Search Unity

[Released] R.A.M River Auto Material.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NatureManufacture, Oct 13, 2017.

1. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

If you import hd rp support pack it will replace shaders, materials, setup, profiles etc. If you made own materials it will break it a bit as HD RP shader is ma bit more complex. Anyway all materials made by us will work out of the box as package will replace and update them.

2. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks, is that with Unity 2019.3 and the latest HD Pipeline Version? Also what is the name of the package? Where would I find It.

I ask because with forest trees, meadow environment, and mountain trees in my project its hard to know which to use as each seems to have a version of the HD RP

3. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

All my assets support 7.18 for unity 2019.3 like we mention in description
    https://gyazo.com/85ceabee020d2e30136c090982478105
    https://gyazo.com/c95280008c59a70c671cbeea4595da45

Hawk0077 likes this.
  4. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Attached Files:

5. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Please download latest version from store:) update it;) from unity 2019.3 ofc

Hawk0077 likes this.
  6. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Asset store wont let me import it. I deleted and reopen project to see if I can download it again and then import.

7. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Try to remove asset store files in app data

Hawk0077 likes this.
  8. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks I am doing that now. I'll inform you here soon.

9. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

I Managed to get everything setup and everything displays great apart from the rivers. The lakes are still black and the rivers pink. I added the SSS settings as instructed to the HDAsset but still pink rivers and black lakes. Even after trying several profiles.

10. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Ok but did you import hd rp support packs? Btw keep 7.18 hd rp at unity 2019.3 higher versions have big risk of issues.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  11. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Yes I installed: HD RP 7.18 Unity 2019.3 River Auto Material 2019 file. Then reverted to a standard RAM Profile as I added enviro fog to one of the shaders.

See image of basic setup. Underneath the shader all the materials are showing as expected.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  12. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Please use offset materials as tesseled at hd rp is not sudefault d.

Did you ceate hd rp project via unity hub? Your terrain is pink so..:
    - you open tesseled non supported demo scene
    - you dont have hd rp because default hd rp terrain shader is pink.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  13. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

The terrain pink isnt a problem as I am awaiting CTS Shader update in a couple of days which will make the terrain HD too.

I converted the project to HDRP.

I'll take a look at the demo tomorrow and copy the settings as nothing I do makes any difference.

Thanks, I will let you know how I get on.

14. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

If you didnt make project as hd rp via unity hub you must create hd rp asset and attach it as render settings etc.. Pretty complicated operation.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  15. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Yeah Ive done all that. And added your SSS Settings files to it.

I just copied the demo and it made no difference.

16. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

I think I am going to wait until I get CTS and Enviro updated because if I turn the lighting right up I see a kind of water surface. But the terrain and lighting are not giving me a good/true representation.

Im not sure how having a pink terrain underneath the water will work, it may nopt be transparent because theres nothing below the water surface?

Not sure, but either way I will wait to see.

Thanks for the assist. Much appreciated.

Attached Files:

17. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

You got CTS 2019 as HD RP?

Hawk0077 likes this.
  18. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

No, I am upgrading tonight some time. Then will be awaiting Enviro.

19. NumT

NumT

Do the tessellated shaders work with URP? They seem to tesselate but just render as pink...

20. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Not sure but I believe you have to use the OFFESET shaders/materials.

21. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi NM, I managed to get the rivers and lakes going by using the offset shaders, but I cant seem to get the ocean working. If you recall, I created a Probuilder Mesh and added the R2_Sea_Offset to it but it just flashes as in the image.

I cant get it to scale and have tried all of the shader settings but no good. Any ideas? Thanks
    sea.jpg

22. Fedora_Dev

Fedora_Dev

Hello.

Just purchased the asset today and am currently trying to get it running in my project. I am on Unity 2019.3.3f1 running URP 7.2.1. I've imported the 2019 version of the asset, and imported the URP 7.2 unitypackage. After doing so, I check on the shaders and find that the 'tesseled' shaders all provide a few errors and don't function properly.

