Search Unity

[RELEASED] Puzzle Game Templates

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by puppeteer, Aug 11, 2016.

?

Are you interested in this series of puzzle games? What types of games would you like?

1. I'm interested in these types of templates.

35 vote(s)
    67.3%
  2. Not interested at all.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'd like to see a "Scrambled Word" game

10 vote(s)
    19.2%
  4. I'd like to see a "Find The Difference" game

15 vote(s)
    28.8%
  5. I'd like to see a "Sliding Puzzle" game

14 vote(s)
    26.9%
  6. I'd like to see some other type of puzzle game ( please share your suggestion in the thread )

15 vote(s)
    28.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. puppeteer

puppeteer

I hadn't forgotten about that, it's in the list, though it's turning out to be a bit trickier than the others, especially setting up levels and difference points. I'll finish it eventually.

Artomiano likes this.
  2. puppeteer

puppeteer

Scrambled Image Game update 1.05 is live on the store, check it out:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/108679

1.05 (23.04.2018)

- Added more options to the gamecontroller: You can set the grid size increase with each level, the delay time after an image is solved, and the option to reset the timer after a level.

Screenshot03.jpg

3. puppeteer

puppeteer

Odd One Out puzzle game template coming soon to the Unity Asset Store:

4. Artomiano

Artomiano

It seems, this could be a good basis for the "find the difference" game. What do you think? ;)

puppeteer likes this.
  5. puppeteer

puppeteer

Find the difference is much more complex than this one, I would've finished it long ago if it was that simple.
    But don't lose hope, I will make it I promise.

6. Artomiano

Artomiano

I have heard THAT! :p

puppeteer likes this.
  7. puppeteer

puppeteer

Odd One Out puzzle game is live on the store:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/117203?aid=1011lGiL

This is a full Unity template that gives you a quick and easy way to create an odd-one-out game, along with a timer, levels, varying bonuses, and some nice audio-visual feedback. Find the single object that is different from the rest and click it!

Coded in C#

Features:
    - Perfect for educators who want to give their students a fun learning experience.
    - Game ready for release straight out of the box, just build and play!
    - Works on all platforms, PC, Mac, iOS, Android, etc
    - Supports multiple resolutions and aspect ratios, automatically.
    - Supports Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad, and Touch controls.
    - Easily customizable with lots of options to control game difficulty.
    - Includes UnityAds support with integration guide.

8. Artomiano

Artomiano

Hi puppy,

could you imagine to create a game template for an endless runner game like "subway surfers" or "temple run" - including ingame shop and highscore system? I like your work. ;) In most cases the used objects can easily changed in your assets. So I hope - in case of endless runner game - it's easy to integrate own low poly assets for own worlds...

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    puppeteer likes this.
  9. puppeteer

puppeteer

I see many nice subway surfers style templates on the store, I'm a bit reluctant to go head to head with those. Did you try any of them? How difficult are they to reskin, compared to my templates?

10. Artomiano

Artomiano

You have PM.

puppeteer likes this.
  11. puppeteer

puppeteer

UnitySora likes this.
  12. JULIANA96

JULIANA96

Hello,is in unity can make word syllable games? ex.pan +da = panda

puppeteer likes this.
  13. puppeteer

puppeteer

Do you mean something like this for example?

SWGSyllables.gif

14. waverz

waverz

Hi,
    for the Matching Game Template, How can I add more time if the answers are correct because the rounds finished quickly and the time finish too so no way to have more bonus time and continue the game.
    Also I suggest decrease the timing over time so let's say time starts at 50 seconds then overtime it will become 49 sec then 48, 47, 46 etc so with more shapes and more time to play will keep the player have more fun to play the game.

Thanks!

puppeteer likes this.
  15. puppeteer

puppeteer

Take this update GameController script and import it into your project, it should give you a way to add bonus time after passing each round. You can set the value from the gamecontroller in each scene so you can have scenes that are easier or harder based on the value you set.

Attached Files:

waverz likes this.
  16. puppeteer

puppeteer

Added new update for Two of a Kind :
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/111432

Update 1.10 (21.10.2018)

- Added option to play a sound from the Resources folder based on the name of the image for each card. Simply put sounds with the same names as the cards inside the Resources folder.

44291565_2258051884428328_8814247110233817088_n.png

17. puppeteer

puppeteer

Added new update for Find the Object ( Version 2.0 of Hidden Object Game ):
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/slug/130046

Update 1.05 (21.10.2018)

- Show text of hidden object beside the icon and number of hidden objects.
    - Old version of Hidden Object Game Template also included in package.

upload_2018-10-25_12-40-21.png

18. MonoProDev

MonoProDev

this is almost what I need, it would be great that instead of touching the image with its corresponding name, you have to drag the image to the silhouette that corresponds to it, how hard would it be to change it to work that way ?, I would buy it without think about it

Artomiano likes this.
  19. puppeteer

puppeteer

It could be tricky but I have to think about it. I think the main problem is to make it work for dragging with mouse/touch, while keeping the gamepad/keyboard controls also working.

20. Redajy

Redajy

Hi there. i have bought matching game template and it works fine ... i wanted to change the sounds pairs i tried to replace the wav sound files with my wav sound but it didn't work ... can you help me with this issue ...

21. rafeeqsir8

rafeeqsir8

Hello sir I would like to buy it ....I just want to know is .... is this game support android admob ? can I use it on android phones ?

puppeteer likes this.
  22. UnitySora

UnitySora

I am previous buyer. To answer your question, you can put Admob inside yourself, and it supports both Android and iOS.

puppeteer likes this.
  23. puppeteer

puppeteer

24. BBET

BBET

Hi Puppy,
    I have bought the scrambled image asset. Can you help me with some extensions?

I would need to trigger it from another scene/game part and include it as mini game.
    I need to change the following:
    - Energy level that is managed from another game part. Each scrambled image will cost energy, energy is generated every minute ( I assume this will be primary done from outside).
    - I would like to call the scrambled image game with a pool of images every time that should be solved in this step (e.g. 5 images need to be solved in this stage, random selection out of a bigger pool of 4 images, where 1 defined image must be part of those 5). So I need random selection and also 1 image that depends on the stage of the other game part.
    - Difficulty (number of puzzle parts) need to be defined form the other game part (depending on level increasing difficulty)
    - Scoring based on total time needed for solving those 5 images.
    - Hints, if somebody can not solve the image (e.g. one part that is not solved now - should be moved on the right place) or at least possibility to skip an image if you cannot solve it (hint system preferred).
    - The score needs to be provided for the other game part (I assume that should be easy).

By the way, are you still thinking about finalizing the "spot the difference" asset?
    I would also be very interested in that :)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  25. BBET

BBET

Hi Puppy,
    I have seen you are asking, in which puzzles games we are interested. I would like to buy a high quality Nonogram asset. There is currently only one in asset store, but it is implemented rather basic and needs a lot of ad-on work to publish it.
    For me - it would be important that it is a finalised (mini-)game with high usability you can easily integrate in a bigger game ("control it form outside"). Same requirements as I have mentioned above for the scrambled image asset.
    Looking forward to your feedback!

26. UnitySora

UnitySora

Did you purchased any of the puzzle games sold by puppeteer? They are all actually very similar in term of usability / ease of integration.

I would suggest you to buy one if you didn't yet, because it wasn't expensive at all. And most importantly, easy to change or not also highly relies on developer's skill. I think it wasn't difficult if you got experience on coding, but very difficult if you are just learning unity.

27. BBET

BBET

Thanks UnitySora! Based on you feedback I have bought the scrambled image asset.

puppeteer likes this.
  28. Azimuthph

Azimuthph

Hope you can add admob ads. And also please create a sliding puzzle game. Thanks

puppeteer likes this.
  29. vgdirect

vgdirect

You have some very nice game templates that I'm interested in. Just one question, can they be compiled into WebGL?

puppeteer likes this.
  30. puppeteer

puppeteer

Very late reply, but the answer is yes they can be compiled to WebGL. Here's an example from one of the heavier templates I have ( 3D rails shooter ):

https://majdabdulqadir.itch.io/on-rails-shooter-system-demo

31. puppeteer

puppeteer

Very very late reply, but here goes. About AdMob, I've never worked with it so I can't help on that front. I've only made UnityAds examples for my templates, such as this:

32. CherryEngine

CherryEngine

Hi puppeteer - great assets but before I buy I have some questions.
    Is it possible to use in Scrambled Word Game instead of Letters - different pictures?
    For example, sort something with colour etc? - in my case, you need to sort colours of the rainbow
    Or maybe I can use it for that Scrambled Image Game - but in that case, is it possible to create 1 raw with 7 columns?

puppeteer likes this.
  33. puppeteer

puppeteer

Posting this here in case others are interested in the same question. So in this case Scrambled Image Game would fit better for your purpose, such as the example below of a scrambled rainbow image:

34. puppeteer

puppeteer

An interesting question I got for Matching Game Template about how we can have a 1one-vs-multiple choices comparison.

It can't be done out of the box with this template, so it required some code modification to allow this type of functionality. Here's how it looks:

MGTMultiVsOne.gif

It has some limitations, so you can only compare one item in the group to multiple ones in the other group, but otherwise it works similar to the other modes in the template. You can set an array with any number of multi-side elements, and you can set the index of the correct answer.

upload_2021-8-1_9-36-29.png

If anyone else is interested in this type of mode, I might be able to integrate it into the package and add an update to support it too.

35. puppeteer

puppeteer

It appears the latest versions of UnityAds have alot of changes that don't fit with the guide vids I have, so I made an updated one that relates to UnityAds 3.7+

36. boorch

boorch

hey guys! I've found a bug in "Two of a Kind" template.

How to reproduce step by step:
    • Open TOKGameImage scene
    • Adjust TOKGameController to these: Endless Mode, Pairs Count 1, Pairs Increase 1, Pairs Maximum 12
    • (Optionally) Adjust your Grid Layout Group so it's possible to see 24 cards at once when needed
    • Reach Round 9, Observe Round 9 has 9 pairs (18 cards)
    • Finish Round 9 and reach Round 10
    • Observe Round 10 has only 2 pairs (4 cards) ?? (it should have 10 pairs)
    • Match those 2 pairs to finish Round 10
    • The next round is loaded with 11 pairs (as Round 11 normally should have) BUT it still says "Round 10" on the title of the level ??
    i realized even with different configs (pairs increase 2, pairs maximum 10 etc) something always gets broken at round 10.

any idea regarding how to fix this?

Attached Files:

• bug.gif
      bug.gif
      File size:
      1.8 MB
      Views:
    puppeteer likes this.
  37. puppeteer

puppeteer

This was a bit tricky, but it should work with this code

upload_2022-4-26_13-55-0.png

The original problem was that at some point we reach the end of the available images array, so we only have a couple of pairs to show. I tried to reset the index to make the level creator take images from the start of the array, but it caused multiple problems and was logically not working well.

So instead I just doubled the array of images when we reached the end, so you can keep getting more images from it without needing to reset a counter. It's not optimal but it should work.

Attached Files: