Search Unity

[Released] R.A.M River Auto Material.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NatureManufacture, Oct 13, 2017.

1. zefirozh

zefirozh

Hello, I have a question about your Asset since I focus on mobile systems I make my terrain with mesh. Dose it support mesh terrain ?

2. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Yes but carving terrain will not modify your mesh. Anyway it work on everythibg that it have coliders.

Mark_01 likes this.
  3. hungrybelome

hungrybelome

Hi, did you ever find another way to fix foam on mobile aside from enabling post processing AO?

4. Matt-K

Matt-K

All of the demos have super glitchy looking little pixel squares all over them. I'm on a Mac. Not sure what the issue could be.

5. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Even mobile? Mac (metal) dont support tesselation - it will in last unity version? Not sure if 2018.3 or 2019. Please use non tesseled version of shaders for mac

6. Matt-K

Matt-K

Are non tesseled simply the shaders that do not include tesseled in the name?

i.e. Water River Tesseled vs Water River

Probably a dumb question but just want to be clear.

I just tested the different shaders in your demo and the only shaders that do not appear pixelated are the metallic shaders.

7. Unplug

Unplug

Maybe someone can help me out. I use a well beloved asset that was deprecated unfortunatly. It is DeepSky Haze. It give a marvelous effect and unfortunatly i havent found any new one. Is there a way to change the behavior of ram. The default render queue number of the shader make it appear on top of the haze, breaking the effect. When I change the number to 2500 or less, it "work" for the haze but it break the visual of the river (it start to "bling").

Anyone know if I can modify RAM shader or DeepSky to make it work together ? Or maybe someone have an asset to propose that work well together.

protopop likes this.
  8. zefirozh

zefirozh

I got this promble too, do you get any way to fix it yet?

9. Matt-K

Matt-K

I had an awful time with that too. In fact I was pretty frustrated, if you look closely it tells you to hold ctrl and left click to place nodes/waypoints that will draw the line of the river. Then you're supposed to select a water texture to put in an empty box in the inspector window. It's quite easy once you figure it out but wasn't obvious enough for me.

10. zefirozh

zefirozh

Thank you for you help

But it still don't work for me, when I ceate River Spline it no mesh or anything for me to add point on it.

11. zefirozh

zefirozh

I'm on Unity 2018.2.10 this Asset not working at all, Demo not working, Prefab not working all of them lost texture, just show scary pink color. Can you help me with this.

I try to follow your setups in the document and still not work.

12. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

This video was made in 2018.2f11 so its not engine version.

Please show me errors from console or from shaders.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  13. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Does deepsky artist didnt prepare info how to fix other water systems to co-op with his tool?

14. zefirozh

zefirozh

After update Unity to last version and create new project then import the Asset everything just fine.

I don't know what wrong before that but finally get away with it.

15. Matt-K

Matt-K

Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 6.59.46 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 7.00.14 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 7.00.26 AM.png
    Basically every demo and shader appear this way.

No errors in console.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  16. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Whoa... but... this are tesseled shaders.For mac you have to drop tesselation. So chose same shader in name but without tesselation word in material. Metal doesnt support tesselation until new unity versions.

17. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

Deepsky Haze was abandonned by the author a while ago.

18. Matt-K

Matt-K

Even the shaders without tesselation in the name have the same exact issue. It's unfortunate, but maybe it's just me or something.

19. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

It's fresh empty project? Please test at empty without other stuff then r.a.m.

20. elbows

elbows

Although my knowledge is now well out of date since I moved on to using HDRP some time ago, I never had any luck making this asset work with metal on Mac, neither tessellated or non-tessellated. And not using metal is not really an option these days, metal is the way to go on Mac.

21. Bigpete591

Bigpete591

I'm having trouble with the carve tool. When I press carve it lowers the terrain around the lake (or river) down to 0.

Using Unity 2018.3.f0

Before carve:
    upload_2018-12-15_8-49-59.png

Lake settings:
    upload_2018-12-15_8-50-19.png

After carve:
    upload_2018-12-15_8-50-49.png

22. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Hi
    Show me the curve and points position of the lake. That is strange;)

23. Bigpete591

Bigpete591

I created a new lake and tried the carve:

24. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Please show me terrain resolution etc something that I can reproduce. We used this tool many times but we always could miss something.

25. Bigpete591

Bigpete591

Terrain settings:

upload_2018-12-17_18-16-22.png

26. Matt-K

Matt-K

Yeah, every demo scene you have is doing that. I'm not sure what it is, but it's not happening with shaders from any other assets I've purchased.

27. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Sorry I have no idea. Since release i think I never met such thing. Im not able to reproduce that myself.
    I will check if there is no problem with 2018.3 and lakes. You sure you have latest version where we support new terrain?

28. Bigpete591

Bigpete591

Yes, latest version on the asset store. The problem also happens with a river spline.

I opened the demo scene and the carve works fine, so it's a problem with the terrain I'm using. Also making a new scene and placing a terrain and a lake works fine. Not sure what the problem could be with the terrain in my test scene since I don't think I did anything special.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  29. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Umm there are no miracles like "my terrain" maybe it have specific values that broke system. Could you send me "broken" terrain file?

30. Unplug

Unplug

deep sky is deprecated because the author had to concentrate on a game. the asset itself was develop in the first place for the game. I'm pretty sure some wiz can fix it or maybe someone can suggest a better solution. Found a global fog effect on github but it doesn't seem to work or to be under developement anymore

31. empirebattles

empirebattles

Hi, I just got this cause i love the potential.
    Was curious though... can rivers be made at runtime?

I'm working on a randomly generated terrain (using unity terrain and terrain collider). Before i try to draw splines and river-type structures at runtime, and build rivers and roads manually off of that, i was curious if RAM would be able to fit my need?

