Search Unity

[RELEASED] Pinball Creator

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Tropical-Studio, Aug 17, 2016.

1. CaliCoastReplay

CaliCoastReplay

Also, I have a question about the features:

The bumpers, slingshots, basic features work wonderfully out of the box.

I have been having trouble getting the balls to have enough power to go up ramps, however, if I adjust the default angle.

Are there anything like speed boosts or other ways to enable an angled ramp? I would love to make a table that is multi-level in the upper region! :)

2. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,
    If you want the ball to enter the ramp more easily you can add invisible colliders that will facilitate the entry into the ramp.
    When the ball enters the ramp more smoothly, the ball goes higher.

Pinball_Image_01.jpg

DrOcto and CaliCoastReplay like this.
  3. Geoffc

Geoffc

Suggested Features:

Cabinet mode options so the camera is locked if the player turns it on in an options menu. Also the ability for the player to adjust playfield position and camera zoom and the digital scoreboard position x and y coordinates and size in pixels on the screen and back glass image x and y coordinates and size in pixels on the screen. Would need a GUI menu for the player to set them up and a file for the config to be saved in.

Sound source options, so the player can config table sound output to a different audio device and background music to a different device. Great for people playing in a cabinet using tactile feedback speakers for the table noise and ball movement.

Why? Many virtual pinball enthusiasts are using cabinets. Cabinets are not all the same size and are not all set up the same way so these in-game options will make it easier to create a game with this asset that can be used by cabinet owners.

DrOcto and Tropical-Studio like this.
  4. tim44

tim44

I was hoping to play pinball on quest with this, but could only get it to work on oculus rift. On quest I get audio and it's stuck on the three loading dots, the oculus dashboard becomes unavailable and I have to power off the quest. Any ideas? It's android based.
    Sometimes if I take the headset off and then back on when it's locked up it shows the table for a split second, before displaying the loading dots again.

5. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,
    Sorry but i have no oculus quest to test.
    Hope you find a solution.

6. Masivemono

Masivemono

Good afternoon I have a very rare issue, when I am in the unity editor, the game works, but when I export to the mobile, the ui stays locked in the first scene and does not respond, do you know why it can be? thanks

7. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,
    Can you send me an email with more informations
    so that we can reproduce the bug
    - Step by step process
    - Unity version you use
    - Mobile you use
    - Your computer configuration

8. Masivemono

Masivemono

It is already solved, the error was mine, I put the same popup in two different scenes when exporting, thanks

Tropical-Studio likes this.
  9. MalandroVR

MalandroVR

Hi, I want to buy the system, I only have 2 questions

Does the asset have a game manager? ... I need things like starting the game, closing the game, level selector, scoring system and so on (and optimizing)

And finally, there is the possibility that you can implement the new LWRP technique for cell phones with particles and explosions, creating more mechanics and changing their gameplay a bit.

Thank you

10. ivanixgames

ivanixgames

Hello, a couple of questions.
    First are there any additional theme packs or asset packs available? Either from the original developer or others.
    Second, I would like to see about making a hybrid pinball / foosball type game with 2 or 4 players each controlling separate paddles. Or perhaps a 2-4 player pinball game where two cabinets are joined in the middle and balls can go into either one. Asking about the feasibility. Any thoughts welcome.

11. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,
    Sorry but Pinball Creator is not design to do what you want.

12. Banksy

Banksy

Just purchased & have V.R (Oculus Quest) integration up an running... took some tweaking but it now runs smooth as.

I notice there are nested prefabs inside " MeshCombinerv2 " components. Is this purely for optimisation ? I'd like to remove some to re-scale them.. is this ok?

Here's a Video I created ... early days

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    StevenPicard and Tropical-Studio like this.
  13. Barronge

Barronge

Im looking to get this to build a game for my coleagues at work but to distribute it the game needs to be a certain size. What is the average file size of a complete PC and IOS/Android app when finished?

14. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,
    Here are the file sizes:
    The size for a pc build (3 tables): about 250 Mo
    Size for android (1 table): : about 50/100 Mo

15. shredingskin

shredingskin

Hello, Loving the asset, is fantastic.
    I have some questions;
    -I've copied the p_Mission_Bumper_x1_KickBack from the demo scene.
    The kickback does work, but it doesn't get deactivated after one use (even if the led is off).
    Any ideas what could be wrong ?
    -Also, what does debug camera toggle do ? I don't see any changes in the editor while I'm using it.
    -The camera gizmos are only for copying the rotation and I manage the distance from the script right ?
    - If I want to create mini scenes with the asset the way to go is just using a hole and putting it in the place I want the ball to be right ?

