Search Unity

[Released] R.A.M River Auto Material.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NatureManufacture, Oct 13, 2017.

1. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

I hope they fix that or change before 2019.3 official release:) atm it's still beta and umm bugged a bit, memory leaks etc. I would aware to use beta engine version.

dsilverthorn likes this.
  2. xDavidLeon

xDavidLeon

Hi there!

Any ETA on the next update to support URP 7.1.8?

Cheers!

3. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

When unity officialy release 2019.3 atm its beta.

xDavidLeon likes this.
  4. amateurd

amateurd

I'm having some real difficulties with 2019.3, where river textures are showing up in black (or at least very dark colors) when building for WebGL. Looks fine in the editor.

Paid for and used old version okay, then 2019 didn't like it so upgraded to RAM 2019.

Getting a simple river to display on WebGL seems like a lot of hard work.

5. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Did you use mobile shader?
    You can force zwrite on at shader and it help in metal devices.

6. xDavidLeon

xDavidLeon

@NatureManufacture Hi again! Sorry to bother you again, but now that 2019.3 is out of beta, is it in your plans to work on an update to support URP 7.1.8? We upgraded the project and most scenes look pretty bland without R.A.M. :(

7. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Yes we fight with it. Basicly shading is ready but...7.18 bring huuuge amount of bugs in compare to 7.16... Like micro shadows dont work on custom shaders, any keyword remove translucency, new light system at 7.18 is retarded like hell... List is long and we must make alot workarounds... Seams 7.18 have big regresion in compare to 7.16 and lower versions...

p87 likes this.
  8. xDavidLeon

xDavidLeon

I totally understand, no need to rush it and lose mental health over it :)
    Let's hope Unity listens to asset store creators and applies the feedback to the next version of URP.

9. CubeGameStudio

CubeGameStudio

Hey guys, can you help me to subdivide the river mesh for culling, I did not find the option described in the manual, I am using Unity 2019.3 with HDRP.

10. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Splines or submeshesh? In basic section
    https://gyazo.com/53496b02ca010dec1dc1bf7364eab0a3

CubeGameStudio likes this.
  11. CubeGameStudio

CubeGameStudio

dsilverthorn likes this.
  12. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Just checking, but this shows a Lake and Not a River.
    If you are trying to split a river, I think you selected the wrong one. When you create a river with the tool you get an option to split into sections.

13. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Check out the tutorial

00:59 River- Basic functions: create and modify spline
    (I think you selected create lake polygon instead of river spline)
    08:56 River - Mesh split: submeshes and separated splines
    (You should see this after creating a river spline)

The video has links to the different topics, which is nice because it is over an hour long. :)

14. CubeGameStudio

CubeGameStudio

yes, sorry, its a lake... Can I split a lake into different meshes for culling purposes? I don't know if I would have a performance boost if I could.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    dsilverthorn likes this.
  15. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Read through these Q&As starting at https://forum.unity.com/threads/released-r-a-m-river-auto-material.499972/page-23#post-5187914 from @Hawk0077

He was asking about creating an ocean and breaking up the lake into multiple lakes to create an ocean and received tips and suggestions. I don't know how it worked, maybe he can answer that one. But I remember reading this discussion when he was trying it. The suggestion given was to use several meshes instead of splitting. Just creating more manually, I think.I've never tried it to know if it will work.

If you find a solution, please let us know so it can be a reference for others trying a similar thing in the future. :)

Hawk0077 and CubeGameStudio like this.
  16. CubeGameStudio

CubeGameStudio

Thank you dsilverthorn ;)

dsilverthorn likes this.
  17. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

I followed the second part of that post. I created a shape by installing the Builder Package (not sure of exact name) then made the size of the object enough to fit around all of my islands, and then added the RAM profile to the object.

dsilverthorn likes this.
  18. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Thanks Hawk! So you didn’t have to break it up into separate meshes?
    That was his question on how to split up a lake mesh. I was trying to help him out.

CubeGameStudio and Hawk0077 like this.
  19. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

No, to make the ocean I created a Builder object and attached RAM to the object, just like you would to a RAM Lake Polygon.

I did however, split all of my rivers that were two long rivers into 24 parts each. Then linked them in the RAM settings.

I will load my project now to show you an example.

20. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thgis is my ocean. Just one large mesh, it runs fine too.
    Capture.PNG

dsilverthorn and CubeGameStudio like this.
  21. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Cool
    Thanks!

22. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I like the way the lake looks and wanted to do the same thing to turn it into an ocean. :)
    I had problems with frame rate drops though.
    Did this method work to reduce FPS.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  23. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

I didnt test to be honest but having a single mesh with RAM attached was way faster than any other ocean I tried... Aquas, HydroOcean. Suimono etc.

My enviroment is large and so to create an ocean I used the water from the new Pro Version of Gaia, then removed the ocean and used the Mesh with RAM. All I used Gia Water for was the underwater effects.

The two QUAD objects in the heirarchy are plains that show the ocean surface looking from underneath the ocean.

The FPS basically for that setup is slight.

My massive project with hundreds of building, towns, villages, flying birds and other animals etc still runs at 60FPS when I do a build and approx 32 in the editor/Play mode.

Having the RAM and Mesh the size it is (approx 6x8 x 2048 tiles) hardly impacts FPS at all usaing ProBuilder to create the mesh and then adding the RAM profile.

The aformentioned ocean materials completely trash the FPS.?

By the way, creating a Lake Polygon as a normal lake then trying to extend it to the size of an ocean was just not possible. It crashed every time I tried to stretch the polygon to the width of my environment. It need to be a ProBuilder flat surface mesh.

dsilverthorn and CubeGameStudio like this.
  24. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

No you cannot split the lake but you can put quad/plane and drag and drop our material on it. Then paint it via our vertex color tool into black color. With such segments you could build huge water shapes.
    If you use non tesseled material you can check instanced on it (do not static batch it) and with multiple water meshes fps should be good. We did this in mmo game long time ago

dsilverthorn and Hawk0077 like this.
  25. xDavidLeon

xDavidLeon

Hi there, just letting you know that R.A.M. shaders are not working on URP 7.2.0. released yesterday.

26. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Excellent! I'm building a large world too. But having issues optimizing. Just 1 2k terrain is bringing things down to a crawl with VSP, megasplat, birds, animals, fog, Weather Maker, and buildings. Tried to use Aura2, but pulled it due the frame drops. Trying optimization techniques to get it working again, but a lot to learn. Once I get agrasp on that, I can start bringing in the rest of the terrains.

I prefer to just do the artist thing. :)

Looking forward to seeing your work!

Hawk0077 likes this.
  27. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

I followerd this.

Its pretty good

dsilverthorn likes this.
  28. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Thanks very much!

Hawk0077 likes this.
  29. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Apart from VSPro my main optimization thing was setting all the villages and buildings as static objects. This helped a lot.

I then just had to make the doors not static to allow them to open.

Nature manufacturer trees are also way better than speedtrees. My speedtrees look great but they just cost too much in fps.

Also any objects in VSPro can be made static like rocks etc but the video above takes you through the whole optimization process and includes all of that.

dsilverthorn likes this.
  30. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Cool. I'm right there with you. I'm using Nature manufacturer too. Many of my buildings are causing problem due to high tris but I'm sure there are many many thing left to do to optimize. Going to go through that video and get all I can out of it. I also just picked up Optimizers to do some individual culling to help with the buildings.
    I'll get there, still got a lot to learn. :)
    Will be checking on static settings too!

31. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

I download 2019.3.1 today and I was unable to download 7.20 hd rp via package manager. 7.18 was last. You find it on hub or where?

32. xDavidLeon

xDavidLeon

You have to open the dropdown to see it.

upload_2020-2-14_12-20-7.png

33. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Ah I didnt notice its urp not hd rp;p anyway we support only official versions released with engine. if it support more it's cool if not.. i coudn't upload pack in 20 versions for each hd/urp 7.x 6.x etc
    Probably changes are small and need only small function rename etc.

We still didnt upload all assets for 7.18... so where is time for development;p

34. hongtm

hongtm

I encountered an error when testing with HDRP 2019.3 - VR. I cannot see objects that are under water

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  35. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Looks like you lost depth buffer at options in project.

36. hongtm

hongtm

It does not work correctly in vr projects

37. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Did you test other transparent surfaces ? Just plane with transparency ? I can't promisse that it will work for 100% for hd rp vr as it's fresh release. Anyway we used unity graph to build that shader so if there are any issues then it means that all graph transparent shaders will be issued aswell. let me check if someone else have such issue as it's first raport.

Btw 2019.3 hd and urp is most bugged version ever. We had trully big problems to release anything on it. Standard render on 2019.3 seams to be ok.

38. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Hi! One of our users made a test for you:
    " 2019.3.2f1 HDRP 7.18 latest R.A.M and latest SteamVR plugin. The cube in the water is from the SteamVR interactions sample scene. Is this helpful?"

unknown.png

And from build:

unknown2.png

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  39. Velo222

Velo222

Hello Nature,

First of all, awesome asset! I love the look of the water in HDRP. It's pretty cool!

I'm having an issue though that I found. I made a waterfall using a river spline. But when I fly over the top of my waterfall, I noticed that the bottom of the waterfall renders over the top of the very top of my waterfall. That is, there seems to be a render depth issue or something like that.

I am currently using Unity 2019.3.3f1. HDRP package version 7.2.1.

Here are two screenshots of my problem currently:
    RiverAutoMaterial_Problem1.jpg

RiverAutoMaterial_Problem2.jpg

Thanks for any help.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  40. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

You can open shader and set "zwrite" to "on" in all passes that have it "off" I will check that because it should be there by default.

Velo222 likes this.
  41. Velo222

Velo222

That worked. Thanks! It looks a lot better now. I put "Zwrite On" in every pass I could find. I missed some passes the first time I did it and it didn't work, so it must have been one of the "Passes" about half-way down the shader script. Not sure which pass in particular it was though.

By the way -- I'm getting an error in the console which does not affect me at all right now (as far as I know), but I just wanted you to be aware of it:

"Shader error in 'NatureManufacture Shaders/Water/Water River Offset Vertex Color Flow': use of undeclared identifier 'GetSurfaceAndBuiltinData' at Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition/Runtime/RenderPipeline/ShaderPass/ShaderPassRaytracingIndirect.hlsl(33) (on d3d11)"

This is not high priority at all for me, it doesn't affect me at all right now -- just letting you know for your information.

My main issue is solved. Thanks. It looks beautiful. :)

42. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

This errors will not affect build or render, anything. We test that, it's kind of engine issue. We build shader on graph and graph work fine, when we move baked shader into file it throw such thing. We test if this block anything but it works fine. Seams graph have issue with raytracing still and engine version. Just ignore that.

Velo222 likes this.
  43. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

About this issue you dont have to change that on shader, you also can simply turn on "depth write":
    upload_2020-3-10_9-56-39.png

Attached Files:

44. Velo222

Velo222

What is the code to turn it on in the shader? The current shader I'm using does not have the "Depth Write" option. It only has the "Depth Test" dropdown option.

RiverAutoMaterial_Problem3.jpg

No Depth Write available.

Everything is working now, but that would make it a lot easier instead of having to edit the shader manually, as you say.

Thank you.

45. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Its possible at hd rp 2019.3+ hd rp

46. Drimacus

Drimacus

Hi, I'm using Unity 2019.3.0 and URP 7.2.1 and have problem with shaders. I know that this version of URP is not supported yet but maybe it's easy to solve.
    I'm sending screenshot with error

Attached Files:

47. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Hi
    We support 7.18 seams it works max on 7.20 (not confirmed, only suggested by users)
    Unity change alot in every srp version and it's not possible to fallow every srp and upload version for every srp. Pack would be huuge and we would have to upload all our assets every week or two for every version. Make also note that if version is not native with engine it could have issues in compilation or other hidden visual errors. We advice to use native 7.18 for every SRP.

SRP is publishers nightmare.

48. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

Which version of URP is supported for "Forest Environment", please?

Edit: I have purchased "Forest Environment" because I see that you update really frequently and stay very close with Unity's development. This is really good. Thank you! It enables us to work much faster, and I guess you also spot Unity bugs which you report back to Unity which then makes Unity better.
    And you provide us with up-to-date samples of how to use the latest Unity stuff.

Thank you.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  49. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

7.18 and probably max 7.20. If unity will finaly release 2019.3 with 7.2x version we will support it aswell.

50. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

I have ram river and 2019 version in my project and am trying to make the shift to HDRP. How do I change an existing river lakes to use HDRP? Many thanks, Im not a coder so simple as possible please. Many thanks.

dsilverthorn likes this.