Search Unity

[Released] R.A.M River Auto Material.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NatureManufacture, Oct 13, 2017.

1. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

Auto sounds would be super cool.

Also, you have some nifty cloud and spray particles. However, I have a heck of a time aligning them right. I'm not entirely sure what the intended rotation and distance from the falls should be.

Would be mind blowing to be able to shape my river/falls, then press one button to have a script automatically place the particals in the exact right spot (and user can tweak manually after if they wish)

Can't see that being "hard", you obviously already figured out how to calculate what's happening wherever on the spline.

Amazing asset!

lawsochi likes this.
  2. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

3. Artomiano

Artomiano

Sounds interesting. This means, I should not buy any asset of you or Lennart because it will be replaced in the near future?

4. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

No. It means all assets will work together well as we co-op in many ways also in new assets development.
    We are too overloaded for next 4 weeks.

AdamGoodrich likes this.
  5. JBT27

JBT27

I've got a problem where a river's transform and scale gizmos, no longer move or scale the mesh. I can see the values changing in the Points tab, and moving a gizmo also affects the look of the material. But I cannot change the position nor scale of the river mesh - it stays put. These are long rivers on multiple mesh islands - around 70 control points per river. The only option I have found is to try to redo the river, but it either fails to respond immediately after finishing, or some time later. I just had one that was working fine one second, then the next I can move the gizmos but not the mesh. Using Unity 2017.3.1f1.

6. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Uncheck snap to terrain checkbox in that point or river.

7. JBT27

JBT27

It's not checked anyway.

8. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Did you add aditional scripts on it?
    Any compile errors in background?
    This 2 resons was last source of such issues because editor scripts dont work properly with compiler errors.

9. JBT27

JBT27

No additional scripts, and no compile errors that I'm aware of. I had a couple hours old backup of the entire project, so reloaded that, and it was still working. I'm using it extensively, and so if it happens again, I'll report in. Sorry I cannot be any more specific. One moment it worked, the next it didn't. The only thing I did have, was hitting the centre pivot to object button, which sent the entire river scuttling off to 0,0,0 - it was hundreds and even a couple thousand away from that before the button push, and I couldn't undo either. Maybe the session got screwed and it's a one off. Like I say, I'll keep an eye open. It's superb and I'm using it a lot.

10. Artomiano

Artomiano

Okay, I bought RAM. I'm excited what will come next. ;)

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  11. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Could you send me scene with broken spline.
    Just scene file. I will load it and check broken spline. If there is something on our side we must fix it:).

Thanks!

12. JBT27

JBT27

It's been behaving itself, but when and if it breaks again, I will forward the scene file. Many thanks.

13. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Yes please. :) I playing with ram myself alot everyday and didnt notice it but this never equal that ther is no bug so all errors and demos will be cool.

JBT27 and Mark_01 like this.
  14. JamieTaylorX

JamieTaylorX

Hi.
    I am evaluating to grab R.A.M. My second assets :) . I am a newbie .. but really excited
    Is the forum the right place for pre-sales question ?
    Thanks

15. JamieTaylorX

JamieTaylorX

upload_2018-5-10_16-39-50.png
    i am interessed in the automatic flowmap river generation.
    Does it work in real time ? Does it drive the stream direction automatically ?
    It is not clear to me from the video
    Thanks

16. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Yes automatic flowmap is generated with spline based on curves. After that you could change it manualy - overwrite.

Artomiano likes this.
  17. eaque

eaque

Hi,
    I just bought Ram and i only tried the sea plane wich is to me absolutely great!! and with 0 impact on my perfs!:)o_O
    I didn't go inside the settings but i have few questions:

-i have an issue like with aquas when water is my charcater background, there are some artefacts around the player or any object seen afront the sea...Any seetings?

-The best would be to generate runtime foam noise around he object in water, is there such a setting?i have a simple water shader in cartoon colors2 by JMO that does that! is it possible?

btw, the moon reflection on the sea plane is very impressive!!!;);)
    cheers

18. eaque

eaque

IS there a discord channel for RAM?:)

19. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Its distortion.
    You could play with foam settings and setup such foam around objects. We set it very light, but it's matter of user goal:)

We rather prefer forums or e-mails but you could often find us at this channel:
    https://discord.gg/CuMCwQ

eaque likes this.
  20. eaque

eaque

Many thanks for your prompt reply.
    So if i can get those settings work properly, i think it will be my favorite sea shader ever!! 0 perf cost!!!

21. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

We are going to upgrade this direction even more aswell. Next update will suprice you:)

eaque, Mark_01 and John-G like this.
  22. Rowlan

Rowlan

When did you add the swamp scene? It looks amazing. I totally missed that, you didn't advertise it enough :D

NatureManufacture and Mark_01 like this.
  23. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

In last update.
    Btw in next there will be something epic which was suggested by user:) a big suprice. I think your dragon will like it;):)

Btw today we updated our trees:
    HD SRP
    LW SRP
    new wind etc
    https://gyazo.com/ca18df17342c6c054634f7f542a68176

Mark_01 and Rowlan like this.
  24. Artomiano

Artomiano

What are the differences between "Landscape Ground Pack" 1 and 2? Apart from the amount of content. Do I need to buy both assets to get "more" textures or will I get double textures in case of buying both assets?

25. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

They are different sets of textures.