Many thanks for making the asset, amazing stuff !

16. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,

Do not copy a mission from one scene to another scene. If you want to learn how to easily create mission read Mission Creator Module page 33 in Pinball_Documentation_Part1.pdf

Debug camera toggle is used to change the location of cameras.

If you want to change the position of cameras:
    -In hierarchy tab select Pivot_Cam ( G_Game_Camera > Pivot_Cam )
    - Check Debug Cam View box

Im_01.jpg

-Press play bouton

Im_02.jpg

-Change Cam 1 pos Y and Cam 1 pos Z .

Im_03.jpg

-When you are satisfied with the position, note the 2 values on a paper (Cam 1 pos Y and Cam 1pos Z)
    -Press again play bouton to stop

-Report the values in Cam 1 pos Y and Cam 1pos Z.
    Im_03.jpg
    - Uncheck Debug Cam View box
    -Now press play to test the new position
    -If you change Cam 1 you must report the value in Pivot_Cam Transform too ( not if you change cam2,3 or 4)

Im_04.jpg

Hope it helps

shredingskin likes this.
  17. DoKannon

DoKannon

Hi dudes , which is the right size to make a background for the table?? thankz

PD:Sorry about my english

18. DoKannon

DoKannon

yep :)

19. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,
    Uvs are available on texture files.
    For more information read Documention Part 1 FAQ section 6: "How to modify pinball Illustration ( cabinet, playfield, leds..)"

20. GammaBadger

GammaBadger

Hi,

Are there a plans to upgrade to the Universal Render Pipeline? If not

21. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,
    Here is a pdf that will allow you to convert your Pinball Creator project into Universal Render Pipeline

Attached Files:

GammaBadger and schmosef like this.
  22. ftejada

ftejada

Hi @Tropical-Studio !
    Do you have a version of your asset and its materials prepared for HDRP ???

Regards

23. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,
    There is no HDRP ready to use version.
    Here a step by step PDF to convert easily Pinball Creator to HDRP

Attached Files:

ftejada likes this.
  24. ftejada

ftejada

Ok. Thanks!!

Tropical-Studio likes this.
  25. kholera

kholera

I am working with this asset and was wondering why objects cannot be moved during play. I wanted to try moving ramps up and down, or replacing them with other objects, for example, but it does not seem to allow position updates during play. If I pause the game and use the editor window to drag an object across the board, the object will appear to move in the editor, but once I unpause the game, the object will revert back to its previous position. What is the reason that objects cannot be moved during play? Is this something that can be disabled? Thank you.

26. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,
    It is not possible to animate an object if it is "Static".
    To solve the problem:
    -Click on the triangle icon.
    -Uncheck "Batching static"

Static.jpg

kholera likes this.
  27. kholera

kholera

Thank you very much for clarifying.

If I may ask, is there a reason that the default is to set them to static?

Also, a second question: I have noticed that if I pause the game in editor, select and translate the pinball, then resume game, that the game's framerate suffers heavily. Do you know why this happens? Thank you.

28. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,
    1- This allows a better optimization of the framerate
    2-I'm not sure to understand what you do but :
    there are a lot of possible reasons that make the framerate slow down: number of lights / objects / tris / shadows ...

schmosef likes this.
  29. jbizzy129

jbizzy129

Hello I have 2 questions. If I wanted to create my own led shapes, example a shape like lightning or fire, would i have to create the FBX models first in a modeling program, then edit the PSD files in photoshop? I am confused. I'm looking for something like this

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/...ecals-overlays/9232/insert-decal-set-for-fire

My next question is if i have the ball in a tube that is a complete circle. How can i insure that the ball will move counterclockwise, ie rigidbody addforce? I want to force the ball to move clockwise continuously but do not know how

BallFoward.png

30. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,

To create your own shapes of leds, you must modify the PSD files Included in the asset.
    For more informations read Pinball_Documentation_Part1 :
    - 06° How to modify pinball illustration (cabinet, playfield, leds ...)
    - 01° How to customize led sprite

About the second question:
    Sorry but what you want is not available because it's not possible to add force to control the ball.

