Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Prototype : Build Levels and Props in Unity, then Test and Tweak Instantly

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by yahodahan, Dec 8, 2013.

1. yahodahan

yahodahan

Hi Kylawl,

Could you send me an email with your invoice # to "register", so I can get you on the list for instant updates? I believe this is fixed internally.

2. yahodahan

yahodahan

UPDATE: The new ProCore Forum is live! --> www.procore3d.com/forum

Please Post All Bug Reports To The ProCore Forum

Posting bug reports directly to the "Bug Reports" section of the ProCore Forum is a huge, huge help for us. Now that the new forum is up and active, we'll be strictly enforcing that all bug reports go there, or we can't guarantee they'll be seen. By posting to the Bug Report forum, we can quickly and easily track, reply to, monitor, and fix those pesky bugs- everyone wins!

Of course, we still welcome and encourage all general discussion, questions, advice, etc, right here on the Unity forums :)

Thanks for your help!

3. Saxi

Saxi

Would this offer anything for 2D or are these all 3D assets?

4. karl_

karl_

If you wanted to do a Trine style 2D game, this could work well for that. It would technically work for 2D games, but you'd probably be better off using a tool like Ferr2D or Polydraw for it.

5. FlaSh-G

FlaSh-G

Hi there,

I just bought prototype and like it so far.
    I wanted to sign up on your forum for some suggestions, but the signup form always thinks I answered the spam protection question wrong...

6. bigdaddio

bigdaddio

What do you mean, realtime ready?

7. yahodahan

yahodahan

Sorry about that- I've since changed the questions to be simpler. Give it another try now? :)

You can leverage the ProBuilder construction code to work in game, real-time :) For an example, see the second half of our talk at Unite 2014:

8. LeftyTwoGuns

LeftyTwoGuns

Few quick questions:

What does "free for September" mean? Is it pretty much a month long trial period, and then must be purchased ($25, right?) at the end of the month?

And this is pretty much a "basic" version of ProBuilder, right? So starting with Prototype and learning with it will make for an easy transition into ProBuilder?

9. yahodahan

yahodahan

Good question! It means if you download it during September, you have the FULL license, no limits! :D

And yes, it is a "basic" version of ProBuilder- great for learning, testing, getting familiar with the tools until you are ready to move up to the full toolset and advanced options in ProBuilder.

Also, everything you build in Prototype will upgrade just fine to ProBuilder :)

10. LeftyTwoGuns

LeftyTwoGuns

Alright, that sounds fantastic. Eager to try it out. I've been making steady progress in most of the aspects of my project, even AI. But level building has always been the elephant in the room. This seems like a very valuable asset in that regard.

AndreiKubyshkin likes this.
  11. CaptCanada

CaptCanada

I'm sure thIs has been asked and answered but what is the upgrade process/price from the free version of Prototype to the Probuilder Bundle?

Thanks
    Don

12. yahodahan

yahodahan

Hi Don- to upgrade, you simply change the "Prototype" folder to "ProBuilder", and then import ProBuilder. Done!

About the cost, unfortunately the Asset Store doesn't offer any discount/upgrade options for us developers, sorry :(

13. CaptCanada

CaptCanada

Thanks. I missed the 50% offer that was on a few days ago. Can you say when it might go,on sale again?

14. yahodahan

yahodahan

That's up the to the Asset Store, but we really hope it will happen again soon- a great opportunity for everyone! :)

15. CaptCanada

CaptCanada

Oh okay. I thought the developers had a say in their products going on sale. Thanks

16. yahodahan

yahodahan

We can ask to be featured, apply for upcoming sales, etc, but it's their decision in the end :) Makes sense, as everyone wants to, of course! This latest sale went REALLY well though, so hopefully we'll be on the shortlist for future ones as well :)

17. Lee7

Lee7

How can I change the material on a prototype cube without affecting every other prototpye asset in the scene?

For example, I am trying to make some mock force fields but when I change them to a transparent texture it changes the texture on ever prototype object on the map.

Is this possible? Thanks.

18. Janith

Janith

Hey Procore Tools ! I would like to get Tutorials of procore tools protype free.thanks

19. Janith

Janith

And How to Change color ? i cannot change the color from vertex face colour

20. Janith

Janith

Hey ! I'm using Prototype free ! can i change the face color ? cuz there is an option called set face color but when i clicked it it says set face color but nothing happened
    thanks
    -janith

21. Janith

Janith

Some Body please answer me

22. mimminito

mimminito

@Janith There are tutorials on YouTube which will guide you through using the tool. Have you checked the first post???

23. Janith

Janith

Yes ! ! but now i'm facing problems . Like Cannot change the face color ! (prototype Free)

24. ohlin

ohlin

is anyone else having issues running this in unity 5 ? :( such a great tool.

25. karl_

karl_

Make sure you're using the latest version, 2.4.3p0 is fully Unity 5 compatible.

26. SkygodGames

SkygodGames

Hello, I have an issue claiming stairs. The mesh collider looks invisible and when I select convex the collider looks funny.

27. yahodahan

yahodahan

Hi there- this is standard Unity behavior, no worries. "Convex" will use the nearest-to-mesh possible shape, while remaining convex.

unityunity