26. Artomiano

Artomiano

Thanks. I'm afraid I'm buying too many assets right now. <joke>I need vouchers!</joke> :D
    I'm looking at your Foliage Pack and Rocks and Mountain Tree Dyn... uh... these assets are so good... no.... yes, buy it... no, you have too much. Yes, buy it... no... :confused:o_O

27. eaque

eaque

is the sea plane supposed to be scaled with high values like 10 000/10 000?
    i suppose the update surprise is dealing with lava or fire...??;):p:D

28. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

This 2 assets will be updated in same time every time. it's because of spline system that they share.
    We get many cool ideas from users and we will simply give them example scenes and objects. Like always they suprice us:)

29. eaque

eaque

is the sea plane supposed to be scaled with high values like 20 000/20 000?;)

30. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Depends from grid resolution. If you use tesselation then you have to keep pretty equal solid grid. if without tess you could do what do you want:D

31. thunderdawn

thunderdawn

Hi! Is it possible to use R.A.M. to create waterworks inside a building instead of a terrain-based location?

I don’t need classic swimming pool shaders which one would normally use because the concept is a fantasy location. As if there are streams and waterfalls inside of a huge temple. The water should be moving, running and not just “flat” but flowing down the stairs, etc.

I really liked the demo video with the small river in the woods, it’s very expressive, exactly what I wanted, and also the vertex paint thing..

32. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Yes
    a) you could snap it to mesh but you know... mesh to mesh is not always give good result (depends from both meshes density)
    b) simply you could drag and drop our material into any mesh because it works on our spline but also on every mesh:). So coppy stair mesh where you want the water and drag and drop our material on it.

Mark_01 likes this.
  33. Quique-Martinez

Quique-Martinez

Is it possible to animate the individual spline points? I'm thinking on a small oscillationon the cascades simulating blows on water surface.
    Is it possible to make the material fade and keep only particles? See 2:20

34. dousi96

dousi96

Hi,
    I'm working on a simulation for the university of Bologna (Italy) in order to re-create a simple river that flows at a certain speed.
    The river should have "particles" and other impurities inside the flow and over the surface that moves at the same speed and a similar way as the flow of the river in each point.
    Can I implement this with R.A.M.?
    I think (It will be amazing ;) ) that you dont have integrated "particles" interaction system, but can i retrive the vectors of the flowmap in order to move the objects over/inside the river?

Thank you so much!

35. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

If you dig into our scripts - they are clean and made by very experianced coder so try it. You could place points in realtime by own code so you could also move them. Anyway we have other ideas for such waves - please wait 2-3 weeks for update and we will make this ok:)?

After update. We have this on roadmaps but we dont wan't to place particles automaticly yet not in this update.

dousi96 likes this.
  36. dousi96

dousi96

Oh this is fantastic!
    There's any ETA for this feature?
    Can i implement this right now making each particles following the flow of the flowmap?

37. Quique-Martinez

Quique-Martinez

Thanks! I made some interesting experiments with skinned meshes

38. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Yeah you always could put in on mesh as it works on every mesh and animate it :) with proper animation you could achive alot - btw cool idea!! Animate mesh and mesh normals :)

39. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Before or after unity unite. Probably after. We will have booth at Berlin and we have to prepare for show :)

Most things for update is done so there is chance for update in 2 weeks anyway.

40. Necka_

Necka_

Could you give us a sneak peak at what will be in the next update?

Will Stylised water in this next update?

41. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Yes we already made stylised material.
    https://gyazo.com/d37220c828d8d954d5ef2b90f231f992
    Just preview. It will look much better on river - its tech test on box.
    Rest info is at 1st post about updates + like always we will add some cool hidden feature :) this time will be really epic;)

Mark_01 likes this.
  42. Keaneo

Keaneo

43. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

44. Deleted User

Deleted User

Does RAM support HD SRP?

45. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Not yet. Hd srp dont have terrain system etc.its in early preview

46. PeteskiCamarginy

PeteskiCamarginy

Hiya, Just purchased the RAM tool, in the notes is says 1.4.01 New tutorial video, where can I find this please?
    Many thanks

47. weasel47

weasel47

So I just found out about this asset a few hours ago while searching for "waterfall" in the asset store and it looked very useful. Now the asset store is showing it as "No longer available!"
    Is this just a temporary thing? Is RAM coming back?

48. jangomoose

jangomoose

Hmm something squiffy going on, it is not showing up in my downloads page sorted by publisher let alone on the asset store.

49. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Hi
    Ok so there is the story (don't worry assets will back:) asap )

1). We used small part of free to use tutorial (2-3 lines) in our code (math basics) with licence:
    "Do whatever you want with the code, but I'd appreciate credit."
    In compare to huuuge system.

2.) Unity get info from author that we used this stuff etc etc (licence is free ? lol)
    Anyway no problem lets check deeper. Unity get false mail because we talked with tutorial author and he said he is ok and he didnt mark anything and it wasn't him.

3.) Someone is very keen on disabling our packages. Last time somone raported pack which was based on unity HD SRP wind which we were alowed to use and converted from higher unity versions (we co-op and share result with unity).
    Result was that we had call with head of asset store and we solve problem together in 48h. Anyway they were supriced and we add some licence notes from unity.

Don't worry asset will back soon and the person who wrote the false email will suffer the consequences.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    AdamGoodrich, Mark_01, Necka_ and 2 others like this.
  50. snoops3d

snoops3d

• This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors.
    Hello NatureManufacture!
    So far I Love this plugin, but I have run into one issue, I could be doing something wrong or it could be a bug. When I vertex paint alpha along the edges of my river it appears to be 100 percent transparent everything and working as intended, but when I drag a spot light across the transparent part of the river you clearly see the river material and the river plane geometry edge see images below. Is there something Im doing wrong? or is this a bug?

Thank you for your help, its appreciated!!

River Transparency working as intended

river auto material issue with spot light A.JPG

Transparency issue when light hits it.
    river auto material issue with spot light B.JPG