31. cmf2k3

cmf2k3

Yo. I'm working on making a Touhou-themed Pinball table using this engine, but I've ran into a slight hiccup. You see, I want my table to have a mission format akin to Zen Pinball/Pinball FX, where you complete one primary mission to trigger one of multiple sub missions. Once you complete all of the sub missions, you unlock a final grand mission referred to as "Wizard Mode". I got the primary mission set up, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to make completing it trigger one of the sub missions. How exactly do you do that, if at all possible?

32. kholera

kholera

Hello and thank you for responding. For #1, could you answer whether or not it is doable to turn off static settings on the pinball table pieces? I would like to be able to move them mid-game, and want to ensure that this won't either crash or cause drastic problems with playing the game.

As for the performance hit, the only thing I did was load the demo table in editor (octopus), start the game, pause it, select the ball object, translate it using the translate tool, and then resume the game. After doing so, my framerate plummeted from full-speed to a noticeable stagger, around 10-20fps. I don't have any play problems normally, so I am not sure why this would be. Could you offer any insights? I am on unity 2019.3.12f1 on windows 10 x64.

33. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,
    Sorry but this feature is not available in Pinball Creator

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  34. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,
    If you want to deactivate static:
    -Select your object.
    -In the right corner of Inspector tab click on arrow icon.
    -Uncheck batching static.

About the second point:
    Sorry but I do not understand.
    Can you explain to me what reason you pause the game and then translate the ball with the translate tool.

35. kholera

kholera

Thanks for replying. As for point two, in this case it was that I wanted to test how the ball would respond to translation. My interest is in adding my own code and objects which would, in-game, move the ball by a constant amount, ie. making an elevator which, when the ball goes inside of it, lifts the ball up to a higher platform, or a grabber arm that grabs the ball and moves it to another location before then dropping it. Is this sort of thing supported in pinball creator through translation, or is it something that would have to be done purely as an animation, perhaps deleting the ball from scene, showing an animation of the ball moving, and then re-instantiating it at the new location? I do not want to attempt to make this work by pure physics, as this would be difficult to control the desired effect.

Also, I have been interested in objects being not static so that they would be able to be moved during the game. For example, I would like to move a wall or ramp after the player presses a button on the game controller. This is just one example. I see that bumpers, for example, can be moved at runtime without a problem. On other objects, however, I am able to select the entire piece, for example, p_board_turn_90_03B, but when I try to translate it, the collider moves, but the 3D objects do not. Is this something that can be changed or is the position of the visible part of some objects set and not able to change at runtime? Thank you for this answer.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  36. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,
    Ok, I understand what you want to do.
    Unfortunately, currently this features is not available in Pinball Creator.
    On the other hand by using the holes and the targets, I think that you can manage to create a gameplay close to what you want to do.

37. cmf2k3

cmf2k3

I've got another issue with the package. I'm adding a vertical mini-playfield to my table right on top of the LCD screen. The only problem is that the camera is finnicky, and only goes foward and back and not up and down. I believe I can remedy this by adding in some code within the source code files that creates a seperate camera similar to the plunger camera just for the mini-playfield. However, I have no clue exactly how to do that. Any tips?

38. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,

Sorry but the system is not designed to do what you want.
    You can try out the Focus Camera system (Pinball_Documentation_Part2.pdf section 5.5 Create a new Focus Cam page 55).
    This will create a fixed camera at the location of your mini-playfield.

39. cmf2k3

cmf2k3

I tried that, but the Focus Cam system is super confusing, and no matter how I orient the cam, I can't seem to get it to go to the vertical mini-playfield

40. manicmambo

manicmambo

Hello, I'm considering to buy it but I have a couple of newbie questions:

1. Can I learn Pinball Creator straight from the documentation or do I need basic Unity skills first?

2. Is it possible to turn the table sideways and play in locked cabinet view? I think it was requested here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/released-pinball-creator.426338/page-9#post-4552315

3. I've probably seen some tables made with Creator but it always seems to me the ball is flying around very fast when hit by the flippers. I'm thinking of some slower EM games - is it possible to adjust elasticity, friction, flipper speed, table angle, etc. ?

41. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,
    First thank you for interest about Pinball Creator :)

1. Can I learn Pinball Creator straight from the documentation or do I need basic Unity skills first?
    Pinball Creator doesn’t need coding skills but it will be easier to start if you have some Unity basic skills.

