Search Unity

[RELEASED] Pro Camera 2D - The definitive 2D & 2.5D Unity camera plugin

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by luispedrofonseca, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Fjonan

Fjonan

Hi! I recently bought your script and I am very happy how easy it is to use. Unfortunately the transitions do not work with the "Lightweight Renderpipeline" in use - the transition layer simple does not show up. I created a custom ForwardRenderer (as I have documented here: https://answers.unity.com/questions...eight.html?childToView=1660770#answer-1660770) and this might be interfering but I am very new to this so maybe you know what the problem is right away and it is simply a setting?

Thanks for your time!

2. luispedrofonseca

luispedrofonseca

Hi @Fjonan,

Unfortunately the new SRP's are still very early and their API is a moving target. Stuff like camera stacking and other features are not present yet so it makes the TransitionsFX and Parallax extensions unsupported for the time being under those pipelines.

I do plan to update once things settle down, but not before. Until then my recommendation is to stick to the default renderer or find another alternative for the transitions.

3. Fjonan

Fjonan

Thanks for the quick response! I wanted to switch die LWRP because I love the shader graph tool which is why I won't switch back. I can live without the transitions for now (or even create something with the other camera things) and wait for your update. :)

luispedrofonseca likes this.
  4. Razputin

Razputin

My games multiplayer so the camera spawns in on start, I'm having trouble setting the rooms.

Code (CSharp):
    1. public Room[] rooms;
    3.         for (int i = 0; i < rooms.Length; i++)
    4.         {
    5.             camera.GetComponent<ProCamera2DRooms>().AddRoom(rooms[i]);
    6.         }
    Error :

NotImplementedException: The method or operation is not implemented.
    SpawnManager.Spawn () (at Assets/Scripts/SpawnManager.cs:46)
    SpawnManager.Start () (at Assets/Scripts/SpawnManager.cs:34)

Is there a different way to set them?

5. luispedrofonseca

luispedrofonseca

Hey @Razputin, sorry for the late reply.

That method (AddRoom) does not take a "Room" instance, but instead takes the parameters that define it:
    Code (csharp):
    2. public void AddRoom(
    3.    float roomX,
    4.    float roomY,
    5.    float roomWidth,
    6.    float roomHeight,
    7.    float transitionDuration = 1f,
    8.    EaseType transitionEaseType = EaseType.EaseInOut,
    9.    bool scaleToFit = false,
    10.    bool zoom = false,
    11.    float zoomScale = 1.5f,
    12.    string id = "")
    13. {
    The Rooms list, however, is public so you can access it directly as you wish.

Let me know if this helps. Cheers

Razputin likes this.
  6. Zyblade

Zyblade

Does this asset support multiple camera while maintain pixelperfection? I couldn't solve this one using unitys pixel perfect camera script.The 2nd cam would be always black, due to the upscale.

7. luispedrofonseca

luispedrofonseca

@Zyblade It should work since the pixel-perfect size is calculated according to the viewport size. Feel free to try it and if it doesn't work let me know and I'll see what I can do.

wagenheimer likes this.
  8. Stilghar

Stilghar

Hi Luis,

Your camera is great! We're trying to use it in combination with the pixel perfect unity extension (last version) and Unity 2019.3.3f using URP and we have some issues:

- The extensions that deal with bounds (numeric bounds and rooms) do not work well with the pixel perfect unity extension. We see the pixel perfect camera viewport inside the room bounds for example but then the camera is not able to move. Our guess is that the procamera2d bounds are not using the viewport size before the pixel perfect extension?

- We are totally unable to launch Transition FX. Any ideas here?

Thank you!

David

9. luispedrofonseca

luispedrofonseca

Hi @Stilghar,

I haven't experimented Unity's own pixel perfect solution, so I can't say for sure if it works or not.

As for TransitionFX, it's currently not supported when using the new SRP's. I'm planning to add support at a later stage once Unity stabilizes their implementation.

10. Stilghar

Stilghar

Thanks Luis, are you planning to include support for Unity's pixel perfect solution? Many of us are moving to it as it is becoming their standard for pixel perfect.

11. luispedrofonseca

luispedrofonseca

@Stilghar Yes, I think it even makes sense to deprecate my own solution in favour of Unity's. No timeline for it though, but keep an eye open for it.

12. Stilghar

Stilghar

luispedrofonseca likes this.
unityunity