Search Unity

[RELEASED] Platform Builder Pro

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by josh-horsley, Sep 25, 2016.

1. josh-horsley

josh-horsley

Platform Builder Pro (Core extension is FREE on the Asset Store! Click here!)

Welcome to the official thread for Platform Builder Pro! If anyone wants to chat, get updates, or throw out ideas then you've come to the right place. If you are looking to submit an issue then head over to the GitHub page found here: https://github.com/horsley86/platform-builder-pro/issues

Build platforms of any shape!

Demo | Documentation

Platform Builder Pro allows you to draw the desired shape of your platform. There is no limit to what you can achieve here!

Features:
    -Complete control over the shape of the platform.
    -Multiple material support.
    -Source code included and commented throughout.
    -Easily extendable through the Strategy plugin system.
    -Author-provided plugins (Bezier and Multi-Point Move Strategies coming soon!)

StevenPicard likes this.
  2. magique

magique

I totally forgot about this and stumbled across it today. Great to see you released it. I'll have to give it a try and see how it works compared to the old version.

3. josh-horsley

josh-horsley

Please, test away! Let me know if you come across any issues. Also, I know you originally asked for rounded edges for a more organic look: with this tool you should be able to achieve that. I have been working on a bezier plugin that will help make things smooth, however I've been running into some performance issues with it so I haven't released it yet. I could, however, send it to you if you'd be interested in testing it out!

4. magique

magique

Thanks for listening to my request and improving the product. I can't really do any serious testing at the moment due to some tight deadlines on a sci-fi shmup game I'm developing. I will need to do it eventually for one of my projects, but not right away. I will keep an eye on your progress though.

5. josh-horsley

josh-horsley

Hey guys!

Platform Builder Pro has been released for quite some time now with no updates. I apologize!! I am currently working on a new plugin for Platform Builder Pro that will procedurally generate platforms for you! In the process of doing so, I found a few issues with the tool:
    • sometimes when rotating a section there were missing meshes
    • UV coordinates were misaligned with neighboring meshes, causing the materials to be offset when there are twists and turns
    • performance issues with a lot of sections, like over 100. When deleting the sections it was causing Unity to freeze
    I will be submitting an update for these fixes soon!

Now, for a little promotion of the new procedural plugin :)

Platform Builder Pro will always be FREE, but the plugins I'll be adding to extend Platform Builder Pro's functionality will be for sale on the Asset Store.

The first of which, is Platform Builder Pro - Plugin: Procedural Generation

Here is a little video showing it in action! Please let me know what you guys think and any ideas for future plugins. I am playing with the idea of a plugin for full blown endless runner. Thanks for reading!