Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

[RELEASED] Pro Camera 2D - The definitive 2D & 2.5D Unity camera plugin

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by luispedrofonseca, Jul 29, 2015.

1. sidmakesgames

sidmakesgames

I'm not sure if that will work. Although I have never worked with Profiler before but the issue rises the moment we uncollapse the ProCamera2D in the Inspector window. Even if we're not in the play mode.

2. flashframe

flashframe

BACALL likes this.
  3. BACALL

BACALL

Thank you, didn't know it was possible!

I don't know what I'm doing, never profiled the Editor :confused: But these are the findings, the Inspector lag seems to stem from scrolling in the inspector. It allocates a lot of garbage (don't know if that's normal). ProCamera2D definitely is the main suspect. I hope this is helpful @luispedrofonseca
    Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 15.33.25.png Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 15.36.22.png Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 15.38.14.png

4. sidmakesgames

sidmakesgames

Ahaaan. Picture looks pretty similar on my side too. It immediately starts to skyrocket the resources the moment I uncollapse the ProCamera2D component. We're looking forward to hear some solution to this trouble @luispedrofonseca

5. luispedrofonseca

luispedrofonseca

Bagnol, sidmakesgames and BACALL like this.
  6. sidmakesgames

sidmakesgames

Thank you for the prompt reply. We're in need of using a camera system for our game and I do not want to run with cinemachine. So it will be great if you can release a fix soon.

7. luispedrofonseca

luispedrofonseca

Hi all, I've just submitted a new build that fixes the memory leak error. It was due to a bug with the AssetsDatabase that I couldn't figure out. As such, to solve it I simply removed the header and user guide textures that were shown at the top of editor. They're not essential, and faster and leaner is always better :)

cc @sidmakesgames @BACALL @flashframe

8. sidmakesgames

sidmakesgames

Hey @luispedrofonseca

Thank you for such a quickly resolution for the issue. I was not expecting that you will fix it so quickly. Really appreciate your support man. And I'm happy to report that after updating the plugin and using it for couple of days, the issue of memory skyrocketing is completely fixed. It's not happening anymore.

Although I did notice that Parallax extension is not working in our project. I'm able to set it up completely but the parallax effect is not getting triggered. I'm not sure what is wrong.

luispedrofonseca likes this.
  9. luispedrofonseca

luispedrofonseca

Does it work in the included Parallax demo scene?

10. joaorequiao

joaorequiao

Is there a way to take a screenshot with the paralax cameras from code?

11. sidmakesgames

sidmakesgames

Hey Luis
    I'm not sure what was the error but parallax has started to work in the project again.

12. luispedrofonseca

luispedrofonseca

@joaorequiao ProCamera2D shouldn't interfere with Unity's methods to take a screenshot. What challenge did you find?

13. luigi7

luigi7

Hello @luispedrofonseca, I have this problem:
    on the main camera there are Numeric Boundaries, Camera Window, Zoom To Fit and Shake enabled and working fine.
    I need, in specific moments activated via code, to simply zoom-in more than what's in MaxZoomInAmount (Zoom To Fit) :
    if i try to do it at runtime via inspector at runtime, it's not working as i need because Zoom To Fit has the control on the camera size, but if i disable Zoom To Fit to zoom directly with Camera orthographic size, I loose the target centering.
    Any suggestion? Thank you

14. luigi7

luigi7

Don't mind, I solved by myself coding a while bypassing PC2D.

15. Pourya-MDP

Pourya-MDP

hey my friend @luispedrofonseca have some simple question before buying this amazing cam controller , first i'm gonna use it in a game like INSIDE which is 2.5D so is this plugin completely compatible with such scenario?
    and second i mainly want to see if rails have some sort of cam rail change in a smooth way in runtime?
    by this i mean imagine there are two separate rails in different locations , so can we smoothly direct the cam from rail one to rail two based on player position in runtime?
    for instance look this simple asset CAMERA PATH FOR 2D,2.5D (this asset just changes the rails smoothly based on player position relative to camera) , now can pro camera 2d recreate such effect?
    you might ask me why i choose yours over this asset(while such functionality is available in the other asset outta the box) ,well that's because i believe your plugin has much more control over what happening for camera!
    thanks in advance
    looking forward for an answer.
    regards

Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
  16. luispedrofonseca

luispedrofonseca

That's one of the cases where sometimes extensions will "fight" amongst themselves for control over the camera. There's no easy fix but I have in mind a priority setting that could eventually by applied that could help with these cases.
    Glad you sorted it out though. Cheers

17. luispedrofonseca

luispedrofonseca

There's currently no built-in functionality to choose between different Rails extensions. But you should be able to easily do it by simply toggling the one you want currently enabled.
    Cheers