Search Unity

[Released] R.A.M River Auto Material.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NatureManufacture, Oct 13, 2017.

1. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

river.jpg
    3jpg.jpg

OLD R.A.M support unity:
    - Unity 5.6
    - Unity 2017
    - Unity 2018
    - Unity 2018 LW SRP
    - Unity new terrain system support 2018.3+

NEW R.A.M 2019 support unity:
    - Unity 2018.3+
    - Unity 2019 +
    - Unity 2018.3 HD RP 4.9
    - Unity 2019.1 LW RP 5.7+
    - Unity 2019.1 HD RP 5.7
    - Unity 2019.2 LW RP 6.9.0+
    - Unity 2019.2 HD RP 6.9.0
    - Unity 2019.3 URP 7.18+
    - Unity 2019.3 HD RP 7.18+
    - DOTS support at 2019.3 HD and URP+
    - SRP Batcher support at 2019.3 HD and URP+
    - New Unity Terrain 2018.3+ support
    - For lower engine versions please use our old R.A.M

R.A.M 2019 is new rebuilt and extended version of R.A.M which is on the market around 2 years Pack gives you ability to create very advanced river and lakes with flowmap, river bed shapes and textures on it automatically. Shader generates few cascade / waterfalls type by slope of the mesh. You simply drag and drop river material into mesh or you could create it by our advanced spline tool with profiles system and a river, lake, stream, road is done. Simulate option, will generate whole river from 1 point, it will analise shapes, colliders and create most accurate river shape. Our script and shaders allows automatic wetness when object hit the spline or lake surface even at runtime - wet ship or car which moves over the lake, sea, river. Spline tool could create even road, dirty roads - check our image examples and video where we also use it as road. With all sliders and options you have full control on every river stage, you could control: specular, smoothness, speed, normal strength, tessellation strength, foam texture, shallowness, deep color, water depth, cascades and waterfalls and much much more. You could locally customize river, lake or blend with other water systems by our vertex paint tool. With flowmap painter and system you could simply change local river direction to avoid stones etc. The river stream could work in every direction U, -U or V, -V of mesh UV map. Advanced river tool gives ability to connect/disconnect multiple rivers/lakes/sea in 1 place. Shader could generate styled or realistic rivers, swamps, all depends on user setup – pack contain many examples. Reflections come from reflection probes. Asset contains HQ ground textures with perfect height blend, best in use for our CTS terrain shader or unity default HD RP heigblend aswell. Particles and road textures are also included Pack is also suitable as fountain shading and it support floating island structures. Object flowmap and vertex color painter allows to create floating islands with waterfalls and correct water movment. API will help you to create whole river at runtime in your game,specialy with simulation tool.

Pack is compatible with vegetation studo and vegetation studio pro. It will mask foliage or create whole environment around river via biomes.

Asset Store link: R.A.M 2019 - River Auto Material 2019
    Asset Store link: R.A.M - River Auto Material

Pack co-op with lava solution based on same spline system (lern one system to rule them all):

Asset Store link: L.V.E - Lava & Volcano Environment 2019
    Asset Store link: L.V.E - Lava & Volcano Environment

Demo scene from video need additional assets everything is included in Youtube video description. Like always we share our demo so you could run it if you have all or most assets. Download link is in Youtube video description.

RAM 2019 PACK FEATURES:

# 1 River spline, lake and tools:
    • create very advanced connected river networks (lakes,sea,rivers,swamps,);
    • customize your river / lake via vertex paint;
    • automatic flowmap with noises;
    • change local river /lake direction or customize flow by manual flowmap painter;
    • blend your river /lake with any other waters like AQUAS or our lakes, sea;
    • physics simulation for objects that flow on water sruface;
    • simulate river tool, setup 1 point and R.A.M will analise space to create river;
    • scale, move, rotate any river / lake point;
    • snap/unsap into the terrain or models in all or separated points also via model layers;
    • change river / lake shape per point or in all points to create best looking road or river;
    • change triangle amount and distribut them in spline space to get cheapes and best looking spline;
    • create fabalous waterfalls, slow, fast river, lake, swamp area;
    • rotate, invert uv to make compatibility with every texture direction;
    • profile system - save your river / road / swamp / lake setup and create new river / lake in few seconds;
    • automatic river network refreshing system to avoid river connections problems;
    • automatic flowmap for river and lake with noises generation, controlled by curves ;
    • terrain shaping tool with future shape visualisation;
    • terrain painting tool;
    • automatic object wetness with our shader, when it hit our rive even at runtime;
    • API for runtime generation;
    • CSV points import option;
    • Vegetation Studio support;
    • Vegetation Studio PRO support;
    • streaming friendly - cut your river into submeshes;
    • new unity terrain 2018.3+ support;
    • HD and LW RP support;
    • Multiple Terrains support;
    • SRP Batcher and DOTS support at 2019.3 HD and URP;

