Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] R.A.M River Auto Material.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NatureManufacture, Oct 13, 2017.

1. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

I don't even know If I will fix it for 2.0. Unity have some issues with it which will be fixed soon.

2. Duffer123

Duffer123

@NatureManufacture ,

What's the eta for RAM 2.0? Is there an upgrade price? What is currently in and out for v2.0 in terms of new features?

3. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Join discord and learn this info

4. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

No worries new customers in last 1-2 months will get r.a.m 2.0 for free which will cost more initialy so it's good deal to buy it now while it's on sale.

Dwight_Everhart and Duffer123 like this.
  5. Duffer123

Duffer123

@NatureManufacture , I already own Ram for some time. Have you decided on an upgrade price yet? (sorry, have now asked on Discord too)

6. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

15 $?

syscrusher and Duffer123 like this.
  7. Duffer123

Duffer123

Sounds good to me

8. Player7

Player7

How does R.A.M compare to Aquas? Can anyone comment on that?

9. creat327

creat327

how does this run on opengl 2? I need it to run on android/ios but many androids are not opengl 3 ready as of yet.
    is there a demo apk to test?

10. tntfoz

tntfoz

What issues are you referring to here? SPSR has been working without problems for a couple of years, it's just the custom shaders (like R.A.M.) that need to be fixed to work properly with it. In fact SPSR has even been superceded by the newer Single Pass Instanced rendering mode.

What is it you're waiting for Unity to fix regarding this?

In any case you're saying that the current version and your new update (2.0) isn't going to support SPSR?

R.A.M. is a good looking water/river shader for flat games, but it's not viable for VR until SPSR support (at least) is implemented.

11. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Totaly different assets its hard to compare. Aquas is sea focused r.a.m rather river, lakes and spline objects.

Didnt test it should work ornat least version 2.0 where we made special version of shader for old devices.

We work with amplify devs and they have issues to implement this because of engine bug. We can probably do it manualy for sure like we hack unity terrain to push cts 2019 with instancing and all features. Anyway such solutions are time expensive and anoying to support.

Edit: we notice that single pass should be fixed.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  12. Shadowing

Shadowing

here is what the terrain looks like.

13. Kusras

Kusras

Hi I have one question is it posible to make RAM editing in the build (exactly I mean if I have map editor attached to the game, so people can design rivers inside that map editor)
    I understand that I will have to rework at least GUI, but sometimes it might struggle on more parts. So I am asking.

14. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Most importat question on which you didnt answer is what device you use:) it look the same even when you move psline out from terrain a bit in that point?
    Yes you have api for that. In r.a.m 2.0 you got more automatic stuff related to this area.

15. Shadowing

Shadowing

Sorry man I thought i answered that.
    This is how it looks in the editor with out doing a build I can only assume it looks the same in a build.
    Using Windows 10
    I moved the spline further from the terrain doesn't seem to matter.
    Here is a pic of how far it is from the terrain now.

16. Shadowing

Shadowing

Here is a video maybe you can see better if there is something I'm doing wrong.

17. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Now you got me. Hmmm only at this place? Maybe spline shape is retarded? Spline should have scale 1 1 1 rotation 0 0 0.
    It looks like retarded uv at this place. It only shows at build?
    Try to move it a bit in this place or something that will change uv there. I never seen such error.

Is that mobile shader or tesseled? non tesseled? If its mobile it could be because of texture compression if its related only to waterfall.

18. Shadowing

Shadowing

idk how it happen but the blockiness went away.
    I think I restarted Unity. Pretty sure it did it to all my water falls. Anyways

Is this the expected result?
    Maybe i can make it look better by transparenting some of the texturing a little bit with the color tool.
    I think I noticed in one of your pictures it looks like you transparent some of it to get a good result.

Do you have a few good pictures of how a water fall like this should look? That i'm trying to do.

19. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Did you bake ambient light? Did you modify our material as this look a bit odd? specialy normalmaps etc.

screens:
    1.jpg

Add particles etc.

jpg2.jpg
    jpg3.jpg

Attached Files:

• jpg3.jpg
      jpg3.jpg
      File size:
      1,002.7 KB
      Views:
  20. jakes-du-preez

jakes-du-preez

Any timelines on hdrp support in unity 2019.1 . hdrp 5.7 +.

21. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

15 may release r.a.m 2019 I hope. Everyone from last 2 months will have it for free (60 grace days)

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  22. creat327

creat327

any hopes a version for lwrp? some of us like the lower quality but super speed of that system

23. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

5.7 LW RP is done and packed in ram2019 today standard aswell. I only fight with hd rp 5.7 (I have working 4.8 )

24. creat327

creat327

well... I purchased the asset. Opened the demo island for mobile. Click build and run on my android device: no water. It displays on the editor but not on the device. So it doesn't seem to support mobile.

25. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

It depends from mobile as we catch. We have mobile users and most works but I truly can say it will work for all of them:(. What mobile btw? There is also screen grab pass function which we put as option in r.a.m 2.0 to avoid problems for old mobiles.

26. jakes-du-preez

jakes-du-preez

cool. tx

27. creat327

creat327

It's a Samsung sm-g361f with android 5.1.1 that supports opengl up to version 3
    never had any issues, i'm afraid ram requires opengl version 3.1 or higher which basically removes about 50% of all android devices

28. skom01

skom01

Hello
    When I put PointLight on the water, River mesh look like below , it is very fast flickering
    my unity version is 2018.3.6f / RAM auto material is lastest version
    how do i fix it ?
    제목 없음.png

29. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Tesseled version will have such behave. It's limit in engine by default but there is trick to avoid which cost other function;/

#pragma surface surf StandardSpecular keepalpha noshadow noinstancing vertex:vertexDataFunc tessellate:tessFunction tessphong:_TessPhongStrength

add at the end: "decal:blend" so:

#pragma surface surf StandardSpecular keepalpha noshadow noinstancing vertex:vertexDataFunc tessellate:tessFunction tessphong:_TessPhongStrength decal:blend

If you add decal:blend into pragma surface at shader it will start to work but also drop rendering order at waterfalls (you will see backfaces at waterfall surfaces). Bascily you will drop 1 of our feature. Look:

https://gyazo.com/a293fdaa296e9fe14684dbf2520bf4a1

Non tesseled water will dont have this issues but look at water border it's not blended / fully transparent until you will add decal:blend in such case.

Thats why flat water don't have such issues because they dont need functions which we use to have proper render when water surfaces is visible under water at waterfall.

It only happend at unity standard render. HD and LW works fine, because this last 2 have transparent rendering order while standard doesn't.

Yeap unfortunly. RAM 2019 will have grab screen color on shader switch but not sure if this solve the problem, I hope so.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  30. alexrau

alexrau

In Unity 2018.3r13 with LWRP, I get errors below when importing (Imported the LWRP latest version asset from the RAM folder). Any suggestion on how to fix?

Assets\NatureManufacture Assets\Spline System\Scripts\LakePolygon\LakePolygon.cs(218,31): error CS7036: There is no argument given that corresponds to the required formal parameter 'z' of 'Vertex.Vertex(double, double, double)'

Assets\NatureManufacture Assets\Spline System\Scripts\LakePolygon\LakePolygon.cs(219,18): error CS1061: 'Vertex' does not contain a definition for 'z' and no accessible extension method 'z' accepting a first argument of type 'Vertex' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\NatureManufacture Assets\Spline System\Scripts\LakePolygon\LakePolygon.cs(222,33): error CS1503: Argument 1: cannot convert from 'System.Collections.Generic.List<Vertex>' to 'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<TriangleNet.Geometry.Vertex>'

31. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

What lw rp version you got there? In 2 days I hope ram 2019 will be online, it will be dedicated to unity 2018.3+ standard and lw, hd rp.

alexrau likes this.
  32. koirat

koirat

I bought R.A.M. it looks like it is using TriangleNet, pity I also use it in my project. Now I got serious conflicts.
    It might be a good idea for a creator to use it's own namespace for example NatureManufacture.TraingleNet.

Now I don't know if i should use my TriangleNet or the one provided with R.A.M. is it a modified version or clean one ?

[Edit]
    It is clearly different than mine:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. 'Vertex' does not contain a definition for 'z' and no accessible extension method 'z' accepting a first argument of type 'Vertex' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  33. jakes-du-preez

jakes-du-preez

How is the schedule looking for ram 2019?

34. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

should be out today,

35. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

I wait for asset store accept (pending review). I had hope it will be faster but seams it will take longer then i expected.
    I will talk with developer about that.

36. devstudent14

devstudent14

Hello :) Thanks for the excellent looking asset.

I can't find any documentation either on the asset store or in the downloaded files. I know there are videos with a music backing, but that's not what I'm after.

Sorry if the location of the documentation is bleeding obvious

37. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Check for spline manual in project. Btw there is also 1h video for r.a.m 2019 now.
    Basic functionality is the same. Ram 2019 have much more features and better shaders.

devstudent14 and Rowlan like this.
  38. xDeveloper

xDeveloper

Why "Ram 2019", but not "Ram 2", is planned new version every year as subscription?

39. devstudent14

devstudent14

That's great! I appreciate the 60 days of grace. I purchased this only a few days ago, so having to update straightaway would have been a nuisance.

I also noticed the manual in the main folder. Not sure how I missed that. Thanks for the new video, update and help.

40. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

We will see. The thing is that we spent 4 months to build new version and it cost us alot. Without small upgrade price it woudnt be resonable for us. I will setup new forum for ram 2019 tommorow and announce everything;)

xDeveloper likes this.
  41. Recon03

Recon03

RAM , and now RAM 2019. one thing I like to see is a comparision of RAM and RAM 2019 , like many tools do, so incase people who may NOT need to upgrade based on needs/wants. So wondering what RAM 2019 offers, that RAM does not. I understand RAM 2019, is for Unity 2019 + but wondering what has been added to RAM 2019 that RAM does not have.

I see mainly screen shots, some videos of Meadow and a few other of your assets, so not 100% sure what is different. So if you can post this, or add to the asset that would help make people make a more uniform choose if they need an asset or not. Thanks! for any information.

PS: I cut way back on buying assets and use Unity much less now a days, so I want to be sure if its something we may want or need of one of our Unity games in development. . Thank you.

also if you built your rivers with RAM, and use RAM 2019 will you need to rebuild the whole rivers all over again. I had this issue when buying VS to VS pro... So we are in production so no time to keep redoing stuff, so important questions for us, before we buy or not.

Thanks for any info.

42. ceebeee

ceebeee

There's a problem with RAM 2019, specifically with this new Buoyancy system.

In the Demo Offset, the River itself has a Mesh collider, non-convex, non-trigger.
    The items which are supposed to float have a Cube or Capsule Collider, Non-convex, non-trigger.

So since nothing can penetrate the other, there is no buoyancy (nor wetting).

If you try to set the objects to triggers, they do float, but then they reach the shore often and since they are triggers, they don't collide and just go into the terrain and sometimes go flying or fall through the world.

If you try to set the water to trigger (which requires setting it to Convex first), the objects just fall through the water to the bottom.

So there doesn't seem to any combination that actually makes the Buoyancy work properly.

43. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Please check manual about it. You have to uncheck 1 box at physics and it will work. We cant check convex on such unreagular shape like river:)

Look below;)

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  44. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

3jpg.jpg

Why new paid version? Because we spent 4 months to rebuild it and add more features. Now it have totaly more options and shader is clear to understand, flexible and look much better. Now you have full control over it and all strange noises are removed. Whole system get huge boost and alot of new features. Take look at changelog and you will understand.

RAM 2019 is also for unity 2018.3+ It's better for it then old ram.

For old users update cost 15$ for this who bought pack not longer then 2 months ago it's free.

SHOWCASE VIDEO

TUTORIAL

Changelog since old r.a.m version
    • total shaders rebuild:
      • water micro-waves added
      • water makro-waves added
      • better normals manage
      • upgraded noises
      • fully scalable in size / tiling
      • older mobiles support - grabpass screen switch
      • single pass vr support
      • foam algorithm upgrade now it get realistic noise
      • more transparent material UI
      • reduced number of shaders, all of them now support flowmap and vertex color
      • added realistic water translucency (waves tops are brighter)
      • more realistic tesselation system

• reatime object wetness added
    • water physics added, you can even make object flow on water surface and make it wet at realtime
    • lake get own panel added with : simulation, terrain carve and paint, profiles etc
    • ram now paint and carve outside splines and lakes
    • LW 5,7, HD 5.7 HD 4,9 support added
    • extended profile system
    • extended terrain painting and carve system
    • added foliage remove from river bed system
    • new demo scene
    • new 1h tutorial about system (we will spread it to multiple shorter tutorials in the future)
    • new demo scene for vegetation studio pro
    • new stylized shader it was totally rebuilt - new water normal textures
    • new lighting and options for river and lakes
    • added mesh spliting in chosen points into 2 different splines
    How to upgrade?
    • remove old ram (do not save any scene!)
    • import new ram
    • it should work, you only have to re-aply new materials because we totaly rebuild shaders and old will not work

Give us some time to add new forum thread and provide any info

Rowlan likes this.
  45. creat327

creat327

on the changelog you say older device support (for mobile). is there an apk?
    also, I bought ram last week (or 2 weeks ago, can't remember)… do we need to send you anything to get the free update?

46. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Just go to new r.a.m and it will show free.
    We move grab screen pass into switch - it was the only problem with mobile versions. No everything should work good in this area.

47. creat327

creat327

ok I've just tested it on mobile... the mobile demo (which btw, you can't look around or anything, there is an island floating there that I can't even look at from the phone). It runs at 5fps.
    Just to give you an idea, I'm developed a game, full terrain and water multiplayer. It runs at 30 fps on the same device. www.dogfightelite.com if you are curious.
    RAM basic mobile demo at 5fps on that device... really needs to check the performance on this. It's horrible for now.

48. Zoraph

Zoraph

I think there is a shader problem with the 2019 version in hd srp with the flowmap. It is pink while show flow map is on.

49. cgns

cgns

I'm trying to get the latest version 1.7 and unity downloads the old one 1.6.1. Tried several times with 2019.1.2 and 1.3, same result. Any idea what causes this issue?

50. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Think your right, Have the same issue here ?

Attached Files: