Search Unity

[RELEASED] Pinball Creator

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Tropical-Studio, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

[/QUOTE]

Hi Lostdogg,

I explain how to launch an ad on ''next table'' button but you can start ads with any button.
    To launch an ad from a button you need :
    1 - The script UI_Buttons attached to your button.
    2 - Call the function ShowDefaultAd() inside the Onclick button section (Inspector)

2. lostdogg

lostdogg

I just started working on my first table with 1.7, following the documentation and I'm stuck already. Not sure if this is user error or a 1.7 error.

Following the documentation from "Pinball Documentation Part 2"
    1.3 Setup the material on your scene
    1.3.a Select the gameObject MobileToDesktop on the Hierarchy.
    1.3.b Choose the path for the material.
    - First write the path inside Folder Desktop Material and Folder Mobile Materials params.
    We want to use the materials inside folder Global 1 :
    The path for Folder Desktop Material is :
    Assets/Pinball Creator/Assets/Materials/Global 1/Materials_Desktop/
    The path for Folder Mobile Materials is :
    Assets/Pinball Creator/Assets/Materials/Global 1/Materials_Mobile/
    - Then Clic on button Validation to update the folder path(pic 2)
    If you want to use desktop materials :
    Press button MobileToDesktop. (Pic 1)
    If you want to use mobile materials :
    Press button DesktopToMobile. (Pic 2

I'm not seeing Folder Desktop Materials/Folder Mobile Materials parameters. Not sure if this is because of the compiler errors shown on the script or if that is a separate issue.

Screenshot attached.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Steve

Attached Files:

3. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi Steve,
    I am unable to reproduce your issue.
    First of all you need to fix the error that you could see on Console view.
    Do you modify the script UIButtons.cs ?
    Do you make an update from Pinball Creator 1.5 to 1.7 ?

Could you recreate a project with Pinball 1.7 to see if you have the same issue.

You could send me an e-mail.

Best regards.
    Marc

4. shvmr

shvmr

Hi guys. Just bought this yesterday, so starting to learn this now. Ran into a few things though. The flippers have another problem if you use the shift keys. Changing the keys to z and / work a lot better. I've been doing this for 20 years with Visual Pinball and then Future Pinball, so it's a major learning experience for me.
    Still, I am writing my experience out on my website, others are looking for a alternative as well, and well, you can't get better people to try out a pinball product than people who eat, breath and sleep pinball. Hence I'm a bit honest with my opinions, but then a lot of the members are less knowledgeable about building/scripting etc, and they need to know as well. here's the link:

http://www.pinballnirvana.com/forums/showthread.php?p=110436#post110436

I'm sure there's some very easy answers from you, but you have to remember, no experience in Unity, no experience in PC, no experience in the scripting language, and a completely different way to use a editor than what I am use to.

You guys really should have at least some sort of website happening here. If you wish, we can set you up at Pinball Nirvana, far better resources and capabilities than here. Been around for 18 years, Proper forum system (VBulletin) uploads and downloads, pretty much unlimited bandwidth and storage, computer and arcade guys hang out, as well as all the members from the VP and FP communities. We can pretty much create anything, from boards to categories for downloads, special permissions and memberships for the devs, other programs like a wiki etc.
    Just ask if you need the space

5. lostdogg

lostdogg

It was a new 1.7 project. I'll just try again as I hadn't gone past the setting up the project steps.

6. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

ok :)

7. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi p_d_sanderson,

Thank you for your feedback. I read your topic on your forum and it is interesting for us.

As you mentioned in your feedback, we can open a page to discuss about pinball creator. Everyone can ask questions or submit their own créations.

On your post you say that the inputs modifications on the editor is not effective on the build.

1- Check if you have save the scene before generate the build.
    Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 17.20.01.jpg

2- Check if the scene you use is setup Build Settings tab :
    - Open : Edit -> Build Settings
    - Drag and your scene from the project tab the first position on “Scene In Build”
    Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 17.19.43.jpg

Attached Files:

8. shvmr

shvmr

Thanks, loading that one in the image and saving it then reloading works. It's the two demos that don't. Load them up, they both use the changed keys, but still revert back to ctrl.

9. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,
    It works for me. What is the name of the scene that doesn't work for you.

By default we use for the build the scenes : (spot 1)
    LCD Full UI
    MM_Table_01
    MM_Table_02
    MM_Table_03

You find these scenes on Project tab : Pinball Creator -> Demo -> Main Menu (spot 2)

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 08.37.24.jpg

For Example if you want to change inputs on scene MM_Table_01 :
    - Open the scene
    - On hierarchy select gameObject "Manager_Game" (spot 1)
    - On the Inspector Change the inputs (spot 2)
    - Save the scene
    - Now you can create a build.

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 08.39.44.jpg

If you want to test an other scene. For example : Demo_Table_01_Desktop
    (Project tab : Pinball Creator -> Demo -> )
    - Open the scene
    - Change the inputs
    - Go to the build settings (edit -> build settings)
    - Remove the scenes you find on “Scenes in Build”
    - Drag and drop the “Demo_Table_01_Desktop” inside “Scenes In Build”
    - Then press button "build"

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 08.37.51.jpg

10. shvmr

shvmr

I will try it the second method, see if that one works. Having some problems with Unity itself though, as I get the new project box no editor comes up thing (apparently it's been a bug for a couple years) and it has crashed a couple times. Now it's rebuilding everything again. sigh, kind of expect a bit better than that with such a high end program.
    At the moment, just seeing how easy it is to build a table without using the manual (like a lot of people in my pinball community would do) as it's easier to do things visually.
    Oh, about our website, I will be configuring a few things, and setting up boards and download section. Your a pretty small community, the VP community is in the hundred thousands, FP is around 50000 off and on, so I'm open to suggestions on categories and board names. Thinking "General", "Tables", "Releases" would be a good start, we can add and resort everything as needed.

Oh, you use .psd files for textures? How nice, I can contribute something pretty quickly then... :)
    http://shiva.pinballnirvana.com/files/index.php?twg_album=psd-masters

11. Topogram

Topogram

I have a couple of pre-purchase questions.

1). Is it possible to resize/re-position the LCD/DMD display. I am hoping to put it on a second monitor.

2). Is it possible to use different 3D models/images and sounds than included in the package on the tables? I’m interested in trying to reproduce an existing table from the 1990s.

3). Is there anyway to read the documentation before buying so I can see if this does everything I hope it can?

12. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello,

I am working on some tables myself, I am a satisfied user of this asset :)
    I am pretty sure
    1) yes
    and I am totally sure because I already did it myself
    2) yes, everything that unity can render like for example FBX models and of Course Images.

Tropical-Studio likes this.
  13. shvmr

shvmr

Topogram: if the devs are okay with this, and as you are already a member at Pinball Nirvana, I can load in the two manuals in our download section for you and other members there who are interested in Pinball Creator. The manuals are very extensive, very good documentation, especially compared to VP and FP

Topogram likes this.
  14. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,

p_d_sanderson : We are ok. You can put the documentation (the two PDFs) on your download section.

Topogram :
    1). Yes. it is possible to resize/re-position the LCD/DMD display. (You need some simple code to use multiple display. ) You will find information you want about how to display a camera on the monitor here :
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/MultiDisplay.html

2). Yes. You could use your own models, images, and sounds.

Pinball Creator is not focus on reproducing existing tables. There is a lots of ready to use missions (450+ missions) and it’s easy to customise them. But we could not guaranty that you find exactly the one you are looking for.

Topogram likes this.
  15. Topogram

Topogram

@p_d_sanderson: That would be great to add to PN (I’m a recent new user - it’s great). I think I’m going to buy the asset but having the documentation available before purchase may help push others to buy it if they’re on the fence.

@Tropical-Studio: Excellent. You have a new customer!

