Search Unity

[Released] R.A.M River Auto Material.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NatureManufacture, Oct 13, 2017.

1. TalkieTalkie

TalkieTalkie

This isn't for 2018, right?

Got a bunch of yellow warnings about lighting when imported 1.5 in new release on Unity homepage (2018.2.0f2).

Attached Files:

2. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

We bake light on scene, yeah it simply says rebake it for your current unity version because in 2018.x they change light data. Simply rebake light. It will take few minutes or even 1.
    Its just info - rebake light , current baked data was made at older unity version.

3. TalkieTalkie

TalkieTalkie

Got it. Just wanna be careful and not break something. :p

4. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

I hope this video will help few devs,
    We build nice scene on your eyes without spending time on objects placment process. It also shows new simulation feature in action.

5. TacticalDan

TacticalDan

Hi NatureManufature,

We're trying to edit the shader to match our rivers with our lake and oceans but the shader source is really garbled! I'm assuming the shaders were generated using Amplify Shader or Shader Forge. We have access to both of these assets and would like to aquire the real visual shader source so that I can make proper changes. Is this a possibility?

Thanks

6. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Yes it was generated because such construction gives alot more possibilities:
    - fast fixes and version even srp changes
    - fast visual iteration during construction
    - good performance with wise node construction
    - easy to rebuild to achive stylized or swamp shading
    - preview on every code stage

Source? Hmmm it will be very very expensive and with separated agreement between companies.

7. thisismeactually

thisismeactually

Edit: SOLVED: Somehow this issue was caused by the unity layout (which hasn't changed!). To resolve it I set the back to default and handles appear again. I'll leave this here in case it helps anyone else out

Hello,

I've run into a strange problem. Basically the handles for the points on the river are no longer displaying. Everything was working fine until today and they have mysteriously disappeared.
    The same project works correctly on another PC and even on another user on the same PC so it must be somehow related to my user's unity config?

I've tried completely removing unity, all unity folders in AppData and anything unity related I can find in registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER. Reinstalled unity and re-opened the project but the problem is still there.
    I've also tried a completely empty project with just RAM added to it - same issue (see screenshot).

There seems to be nothing else wrong with any other part of unity - just the missing RAM point handles. Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  8. lo-94

lo-94

Hey I'm running into an issue with the tesseled shader. Here's some screens. It seems to be related to the big cascade falloff, I'm not really sure how to fix or where they are coming from. Any insight appreciated
    RAMTesseledArtifacts.gif
    RAMArtifactsSettings.PNG

9. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Its tesseled vs transparent depth bufer issue.

Open the shader, find exacly this code line:
    "pragma "
    and add this at the end of it
    " decal:blend"
    Save and it will work. You have do this in shader which you use (you got info at material). This must be added in exacly that place. Pragma is only one sppecific place so you cannot do it wrong.

lo-94 likes this.
  10. lo-94

lo-94

Sweet! That solved it, thank you. Great support :D

11. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

12. robinlancee

robinlancee

NatureManufacture When will come version For High definition render pipeline?

Its only supported now for ligtweight!

13. Vondox

Vondox

It took me some time to figure out why point lights doesn't play nice with my fog modification for R.A.M in Unity 2018. But I finally found a solution and updated the guide. (Attached)

Hope it will become handy for you guys!

Attached Files:

Salja likes this.
  14. MrG

MrG

15. yotingo

yotingo

Hi all,

I'm trying to add water to my spherical planet terrain. Does R.A.M. support this use case?

Here's an example of what happens with most solutions:
    Water Stretching.jpg

16. TacticalDan

TacticalDan

Hey I figured out why sometimes I can get the tesselated water to flicker --- it doesn't cooperate with light cookies. Our game needs cookies for cloud shadows in the distance so this is important for us!

Repro:
    • Load Demo Linear Rendering + Road + Sea scene
    • Add a cookie to the Directional Light
    • Observe lit areas of the tesselated river will rapidly flicker in some vertices
    • Disabling the light source or removing the cookie removes the flickering effect
    RAM Tesselated Cookies.png

Thanks for looking into it!

protopop likes this.
  17. snorkpants

snorkpants

Hi there,

Is it possible to find out the speed and direction of flow at any point along a river? For example, I may wish to emulate a leaf or stick changing rotation and speed etc?

18. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Very soon, I just back from holidays. I need few days to wake up:D. Umm I hope end of this or next month. It's 5 min for me to recompile it but everythimg must work fine etc.. It will take a bit to check everything.
    Most of our assets support srp now so no worries:D
    Um please read post above where is solution for this:)

Its tesseled vs transparent depth bufer issue.

Open the shader, find exacly this code line:
    "pragma "
    and add this at the end of it
    " decal:blend"
    Save and it will work. You have do this in shader which you use (you got info at material). This must be added in exacly that place. Pragma is only one sppecific place so you cannot do it wrong.

Um please say more about what is your goal effect:)- screens idea? Sure it will support why not.
    Yes,flowmap is saved at uv4 . Check our debug shaders, It shows debug from flowmap. It read U and V values from UV. We will add physics based on flowmap in next update. It will be easy script which will read UV from water etc.

protopop and snorkpants like this.
  19. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Updated. Thx! I will try to make it automatic via scripts.

Vondox and Rowlan like this.
  20. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

@DespairBear

DO NOT SHARE PAID ASSET CODE ONLINE. I have removed your post. Instead, if you have to share any code you will need to do it with the author @NatureManufacture in PM or email.

21. lo-94

lo-94

I didn't realize I did this. I've been posting a lot lately so maybe it slipped my mind. Apologies.

22. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

No problem. You had blocked private messages so I had no idea how to contact you to remove it.

New manual for enviro have been updated and thanks for interest!

23. Rowlan

Rowlan

I added this. But now the river animation is fast from left to right instead of downstream. Any ideas how to fix that?

24. Vondox

Vondox

Sorry I see no difference in river flow animation between modificated and original shader on my side.

25. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

There is checkbox:
    - invert or rotate uv. Check both:)

26. Rowlan

Rowlan

Already tried. I just figured that the shader I based it from (ie the same as in Enviro_RAM_2018.pdf) has the same effect, ie "Water River Tesseled Vertex Color.shader". When I use "Water River Tesseled Vertex Color Flow.shader" it works just fine.

27. deceptive_games

deceptive_games

hi, imported this package into my scene

3 errors

The type or namespace name `AwesomeTechnologies' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

28. Necka_

Necka_

Hi, I think you're using Unity 2018.2 with Entities/Jobs packages, got the same thing it's not compatible

29. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

It's because you have namespace from VS and you don't have VS at your project:
    https://gyazo.com/8eeccbed01332f1c0bc2d3ae0983b19e
    Remove Vegetation Studio there if you don't have it anymore in the project. Save and turn on unity again.
    Its in player settings.

30. BlankDeedxxAldenHilcrest

BlankDeedxxAldenHilcrest

There's no reason I can't used R.A.M. and Aquas in the same scene, right? I.e., use R.A.M. for stream/river/ maybe other unconventional uses like water pipes and faucets, yet use Aquas for some pits of dark colored standing water I'm gonna have lights reflecting off of.

Edit: Or say maybe those underwater effects, but with this tool.

31. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

R.a.m support blend to any other water system. You simply place end of the river on top of next water surface and blend it via vertex alpha.

Rowlan likes this.
  32. zetingq

zetingq

Hello, I am using RAM water now,we have a problem
    After I packaged the scene, I loaded it with another project.
    Water will appear under the camera according to the distance
    upload_2018-8-31_20-11-12.png

When the camera is farther away, it is like this
    upload_2018-8-31_20-11-54.png

What is the problem with this?
    How can I solve it?

33. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

You have strange shellow depth etc setup. Check this place in material.

34. GamePyro-com

GamePyro-com

Hello
    Bought RAM great asset.

But some questions about greating sea / lakes at mountains etc with it how that work ?

And when character goes in water / river effects splash etc ?

and how can make the river / sea / lake - deeper because when go under river lake etc terrain looks normal no underwater effects ?

Regards

35. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Underwater is image effects. There are maby of them on the store and I'm sure they will be always better then this which we will make as publisher is focused only on underwater effect.

Splashes? Spawn particles when player hit water colider.

36. Raul_T

Raul_T

Hello

First of all congrats on your awesome assets! They've been a real time saver for us (R.A.M and Mountain Trees - Dynamic Nature)

I just have one small question. We are currently using enviro for our skybox rendering, so I applied the enviro fog fix on all of the RAM shaders we are currently using. But there seems to be no difference in the rendering of the river. Am I missing something out? Isn't fog supposed to show on the river with the fix added?

