like the idea of the new cordless Oculus but have heard some integration issues, so I am watching how things develop.

33. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

I just got the Quest 2 after four years of using the Rift. The resolution is wonderful, and the lack of cord is a great improvement. However, there is a real issue with the difference in horsepower, so be aware of that when/if you do convert.

Again, nice work. Best of luck.

34. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Thanks again!
    Looking forward to the improvements in VR!
    :)

JamesWjRose likes this.
  35. ksam2

ksam2

Hi. I need to create a very big sea around my terrains (Island) but can't figure out how do this. Do I need a custom mesh? Is that possible to create big sea with this asset?

36. budetosuper

budetosuper

Hi folks,
    I am new to Unity so I am sorry if my question seems dumb.
    I am using R.A.M v 1.4.01 (w Unity 2020.1.13f1 on Mac) and when I am trying to add point to model the surface of the lake (Lake Polygon) is just not possible to add it (to click and make the point). This problem appears only by the lake polygon (river - RamSpline is fine so far). Console is not showing any problem neither.
    Any ideas?
    Thank you

37. budetosuper

budetosuper

Same problem in my project. This issue happens only w the lake polygons.

38. stigmamax

stigmamax

Hi,
    I have this error with Unity 2020.1.4f1

GaussianDownsample.compute: Kernel at index (0) is invalid
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

39. stigmamax

stigmamax

I have errors on all the demos

40. stigmamax

stigmamax

Quelle version d'Unity dois-je utiliser pour que cela fonctionne correctement?
    Merci de m'avoir répondu

41. HIBIKI_entertainment

HIBIKI_entertainment

We have met similar issues before on R.A.M and other tools like Probuilder.

Some fixes we've found:

-Resetting layout to default in Windows> Layout> Default.

-Ensure there is only one Inspector window in your layout.

-checking and unchecking lock for inspector Window.

-R.A.M specific, clicking on vertex color then back to basics in the inspector can sometimes allow for it to work again.

Hope that does give you some help.

There is always the chance that R.A.M has some bugs as well in newer unity versions as it's often easy to overlook when you're releasing for many unity versions and pipelines.

vertex and flow painting in Lakes for us is the biggest issues in 2019LTS, so it's only fair to assume that lakes in general has a little less give. Only Bartz can answer specific version issues in the best detail there of course.

42. devaidxen

devaidxen

Hey!

I just got a few other dynamic nature assets, one of them being the forest, that also uses RAM Auto Material in its demo scene. I want to work off of the demo scene, but how do I copy and paste rivers made by RAM Auto Material into another scene? If I try doing that it goes invisible.

43. Rowlan

Rowlan

Check the file in the folder of your screenshot. If it's downloaded completely, just drag it into your project and it should install without problems. Feel free to comment in this thread.

44. TKDHayk

TKDHayk

Thanks! Figured it out 2 minutes after posting the question - should have read the documentation first.

45. TKDHayk

TKDHayk

Dear RAM support group,

For our game, we will need the river to push a Rigidbody (boat) along. In FixedUpdate(), I plan to get the forward direction of the river at the boat's current position along the river spline and apply a force in that direction. How can I get the Vector that points in the direction the river is flowing at a given position? Am I on the right track with how I'm approaching this problem? Anyone tried it before?

For our game, we may need to add buoyancy to objects floating along the river, namely a boat and perhaps some planks and debis. I plan to add add a constant upwards force to the rigidbody in question as longs it is under the river. The deeper under the river's surface the righidbody is, the greater the force I will apply to it. What's a good way to calculate the distance between my Rigibody (a boat) and the surface of the river at a given location along the spline that is closest to my rigidbody? Am I approaching this problem correctly? anyone tried it before?

hits and tips appreciated

Hayk the Magician

46. TKDHayk

TKDHayk

Dear RAM community,

I'm delighted to see that RAM supports Buoyancy and river force out of the box! This saves lots of Dev time so thank you for being so thoughtful and including these features in an already great asset pack.

Right now as my boat floats down a steep incline, it looks like the first photo. How can I make it look like the 2nd photo? Ideally I want to apply a physics force to make the boat rotate towards an orientation that is parallel to the water. Perhaps I cab retrieve the orientation vector of the water at the point of contact with the boat and work from there?

normally, if collision was enabled between the boat and the river, the back of the boat would touch the river, preventing the part of the boat that touched the terrain from going through the letting the front of the boat fall, causing the boat the become parallel along the river, like like second photo. But because the RAM Buoyancy script requires that the boat and water do not collide, the back of the boat goes straight through the water instead of being pushed up by it.

What happens now
    upload_2020-12-19_6-57-9.png

What we want
    upload_2020-12-19_6-57-40.png

47. TKDHayk

TKDHayk

Found an easy solution if anyone is interested - just add a collider to both ends of your boat, and attach a fixed joint to your main boat Rigidbody.

so fun!!

Hayk the conjurer of cheap tricks.

upload_2020-12-19_7-19-20.png

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  48. ksam2

ksam2

I'm still waiting for an answer :confused:

49. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Hello ;) In one of Your shaders, After build in Ram 2019 we see error ;) (Unity 2018.4.30)

upload_2020-12-21_13-52-11.png

50. donkey0t

donkey0t

Hi, I'm using Unity 2019 LTS and URP - when I create a large lake Unity becomes unusable. Is there a maximum viable size?