Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Pinball Creator

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Tropical-Studio, Aug 17, 2016.

1. CaliCoastReplay

CaliCoastReplay

Also, I have a question about the features:

The bumpers, slingshots, basic features work wonderfully out of the box.

I have been having trouble getting the balls to have enough power to go up ramps, however, if I adjust the default angle.

Are there anything like speed boosts or other ways to enable an angled ramp? I would love to make a table that is multi-level in the upper region! :)

2. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,
    If you want the ball to enter the ramp more easily you can add invisible colliders that will facilitate the entry into the ramp.
    When the ball enters the ramp more smoothly, the ball goes higher.

Pinball_Image_01.jpg

DrOcto and CaliCoastReplay like this.
  3. Geoffc

Geoffc

Suggested Features:

Cabinet mode options so the camera is locked if the player turns it on in an options menu. Also the ability for the player to adjust playfield position and camera zoom and the digital scoreboard position x and y coordinates and size in pixels on the screen and back glass image x and y coordinates and size in pixels on the screen. Would need a GUI menu for the player to set them up and a file for the config to be saved in.

Sound source options, so the player can config table sound output to a different audio device and background music to a different device. Great for people playing in a cabinet using tactile feedback speakers for the table noise and ball movement.

Why? Many virtual pinball enthusiasts are using cabinets. Cabinets are not all the same size and are not all set up the same way so these in-game options will make it easier to create a game with this asset that can be used by cabinet owners.

DrOcto and Tropical-Studio like this.
  4. tim44

tim44

I was hoping to play pinball on quest with this, but could only get it to work on oculus rift. On quest I get audio and it's stuck on the three loading dots, the oculus dashboard becomes unavailable and I have to power off the quest. Any ideas? It's android based.
    Sometimes if I take the headset off and then back on when it's locked up it shows the table for a split second, before displaying the loading dots again.

5. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,
    Sorry but i have no oculus quest to test.
    Hope you find a solution.

6. Masivemono

Masivemono

Good afternoon I have a very rare issue, when I am in the unity editor, the game works, but when I export to the mobile, the ui stays locked in the first scene and does not respond, do you know why it can be? thanks

7. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,
    Can you send me an email with more informations
    so that we can reproduce the bug
    - Step by step process
    - Unity version you use
    - Mobile you use
    - Your computer configuration

8. Masivemono

Masivemono

It is already solved, the error was mine, I put the same popup in two different scenes when exporting, thanks

Tropical-Studio likes this.
  9. ELDEVELOPER

ELDEVELOPER

Hi, I want to buy the system, I only have 2 questions

Does the asset have a game manager? ... I need things like starting the game, closing the game, level selector, scoring system and so on (and optimizing)

And finally, there is the possibility that you can implement the new LWRP technique for cell phones with particles and explosions, creating more mechanics and changing their gameplay a bit.

Thank you

10. ivanixgames

ivanixgames

Hello, a couple of questions.
    First are there any additional theme packs or asset packs available? Either from the original developer or others.
    Second, I would like to see about making a hybrid pinball / foosball type game with 2 or 4 players each controlling separate paddles. Or perhaps a 2-4 player pinball game where two cabinets are joined in the middle and balls can go into either one. Asking about the feasibility. Any thoughts welcome.

11. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,
    Sorry but Pinball Creator is not design to do what you want.

12. Banksy

Banksy

Just purchased & have V.R (Oculus Quest) integration up an running... took some tweaking but it now runs smooth as.

I notice there are nested prefabs inside " MeshCombinerv2 " components. Is this purely for optimisation ? I'd like to remove some to re-scale them.. is this ok?

Here's a Video I created ... early days

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    StevenPicard and Tropical-Studio like this.
  13. Barronge

Barronge

Im looking to get this to build a game for my coleagues at work but to distribute it the game needs to be a certain size. What is the average file size of a complete PC and IOS/Android app when finished?

14. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,
    Here are the file sizes:
    The size for a pc build (3 tables): about 250 Mo
    Size for android (1 table): : about 50/100 Mo

15. shredingskin

shredingskin

Hello, Loving the asset, is fantastic.
    I have some questions;
    -I've copied the p_Mission_Bumper_x1_KickBack from the demo scene.
    The kickback does work, but it doesn't get deactivated after one use (even if the led is off).
    Any ideas what could be wrong ?
    -Also, what does debug camera toggle do ? I don't see any changes in the editor while I'm using it.
    -The camera gizmos are only for copying the rotation and I manage the distance from the script right ?
    - If I want to create mini scenes with the asset the way to go is just using a hole and putting it in the place I want the ball to be right ?

Many thanks for making the asset, amazing stuff !

16. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,

Do not copy a mission from one scene to another scene. If you want to learn how to easily create mission read Mission Creator Module page 33 in Pinball_Documentation_Part1.pdf

Debug camera toggle is used to change the location of cameras.

If you want to change the position of cameras:
    -In hierarchy tab select Pivot_Cam ( G_Game_Camera > Pivot_Cam )
    - Check Debug Cam View box

Im_01.jpg

-Press play bouton

Im_02.jpg

-Change Cam 1 pos Y and Cam 1 pos Z .

Im_03.jpg

-When you are satisfied with the position, note the 2 values on a paper (Cam 1 pos Y and Cam 1pos Z)
    -Press again play bouton to stop

-Report the values in Cam 1 pos Y and Cam 1pos Z.
    Im_03.jpg
    - Uncheck Debug Cam View box
    -Now press play to test the new position
    -If you change Cam 1 you must report the value in Pivot_Cam Transform too ( not if you change cam2,3 or 4)

Im_04.jpg

Hope it helps

shredingskin likes this.
  17. DoKannon

DoKannon

Hi dudes , which is the right size to make a background for the table?? thankz

PD:Sorry about my english

18. DoKannon

DoKannon

yep :)

19. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,
    Uvs are available on texture files.
    For more information read Documention Part 1 FAQ section 6: "How to modify pinball Illustration ( cabinet, playfield, leds..)"

20. GammaBadger

GammaBadger

Hi,

Are there a plans to upgrade to the Universal Render Pipeline? If not

21. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,
    Here is a pdf that will allow you to convert your Pinball Creator project into Universal Render Pipeline

Attached Files:

GammaBadger and schmosef like this.
unityunity