# 2 Shaders and material features :
    • totaly cheap in render it will even run on VR or mobile;
    • tesselation support;
    • vertex paint support;
    • stylized water shader and materials variants;
    • flowmap support;
    • swamp shader variants;
    • mobile shaders for sea, swamp, river;
    • simple sea or lake material;
    • river shaders could rotate UV from U/-U into V/-V directionsl;
    • river works on linear and gamma rendering ( (you only need to change in gamma falloff slider and color of noises, watefalls);
    • wet shader;
    • wet with moss shader;
    • wet at runtime support ;
    • floating island support ;
    • stylized shaders with examples;
    • instanced indirect with VS support;

# 3 Artistic addons:
    • 47 (8 sets) HQ ground textures (Albedo, Normal, AO, Height) for river and its borders;
    • set of river textures (foam, normals, cascades);
    • set of stylized textures (foam, normals, cascades);
    • set of river/lake textures for swamp ;
    • PBR and NON-PBR particle effect sets;
    • example road material with HQ textures;
    • example photoscanned rock;
    • floating island mesh with UV Free shader;
    • 2 galaxy skybox for floating Island demo;
    • demo scenes available at youtube movie descriptions - free to download you can run it with all or most asstes which it use

# 4 Additional compatibility:

We are totaly open for suggestions and your needs/feedback like always:)!

Changelog between old R.A.M and R.A.M 2019

• total shaders rebuild:
      • water micro-waves added
      • water makro-waves added
      • better normals manage
      • upgraded noises
      • fully scalable in size / tiling
      • older mobiles support - grabpass screen switch
      • single pass vr support
      • foam algorithm upgrade now it get realistic noise
      • more transparent material UI
      • reduced number of shaders, all of them now support flowmap and vertex color
      • added realistic water translucency (waves tops are brighter)
      • more realistic tesselation system
    • reatime object wetness added
    • water physics added, you can even make object flow on water surface and make it wet at realtime
    • lake get own panel added with : simulation, terrain carve and paint, profiles etc
    • ram now paint and carve outside splines and lakes
    • LW 5,7, HD 5.7 HD 4,9 support added
    • extended profile system
    • extended terrain painting and carve system
    • added foliage remove from river bed system
    • new demo scene
    • new 1h tutorial about system (we will spread it to multiple shorter tutorials in the future)
    • new demo scene for vegetation studio pro
    • new stylized shader it was totally rebuilt - new water normal textures
    • new lighting and options for river and lakes
    • added mesh spliting in chosen points into 2 different splines
    How to upgrade?

1. remove old ram (do not save any scene!)
    2. import new ram
    3. it should work, you only have to re-aply new materials because we totaly rebuild shaders and old will not work
    RIVER_01.jpg
    RIVER_03.jpg jpg1.jpg

Here are few videos that will help you to check what is this about:
    Render:
    SHOWCASE VIDEO (demo files available to download in youtube description)

TUTORIAL (Also helpfull for old R.A.M)

OLD R.A.M fountain support
    Asset Store link - Park Photo Scanned Assets

OLD R.A.M frozen land tutorial (new support it aswell).
    (demo files available to download in youtube description)

Visit us:

Facebook
    Twitter
    Our website - naturemanufacture.com
    Discord - support

You could also look at our other packs:

Unity Tools:
    River Auto Material 2019 - create fabalous river in few seconds, (ground textures included)

