Search Unity

[RELEASED] PUN Rally

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by perick, Dec 1, 2015.

1. perick

perick

I think so, but why would you want to host it if not for having custom logic?

It'll be a LOT more expensive for you (you still need to pay photon if you intend to have more then 20CCU + hosting). Photon uses hosting in huge batches from IBM's softlayer (and maybe azure as well), so they have a nice pack-deal that makes their pricing killer.

Just take a look at Unity's own UNet relay service (5 to 10x more expensive than Photon for the same CCU).

Even for custom logic, Exit Games (Photon) is developing a way for you to implement and upload plugins to their cloud (photon server 4 already has this API), so you can benefit from custom server logic (plugins) and photon hosting (cheaper than your own).

# regarding the original project appearing more "in sync" than yours, it might be because of speeds involved (maybe your game runs faster cars, etc). Playing with the dead-reckoning, smoothing and physics timer helps indeed, but you'll still see it a bit.

2. Meltdown

Meltdown

I find Photon's cloud sorely lacking in its diversity of locations. They have one location (Eastern US) serving the entire continent of North America, which is in my opinion a really poor offering considering their business is in realtime games and latency is their biggest competitor, and we are talking about the second biggest gaming market in the world here.

And then you look across to the whole of Asia, with only one location in Japan, so countries on the eastern side of Asia would get high latency. China is the biggest market in gaming, yet it doesn't have its own dedicated location, India is an upcoming market, with a massive userbase as well, and their closest server would be Japan/Singapore.

Also there is no server offering in Africa whatsoever, and even though its a small market, my customers will be in Africa too.

I am specifically hosting my own servers with Amazon AWS so I can have a much wider spread of locations and give my user base the lowest latency possible. I will be starting off with 10 server locations. I am hosting with Amazon because they have the widest range of locations as well.

Why Photon Cloud has limited themselves to such few locations is really mind-boggling for me.

I have gotten good results adjusting the interpolation and prediction variables in NetworkCar, its still not perfect though, I will look at adjusting the physics timer, are you talking about the Fixed TimeStep? Are there any other configurations for Photon I could look at playing with? I tried increasing the send rate to 30 but it made little difference.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  3. perick

perick

Changind rates won't affect the latency, which is your enemy:
    - relation between latency and your car speed/accell;
    - changing Fixed Update rate (the one used for physics) won't help with remote cars (which are not simulated with physics);

Regarding hosting your own servers only for relaying, yes just follow the basic photon server install. You can have test instances for 20ccu without payment, so you can see how good you get with your latency.

I'd try to talk to Chris (Exit Games' CEO). He's pretty accessible and he might talk to you about the new server locations they have but that are not yet exposed publicly on the normal photon cloud. If you want to discuss something like this, and pricing for larger instalations, etc, please PM me and I can direct you to chris.

4. Rouslan-Vodenitcharov

Rouslan-Vodenitcharov

UPDATE 28.06.2016

The problem is due to the network car. It always comes with currentPosition = 5. I have two player as I said. In method UpdatePlayerPanel is SetCar (c) with index 4 (c.currentPosition - 1) into guis. Have found a solution with an additional method.
    Now the game is running without errors.
    Here is the solution:

private int adjustCurrentPosition(CarRaceControl c, List<CarPanelGUI> guis) {
    if (c.currentPosition > guis.Count) {
    while (c.currentPosition > guis.Count) {
    c.currentPosition = c.currentPosition - 1;
    }
    return c.currentPosition-1;
    } else {
    return c.currentPosition-1;
    }
    }

private void UpdatePlayerPanel (List<CarPanelGUI> guis) {
    foreach(CarRaceControl c in carControllers) {
    guis[adjustCurrentPosition(c, guis)].SetCar(c);
    }
    }

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  5. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

What is the current status of this asset? Are more videos coming? or is it complete with the 3? Thanks

6. perick

perick

no, I'm not done. I'm trying to find some spare time to finish the last two. You can ask any specific question as well.

7. CoMMoN86

CoMMoN86

good,
    How can you turn off the script with the help of a photon to make a version of the game offline with bots, ie, the person will have the option to play in the online version or single with bots is if the user will not have access to the Internet so that at least he could play with bots.

8. chrisabranch

chrisabranch

perick likes this.
  9. Sanyol1989

Sanyol1989

Hello,

We want to have option for players to connect to global multiplayer or create server locally and play with friends even if they are not connected to network.
    I saw that Photon Bolt have the ability for player to create local "server".

Is it possible to combine PUN with Photon Bolt ?

10. Stanchion

Stanchion

@Sanyol1989 Nope, they are different networking packages.

11. SYEDALIHASSAN

SYEDALIHASSAN

i want to connect database with this game so that user login and their username will store on database and also want to distribute coin between room players First winner receive 70% of the gameroom coinpool Second winner receive 15% of the gameroom coinpool Third winner receive 5% of the gameroom coinpool. please help any tutorial ?

12. Nadan

Nadan

Hi,

I'm getting this error:

Code (csharp):
    1. Assets/Scripts/MenuScripts/PUNMenu.cs(106,57): error CS0234:The type ornamespace name `ErrorCode'
    2. does not exist in the namespace `ExitGames.Client.Photon'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

13. perick

perick

Hi Nadan,

Can you tell me which Unity version you're running this at? And also tell me if you've updated PUN or the tutorial itself to latest versions?

