Search Unity

[RELEASED] Pinball Creator

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Tropical-Studio, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

We are very late but as soon as we have a release date for the update we will of course keep you informed. :confused:

2. Magic73

Magic73

I just bought it, but I got two compiler errors (Unity 5.6.0f3):

Assets/Standard Assets/Effects/ImageEffects/Scripts/BloomOptimized.cs(9,35): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `PostEffectsBase' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Standard Assets/Effects/ImageEffects/Scripts/BloomOptimized.cs(42,30): error CS0115: `UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.BloomOptimized.CheckResources()' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

3. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi Magic73,
    You need to import Standards assets / effects in your project.
    For more informations please read " configuring the project" page 3 in the "Pinball Documentation Part1.pdf" (find it in documentation folder ).

4. mayaweug

mayaweug

The Asset looks great! Does it come with a menuscene already setup?

5. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,
    Actually there is a simple menu scene with start , pause, quit button.
    But there is no menu scene to choose between different pinball table .

6. Jahnbt

Jahnbt

Hi, First of all great work on the asset!!! Having fun with it.
    I am trying to make a pinball game and I have a small problem.
    Opening the "Tips_4" scene, I run the game after I configured all I want. My problem is that I am getting an error from mission "01_Bumper_x3" telling me that:
    "SendMessage Bump1 has no receiver!
    UnityEngine.GameObject:SendMessage(String, Object)
    Bumper_js:OnCollisionEnter(Collision) (at Assets/Pinball Creator/Assets/Scripts/Mechanics/Bumper/Bumper_js.js:51) "

As I read the documentation, I think that this mean that there is no Parent Mission Connected. But I cannot see where my mistake is. Can you elaborate a bit on this? The other mission in this scene seems to work perfectly.
    What is this receiver that I miss??
    Thank you in advance.

7. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi Jahnampetis,

As you could see on next picture :
    Spot 1 :Select gameObject ''sc_Bumper_A_01'' and check if gameObject ''01_Bumper x3'' is connected to the script Bumper_js .

Do the same check for ''sc_Bumper_A_02'' (spot 2) and ''sc_Bumper_A_03'' (spot 3).

It should solve your problem.

:)
    Bumper.png

8. Jahnbt

Jahnbt

Thanks for the fast response.
    The thing is I had it like that, nevertheless I redid it to check if it got fixed.
    Sadly the same thing happen
    upload_2017-5-5_13-35-31.png

9. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Ok,
    Bumper1 has no receiver mean that you are trying to call the function Bumper1 but this function doesn't exist.
    As you could see on my last picture the variable ''Function to call'' is set to ''Counter''. Counter is a function used for the mission progression on script Mission_Start.js.

If you want to use bumper outside a mission set Parent_Manager -> Size to 0
    Or replace your the value ''Bumper1'' to ''Counter'' as you could see on my last picture.

Note : You could call the function you want with ''Function to call'' but this function need to exist on a script attached to the gameObject you've set on Parent_Manager

Hope it help you :)

Jahnbt likes this.
  10. Jahnbt

Jahnbt

Oh yes, that was the issue... Thanks a lot :D
    The problem was that when I installed the plugin , in a lot of fields instead of having words, like "Counter" it had long numbers. and that confused me.
    Thanks again!!

Tropical-Studio likes this.
  11. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

There we go :) ,
    We have submitted the new version for Pinball Creator (v1.6). We hope it will be able in a few day.

Pinball Creator v1.6 :
    - Improve compatibility with Unity 5.6
    - New 2D Orthographic Camera (here a video )
    - Some other adjustment.

Firlefanz73 and Trevinburgh like this.
  12. Trifecta

Trifecta

Awesome. Do you have an idea on when you will include machine selection?

13. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

We are very busy at this moment but we will try to add this for the beginning of summer:)

14. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,

Pinball Creator 1.6 is now available. :)

°°° UPDATE 1.6 °°°
    Improve compatibilty to Unity 5.6
    New 2D orthographic camera

15. pietervdb

pietervdb

Hey just bought this gem of a software!! Thank you for developing! I am new to Unity and I think this asset is well documented.

I wonder: how can I change the player controls? When I change it in the normal setup screen when launching the game this won't work only in the ingame manager.

1. How can I make the game read the settings through the config input when launching the game?
    2. Also I tested the engine on my pinball arcade I have built. This runs on vista and I have dx11 but I want to run in dx9. Is this also possible to run the game automatically in dx9?
    3. Are you planning a website with more resources or community downloads? This will help us learn and built/share pinballs.

These are basic unity questions I think but maybe someone can help me out?

Many thanks and looking forward to more updates!

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  16. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi Pietervdb,

1 - The config input when you launch the game refers to Unity InputManager (Edit-> Project Settings -> Input)
    By default Pinball Creator doesn't use it but we explain how to setup your inputs with the Unity InputManager
    on ''Pinball_Documentation_Part2.pdf'' section ''Gamepad''

2 - I'm not completly sure but (with the default Unity build) if your graphic doesn't support DX11 game automaticaly starts on DX9.
    Nevertheless you could delete the DX11 API from your build.
    As you could see on next picture :
    Spot 1 : Go to PlayerSettings (Edit-> Project Settings -> Player)
    Spot 2 : Uncheck ''Auto Graphic API for Windows''
    Spot 3 : Select Direct3D11
    Spot 4 : Press button ''-'' to delete DX11 from the build

02Dx9.png

3 - We have no plan for a website but we like your idea :)
    Don't hesitate to put screenshots or video of your pinball tables on this forum topic. We will be happy to see what you are creating with Pinball Creator.

17. healym

healym

Hi,

I've been going through the documentation, which is excellent, and having a fun time putting all the parts together on the table! However, is there any chance of you creating some tutorial videos that show the different sections from Documentation 2? I learn much faster by seeing someone use the tool and using the documentation mostly for reference. I did see that you have a little bit on your YouTube channel, but a more expanded version would be great!

18. pietervdb

pietervdb

Hi all,

Just made a quick video of me testing pinball creator on my home built arcade.

I built this arcade system myself and I also used 2 micro controllers to have 2 separate usb controllers. I made custom flipper buttons and also shake buttons to emulate the shaking functionality.
    I did not buy a standard usb controller but programmed it myself to work better with custom inputs.
    Also the wiring was done by me manually, this was fun to do but there are a lot of wires!

I plan to make my own pinball games for my home built arcade ofcourse. Nothing is cooler to show it to your friends.
    • remapped the plunger button to my down input from joystick
    • remapped shaking left right to my side buttons
    • remapped flippers to my side buttons
    • Using the USB keyboard programming of the controller board
    • Compiled for dx9 to gain speed/performance
    Ok have fun watching and sorry it was filmed in one shot!

Let me know what you think!

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    Firlefanz73 and Tropical-Studio like this.
  19. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

We are always really pleased to see what you are doing with Pinball Creator. Your arcade cabinet looks great.
    We are looking forward to see your Pinball creation :) .

20. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello,

First of all: thanks for the asset, I just started, it Looks great!

I bought this asset a time ago but had no time yet. I have now read the first tutorial and had a quick view on the 2nd one.

I have created my own start menu Scene that has 4 Buttons. Each button leads to a different pinball (in future), each one represents my current game I am working on or an older game (older hobby games, I am game developer for fun).

All are meant to work on PC (maybe universal if that is no Problem), and I would like to have them later on Android and maybe iOS and maybemaybe on PS4 (don't know, have no license yet).

They are meant to be Freeware I currently think.

A question how to start:
    Should I use the Scene "Start_Pinball" then? It seems to have all the useful Basics yet.
    Do I add all the Elements from prefabs into the MobileToDesktop / Table then?

One more optional Idea / thought:
    One game wass a boulder dash Close (Stones falling down if the earth under them was removed): Do we already have a prefab that gives Points on ball collide and that will be removed then or can sink down a bit and is removed then?

Thanks a lot. This seems to be great, can't wait to get my first pinball done :)

21. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello,

this is absolute fun. I started on my pinball "Xenidis 2" which is a Tribute to our old space shooter game.

I wanted to have a lot to shoot at. I copied the prefab "13_Bumper x2_Drop Target x10 No Order" to my table.

But then I decided to have both bumpers far away from each other and every bumper should have it's own LED arrow.

So I duplicated the LED arrow. But now only the first LED arrow is blinking. I found the Mission_Start script, where I have linked the one LED arrow, do I have a Chance to link both? I would like to have both of them blinking...

And I added the prefab "19_Spinner Hole". Can I have the hole activated each time by the spinner like it is, and have the hole collect three balls and then gimme a multiball? That would be great! I will have a look at the documentation, maybe I find that myself :)

Great asset! Will reward it with 5 stars now. Much fun to use it. Thanks a lot!

22. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

upload_2017-5-25_10-6-11.png
    This Screen shows my current table with duplicated LED arrow, also the spinner with the hole. Can't wait to start with the GFX later :)

PS: A Suggestion: What could be missing is a Music Manager? Which has a Default Music, and a Music for each Mission especially those triggered with a time span, and of Course a multiball Music, each a public audioclip or something like that.

I will add a simple one for myself, if anybody is interested to have it let me know. But I am using CS ;-)

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  23. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi Firlefanz73,

Thanks for review. We are pleased to see that you like Pinball Creator :) .

- You could start a pinball with scene "Start_Pinball". (Picture spot 1)--

- You're right. Drag and drop prefab on MobileToDesktop / Table. (Prefabs keep there scales and have good rotation with the pinball table) (picture spot 2)

- If you find ''_Tuto1_p_Demo_Mission'' delete it. (picture spot 3).

02.png

- It is not possible, at the moment, to use more than one arrow for the mission progression.

- For the moment, it only possible to start multi-ball if the second part of the mission are rollovers.

- It is possible to play a sound when a mission is complete but you're right there is no option to shut down the main music at the same time.

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  24. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Thanks for the info!

I want to have the camera moving when the first ball is not started yet. a 3D space shuttle fly away when the first ball is started, and want to trigger my own start a ball music and game over music (later hiscore).

Can you give me a hint, if there is a status variable, an event or something I can use / check for

- First ball started
    - Game over (last ball lost)
    - If possible Multiball started and ended

I can script myself. I normally use CS but Java should be no problem.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  25. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi Firlefanz73,

There is no flying camera for the moment. (add on the next update).

You could add your code here for :

First Ball Start :
    function InsertCoin_GameStart() : line 1016

Game Over
    function Gameplay
    Line 978

Start Multiball
    function F_Mission_MultiBall : line 1260

Stop Multiball
    function gamePlay : line 929

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  26. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Thanks a lot!

27. Mainatec

Mainatec

In the desktop version, is it possible to display the LCD in a separate monitor?
    Thank you

28. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi Mainatec,

Yes, it is possible to display the LCD in a separate monitor. You need to assign the LCD Camera to a second monitor.

You will find information about how to display a camera on the monitor you want here :
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/MultiDisplay.html

Best regards.

29. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Tronk made this with Pinball Creator.
    Show us your creations :)

30. PandaDriver

PandaDriver

Hi, thanks for this hreat asset.

I wonder, would it be possible to create an options screen that when a player is running the game, the player can choose in the options panel to change the grapic quality? LIke with the choices: simpel, good, beautiful, fantastic?

31. Insta_K1ller

Insta_K1ller

Hi,

-When will you guys release the next update?
    What features will it include?

Will it include Table selection/ Menu?

Tnx

32. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi PandaDriver,

This feature is not included on Pinball but i wrote a small script that could help you.
    The script allow you to select a graphic quality with a Dropdown UI.
    Bonus ;) : The last quality setting is saved on a playerPrefs.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    4. using UnityEngine.UI;
    6. public class ChooseQualitySettings : MonoBehaviour {
    8.     public Dropdown    drop_Global;
    10.     // Use this for initialization
    11.     void Start () {
    12.         _Global();
    13.     }
    15.     public void _Global(){
    16.         string[] names = QualitySettings.names;
    17.         List<string> _option = new List<string>();
    18.         for(int i = 0; i<names.Length ;i++){
    19.             _option.Add(names[i]);
    20.         }
    22.         drop_Global.ClearOptions();
    23.         drop_Global.AddOptions(_option);
    25.         if(PlayerPrefs.HasKey("Load_QualitySettings")){
    26.             drop_Global.value = PlayerPrefs.GetInt("Load_QualitySettings");
    27.         }
    28.         else{
    29.             PlayerPrefs.SetInt("Load_QualitySettings",QualitySettings.GetQualityLevel());
    30.             drop_Global.value = QualitySettings.GetQualityLevel();
    31.         }
    32.     }
    34.     public void F_SetQualitySettings(){
    35.         QualitySettings.SetQualityLevel(drop_Global.value, true);
    36.         PlayerPrefs.SetInt("Load_QualitySettings",drop_Global.value);
    37.     }
    38. }
    Do the next steps to integrate this script on your Pinball Creator project ;)

1 Create a dropdown on your scene (spot 1).
    (Component -> UI -> Dropdown)

2 Select the gameObject Canvas on the Hierachy

3 Drag and drop the script ChooseQualtySettings on gameObject Canvas. Or any gameObject you want on Hierarchy (spot 2)

4 Drag and drop the Dropdown (Hierarchy) to the empty slot drop_Global (spot 3)

Settings.png

Part 2 :
    - Select your Dropdown button (spot 1)
    - On the Inspector press button ''+'' on section ''On value Changed'' (spot 2)
    - Drag and drop the gameobject where you put the script ''ChooseQualtySettings'' (spot 3)
    - Choose the function ''F_SetQualitySettings()'' on list (spot 4)

10.png

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    Firlefanz73 likes this.
  33. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi Insta_K1ller,

We take vacation on july. Then we will work on the next update that include a menu to select tables and a local leaderboard that allow to save name and best score for each table.

Best regards

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  34. danpool

danpool

Hello Tropical Studio! I've been loving playing around with Pinball Creator. It's always been a dream of mine to make a video pinball machine since playing Monster Fair Pinball about 15 years or so ago. I'm having a little issue, though. I'm trying to make a wide format table similar to the wide format Williams tables. I have no problem editing the existing cabinet fbx and reimporting it. The issue I'm having is relocating the ball spawn point. At the beginning of the game, the ball starts out where the plunger was originally placed and not 40mm or so to the right where the plunger is on the wide format table. Looking forward to your answer.

Thanks,
    Dan

Edit: I'm using the prefab p_Plunger_Manual. I moved the entire prefab about 40mm to the right and the ball spawns in the original location.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  35. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

I Dan,

Happy to read that you like Pinball creator :) .

Check if the gameObject Plunger_Spawn is inside the plunger on your scene. see spot 1 on the next picture.

If you want to use multiball check if the gameObject Multi_Ball is inside the plunger on your scene. see spot 2 on the next picture.

You could open our demo scene to see the position of this gameObjects.

Respawn.png

36. danpool

danpool

Yes I had checked the plunger spawn location. It turns out that the problem isn't the horizontal position, but the vertical position. As soon as I put the plunger back to the original y position, the problem goes away. I am curious why this is, but I can live with it for now. I'm surprised there isn't a gate object like is found at the end of many plunger lanes on real world pinball machines (see below). DSC01840.JPG
    I found the switch object (p_Switch_01.prefab) which is similar, but allows the ball to pass in both directions, unlike a gate. At least that's what I think it supposed to do. Whenever a ball passes through it, the lever swings wildly coming to a rest away from its original position and rotated at an odd angle.

Capture.JPG

I'm a huge fan of this package. The code is clean and well commented. The documentation is very helpful. Keep up the great work.

Attached Files:

37. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

It looks like there are collisions between the rigidbody of your switch and the rigidbody of an other object on the playfield.

Check if you could move a little the switch to prevent the gameobject sc_Switch to be in collision with other playfield objects. (Spot1)

Respawn_02.png

The other positbility is to ignore collision between the switch and other object except the ball.

Go to Edit -> Project Settings -> Physics

Uncheck the box (spot 1) (collision between layer Switch and Default)

Respawn_03.png

38. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,

Pinball v1.7 is on approval :) .

Here the new features :
    UPDATE 1.7 :
    - New : Unity Ads ready to integrate
    - New : Main menu system (Choose between several tables)
    - New : Local leaderboard
    - New : Mesh Combiner V2

Insta_K1ller, Adrad and Firlefanz73 like this.
  39. deiong

deiong

hi I just bought this today and had a question. I read the pdf part 1 and opned up the Start_Pinball_Mobile scene. I click start and couldn't pull the lever or even make the paddles move. I had it set to ios and exported it to the ipad air 2 and it did nothing. I tried again on the unity ide and it looked like enter would pull out and launch the ball. how do I test it on the ipad? thanks

40. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi Deiong,

Is it ok for you when you play the table on Unity Editor ?

- To pull and launch the ball you need to press the button enter/return.
    - To move the flippers you need to press left and right control. Look at Documentation Part 2 section Game Manager page 60 to change the inputs.

Sorry I don’t understand your problem on iOS.

What do mean when you say : « I had it set to ios and exported it to the ipad air 2 and it did nothing »
    Could you export your game on Xcode ?
    Could you launch the game with Xcode on your iPad Air 2 ?

Don’t hesitate to give me the more info as you could.

I test the scene Start_Pinball_Mobile and it work for me. I have Unity 5.6.0 and a IMac 2017 OS 10.12.4.
    I export the build with Xcode on an iPhones 6 OS 10.2

Best regards
    Marc

41. deiong

deiong

thanks for getting back to me.

i compiled it in xcode and sent it to my ipad. i clicked start and to start playing i tried swiping on the lever to pull it back however it wouldn't pull out or hit the ball it just didn't respond or do anything. what are the controls for the ipad?

other games will let you swipe at the lever and it releases or some you just click on the lever and it releases the ball into the game area. this one did neither... those other games even if the ball isnt released if you click on the right and left the flippers would move. this didn't do that either. how does one play this on a ipad?

the very first thing i ever do when i get an template from this store is right out of the box select ios as output then compile in xcode and push to ipad then use unity to push to android tablets to test how it runs on those platforms before i dive into the code.

testing it in unity enter did release the ball however there is no enter on a mobile device, and i opened up the start_pinball_mobile which would mean its mobile right?

any help is greatly appreciated. i look forward to start creating my own tables for it. i just want to start off right by testing the defaults on a mobile device. so i can better understand how it plays.
    thanks

42. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,

To use the plunger :
    Put your finger on plunger to pull the spring. Then release your finger from the plunger to eject the ball.

You could look at documentation part 2 section Mobile Control page 128 to show the buttons setup on mobile

VideoGif_Coupe.gif

Capture d’écran 2017-08-15 à 16.44.41.jpg

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    deiong likes this.
  43. deiong

deiong

Thanks. For whatever reason it was still doing the same thing so I closed unity deleted the test project folder reimported the asset on a new project and it's running fine on iPad and nexus 7. Thanks so much. Look forward to digging in and start creating my own tables!!

I was wondering how would someone implement purchasing a table and it downloads it from within the game to keep file size of initial small and have the game able to run those new downloaded tables. Can a unity compiled game run a scene file from within a zip file? Or even from a uncompressed folder in its app sandbox area? I know this isn't a feature advertised, I was just wondering if you or anyone had an idea how to implement something like that

Thanks again for a great product!

Tropical-Studio likes this.
  44. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi everybody,

There is an issue with left and right ctrl on Unity 2017. Left ctrl and right ctrl don't work together.
    If you use this version of Unity, please use other key input.

To Change key , select G_Manager_Game - ManagerGame in Hierarchy tab then choose  ‘’left shift’’ for left flipper and ‘’right shift’’ for right flipper

You can also choose other inputs like ‘’s'' for right flipper and ‘’l'' for right flipper (the position of these letters are the same on azerty and querty keyboards).

You could find information about how to change inputs on documentation Part 2 page 59
    Key-input.png

45. okotek

okotek

Hi, I would like to know if i can lock the camera 2d from top to bottom stationary. I need to have the whole table displayed without moving.
    Thank you

46. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi, yes it is possible :) .

1- Deactivate Animator inside gameObject ‘’Main Camera’’
    (G_Game_Camera2D -> Pivot_Cam -> Main Camera)

01.jpg

2- Move gameObject Pivot_Cam where you want on scene
    (Example x=0.23 y = -5.931 z = -13.522)

02.jpg

3- Select gameObject ‘’Main Camera’’ and choose the Orthogonal Size you want
    (Example 0.58)

03.jpg

4- Select Pivot_Cam
    Change the value Landscape Ortho Size to to your cam value (here 0.58) spot 1
    Change Camera 2D Speed Follow to 0 (spot 2)

04.jpg

47. okotek

okotek

Very good!!:rolleyes:

48. Insta_K1ller

Insta_K1ller

-Awesome new update with the scoreboard and table selection!

What is more on your roadmap?... :)

49. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

We are happy to see that you like the asset.:)

50. lostdogg

lostdogg

UPDATE 1.7 :
    - New : Unity Ads ready to integrate

From the documentation the ads are set to play when hitting "next table". What if we just have one table? Is there a way to make them play at the end of a game, or have an extra ball reward for watching an ad?[/QUOTE]