River Auto Material - create fabalous river in few seconds, (ground textures included)
    Lava & Volcano Envrionment 2019- create fabalous lava enviro, volcano, river, cave.
    Lava & Volcano Envrionment - create fabalous lava enviro, volcano, river, cave.
    World Streamer - optimise your game, stream data and remove memory, cpu, gpu usage, create endless looped world. Reduce loading times.
    Terrain Stitcher Tools - connect multiple terrains, remove holes in 1 button click. Options will help you to handle any shape connections. Easy and fast border stitching.
    Multiple Terrain Brush - work at multiple terrains as they become one, without any borders and holes

Terrain Shading:
    CTS terrain shader 2019- AAA terrain render and textures made with Adam Goodrich, 1 pass (less drawcalls then unity terrain), snow,water auto cover. Totaly easy in use.
    CTS terrain shader - AAA terrain render and textures made with Adam Goodrich, 1 pass (less drawcalls then unity terrain), snow,water auto cover. Totaly easy in use.

Environment:
    Forest Environment - Dynamic Nature -
    huge library of trees, rocks, grass, branches, slopes, best artistic content winner at unity awards 2019.
    Meadow Environment - Dynamic Nature - huge library of trees, rocks, grass, flowers
    Mountain Tree Pack - Dynamic Nature - HQ optimised tree pack. Cheap in render and gives fabalous render result.
    Ice World - ice shaders for water and models with huge ice textures library
    PBR Graveyard Pack - really huge library of PBR cemetery sculpted and scanned models with foliage. You will find monastery, interiors, graveyards, nature, walls
    Advanced Rock Pack - auto-covered rocks which you could easly blend with unity terrain. Big library of HQ ground textures included.
    Advanced Foliage Pack - huge library of foliage (grass, roots, trunks) with ground textures. Vegetation studio supported.
    Photo Scanned Park Assets - photoscanned and optimised park models like fountains, statues, bench, laterns, stairs and fences. Best LOD's in the planet :D
    Dynamic Nature Starter - library of rocks, trees ground textures and shaders which could be autcovered by snow at runtime.
    Winter Mountains and Stamps - group of background mountains and stamps for gaia and new unity terrain 2018.3+
    Realistic Grass Pack - pretty old grass (billboard) texture library
    Realistic Tree Pack - pretty old big library of trees, optimised and cheap in render
    Mountain Tree Pack - pretty old group of mountain trees, optimised and cheap in render.

Ground Textures:
    Winter Ground Pack - library of winter ground textures like rocks, snow, paths , grass etc
    Landscape Ground Pack - big library of ground/forest textures
    Landscape Ground Pack 2- big library of ground textures

VR & FP Models:
    VR Hands FP Arms - pack of hands and arms models with fabalous skin shader. Mobile and standalone versions.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  2. mkgame

mkgame

Looks good, finally we have a river solution for Unity. It looks like AQUAS, PlayWay Water System and RAM can fulfill the water solution for the Unity game engine.

I guess the much more mature terrain shader MegaSplat and MicroSplat are also supported.

Can we also branch the river?

3. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

- Our river could connect with other water solution so you will have sea and rivers:).
    - Textures fit every terrain system. They will look best on cts as it's our cts terrain shader focused.
    - In few upcomming next versions we have that in plans but we are shader and it's variants focused mostly. Anyway even now you could blend few rivers together by few smart tricks.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    RobsonFMaciel likes this.
  4. unicat

unicat

Looks fantastic, going to buy :)

5. wwg

wwg

@NatureManufacture this looks great...nice work!

I know this is a subjective question, but in general, how is the performance on mid-level PC? Any major impact on CPU and/or FPS?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  6. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Its totaly cheap:) specialy when whole river have 1-3k tri max. Everything depends from user too.

Anyway everyone should check wireframe and check number of tri at tesselation. Just use as much you need even if its cheap.

RobsonFMaciel and Mark_01 like this.
  7. wwg

wwg

Great news! I'll probably buy this soon.

An assortment of splash/spray/mist effects would be a very nice bonus - to be used around waterfalls, rocks, etc.

8. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Sure you will get it:)

9. Mark_T

Mark_T

What do you mean by that?

10. elbows

elbows

Looks nice so I just purchased it, though I won't have time to try it properly today.

I hope its not rude of me to report a spelling error in the inspector - Shallow should have 2 l's.

11. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

When water have small slope and you will put few stones etc it will be invisible. Also when whater is not deep its easy to mask this.

12. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

No problem :) will fix that. Atm we rebuild ui and add new features:)

Mark_01 and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  13. Mark_T

Mark_T

mkgame was asking about branching a river.

14. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

I know and I said that you could do this by 2 splines with masking uv problems by models and small river slope. It will not going to be perfect but in most games they deal it like that. Anyway its on our roadmap.

ftejada likes this.
  15. gecko

gecko

I'm so excited to use this....but apparently it doesn't work with Mac Metal. See screenshot. That's with both the Tesselated and non-Tess shaders. Unfortunately, Mac Metal doesn't support tesselation, but the river looks great even without it (as I can see with Metal Editor disabled).

Is it possible to do a shader that'll work on Mac Metal?

river on Mac metal.png

16. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Just picked this up! Good timing getting it to the asset store just before pay day.. lol Looking forward to playing with it later this weekend and next week with some betas I'm working with! I want to play now but need to get some other stuff done.. Must... maintain... focus... lol

I'll rate and review as soon as I get a chance to dig into it!

coverpage likes this.
  17. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

I dont have such divice to test it but.... catch me at skype and we could try from monday play with it;)

18. magique

magique

I see that this advertises a tessellated river shader. Does that mean this requires a GPU/SM that supports tessellation?

19. Migueljb

Migueljb

Do you know if this runs in unity version 5.5.0?

20. Jaimi

Jaimi

Does this generate and use a flow map?

21. lawsochi

lawsochi

exactly what I was looking for ... long and unsuccessfully)) as always, bravo!
    please make a video as the river flows into the lake. I think everyone will be interested. Thank you.

P.S. and, have you thought about doing AI? ;)))

22. ftejada

ftejada

hi @NatureManufacture !!!

I'm interested in this asset, but I have a question about performance.

Before you have been asked if you had an impact on the CPU.

But while it is somewhat ambiguous, what impact does it have on the GPU in performance?

Shaders + Tessellation usually = GPU kneeling as soon as you fill the world a little or even without filling it

I do not know if I explain myself

regards

23. deraggi

deraggi

Hi, the screenshots look fantastic.

Does this support Single Pass Stereo Rendering for VR? Many water solution don’t support it unfortunately.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  24. mirts

mirts

Looks really interesting! Is it compatible with mobile and XBOX One and Mobile?

25. ranaUK

ranaUK

I did a quick run with vive without any issues; there is no reflection I could find - speed wise, it runs faster than two other water assets I have.

S4G4N likes this.
  26. ranaUK

ranaUK

Hi @NatureManufacture ,

Couple of quick questions.
    1) how do I change width at specific node. I tried edit spline, select node, and trying change width with no luck.
    2) I replaced one of my existing scene waterfall particles with ram. Now the part where waterfall flows into my river - waves do not blend. How to handle it?
    3) I missed any reflection references. Your thoughts?

Thanks.

27. Hitch42

Hitch42

Like others, I've been waiting for a river asset like this for some time now. I'm also wondering about flow maps and how customizable they might be. Would it be possible to "paint" flow maps, like in this example?

PeterB, Magic73, Rowlan and 2 others like this.
  28. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Hi!
    Thanks everyone for the interest! Im switching to new pc's which our company gets from cooler masters company:) (they suport us) so until monday im a bit frozen anyway lets answer this:). We convert tons of project unity/unreal etc atm

I've made fountain yesterday :p with it. Ai? Naah:p I will show fountain at upcomming park scanned assets.
    https://gyazo.com/af1405e6d1ade1f8eafaccf0b1604c65

You could setup how.much verts you need on river and do not setup too much. Shaderlooks better in my opinion with low verts usage. As you will generate more or less dens
    Non tesseled will work, tesseled will have error.
    Nope, flow is by uv mesh direction.
    Should work but tesselation at mobile probably will have problem.
    Sure hmm i will try to show more tricks in monday video:) i hope i will publish new version in monday.
    Reflections? Add reflection probe - realtime (if you have light changes) 64pix low range just for river the same for image catch. We used them at movie like that. Trust me you don't need more even at forest;) Just show few screens i will try to give a tips.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    runningbird likes this.
  29. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

We have many of this in mind. Anyway unreal have vert pain inside so it give ability to make much more features... I could suport this and much more but..... but... somone will have to buy vert paint ;/ or export mesh (available in 1.1) and paint it yourself in 3d software

30. Hitch42

Hitch42

That's understandable. That option would be very useful, though, even if it did involve needing Vertex Tools or such.

ftejada likes this.
  31. f1ac

f1ac

Is it possible to add refraction to the material? Would be much more realistic looking.

