Search Unity

[RELEASED] PuzzleSystem - free, open-source

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by romatallinn, Mar 20, 2019.

1. romatallinn

romatallinn

The project went open-source! You can find it available on Github!

Hi everyone,

I am currently working on my first Unity Asset. It is a system that allows you to create common, but yet customisable, puzzles for your projects.

So far the asset includes:

• Editor Utility -- create systems quickly with an easy-to-use tool; select wanted components, press "Create" and get a working puzzle.

• A few different types of puzzle logics:
      • In Order -- you have a few different triggers, you must activate them in a specific order.
      • Simultaneous -- keep all triggers activated simultaneously.
      • Simultaneous Delayed -- keep all triggers activated simultaneously (as you activate the triggers, they will reset automatically after some delay).

• A various types of triggers:
      • Default -- for activation from within your own custom code
      • Collider based triggers:
        • On Trigger Enter/-Exit
        • On Key Up/-Down
        • On Mouse Click
        • On Trigger Stay (combination of Enter/Exit) *
        • On Key Hold *
        • On Mouse Hold *
    * - Variation of the delayed activation included (wait/hold for n seconds in order to activate the trigger).
    • Extra Assets
      • Components for "mirror" puzzles, where you need to lead the beam through the mirrors by rotating them (e.g., LineRenderer Beam incl. its reflection functionality).
      • TimerForSolving -- solve the given puzzle within a specified period of time.
    The assets are easy to extend/inherit from, for creating more complex and thoughtful puzzle logics.

You can combine different types of triggers and logics together for more diverse experience.

So, I was wondering if somebody has any ideas what other puzzle logics are commonly met in the games that I can add? Or maybe you have any ideas on what else to implement in such an asset?

I really need your help in order to create a quality asset!

You can read more about it in the DOCUMENTATION. It is much more full than what I have described here.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    konsic likes this.
  2. romatallinn

romatallinn