14. Nadan

Nadan

15. mentolatux

mentolatux

i just buy you game and i have this error
    the games has imported with photon and i use unity 5.5
    please help me fast.

16. mentolatux

mentolatux

17. Goofy420

Goofy420

I can help you with that if you still need it. Give me a day or two and I'll get a unitypackage together.

NeoUnity likes this.
  18. mentolatux

mentolatux

where is tutorial to change car and assigned to race, how can i make to show more rooms to choose ?

19. UDN_30011711-3d42-4608-a55a-5bf3a3109e16

UDN_30011711-3d42-4608-a55a-5bf3a3109e16

I have purchased this package. I want to add custom authentication to it. I want to verify user using G+ and Facebook . Please help me for this.

20. Goofy420

Goofy420

I just finished a Lobby and SQL authentication for it. I can probably add G+ but I don't believe in the evil Facebook corporation, so I can't help you there.

p.s. if someone can help me getting VS Code to work with Unity 5.4 without having to open the folder, I'll get this uploaded tonight. For example, with Visual Studio 2013, I click an error in console, it opens VS and lands on the error line with a red squiggly line. VS Code only opens the editor but not the error line, and no red SquigglySense either, not unless I specifically open the containing folder of the csproj first.

21. UDN_30011711-3d42-4608-a55a-5bf3a3109e16

Hi @Goofy420 please share your scripts (and assets if needed) with me for SQL authentication. Please add G+ and share it.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    surajvimap likes this.
  22. Goofy420

Goofy420

Message me for the link. G+ requires 6 .dll's added to the project, so I'm not going to add that. I'll add Steam login instead.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  23. UDN_30011711-3d42-4608-a55a-5bf3a3109e16

Sorry for late response. Please give me links that can help me for G+ authentication.

24. amaltheia

amaltheia

Hi Perick,
    I don't understand one thing about how cars are synched.

In NetworkCar.cs it looks like you are synching both:
    - car position (lerping transform position and rotation, and using rigidbody velocity for dead reckoning)
    - m_CarInput.Steer, m_CarInput.Accell and m_CarInput.Handbrake (freeding them to ApplyInput () in CarInput.cs)
    Why both sets of data are needed to synch remote players, while I would say that only one set would be enough?

And wouldn't two concurrent ways of synching remote players lead to different outcomes, also considering Photon updates 10 times per second?

Thank you

25. Tecknowolf01

Tecknowolf01

Any suggestions for this error? I am using latest Unity engine and its a clean install but I still get this error.
    Thanks!

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    PUNRaceManager.Update () (at Assets/Scripts/Race Scripts/PUNRaceManager.cs:94)

Oh, it happens on all scenes.

26. AbdullahKhan31

AbdullahKhan31

I have tried your script but its still giving me the same error.

27. AbdullahKhan31

AbdullahKhan31

// put the correct car references in position order to the appropriate GUIs
    // used on two panels (top-right, and final position/time)
    private void UpdatePlayerPanel (List<CarPanelGUI> guis) {
    foreach(CarRaceControl c in carControllers) {
    guis[c.currentPosition - 1].SetCar(c);
    }
    }
    This method is giving me an error
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    @perick

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  28. AghaKhan

AghaKhan

Here I paid for this Tutorial, but never received anything from Unity3D. They are giving me email references but no Tutoral which I paid for, Very sad

29. muheydari

muheydari

I tried windows version on my computer and it didn't even join room.
    - PunRallyDemoWin.exe
    - Enter Nickname
    - OK
    - Connectiong.... (for ever)
    I tried to turn off my firewall.
    I tried to run administrator
    I tried even my phone data internet.
    but i can't try it out.
    If I am wrong let me know.thanks

30. saerex

saerex

Hello, when smb joins room in photon rally, then master of the room change position , but who joined to master don't see that.How to improve that?

31. naligator

naligator

Hey Man.,,
    The APK, WIndows, Mac links are not working.
    Dropbox says the file not found.
    If possible share me the links to runnable files again-- especially the APK.

Thanks and Best Regards,
    Nalin

32. N2KMaster

N2KMaster

This was quite entertaining once i stripped out the map and gave them a free roam idea. (Those wondering just involved removing a few things and moving the rest out of game area, very simple). My only question is, where is the camera for the cars? I kinda like my camera further back and seeing a little further ahead than out of the package. There a specific area i should look?

33. CecilB

CecilB

I see this is no longer on the assets store ? so no way of purchasing ?

JamesArndt likes this.
  34. Max1982

Max1982

Hey
    Anybody tried to integration RCC realistic Car Controller with this?
    I tried those scripts from earlier posts but they dont work.
    Please help.

35. Max1982

Max1982

No one? Everytime when i try to race there are errors like in image.
    So system countdown stop on "1", and no "GO", so lap time, and position also dont work.
    I tried almost everything, modification code RCC, PUN Rally but nothing works. I spent a few days and still cant resolve whats going on. I contacted with RCC publisher but he doesnt want to help and doesnt anwer.
    Please help.

Attached Files:

• 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      342.5 KB
      Views:
  36. John1515

John1515

Why is the asset removed from the asset store? I would like to use it to learn how to make a multiplayer car game.

37. Binary42

Binary42

Unfortunately that Link is down, but it would be totally awesome if @perick could reupload it. ;)

WhiteVukky likes this.
  38. subinsabu55

subinsabu55

can I please get the pdf link. Its not available anywhere