Search Unity

[RELEASED] Playtime Painter

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by quizcanners, Nov 9, 2017.

?

What is the most likely use case for this Asset you could have?

1. Prototyping visuals

2. Minor fixes on textures

3. Painting as part of the game

4. Damage and destruction

5. Smart textures*

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. quizcanners

quizcanners

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/91528

I'm looking for people who would want to test it out or try integrating it with some other technologies (Virtual Reality, 3D touch, AR etc.), like this amazing guy did. Or just experiment in different use scenarios. I've been asked "Can I use your asset with this", "can I use it for that". Asset is open source so answer is almost always yes, sometimes with some coding, but I would like to include more examples with my next update. Basically, if you want to try it out, email me at quizcanners@gmail.com and I'll send you a voucher for the Asset.

The asset is really good, it has plenty of stuff in it, I want to add at least another 5 bucks on it's price, but would like to make sure it's comfortable to use for everyone. Nobody is obligated to write me back a report or something after getting the voucher, I think if you discover bugs or opportunities for improvement, you'll want to let me know.

Also if someone can check my asset description translation to Korean, Japanese and Chinese I could pay you a bit with bitcoins. Again, email me, I'll send you a link to Google Sheets.

*Smart textures - with next update you can record your strokes into a file and then instead of saving a texture, you can just use this file and later use it to "Redraw" the image. So theoretically you can have high-res textures stored in tiny files. It is also possible to paint them slowly, one stroke at the frame. If it's some artsy game, player will see everything painted right in front of him like speed art.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    tapawafo and theANMATOR2b like this.
  2. quizcanners

quizcanners

2F7B62BC-EC7E-4EB9-914E-76CAB0A39CA1.jpeg Smart textures are ready. It remembers your every stroke. No need to save textures or masks, just call Play(“NameOfYourStrokeVectorRecording”); on object to repaint the texture on it. If anyone wants to create a game where textures are redrawn at runtime, you’ll be able to. Huge lossless textures, tiny file size.

3. tapawafo

tapawafo

This is seriously impressive work!

Quick question. Do you plan on adding some kind of symmetry/mirror mode support at some point?

Thanks.

4. quizcanners

quizcanners

For world space brush it should be very much possible. I could mirror the brush position for edited object’s local space and selected axis.

For UV could do similar by mirroring the raycast.

This feature makes sense. Maybe this or next month update.

tapawafo likes this.