Search Unity

[Released] R.A.M River Auto Material.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NatureManufacture, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Unityaware

Unityaware

Thanks, I double clicked, imported, but it's still pink. Dragging Material onto the polygon/spline from the "Materials Tesseled" folder just renders it invisible.

2. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

LW and HD rp doesnt support tesselation at all. I mean HD RP not in custom shaders yet. Please use offset materials.

3. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, I am getting a wierd effect on lakes. As you can see in the images below... when I zoom in I get a pale blue effect.

Any suggestions to eliminate it, thanks.

lake1.PNG

lake2.PNG

protopop likes this.
  4. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Did you scale object?

Hawk0077 likes this.
  5. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks for response. No, I created polygon as in the tutorial by dropping points on the terrain in the shape of the hole/lake.

I reimported everything last night also to see if that solved the issue.

6. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

It looks a bit like GUI problems, Could you check at fresh project aswell?
    Please also show screen from object in inspector so I can see points scale rotation etc .

Hawk0077 likes this.
  7. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Yeah, Il create a short video going through settings soon. thanks

The Wave Translucency Power and Hardness turned down eliminates the issue.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  8. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

NatureManufacture likes this.
  9. Unityaware

Unityaware

Thank you. I installed the pack, but the River is still without material (pink). When I drag any material on to the river spline it becomes invisible.

The console says:
    Shader error in 'NatureManufacture Shaders/Water/Water River Offset Vertex Color Flow': 'GetNormalWS': no matching 4 parameter function at line 1185 (on metal)

Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_PASS_META
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  10. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Sorry or late replay. Hmm what device and engine version? LW or HD RP? This 'GetNormalWS': is probably easy to fix, looks like render pipline version problems. Do you use any ?

11. Unityaware

Unityaware

Yes, I use HDRP. The only time the river plugin works perfectly is in Unity 2018.4.2.

However, I noticed a bunch of other problems, all related to Unity 2019. For example terrain brushes causing regular crashes, which I think may be an Apple Mojave issue. I tried it on my PC and it works fine. However, the river material doesn’t seem to work on the PC either with the latest 2019 install.

I don’t know if others have the same problems or whether I am just not understanding or missing a vital part of running Unity in HDRP. I am purely a commercial illustrator, not a programmer and was hoping using Unity in HDRP for a children’s illustration project, because of the fantastic speed of rendering and the flexibility of putting scenes together.

dsilverthorn likes this.
  12. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

It works. Simply for unity
    - 2019.1 import hd rp 5.9 support pack.
    - 2019.2 import 6.9 hd rp support pack
    In fact in 2019 unity they change exposure and light calculations metod and unity left there many bugs which blocks distortion...beside that it fully work.
    For example at unity 2019.1 MPC company use at presentation and product our R.A.M in hd rp.
    I woudn't say that hd rp is fast now... no grass system (you must plant grass as trees) kill render like hell. Beside that I notice that I can render this forest in 200 batches with r.a.m and particles! It was in build and recorded at unity 2019.1 hd rp 5.7

You can check this pack here: Asset Store Link
    It have only trial of r.a.m but after you import this pack and r.a.m and then compatibility pack it will work perfect.

13. club1med

club1med

What is a problem on mobile! Please, Give me the Solution!!!!
    RAM is given very much inspiration on PC. but RAM Material of mobile is one problem.
    The below pictures are Scene view and Game view capture.

- Scene View
    RAMmobile_material_SceneView.png
    It is very good foam expression along the coast in Scene View..^^

- Game View
    RAMmobile_material_GameView.png It is wrong expression of foam. the foam was expressed only around main camera.

this problem is bug or my mistakes?
    Please, give me the solution!!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  14. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Please share your camera setup.

15. club1med

club1med

Thank you!!
    This Problem was my mistake.
    The below picture is my camera setting of it.
    RAMmobile_CameraSetting1.png

"Depth texture" was set up "on" and this problem was solved.

I wonder at a real nature expression on RAM.
    I will use your software continuously in future..