2. Is it possible to turn the table sideways and play in locked cabinet view? I think it was requested here

3. I've probably seen some tables made with Creator but it always seems to me the ball is flying around very fast when hit by the flippers. I'm thinking of some slower EM games - is it possible to adjust elasticity, friction, flipper speed, table angle, etc. ?

For question 2 and 3. Pinball Creator is not designed to recreate real pinball and/or real physics. The asset is designed to have fun creating Pinball using the included physics and parameters without coding knowledge.

If you want to use the asset you have to consider you will use the ball feeling included in the asset.

42. Archmaster7

Archmaster7

I'm having difficulty importing the project. When I import it I get these errors:

The referenced script (Unknown) on this Behaviour is missing!

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'sc_Roll_Over_Metal_zl') is missing!

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'sc_Roll_Over_Metal_zl') is missing!

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    switchMech.Start () (at Assets/Pinball Creator/Assets/Script/Mechanics/Switch/switchMech.cs:23)

switchMech.Start () (at Assets/Pinball Creator/Assets/Script/Mechanics/Switch/switchMech.cs:23)

Spinner_LapCounter.Start () (at Assets/Pinball Creator/Assets/Script/Mechanics/Spinner/Spinner_LapCounter.cs:29)

There are no audio listeners in the scene. Please ensure there is always one audio listener in the scene

I've tried Unity 2020.3.0F1 and 2019.4.21f1 with no success.

43. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,

I tested on version 2020.3.1f1 and it works for me.

Pinball Creator is a complete projects.

Follow this step by step to import Pinball Creator:
    1 Create a new empty project
    2 Import the asset
    3 When the pop window appears : "Importing a complete project will overwrite your current project setting..."
    Click "Import" button

Im_Pinball_01.jpg

4 When the pop window appears : "The unity Package has Package Manager dependencies"
    Click "Skip" button

Im_Pinball_02.jpg

44. PinblendStudios

PinblendStudios

Hello, I am getting close to finishing my first table using this software, which is absolutely amazing by the way, I have run into very little issues with it even though I know nothing about actual coding. I do have a question, I have absolutely no idea how to implement an online leaderboard, I assume I’d have to pay a 3rd party server to host it but I have no clue where to even begin on something like that. Does anyone have any suggestions, links, websites, or ideas I could go about implementing this into the title? Any help is greatly appreciated, my table looks pretty sweet I can’t wait to share it with the world soon, would be a shame if I can’t get the online leaderboard going. I know steam has some sort of leaderboard I don’t know anything about it but if the game will be on steam maybe that’s an option? It’s my first title release and I’m still doing the paperwork for steam so I don’t know much about it

45. dubois121

dubois121

strong offset between the axes of displacement and the object.
    how to recenter the axes (x, y, z) on the object ?
    77.jpg

46. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,

- Extract the objects that are in the g_Pinball_Backbox_Cabinet group

im01.jpg

-Move the pivot of g_Pinball_Backbox_Cabinet so that it is in the middle of the table

im02.jpg

- Put the elements back in the g_Pinball_Backbox_Cabinet group

im03.jpg

Regards

dubois121 likes this.
  47. PinblendStudios

PinblendStudios

Releases on August 18th in the steam store. Still working on trying to get the steam leaderboards going before the release.

48. jbizzy129

jbizzy129

I created my own table with your asset and for some reason the plunger does work at the start of the ball, but when the ball drains and the it says ""ball saved" the ball is not automatically being shot by the plunger, I have to manually pull the plunger back to shoot the ball for a (SAVED BALL). Can you tell me anything that would cause the plunger not to shoot the ball (saved ball) and even when I test multiball, the balls are spawned but not shot automatically out of the plunger.

49. jbizzy129

jbizzy129

I found that the answer on my new table, my plunger was set high, but I had to move the MULTI-BALL OBJECT higher to match the height of my plunger, this is where the balls are forced forward after a respawn on BALL SAVE and multi-ball

50. PinblendStudios

PinblendStudios

i am working on my second table, and i am having an issue, when i run a multiball mission and the mission ends (all the balls drain out), the camera sticks to a behind the table viewpoint, a little bit lower than the view when you pull the plunger, and when the plunger is pulled and the next ball is ejected the camera stays in that lower view. Pressing the camera button "c" also does not switch camera views anymore when this occurs. Multiball is essentially breaking the camera, i saw this happen a few times when building my first table but it didn't happen very often so i didn't care to much, but on my second table its happening pretty frequently.

Any help would be appreciated.