Search Unity

[Released] R.A.M River Auto Material.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NatureManufacture, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Orangy-Tang

Orangy-Tang

Hello! I had a look though but couldn't see this addressed - I've got a small water stream overflowing from one pond to another. To hide the hard edges I've been painting along the sides with vertex colour black-zero-alpha (0, 0, 0, 0). This works great in the scene view and fades the edges out as i'd expect. However in the Game view the hard edges are shown, as if there's a different shader being used that's ignoring vertex colours.

What's going on here? Is there another way I can fade the edges out that will work in the Game view?

Thanks.

2. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

You use painter from river tool or other? You must use R.A.M painter to paint on vertex color -then data will be saved.
    I would use standard for app or hd rp but rather for images and render atm.

3. guni32

guni32

Hello!
    I noticed that R.A.M. has own Wet Shader and Enviro compatibility.
    Is there any way to use this shader to wet terrain and other surfaces/objects after rain? Thanks

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  4. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

nope, its just material for 3d mesh. Ofc if your terrain is 3d mesh not unity terrain object it will work fine.

5. zefirozh

zefirozh

Hi,

I already upgrade RAM to 2019 Version work with Unity 2019.2.2 and I have a problem with missing foam at river shore border. Do you have any solutions for that.

Thank you.

6. zefirozh

zefirozh

Already fix this issue by install Post process stack and enable depth of field effect then shore border foam just pop up some how.

7. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Probably depth buffer at your project was turned off. DOF force it to turn on.

8. zefirozh

zefirozh

Ok if depth buffer is the case. How can I turn it on properly with out using DOF effect.

Thank you.

9. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Not sure. AO also turn it on. Maybe in player settings for this device there is option to turn it on? In lw rp it's checkbox. it's mobile I guess?

10. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

On the asset store I saw a review from 13Flo who stated the latest 2019 version isn't working on the Oculus Quest/Go, are you able to confirm it works fine on those headsets? We are looking to make use of your asset in our project if it works for Single Pass Rendering on Oculus Quest/go

11. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

After investigate it seams it's engine issue and it works at "not all" devices. At S6 it works while otther devices can have issue.

ROBYER1 likes this.
  12. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Will any fix be possible of the Oculus Quest/Go? We are interested in buying your asset to use for VR experiences on those platforms. Your response is appreciated.

13. Barritico

Barritico

Hi.

After updating to the latest version, these errors appear:

Assets\NatureManufacture Assets\Spline System\Scripts\LakePolygon\LakePolygon.cs(314,31): error CS7036: There is no argument given that corresponds to the required formal parameter 'z' of 'Vertex.Vertex(double, double, double)'

Assets\NatureManufacture Assets\Spline System\Scripts\LakePolygon\LakePolygon.cs(315,18): error CS1061: 'Vertex' does not contain a definition for 'z' and no accessible extension method 'z' accepting a first argument of type 'Vertex' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\NatureManufacture Assets\Spline System\Scripts\LakePolygon\LakePolygon.cs(318,33): error CS1503: Argument 1: cannot convert from 'System.Collections.Generic.List<Vertex>' to 'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<TriangleNet.Geometry.Vertex>'

Assets\NatureManufacture Assets\Spline System\Scripts\LakePolygon\LakePolygon.cs(331,29): error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'TriangleNet.Geometry.Vertex' to 'Vertex'

... and 10 more. All refer to LAKEPOLYGON.CS

Unity: 2019.2.4f1

Thanks.

14. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

After last update? from store? or you update from old ram to 2019? If you update into 2019 ram you have to remove old before import new. It will fill proper data so you will not lose lakes.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  15. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi I Have a mountain lake and two long rivers using RAM but when I am in play mode the scene runs at approx 57-60fps then drops rapidly to 3-5fps then to 15-20fps then back up to 57-60fps.

The rivers are the main cause as I can run around all day at 57fps with rivers off. Then when I add them the frame rate doesn't drop in general much but then I keep getting the drastic drop which of course makes the scene jerk and stop etc.

I was using the mobile versions of the materials so don't know what I can do to solve the jerkyness.

There are two long rivers but leaving either on still causes the issue until both are toggled off.

Below are a couple of images to see. Any guidance appreciated, thanks.

Oh, using unity 2018.3

ram1.PNG ram2.PNG ram3.PNG

ROBYER1 likes this.
  16. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Show us river setup. Btw I do not advice to hold such long river in 1 piece. How big is terrain? It's rather sometrhing with collider or something. Check profiler for fps drop details.
    Shader itself is totaly cheap so it's rather related with huuuge object which is not in parts and triangle amount is huge. Just give more details.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  17. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

I would be interested in testing out or helping to fix the compatibility for Oculus Go/Quest as we have the headsets in office, let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

18. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks, I'll add details later today. Thanks for response.

19. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, the terrain size is 8192 x 8192 (4x4x2048 tiles)

I have attached a OneDrive video of the R.A.M settings.
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AqCnWIL3cdjfgvEg7W95mmG23dtzjQ?e=KhqRph

Are you able to split the object?
    If not, what is the best way to go about this?

Thanks.

PS: As for the profiler, its no longer simple to use so don't have a clue how to see what I need to on one screen. I'll take a look later but don't have time at present.

20. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

There are 2 ways to do it:
    - create submeshes so there will be 1 spline but multiple submeshes
    - split spline into 2 at defined point

Best way to show how it works will be:
    08:56 River - Mesh split: submeshes and separated splines

About profiler just send me cpu/gpu screen after you get low fps.