16. protopop

protopop

I hope someone can help. In Unity 2019.2.8 for IOS Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 2.25.55 PM.png I made an empty terrain, created a River Splien object, added a point and simulated a river which worked great. I can see the mesh going downhill. But when I press Carve terrain I get this error:

ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: shader
    UnityEngine.Material..ctor (UnityEngine.Shader shader) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Shaders/Shader.bindings.cs:118)
    RamSpline.ShowTerrainCarve (System.Single differentSize) (at Assets/NatureManufacture Assets/Spline System/Scripts/RamSpline.cs:1825)
    RamSplineEditor.RiverChannel () (at Assets/NatureManufacture Assets/Spline System/Scripts/Editor/RamSplineEditor.cs:745)
    RamSplineEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/NatureManufacture Assets/Spline System/Scripts/Editor/RamSplineEditor.cs:466)
    UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__0 () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorElement.cs:501)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)

Am I missing a step or does anything in here suggest a solution?

BTW I tried the same thing with a simulated lake (very cool) and it does carving and removes grass etc without error.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  17. hollegar

hollegar

Hi, this error occurs when there is no "Debug Terrain Carve" shader in project, can you check if its in NatureManufacture Assets/Additional Tools/Debug/Debug Shaders ?

dsilverthorn and protopop like this.
  18. protopop

protopop

Thank you hollegar for pointing me in the right direction - I will check this out :)

19. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, I have two issues I need help with

I am using RAM Rivers and Enviro.

The first issue is how do I get ram lakes to accept fog?

The second issue is that I have an 8k terrain and want to have an ocean.

I used Lake Polygon and added the sea profile but the problem is it takes ages to save the scene so isnt good for editing.

Is there a way to solve this?

Many thanks

Oh, bu the way, the ram sea is still far superior regarding optimization than any other ocean asset so I will be using it for the ocean one way or the other.

Many thanks

20. rasto61

rasto61

1. You have to import the package from Third Party Support Files to update the shader to work with enviro fog.
    2. You need to create your own mesh for a water body that large.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  21. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

About water mesh you can use many planes snapped together so you dont need additional surfaces. I would say also that each mesh should have black vertex color ( not alpha) ofc you can do this via vertex painter tool(included in our pack).

About enviro yes just import support pack which is inside asset.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  22. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

are there any tutorials of how to do that because its beyond me. Thanks

23. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks, I sorted the fog but not sure how to create a mesh and turn it into an ocean. But thanks.

24. rasto61

rasto61

Yes or multiple smaller meshes.

If you want do it yourself then probuilder or umodeler is probably your best bet.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  25. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks, I managed to create a flat plane using probuilder and added a ram material to it.

Do I need to, or is it possible to add a ram profile?

I ask because the when I created the massive lake polygon it did look better than just adding a ram material to the mesh?

Many thanks by the way.

26. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

drag and drop material, ou will probably have to adjust tiling etc as uv is pretty different then we saved at profiles.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  27. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks, thats a lot better now. But I imported the Enviro Weather support package and that didnt make fog appear over water.

fog.PNG

28. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

From our pack - unity package?

Hawk0077 likes this.
  29. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

From here, which I got from the asset store:

Capture.PNG

30. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Is that ram 2019?

Hawk0077 likes this.
  31. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Yes

32. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

whoever created that forrest is getting right on my wick, its sick. lol

33. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Is that latest enviro?
    You can lern how to build it with our pack. Look:

Hawk0077 likes this.
  34. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

I will take a better look at this soon. I will be getting the pack but not just yet ass I want to solve all of my current problems.

Do you have any idea how I can get the ocean to accept fog?

Thanks

35. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Ask enviro if something changed because basicly files was prepared by them. I can update into new version if anything is changed and fog stop working but... until now all works ok.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  36. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks I will check now

37. Shadowing

Shadowing

Ive been getting hit with this error a lot lately.
    Using Ram 2019
    Unity 2019.2.9