TalkieTalkie likes this.
  32. trilobyteme

trilobyteme

Does it have or is it possible to have depth masking? That is, some sort of way to do a cutout for a boat hull so the inside of the ship doesn't have water in it.

33. wwg

wwg

I bought this asset today and within about 10 minutes had a stream flowing from a mountain lake into the ocean (both Aquas). Super easy to use and works perfectly! Very nice work NatureManufacture!

34. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Screens:)
    As texture is tilled and uv is world maped too how it should work? ofc i could do this in few ways i will try.

35. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

I will add;)

runningbird, ftejada and Hitch42 like this.
  36. ranaUK

ranaUK

Hi @NatureManufacture ,

Couple of quick questions.
    1) how do I change width at specific node. I tried edit spline, select node, and trying change width with no luck.
    2) I replaced one of my existing scene waterfall particles with ram. Now the part where waterfall flows into my river - waves do not blend. How to handle it?

Thanks.

37. mirts

mirts

I bought the asset. Very easy to use! I don't get any realtime shadows on it though. The water runs under a bridge which should cast a shadow on the river. Or it runs in a canyon which is in the shadows. Am I missing something? Should shadows work on this shader?

38. trilobyteme

trilobyteme

I'm not sure how it's done. I see that Suimono has it, and so does Playway/Ultimate Water System. I would guess it's through some kind of object that gets added to the boat (or whatever is being masked), so that when it moves the cutout moves with it.

NatureManufacture likes this.
  39. wwg

wwg

ram_lake1.png
    Image of water flowing out of a mountain lake. I lowered the spline starting node slightly below the lake surface and then raised the second spline node slightly above the lake surface. In some lighting conditions I do see a faint line, but it's hardly noticeable and could be completely hidden by placing some rocks at the seam.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  40. lawsochi

lawsochi

Thanks for the screen wwg, really simple trick)

Just a stupid idea :oops:, maybe, as option for the first and last spline of the river, add a gradient of transparency from 100% to 0%, which will visually mix several different objects? if it helps and is not technically difficult...

runningbird likes this.
  41. runningbird

runningbird

Just purchased looks awesome can't wait to play with a new tool :)

42. runningbird

runningbird

works excellent as a road system as well

43. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

I have an idea how to do this but i must talk with the team

Mark_01 and runningbird like this.
  44. wwg

wwg

Some more feature ideas (which you probably have already thought of) :):
    1. Automatically "carve" out the river channel below the spline. Use some noise function to give it some natural looking irregularities (e.g. width, depths, bumps).
    2. Ability to automatically texture the river bed with a blend of textures (e.g. stream bed, pebbles, sand, etc.)
    3. Automatically place a selection of prefabs along the river bank (e.g. rocks, logs, etc.).
    4. Automatically move a river audio source along the spline to keep it near the player at runtime (there is a Volumetric Audio asset that does something like this, but I've never used it).

45. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

I will check:)

46. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I just bought this yesterday. These are all great suggestions!

47. RealAspireGames

RealAspireGames

Hello, I just purchased this asset and it seems the materials are invisible on import? Even in the demo scenes I can't see the water material. Can someone please help me with this?
    -Thank you

48. Hitch42

Hitch42

I don't know if these things are outside the scope of this asset. If they are, I'd gladly purchase an add-on to Gaia/Gena that generated rivers like this.

49. RealAspireGames

RealAspireGames

Ignore my last post, I seemed to have gotten it working now. Great looking rivers!! :D

club1med likes this.
  50. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

I've upgraded roadmap.
    1. You will get vert tool to play with river.
    2. We are focused on shader and river. Auto paint it's rather terrain system like Senteri
    3.Gena/Gaia/Awsome Vegetation Studio or other cool stuff. We used Gena in our demo.
    4.Audio and reflection probe could be ok from our perspective.