Lets wait for last compilation for unity standard. We and amplify must fix few things so this could happend.

rrahim and ROBYER1 like this.
  21. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks, Much appreciated. I will try that after backing the project up this evening.

The profiler seems to have changed since I last used it so I will take a look later after backing up and splitting the rivers.

22. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi this is a spike,
    spike.png spike2.png

Hope that helps, thank you.
    By the way this was after splitting each river into approx 5 points 17 Mesh parts.

23. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Turn off enviro for test. Seams it's reflection probe refresh killed scene in update.

24. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Is there anything I can report to Unity as a bug that is holding this up?

25. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks NatureManufacture, much appreciated.

With enviro Manager, Effects and Directional Light the judder or spike was approx 13fps whereas before it was 3-5fps drop. So slightly better?

spike3.png spike4.png

26. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

CPU says its gpu spike - gfx wait for present. Please send me gpu screen.

27. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

For usre if we verify if last upcomming version will be broken. Amplify must fix few bugs so I can recompile shaders and this changes are in area that we both are interested in. I will try to force fix/test asap as they back t te office.

ROBYER1 likes this.
  28. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Thankyou for your quick responses, I look forward to seeing if the bugs can be fixed and would be happy to provide any assistance to test or report the bug to Unity. Fingers crossed for Oculus Go/Quest/GearVR VR Single-Pass Forward Rendering support!

29. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks Again NatureManufacture,

Here are 3 screenshots with some hierarchy open.
    f1.png f2.png f3.png

Again much appreciated, thanks.

30. eblumrich

eblumrich

So- is there a way to have lakes accept shadows?

31. Deleted User

Deleted User

I am working on a 'World Machine' / R.A.M Pipeline.

The latest version of world Machine now generates Water(tributary's and Lakes).
    I can export water surface or water volume (obj mesh) with a vector field flow map.(Red ,Blue X/Y)

My question..Have you seen or heard, anything about this yet?

Can you work with me and the new Auto Material, to really get these new outputs into R.A.M?

More Example pics, of my WM exports (water mesh/Flow Maps) soon.

Mesh UVs

Flow Map

Mesh UVs 3D

Flow Map 3D

Imagine..laying out this network by hand???..

First steps??: Break the mesh up by terrain section, group by river, bake flow map to vertex?
    Its a big job, but once perfected..seamless

Patrick

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2019
    NatureManufacture and Hawk0077 like this.
  32. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

HD RP have shadows on transparent objects.
    We use UV3 for flowmap and vertex colors for water stage;) If you can replace this data it should work.

ROBYER1 likes this.
  33. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, Did you take a look at the GPU Spike image above. THanks

34. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Its from animated skinned objects and opaque objects not water. You got animated character there?

35. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Only the ThirdPersonController?

I'll dig a deeper into this, thanks

36. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Are there any PDFs for the Rivers. I want to add waterfalls at certain spots and blend into a lake but the video tutorials are impossible to follow. I have no clue how you do what you do on the video as whatever you do you do it way to fast presuming I know what your doing/pressing etc. and with no voice makes them impossible to use and of very little value to me.

Thanks

I actually found one above with voice so hope that includes what I need, thanks.

In the video above you say "we take the marker and we simply blend it".... what does that mean? What are you pressing? how are you able to paint the material?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    StevenPicard likes this.
  37. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Left mouse button. There is actualy pdf at ram project so you can fallow vertex color there aswell.
    Btw you have ram 2019 or old one?

Hawk0077 likes this.
  38. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

I tried left mouse that doesnt do anything. I cant find PDF and I am using what I presume is the old one as I havent paid an extra 15.

39. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Old one also have pdf file with manual. search for manual word.

Did you check everything properly?

Look at files preview at asset store.
    https://gyazo.com/375542b51e02b43a2f12ce5c85fce110

Be also sure that you have all layers turrned on in your project. We had such case that user had water layer off and he didnt saw result:).

Hawk0077 likes this.
  40. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Im gonna upgrade to 2019 in a few days or so and then see what issues I have then. I found the pdf, In the meantime, Im not sure how to change the speed of river flow.

41. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, I tried splitting spline to use multiple meshes as you described, but it made not difference. So was wondering...
    On your videos there is a Split Spline (as well as Split Mesh) function that doesn't appear on my version?

Is that an earlier version or the 2019 version?

Also I believe I heard you mention LODs somewhere but cant find that function anywhere. Does it exist?
    Thanks

42. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Old R..A.M split splane into sub meshes but whole spline object stay the same. Simply mesh is cut into few small mesh objects.
    R.A.M 2019 have ability to split into 2 splines.
    Ummm we didnt mention any LOD's. Spine doesnt have them.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  43. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks for the response NM, so I can split the spline at the central point into 2. Then split each half into 2 and so on?

Just want to make sure.

Thanks.

44. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

In ram 2019

Hawk0077 likes this.
  45. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks, I just upgraded, installed and split the splines into 8 per river (2 rivers). The lagging is far less now, so I am one step closer at least. Thanks.

46. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi all, whats the best way to add sound to a river.

The only way I am able to do it at present is to have a series of game objects along the river, each with a sound attached. There must be a better way although that seems difficult as I cant add a SoundBehavior to a spline or river object.

riversound.PNG

Any ideas appreciated, thanks.

47. Unityaware

Unityaware

I just upgraded to the latest version. All the textures in R.A.M. show up pink. How do I fix this please? Thanks.

48. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

If you use any srp please import compatibility pack.

49. Unityaware

Unityaware

Where do I find compatibility pack please>

50. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

In river auto material folder there is hd and lw rp compatility pack folder.