Search Unity

[RELEASED] ProRoad

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Creative-Pudding, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Creative-Pudding

Creative-Pudding

Hi Guys

We are proudly presents our new package for Unity: ProRoad

ProRoad is a road creation tool for Unity, which follows the same principles as professional road being made. These basic concepts together with many rich features makes it not only easy to use but a perfect solution for any car games, where roads are important.

Compatible with Unity 2017.x and Unity 2018.x.

ProRoad and it's tool set has been used for making our successful racing game Revhead. We decided to release these tools for the public to help get over those obstacles, which comes when you are making a simulation game.

ProRoad comes with features like radius based curves, road banking, intersections, segment-based material/texture usage, road bumps, terrain tree/detail clearance or automatic (value based) indentation. The generated road mesh is exactly on the terrain surface with the same tesselation without any offset. Special shader is provided to avoid Z-fight issues. There is a Decal mesh generator in the package to make road paintings, oil stains and other cool visual content, a Surface map detection tool to allow to set different road surface types such as tarmac, gravel, dirt and more.

ProRoad also comes with additional tools, such as ObjectPlanter tool, Logger module, Surface map tool, Decal mesh generator to help adding objects or integrate it with your scene in your own game.

Unity Asset Store: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/modeling/proroad-119351

Please come back with feedbacks and your wish list!

Support:
    In case you need quick answer to your question, please send an email. You can find our support mail on the product page.
    We can't guarantee quick response time on the forum, but we always do our best to answer mails as quickly as possible!

Have Fun!

2. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

Hi. I am interested in this asset. Is there a trial or demo version?

3. trafalmejo

trafalmejo

Hi, I am interesting in this product as well. It feels like a powerful tool but without many documentation though.
    Two question:
    1. Is it possible to generate roads during runtime?
    2. Is it possible to auto detect crossed roads and creating road intersections?

Thanks!

4. Creative-Pudding

Creative-Pudding

We don't have trial version yet, sorry.

Regarding the realtime generating of roads and cross-roads: no it is not supported.
    We made this tool to support or game, to allow us to use multiple textures, proper alignment with terrain and fine tune possibilities all with high performance so the game would not have performance issues due to the roads.
    You can edit the road "realtime" in the editor, but once the game is running it will use a pre-generated terrain and assets.
    The reason we are doing this way and the approach we are taking is for performance and supporting race games, where realtime road surfaces detection is just as important as looks or drivability. Also, most cases games like ours would required a well designed road or circuit, which needs to be fine tweaked during test runs, so our goal was to provide a tool which can help with creating and fine tune it, then use it with as less performance as possible during the game.

5. maneku

maneku

hello, i want to add racing curbs to my roads. is there a way to do this in ProRoad?
    thanks.

6. Creative-Pudding

Creative-Pudding

Hi,

The ObjectPlanter is the tool we made for such things like curbstones (it's part of the ProRoad package to help the users to create the surroundings faster and easier). All you have to do is creating a new ObjectPlanterLine path along the side of the road and using a curbstone model to instantiate it along this path. It's pretty easy to use and you can re-generate the object after any road modifications.
    We've made a small presentation for you to see the result of the process.

racingcurbs.jpg

7. maneku

maneku

Hi,
    Thanks for the answer. I use object planter tool for placing my cones, tyre stack etc. I will model my curb stone assets suitable for this tool. It's easy process.

By the way very thanks for this great asset!

8. Rowlan

Rowlan

Is it possible to create an object planter line from the road spline? Actually I'd need one left and one right for the guide posts along the road. Maybe also with an offset to support planting of lanterns and such. But it would of course be nice to plant directly along the road with an offset instead of having to use an object planter line..

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  9. Creative-Pudding

Creative-Pudding

Currently, it is possible to do it only by hand but we are planning a new feature to make it very easy and fast.
    To do it by hand, create a new Planter Line object and under its group object find and delete its markers (in the inspector). Now find the markers of your ProRoad, copy and paste them under the hierarchy root of the Planter Line (where the old deleted markers were). Now the Planter Line's path runs right in the middle of the road and you can drag the markers by hand to make an offset.

10. Rowlan

Rowlan

I'm really impressed about how quickly one can create a racing scene with ProRoad :)

While doing so, ideas and feature requests kept on coming. I'll send you those via pm @Creative-Pudding, keep up the good work.

Creative-Pudding likes this.
  11. Rowlan

Rowlan

Here's a new video with a longer driving scene as it was asked for by some users :)

12. crownracing

crownracing

Questions:
    1. Does ProRoad have the capability to widen and narrowing the same road so the road width varies?
    2. Can PR make a road that is 150 ft. wide so all the race vehicles can start side-by-side?
    3. Can it be used with other terrain software like Gaia?

13. crownracing

crownracing

Question: Other than road surfaces, does Proroad have a good selection of terrains, like desert, mountain, grass valley? Is it possible to import a terrain into Proroad?

14. CPHUN

CPHUN

1: This feature you've asked is currently not supported but it is on our list..

2: 150 ft wide road: Currently not. The current maximum width for a road is 30m (~100 ft).

3: The ProRoad doesn't contains any terrain or terrain data. It must be placed on a Unity Terrain and it will modify that terrain to tesselate and level out its surface where needed etc. ProRoad will work on the Unity Terrain object itself, if the Gaia's output is a standard Unity Terrain the answer is yes. But you should place the ProRoad object on the already finished and saved terrain.

15. crownracing

crownracing

Huge problem with ProRoad for large terrain. My terrain is 17,000 meters by 14,000 meters. The marker handles in ProRoad in a terrain this size shrink down to nearly invisible, making it impossible to see and create a road to my specifications. In other words, ProRoad seems only to work for small to medium terrains. Is there a solution or is my design dead on arrival?

16. CPHUN

CPHUN

Thanks for using ProRoad and reporting the issue. We've just started working on a similar sized terrain and you're right it affects the usage since you have to zoom out constantly to see and grab a marker. (altough the road generation works perfectly on big terrains too)
    A new ProRoad update will be released very soon where the marker's minimum visible size will be limited to avoid this issue.

17. keithsoulasa

keithsoulasa

Hi , do you have any support for tunnels and bridges, I'm using Easy Roads right now but I'm open to trying something new. Also does HDRP work

18. CPHUN

CPHUN

The bridge/tunnel feature is not yet implemented but it is on our update list. HDRP is supported.

keithsoulasa likes this.