Tropical-Studio likes this.
  16. Topogram

Topogram

StevenPicard likes this.
  17. shvmr

shvmr

Since a couple members here have shown interest in Pinball Creator, I have uploaded the Pinball Creator manual that comes with the Unity asset at purchase. This is a 2 part manual, and is quite extensive (certainly better than VP and FP's manuals).

I'm sure there are a few people lurking here that are interested in this product. You can find the manuals at this download page:

http://www.pinballnirvana.com/forums...o=file&id=5319

As well, Pinball Nirvana has it's own forum board now, and we have started a master FAQ thread to supply basic info for anyone that needs help getting started, using the site, as well as point out resources to help build tables. That is here:

http://www.pinballnirvana.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13770

18. shvmr

shvmr

Oh congrats Topogram. Going to be a interesting experience with two newbies learning this. Now hurry up, make a couple tables and upload them into PN. That one table sure looks lonely there.

19. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Yes Im also hoping it will be ported to c#.
    I know there are some tools that can convert java to c

20. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

We have plan to convert Pinball Creator scripts to c# but for the moment i have no release date.

Firlefanz73 and Topogram like this.
  21. PsychoPsam

PsychoPsam

Hi,

I'm assessing this for my students, as you know. Firstly I just wanted to say home impressed I am with your tutorial process. It makes it very easy to set up a game from scratch.

However, I ran into an issue (maybe I misunderstood). It's when I duplicate a mission.
    I did change the index on the duplicate but when I play the game the lights cycle from one group then the other and the targets seem to be linked. I expected that one group only affected the one mission target, and the other group affected the second mission target.

I then check yours as explained in the tut if I ran into a problem...
    ...and it had the same issue.

So my question is, how do I make target groups independent of each other so I can have separate drop targets for separate missions please?

22. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,

We made great efforts on documentations so we’re happy to see that you notice it :) .

By default mission are setup to be stopped if an other mission starts its part 2.

If you want your mission could progress even if an other mission is in its part 2, uncheck the box B_Pause_MissionMode on the Inspector.

1- Select your mission : Spot 1
    2- Uncheck the box B_Pause_MissionMode

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 14.30.36.jpg

I have test the scene and it work as it expects on my computer.

In this example, there are two missions :
    - Mission blue (two targets for Part 1 and one target for Part 2)
    - Mission green (two targets for Part 1 and one target for Part 2)

For example, if you hit the two targets (A end B) the mission 1 part 2 starts.
    Until you drop the target (C) mission 1 part 2 or if you lose the ball the mission 2 is paused (mission progression is stopped).

When the mission is finished the other missions restart from there states before the pause.

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 14.25.10.jpg

Hope it helps :)

PsychoPsam likes this.
  23. PixelHugMe

PixelHugMe

Edit: Never mind I just saw that someone reported the exact same thing just a couple of posts before mine! I understand now.

Original message:

I'm going through the first tutorial - I think there might be an issue with the mission indexes. I followed the tutorial but found that the two missions seemed to be 'linked', as if they weren't being treated as individual missions. I double checked and my mission indexes were 0 and 1. I tried the Tuto1_End scene and had the same problem!

Here's the weird thing, I set both missions to mission index 0, and it worked properly

24. PixelHugMe

PixelHugMe

I'm a bit confused by the 'Hole' prefab missions. I've tested all of them, and all that happens is the ball enters the hole, respawns on top of the hole, renters the hole, repeat for infinity. How am I supposed to use these prefab missions, do they require additional setup?

25. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

How Hole works :
    Step 1 : When a ball enter on collision with sc_Hole (pic 1) the ball is captured.
    Step 2 : Then ball is ejected by Spawn_Hole using his position and Z direction (pic 2).

Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 09.37.16.jpg

In the prefabs sc_Hole and Spawn_Hole are at the same position so move the gameObject Spawn_Hole where you want on table.

Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 09.34.12.jpg

You find more information about Hole on documentation Part 2 section Hole. (End of page 29 and page 30)
    Hope it helps.

26. PixelHugMe

PixelHugMe

Thanks for the detailed response! I haven't actually got to documentation part 2, so I apologise for jumping-the-gun! :)

That makes sense, I assume it's the same with the mission prefabs, as that would explain the issue.

27. jbizzy129

jbizzy129

I like this asset. Is their any way you the develepor can make a blank table that is a little wider and longer but with the same flipper size.

28. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi jbizzy129,

For the moment you can scale a little the cabinet ( p_Pinball_BackBox_Cabinet)
    CAUTION : don't scale:
    _p_Insert_Coin
    _p_Auto_Bouton_Plunger
    _p_Flipper_Button_Left
    _p_Flipper_Button_Left

We will try to create a larger cabinet in a future update.

29. PsychoPsam

PsychoPsam

30. PsychoPsam

PsychoPsam

Thanks. Yes that worked for me. Now the missions are decoupled.

31. Riffel

Riffel

Firlefanz73 and Tropical-Studio like this.
  32. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

33. PsychoPsam

PsychoPsam

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out multi ball. It said it only works on a rollover. Which mission or tut demonstrates the multi ball feature please?

Also, as I'm putting this in VR - how can I disable the camera follow so the user decides where to look?

Andy H.

34. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi Andy,

Multiball :

Ready to use multiball missions are on folder : Pinball Creator -> Assets -> Prefabs -> Missions -> z_Missions_Special_MultiBall

The first part of the mission could be Bumper, Hole, Rollover, Spinner or Target
    The second part of the mission must be rollovers.

VR Cam :
    Deactivate or delete the gameObject G_Game_Camera on the Hierarchy.
    Then add your own VR Camera.

PsychoPsam likes this.
  35. Andreas12345

Andreas12345

Looks great.
    Have you a Linux and GL Demo? I like to play/dev this for my Raspberry PI 3 Pinball Arcade Cabinet.
    Before i buy i need to test it on my System. Simple Demo is enough.

36. PsychoPsam

PsychoPsam

Hi again,

Well the VR is going great guns and I've mapped an arcade cab similar to the one in the link to VR and it runs really well. I'm just trying to figure out how to override tilt and the plunger. I have set it so tilt is providing x and y values on Joystick Axis 1 and 2 (from an accelerometer), and the plunger when drawn back is on Joystick Axis 3 (from OZstick). How can I update the code to use those values please?

I assume controlling the plunger is something to do with the spring joint but I can't find the exact point where holding the Enter key slowly increases tension on the spring.

VR Cab example:
    https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/d7F.../chorus_image/image/49213465/IMG_1881.0.0.JPG

Plunger example:
    http://www.ozstick.com.au/product/virtual-pinball-encoder/

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  37. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

It is not possible for the moment to use Joystick Axis values for nudge and plunger (value from 0 to 1) . It is only possible to use Joystick buttons (Value 0 or 1)

(You could look at section Gamepad on documentation part 2)

Nudge with Joystick inputs are manage in Manager_Game : line 465 to 534.
    Project tab : Pinball Creator -> Assets -> Scripts -> Manager_Game -> Manager_Game

The script is on gameObject Manager_Game on the Hierarchy.

Plunger is manage in Spring_Launcher
    Project tab : Pinball Creator -> Assets -> Scripts -> Mechanics -> Spring_Launcher -> Spring_Launcher

The script is on gameObject sc_Spring on the Hierarchy.

38. PsychoPsam

PsychoPsam

I think this line here could add a modifier from Axis 3 me thinks....

rb_Ball.AddForce(transform.forward*_Spring_Force*tmp_Spring_Force*tmp_Spring_Force, ForceMode.VelocityChange);

something like...
    var plungerPos = Input.GetAxis("Axis 3"); // assigned to joystick axis 3 in Input Manager - my plunger input
    rb_Ball.AddForce(transform.forward*_Spring_Force*tmp_Spring_Force*tmp_Spring_Force*plungerPos, ForceMode.VelocityChange);

and this line...
    transform.localPosition.z = Mathf.MoveTowards(transform.localPosition.z, Spring_Max_Position, 15 * Time.deltaTime);

could be changed to something like...
    var plungerPos = Input.GetAxis("Axis 3"); // assigned to joystick axis 3 in Input Manager - my plunger input
    transform.localPosition.z = Mathf.MoveTowards(transform.localPosition.z, plungerPos, 15 * Time.deltaTime);

for nudge this could be the place to add the accelerometer force from axis 1 and 2
    function Ball_Shake(Direction : Vector3){
    if(rb)rb.AddForce(Direction*Shake_Force, ForceMode.VelocityChange);
    }

so something like...
    function Ball_Shake(Direction : Vector3){
    var someScalar = 2.0f; // would need to be tested clamped
    var upDirection = GetAxis("Axis 2") * someScalar;
    var sideDirection = GetAxis("Axis 1") * someScalar;
    var directionVector = new Vector3 (0, sideDirection, upDirection);
    if(rb)rb.AddForce(directionVector*Shake_Force, ForceMode.VelocityChange);
    }

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  39. PsychoPsam

PsychoPsam

Actually it looks like the section on Gamepad is the way to go as the plunger and accelerometer are basically Xbox inputs, unless they are not analogue values?

Oh it looks like it is binary...

function F_InputGetButton(){ // use Edit -> Project Settings -> Input for Flippers
    _GetButton = true;
    }

But I could make a F_InputGetAxis() function instead - hmm - looking at it I should just HAX it with a bool to override the code (as mentioned in the previous reply) if I want analogue inputs instead so the code still supports buttons.

40. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

I said :
    It is not possible for the moment to use Joystick Axis values for nudge and plunger (value from 0 to 1) . It is only possible to use Joystick buttons (Value 0 or 1).
    because by default it is not possible without scripting modifications in the code :)

But yes your solution sound great.

On the documentation i use XBox 360 gamepad in example because it is a common gamepad. But it is possible to use the button you want.
    If you want you could create new inputs on the Input manager using the axis you need.
    Then you could use this new inputs in your code as you mention in your other post.

41. PsychoPsam

PsychoPsam

okay cool - hope you don't mind if I HAX your code :D

42. PsychoPsam

PsychoPsam

I got it to work with the plunger :D I've found that quite often the ball gets stuck in the scene having moved so quickly it passed through geometry. How can I delete the ball and force a ball saved when this happens so the player keep their score?

43. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

If you use VR you need to optimize your scene to avoid ball passed through geometry.
    All you need for optimizations instructions are included in documentation.
    Optimization for mobile are the same as VR.

PsychoPsam likes this.
  44. PsychoPsam

PsychoPsam

Thanks I'll work through it.

45. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Pinball Creator as a part of the Unity Mega Sales is 30% off until December 8th :)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  46. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi there,

Pinball 2.0 is now available on the asset store.

New : All scripts are now in C#.
    New : Module to create missions easily.

Don’t forget to make a copy of your project before updating to 2.0 ;)
    It is possible to convert your table but you need to make it manually.
    Read documentation What’s new 2.0.

Here a picture of the Missions Creator Module (Hope you like it :)) :
    Mission_Creator.jpg

Attached Files:

Lars-Steenhoff and Firlefanz73 like this.
  47. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Thanks for the update :)

48. imgumby

imgumby

Cool...Was wondering what "Missions" were..will have to play with it later...thanks for the illumination..:)

49. shvmr

shvmr

Thank you. I have been remiss in keeping up, but my computer is back up and running now that I finally got rid of Win10, so will give this a real good look. as I just mentioned on my website, the C# is a bit scary, but the mission creator really interests me.

50. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

I would like to make a 2d pinball game like this one

Were you can switch between stages according to trigger points, this should be possible right?