Code (csharp):
    2. IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    3. RamBackgroundEditor.OnSceneGUI (UnityEditor.SceneView sceneView) (at Assets/Models/Enviroment/NatureManufacture Assets/Spline System/Scripts/Editor/RamBackgroundEditor.cs:21)
    4. UnityEditor.SceneView.CallOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:3306)
    5. UnityEditor.SceneView.HandleSelectionAndOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:2539)
    6. UnityEditor.SceneView.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:2400)
    7. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <599589bf4ce248909b8a14cbe4a2034e>:0)
    8. Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    9. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <599589bf4ce248909b8a14cbe4a2034e>:0)
    10. System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <599589bf4ce248909b8a14cbe4a2034e>:0)
    11. UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:359)
    12. UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:353)
    13. UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition, UnityEngine.Rect viewRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:329)
    14. UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect viewRect, UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect, System.Boolean floatingWindow, System.Boolean isBottomTab) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:374)
    15. UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:341)
    16. UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 parentTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout, UnityEngine.Rect layoutSize) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:298)
    17. UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:483)
    18. UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:466)
    19. UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:447)
    20. UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatchUtilities.PropagateEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Events/IEventDispatchingStrategy.cs:64)
    21. UnityEngine.UIElements.MouseEventDispatchingStrategy.DispatchEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Events/MouseEventDispatchingStrategy.cs:59)
    22. UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.ProcessEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/EventDispatcher.cs:280)
    23. UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.Dispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel, UnityEngine.UIElements.DispatchMode dispatchMode) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/EventDispatcher.cs:156)
    24. UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel.SendEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase e, UnityEngine.UIElements.DispatchMode dispatchMode) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Panel.cs:190)
    25. UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:255)
    26. UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:78)
    27. UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)

38. hollegar

hollegar

Hi, when are you getting this error? When drag and dropping profiles?

39. Shadowing

Shadowing

Nah I'm not even using RAM. It is in my scene. But I'm not doing anything with it. I'll just load my project and eventually will get hit with it.

40. Quast

Quast

Does water interactive ? I mean I can see foam and waves when character walk on it or boat sailing ?

dsilverthorn likes this.
  41. julienrobert

julienrobert

I'm trying to use physic and have a boat floating. In the demo scene it works but I'm unable to make it work in a fresh scene. Even if I copy the game object working in the demo scene and past it in my scene. What should I look for? (using Ram Bouyancy script and rigid body component).

Also, I would like to be able to control the flow of the river with script at runtime. How do I do that? Can we have access to rotation of the points and control them by script maybe?

Unity 2019.2
    RAM 2019

42. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Nope, you can do it by own script or particle system.
    Did you set proper layer for water and add collider into spline?
    About rotation etc you got API so you can control spline at runtime even create points.

Quast likes this.
  43. julienrobert

julienrobert

That was it, thanks.
    I did this script to control all the rotation of the points with one variable. But for some reason, the values change but the spline is affected until I click on one of the rotation values. I'm pretty novice to Unity so maybe there is something I should know?

Code (CSharp):
    1.     private RamSpline scriptRiviere;
    2.     public float courant;
    4.     void Start()
    5.     {
    6.     scriptRiviere=GetComponent<RamSpline>();
    8.    }
    10.     void Update()
    11.     {
    13.         for (int i=0;i< scriptRiviere.controlPointsRotations.Count;i++) {
    14.         Vector3 rotation= scriptRiviere.controlPointsRotations[i].eulerAngles;
    15.         rotation.x=courant;
    16.         scriptRiviere.controlPointsRotations[i]=Quaternion.Euler(rotation);
    18.         //print(rotation);
    19. }

44. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

There is option call in api to generate/regenerate mesh, call it at the end.

45. AsoraX

AsoraX

Will this Version Work for 2020 or will there be a new Version?

46. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Atm we don't have plan for paid 2020 in long term. To be honest we only charge for huge updates when we had to spent few months on it. For sure if we release 2020 version and it will not cost us total rebuild it will be for free.

47. julienrobert

julienrobert

Ok, I don't understand how the function works, I don't know what mesh to send to the function. This is the code I inserted into the RamSpline script:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     void Update()
    2.     {
    3.         if (courant != courantPrev)
    4.         {
    5.             for (int i = 0; i < controlPointsRotations.Count; i++)
    6.             {
    7.                 Vector3 rotation = controlPointsRotations[i].eulerAngles;
    8.                 rotation.x = courant;
    9.                 controlPointsRotations[i] = Quaternion.Euler(rotation);
    11.             }
    12.             courantPrev = courant;
    13.             Mesh mesh = new Mesh();
    14.             GenerateMesh(ref mesh);
    16.         }//print(rotation);
    18.         //scriptRiviere.controlPointsRotations[0].eulerAngles.x=courant;
    19.     }
    I still need to click somewhere on the menus to see the updated mesh.

48. julienrobert

julienrobert

Ok it seems I need to call GenerateSpline().

49. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Yeap.

50. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, any ideas what is causing this issue with the lake polygon?

I cant find a setting that seems to be causing this. Any ideas appreciated before I redo the lake.

Many thanks.

Capture.PNG