What i need is simple: river and road implementation, applied on top of the terrain after its been generated in-game (rivers to carve in, as a river should). Playing around with RAM up to this point, I haven't gotten what i'm looking for, so, i figure I'd ask on the forum here to see if its even possible, and if so, if there are any examples for how to 'summon' a river in-game?

Thanks for any pointers

32. Shadowing

Shadowing

What are some ideas on how to do audio for a river? Is it just placing ton of audio sources spaced out along the river.
    Audio sources are a sphere of sound though. That doesn't seem like an accurate idea to me.

33. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Hi
    There is small api. Ofc you could generate all stuff call functions from code. If something is not out of the box our code is open and comment so you could find function and call it yourself:).

Good idea but im not sure if unity support something else in sounds then sphere.

34. Mark_01

Mark_01

I remember a few years back we got Sector Audio ( was part of level 11 giveaway, for Unity 5 Pro) and I think it is still part of Sectr Complete. In any case there was an option of ( play sound via/through a " Spline " ) So it was good for
    Ocean fronts and creeks / rivers .

So I wonder if the people that do not have Sector, if it would be possible to put that play sound along spline right into
    RAM ? :) If not Sectr Complete is on sale for another day I think the sale ends on friday.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  35. holodevice

holodevice

River Asset: There are script errors while building(UWP). Please check with - Demo scene Floating Island Mobile. Development Windows 10, Unity 2017.1.16f & 2017.1.nnf & VS 2017.

The following errors are repeated for more scripts.
    "Assets\NatureManufacture Assets\Spline System\Scripts\LakePolygon\Triangulation\TriangleDotNet\Triangle\IO\TriangleWriter.cs(41,50): error CS1503: Argument 1: cannot convert from 'string' to 'System.IO.Stream'"

Assets\NatureManufacture Assets\Spline System\Scripts\LakePolygon\Triangulation\TriangleDotNet\Triangle\Geometry\Contour.cs(133,42): error CS1061: 'List<Vertex>' does not contain a definition for 'ConvertAll' and no extension method 'ConvertAll' accepting a first argument of type 'List<Vertex>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

36. holodevice

holodevice

Thanks for the fast response as below:

"Scipts which you refering to was uploaded for unity 2017.3+"

37. Shadowing

Shadowing

Is it possible to make the points number more easy to read in scene view. i think red is super hard to read maybe.
    Really hurting my eyes super badly trying to read the numbers while working. Maybe a setting that lets us increase the size of the font? Bold font may make a good difference as well.

Really getting massive eye strain from it.

38. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

I will add this to list:)

Shadowing and Mark_01 like this.
  39. Ben_Iyan

Ben_Iyan

I've just migrated my project, that included two RAM rivers, from Unity 5.3 to 2017.4 and while both rivers look fine, if I select one and then click on any of the buttons in the RAM editor, the river disappears. Also, when I click on the Points button, there is no array of points, which makes me think that the RAM object (for lack of a better term) did not migrate and what I see is simply the water mesh. Is there any way to recover this, or do I need to recreate the rivers? Thanks.

40. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Please update r.a.m to latest version dedicated to 2017.3+
    Yes, export it into csv and import again.

41. Rahd

Rahd

Hi :) ,
    the mobile build still have foam issues with the _WaterFalloffBorder
    so when it has a value the water foam when intersecting with a mesh , will have different looks

please help

Phone :

Editor :

I have the enable Depth BF script to force it
    i have tested with AO
    i have tried to change the shader code
    looks like a phone or unity thing ?

42. Rahd

Rahd

finaly solved by :
    Rebuilding the APK with new name and package name
    and it turns out the near clip on the camera is the main reason it won't work
    and i you rebuild with the same apk name the new settings wont change on the phone so you don't see any changes to the values you put
    i you face any issues with mobile do this and i hope it will work
    cheers

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    NatureManufacture likes this.
  43. jjobby

jjobby

Will this asset support HDRP in Unity 2018.3?

44. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Yes but it need time still. We already have converted version but... its broken in few places.

Thanks for info!:)

Mark_01 likes this.
  45. VertexRage

VertexRage

@Bigpete591 : I don't know if you found the fix for your problem. It seems that if you moved your terrain in Y, then crave function isn't working correctly. It wasn't easy to find, but it is quite easy fix:

1) workaround: move the terrain to 0,0,0 -> carve -> move back ;-).
    or
    2) Change line 1152 of RamSplineEditor.cs to:

Code (CSharp):
    1. float height = hit.point.y - terrain.transform.position.y;
    Edit: or maybe better something like + abs(terrain.transform.position.y)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  46. amateurd

amateurd

After 9 months, I still have difficulty getting rivers to work properly on mobile.

The edges look horrible unless I add some legacy script for depth of field to the camera. It comes up with errors.

Is there a proper way to get to work? Using latest RAM and Unity 2018.3.3.

47. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Fixed in new version.
    Screen? About edges you have to force depth buffer on mobile . Ambient occlusion force it but.. its pretty bad solution.

48. amateurd

amateurd

Hi it's the edge of the river, not the screen. How do you force depth buffer?

49. mantekkerz

mantekkerz

I've also got badly pixelated water, see attached. Only happening on Android - One Plus 3 (SnapDragon 820). Unity 2018.2.14. Was initially using vertex painted shader - works fine on iOS, tried switching to standard mobile shader but I get the same results.

Tested on a S9 and works like it should, but still, would hope for support on slightly older hardware.

Any advice?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  50. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Sorry but I didnt play much with this deviced and I have no idea why it work like that. I can't say it will work on all older mobile devices.
    I ask for screenshot;)