Selecting `R2_Stylized_Lake_Reflective_Tesseled` in the assets gives the below errors:
    Shader properties can't be added to this global property sheet. Trying to add _WaterGrab (type 3 count 1)

Shader properties can't be added to this global property sheet. Trying to add _WaterGrab_ST (type 1 count 1)

Shader properties can't be added to this global property sheet. Trying to add _WaterGrab_TexelSize (type 1 count 1)

Shader properties can't be added to this global property sheet. Trying to add _WaterGrab_HDR (type 1 count 1)

Selecting any of the other materials with 'Tesseled' in their name results in the same errors, however the rest of the shaders all seem to work.

Any work around for this?

Edit 1: I've just verified that my URP settings asset has 'Opaque Texture' turned on.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  23. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Im cant be sure but I believe that only the OFFSET shaders work. But that was HDRP 7.1.8. Possibly the same.

24. bobAZ2019

bobAZ2019

hi,

i'm using RAM 2019 version 1.3.5 with Unity 2019.3.7f1 and URP 7.1.8. everything works great in PC. however, when build the project for Android 9, the water is gone. is this a known bug? how to fix this issue? thanks.

25. Fedora_Dev

Fedora_Dev

I believe I'm running into a similar issue as bobAZ2019. In the editor, I can build out a river system and make it look great, but as soon as I go into play mode, the water simply isn't present. Pausing and looking in the editor still shows the water, so the objects aren't getting removed at all. I checked my camera's culling mask to verify I am rendering the water layer. I did notice that the mesh renderer on the spline objects have a Layer Mask, however modifying that value didn't give me any results. Am I missing an important step in getting the water to show up in play mode?

On a side note, how would you suggest I make an ocean? I tried making a large lake, but when the lake gets too big, Unity just crashes.

26. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I got some answers on that a while back here in the forums.
    @Hawk0077 got it working. Do a search, but I think it was to make a object and add the lake script, but do check. It should only be a page or 2 back.

Here was his answer to me
    “created a shape by installing the Builder Package (not sure of exact name) then made the size of the object enough to fit around all of my islands, and then added the RAM profile to the object.”

Hawk0077 likes this.
  27. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

I upgraded my project to Unity 2019.3.7 and the new HDRP 7.1.8 (as prescribed in thet RAM help files) but the Ocean doesnt seem to render correctly now. So, am working on that. No response from NM as yet.

The rivers and lakes work fine though using the OFFSET shader types included with RAM.

Just thought I would add this.

dsilverthorn likes this.
  28. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I appreciate that.
    I haven't taken the leap to 2019.3, still using 2019.2. I'm always afraid of updating.

After the last RAM update, when I select simulate, it draws straight up in the air and doesn't follow the terrain.
    I could not figure out why, so I've just removed the mountain stream and waterfall, but I hope to add it back if I can figure out what is going on.

TheWarper likes this.
  29. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Please set vertex color rgb as black 0 0 0. Dont use any profiles on pro builder just drag and drop goal material so probably sea one. Best way to catch me is discord btw:)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    Hawk0077 likes this.
  30. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Tesselation doesnt work at urp. Please use offset materials.

31. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Catch us at discord we could sit into it together. Do you hold it in any parent with not 1 1 1 scale etc?

dsilverthorn likes this.
  32. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Its a material on a mesh, there is no vertex color. There isnt a profile being used so cant set vertex color for the ocean.

I don't do discord so if you dont support here then I'll try something else as I have changed every setting in the material but it wont stop flashing like the video. example.

33. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

If you put material on custom mesh you can use our vertex painter to paint mesh. We show that at video but with stone. Anyway just paint black color on mesh via vertex painter tool which is attached to the system and it will work.

34. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Sorry that doesnt make any sense to me. How can I paint a whole ocean black?

I used the floating island ocean and that is better but the coastline is as expected, running fast. Not sure how to slow it down. I will try in the morning. Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  35. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

No
    Just all to scale
    I’ll try to get to discord

36. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

You can paint 1 chunk and coppy paste and snap them together as probably your ocean is not one single mesh. 1 huge mesh would be very slow and non effective. Anyway marker could be big and it will take few min.
    Vertex color painter have flowmap painter aswell so you can slowdown any part you need or if you need global slowdown you can do it at material.
    Yes please it would be better.

37. ta98cb250f

ta98cb250f

hi
    I'm using it on mobile, but I don't know if the depth is calculated well or the river looks like an acne.
    It looks right in the Scene view, but it's not right on the Galaxy S6.
    Is there a solution?

1.3.5f1
    Unity2019.3.9f1
    URP7.3.1
    R2_River_Mobile_Big Green.mat
    GraphicsAPI=OpenGLES3
    Screenshot_20200419-001811.png

38. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Please turn on depth buffer at your camera.

39. ta98cb250f

ta98cb250f

Thanks for the reply!
    But it didn't work out that way.
    スクリーンショット 2020-04-19 15.03.10.png

40. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Last thing but its rather on mac (in engine issue) is to turn off z buffer at water shader in shader code. Your screen a bit dont show what happend. Could you show a bit more?

41. ta98cb250f

ta98cb250f

I would be happy to respond if you could point out the specifics.
    I have attached a screenshot of it. Some parts of the river are not shown in the upper part of the river.

Packages for rendering that are in the project but not in use
    • NatureRenderer
    • MassiveClouds

Attached Files:

42. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Any rp? What mobile device? I suggest to turn off z write at shader probably.

43. jammer42777

jammer42777

I love your assets, I've already purchased the forest, meadow and grass packs

*heavy sigh*
    I'm Brand new to RAM (I'm using 2019)
    I have an hdrp project and I'm using hdrp 7.1.8 and I've imported the packager for it.
    I have also imported the ram profile for subsurfacescattering.
    However the Material is pink and when I hold down the control key and click nothing happens.
    I'm a bit lost.

Any help would be tremendously appreciated.
    Sincerely,
    --Joshua

44. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Ok so:
    Send me screen from you package manager. Maybe you got 7.31 there.
    Which material is pink? Please use offset materials as tesseled and mobile are not hd rp supported
    Turn on gizmo button at scene window:) it's 2019.3 feature/change... or bug.

jammer42777 likes this.
  45. jammer42777

jammer42777

I appreciate such a fast response,
    I'm using hdrp 7.1.8 (I installed that pack for the other assets that I'm using and they work perfectly.

I'm not exactly sure what you want so I did the best that I could.

Attached Files:

46. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

It's pink because you didnt add any profile to r.a.m. You must chose river, material best way is via profile:) Check our video tutorial for that:)

jammer42777 likes this.
  47. KookaNova

KookaNova

Just bought the pack, and I understand most of it. Vertex painting and applying profiles and all that. However, I can't place spline points and create my own rivers or lakes. I click create River Spline, have basic selected, but ctrl + left click just selects other objects in the scene. If I try to in a scene with no other objects, it just does nothing. It never places spline points. I can manually place and move them by clicking "add point to end" and going into Points and editing they're X, Y, and Z, but that's really tedious. What am I doing wrong? I'm in 2019 using the Universal Render Pipeline.

TheWarper and dsilverthorn like this.
  48. jammer42777

jammer42777

I was going to write a big long letter but ConnorAGD is having the exact same issue as I do.
    When I control Left click unity selects the terrain and the river spline, it doesn't make points.
    I am using hdrp.

TheWarper and dsilverthorn like this.
  49. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Make sure Gizmos are on. It won’t let you place points unless it is clicked on in the top of the scene window.

That is what fixed mine when it happened.

50. jammer42777

jammer42777

I wish it were that easy of a fix.
    If I'm reading the screenshot right it looks like mine are enabled for RAM

Attached Files: