Search Unity

[RELEASED] Polaris V2 - Ultimate Low Poly Terrain Engine

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Tran-Ngoc-Tam, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Faahhx

Faahhx

Hi- I'm not getting shadows and my terrain flickers (in editor and game). I'm using URP, and haven't altered anything (fresh install of Polaris v2) - except point the terrain material to the Griffin URP version of it. This gif is from Demo_00.

I'm guessing I have lighting setting conflicts - but no idea what might be going on.

052220_noShadow-flickeringTerrain_sm.gif

2. Tran-Ngoc-Tam

Tran-Ngoc-Tam

Hi,
    Can you try the latest version of URP and URP Support Extension? They work fine for me.
    Follow this instruction for correct installation: https://docs.google.com/document/d/...vUs6mIBACJ8wNhSnE/edit#heading=h.nzpjtddq88hy
    Cheers,
    Tam

3. Faahhx

Faahhx

Tran-Ngoc-Tam likes this.
  4. ambrandt94_unity

ambrandt94_unity

Hi there, I'm eager to use this tool, but have had issues getting it up and running correctly. I wanted to make a post here to see if anyone has had similar issues. I feel like it's a silly problem with hopefully a simple solution:

I am not able to paint when any of the paint tools are selected. Any left click and hold will box select in the editor, and no brush cursor appears on the terrain to indicate that I can paint. I'm hoping it's just some Unity setting. Does this behavior sound familiar at all, and does anyone have any ideas for fixing/more-thoroughly-troubleshooting it? I have been using Unity for a long time and am a little stumped by this, because none of the documentation or tutorial videos seems to show any sign of the same issue. I looked for way s to disable the editor box select but had no luck.

Thanks in advance for any help.

5. Tran-Ngoc-Tam

Tran-Ngoc-Tam

Hi, the issue can be solve easily by close all scene view and inspectors window, then reopen new ones.
    Hope that help,
    Tam

6. ambrandt94_unity

ambrandt94_unity

Fantastic, thank you! I knew it would be something simple like that.

7. Ghujelk

Ghujelk

Hey @Tran-Ngoc-Tam I'm using Polaris V2, and I'm wondering what the best approach is to altering the scale of the terrains if I want to make additional terrain changes after that.

I have some terrains with neighbors, that are all 400 x 400. I used the Geometry Override section to change the dimensions to 600 x 600, when I hit Update the terrains did change their dimensions but then they were all overlapping. When I try to use the Re-Arrange option the terrains do not correctly reposition themselves. I wish the names of the terrains would also update to reflect their new positions but that's less important compared to the arrangement issue.

8. Ahab_

Ahab_

Hi @Tran-Ngoc-Tam ! Bought Polaris along Jupiter and Poseidon some days ago!

I am really satisfied with them although I am still learning how to use them at their fullest.

Nevertheless, I was wonder if its possible to extract and edit the Image File from the Albedo Map in PS or a similar program after painting the created terrain itself with Polaris Tools.

For now, I wasn't even able to figure out to extract the Albedo Map file from the TerrainData File...

Thanks!

9. TJHeuvel-net

TJHeuvel-net

Im experiencing very frequent crashes when modifying the terrain, how can i get support for this?

Pressing Contact > Support in the menu does nothing for me.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  10. MarsAttax

MarsAttax

Hi,
    How are existing Polaris v2 customers able to get access to 2020 version?

11. Tran-Ngoc-Tam

Tran-Ngoc-Tam

Hi,
    Re-arrange is one of the approach, edit their position in Transform component should also work.
    Let me see what's wrong with Rearrange function :)

12. Tran-Ngoc-Tam

Tran-Ngoc-Tam

Hi,
    You can go to terrain inspector > Data > Export to export its textures to files, after editing in PS, use Import to put it back

Ahab_ likes this.
  13. Tran-Ngoc-Tam

Tran-Ngoc-Tam

Hi,
    V2 user can upgrade to V2020 on the store page.

14. Tran-Ngoc-Tam

Tran-Ngoc-Tam

15. beaker466

beaker466

I created a terrain and worked on my game for a month or two and loaded up my game today and now the terrain is completely black. Any ideas on how to fix this?

16. Tran-Ngoc-Tam

Tran-Ngoc-Tam

Hi,
    Please try the Shading>CONTEXT>Set Shader menu.
    Note that this forum is no longer monitored, please join the Discord channel for support.

17. Gamingbir

Gamingbir

Is this tool helps to make a background for 2.5 D games?

I was wondering if It will be of any help of making a scene like this.

Also, I can't find your discord server invite link. I wanted to ask questions to other users

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  18. tspree15

tspree15

Hi, we own the asset, but for the life of me I can't generate terrains that look good. I'm hoping to hire someone to create a few terrains for us. If interested please send an email: tspree15@gmail.com

Thank you!

19. MorpheusXI

MorpheusXI

Hi

Forgive my ignorance on Burst Compiler.

Trying to understand the Burst Compiler recommended usage. Is this for purely in editor optimization or for target device?

If also for target device, if the device does not support burst features what happens? I just want to ensure that if I install Burst I don't reduce scope of devices that I want to work with my game.

Should Burst Compiler etc. be installed is there a requirement for all code and other assets e.g. (controllers) be compliant with Burst feature set? Or if not compliant it will continue to work as expected?

20. Toykrayon

Toykrayon

Hi,
    I just started using Polaris 21.
    Is there a way to change Render Pipeline from Builtin to URP on Terrain Wizard panel?
    Unity 2021.2.1f1 Mac

21. chris73it

chris73it

Hi, I am considering acquiring Polaris, but I see there are 2 versions: 2020 and 2021. I am planning to use Polaris in conjunction with MicroSplat. Would I need to use Polaris 2020 (instead of the more recent 2021) to take advantage of MicroSplat, since right now MicroSplat only supports Unity 2020.3? Thank you for any help you can send my way!

22. Predulus

Predulus

Hi, I just installed the Low-Poly Tools Bundle to use after about a year since last time, and I was immediately disappointed.

I created a terrain.

I used the texture-painter tool.

Immediately there were cracks between neighbouring terrain pieces.

What's the deal with this please? I would expect the tool to fix cracks automatically. I searched for documentation, which itself was a challenge, as the website is somewhat broken. When I found the polaris manual. there is nothing about stitching.

Please help, thank you.

23. dahldaniel

dahldaniel

I am looking at you product since I have some problem with Unity terrain.
    I'm working with a Unity Terrain object and have encountered texture alignment issues when using Unity's built-in splatmaps for runtime updates. The misalignment is particularly noticeable near the terrain's edges. This prevents accurate painting within a custom grid overlay that shares the same resolution as the terrain; ideally, there should be a 1:1 alignment between my grid cells and the underlying splatmap cells. But there is not.

Key Question:

Can I use Polaris 2020 at runtime to control texture painting with grid-cell precision, ensuring proper alignment with my existing custom grid? The painting should fill out the cell in my grid.

I'm hoping Polaris 2020 can provide the flexibility I need to overcome this Unity Terrain limitation. Thank you for your insights!

24. bvonline

bvonline

How to get rid of the visible geometry? I would like to have a complete smooth terrain.