Here is a picture of our results. Using Unity2018.2.1f. I exaggerated the fog to see if there is any difference...

P.S. The vegetation shaders in your Mountain Trees - Dynamic Nature are awesome! With minimal tweaking we got them working on our SpeedTree trees and the wind looks awesome :) Snow feature is also a good addition since our game is strongly based on realtime season simulation. Can't wait to see what other creations you'll bring to unity!

Best Regards

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  37. GamePyro-com

GamePyro-com

Ok
    thanks and we have the problem at
    vegetation studio the trees are in the river how can that be fixed with grass we tried with the touchbend mesh coliider so no grass at / in river . as at your assets and at vegetation studio i read that its compatible.

https://i.gyazo.com/b7c8f8172d8efd923fe34774df43f87f.jpg

regards

38. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

There is checkbox vegetation studio mask. It will mask foliage in vs - check manual:)
    Thanks for hot words. Umm at first page of this thread at 1st post there is link to small changes which have to be made to support enviro. Its few min fix in next version it will be automatic :)

39. Raul_T

Raul_T

Thanks for the reply. I already followed the pdf in first post. Previous picture was with the fix in pdf applied, and fog still doesn't seem to work. Should I send you my shader code in a private message? Maybe I did something wrong or I'm missing something.

Thanks.

NatureManufacture likes this.
  40. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please try to use the finalcolor:ApplyFog statement instead of finalprepass:ApplyFog statement. Does it fix your issue?

NatureManufacture likes this.
  41. Raul_T

Raul_T

It actually does! Thank you very much :)

NatureManufacture and Rowlan like this.
  42. Vondox

Vondox

Okay cool! I will have a look into that again in the next days and change the guide.

Mark_01, NatureManufacture and Raul_T like this.
  43. amateurd

amateurd

I get great results with mobile river on PC builds but on Android and iOS there is no foam. This makes the edges very sharp. Can this be fixed? I can provide screenshots if that would be helpful. Thanks

hungrybelome likes this.
  44. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Do you have depth buffer test and transparent shader on? At build /player settings?

45. amateurd

amateurd

Sorry, I don't see an option for transparent shader in the build settings. There is a "Disable Depth and Stencil" option but this is not checked.

46. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Hmm it's something that block depth buffer in mobile. 1 person to unblock it use AO image effect, it's totaly silly but it force device /engine to enable depth buffer - after this it works. We could make few test and I could try to force it myself somehow.

47. GamePyro-com

GamePyro-com

Hello

I have problem with terrain shape that at same river for example from top down at some long parts its over terrain shaped and not in it and at other parts of river its like it should be shape in terrain deep like in real.

Also is there a way generate lake / mountain sea with RAM ?

And are there ways to autogenerate rivers etc from OSM because we use RWT Real World Terrain from infinity code there we can generate buildings , roads , trees and grass from OSM map..

Work also at easyroad3D with OSM.

Also we have a script that character can swim but at RAM not work because user BoxCollider and with Meshcollider not work because no trigger.

How can that be done at RAM with collider that charcter swim and the Aquas Underwater or Water also not work at RAM as said its compatible is there a ocumentation because found nothing for that all.

Regards

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  48. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Please share a screen with issue.

Lake? In next version there will be dedicated tool. Now tou could simply put water plane and blend river into it like we did with sea at our demo scenes

In api at manual you got all functions to make such integration.

You could check collider as trigger and put layer into water so your swiming system will detec water.
    Check what layers etc they use for their swimming and setup the same.

49. GamePyro-com

GamePyro-com

i send screen yes then.

Also at Mesh Collider at RAM the is trigger nowork only when set to convex but then collider id not right.

i tried also with Aquas but not work right with RAM as you said compatible also the Underwater Camera / Effects not work from Aquas at RAM not detect it.

regards

50. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Compatibility means that it could be blended or use their mesh and it works. We didnt test any image effect but be sure that is matter of layer or script at the object. Check in their doc what is the point, what make surface work with their underwater effects.

What means that collider dont work? If collider is qual vert to vert with mesh it doesnt show but it works. Convex mean compress collider into max 255 verts, after such operation collider doesnt match the object shape thats why it shows.