Search Unity

[RELEASED] Pinball Creator

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Tropical-Studio, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi there,

Here the final version of the mobile demo Table

StevenPicard likes this.
  2. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Looks good!

Tropical-Studio likes this.
  3. Lucates

Lucates

Is option for mobile version in?

4. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

The next version (v1.5) available soon is mobile friendly.

schmosef and RobertPeters like this.
  5. RobertPeters

RobertPeters

IS SO COOL

6. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Awesome! Now a ingame purchase system to buy other tables ingame and its more awesome :D

7. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,
    As you could see v 1.5 is now available :)

For safefty v1 users please make a copy of your project before updating.
    Please read What's new PDF included on v 1.5

New features :
    Convert Desktop to Mobile (and vice versa) in just a few minutes.

- Optimize mobile models
    - Mesh combiner script to optimize framerate
    - Mobile touch UI
    - Close up camera + optimize camera system
    - Lightmap ready
    - Optimize materials
    - Mobile lighting presets
    - And more...

New demo pinball included
    Complete documentation

8. RobertPeters

RobertPeters

Assets/Standard Assets/Effects/ImageEffects/Scripts/BloomOptimized.cs(9,35): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `PostEffectsBase' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

9. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

This message look like you doesn't load the Unity Standard effects. Look at Documentation part 1 section Configuring the project : Settings needed to use this asset.

If it doesn't work try to delete the script bloomOptimized.cs that you could find on Main Camera (Inspector-> G_Game_Camera-> Pivot_Cam_Camera-> Main Camera)

10. RolfBertram_dot_me

RolfBertram_dot_me

Asset '/Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/UnityExtensions/Unity/VR/Win/OVRPlugin.dll' is in timestamps but is not known in guidmapper...

Getting 30 of those in a row after switching to iOS.

11. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

12. outdoorsman

outdoorsman

I followed the steps setting up the game for mobile as instructed. The game works great but I have no unity splash screen or unity ads. Unity 5.5 is being used.

13. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi outdoorsman, We do not use unity Ads on the project so you probably need to setup unity ads if you want to use it.
    For splash screen, it sounds like a 5.5 bug that will be fixed on 5.6 (see this thread ): https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/5-5-splash-not-appearing-in-build.443769/

14. outdoorsman

outdoorsman

Ads are fixed. At the time I was using the java script example ShowAdOnStart which wasn't working but switched to C sharp example and attached to the play again buttons then it worked.
    Thank you for your help.

15. alanmthomas

alanmthomas

I haven't updated to the mobile ready version yet, so I apologize in advance if you answer this in the manual. From the videos showing the mobile version, it looks as though there ball doesn't cast any shadow. Is this an accurate assessment? Something looked slightly off to me and I realized what it was in watching the video tutorial showing the conversion from desktop to mobile.

That said, this asset keeps getting better. Well done!

16. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi Alan,

First , if you want to update your project, don't forget to make a copy for safety. :) Some features like camera system and Ui have changed.

The goal of 1.5 version is to target new and old devices (like samsung galaxy tab 3 or iphone 4S).

In pinball Creator v1.5, if you use our mobile presets recommended solution, realtime light are only use for some event like bumper lights. That is why ball doesn't cast shadow. But of course there is no limitation . If you want you could use you own lightings presets.

17. melonhead

melonhead

for me to purchase i would like the scripts also in c#, can you supply these converted scripts or with an update?

also a web playable demo would be nice

18. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

There are no plans at present to convert script to c#.

19. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Hi thank you for making this, just bought the asset, and I have one request.

Can you add a top down camera, that is straight from top. and the same from the top but orthographic?
    as seen in some pinball games like pinball dreams, thank you

SpaceRay likes this.
  20. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Ok. we could add these camera views to the list of features that we could add for future update :).

SpaceRay likes this.
  21. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Great thank you for that!

22. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,
    We have fun making a custom pad prototype for Pinball Creator :

Lars-Steenhoff and pixelsteam like this.
  23. Ringorian

Ringorian

Now get a Oculus or Vive and you will have loads of fun :)

24. suraj_1990

suraj_1990

Hi,

I made Pinball creator Universal Windows App Build. But it does not take inputs. Can you Please suggest , What changes i have to do

25. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi suraj_1990,
    We reply to the mail you send us on tropicalstudio3d@gmail.com

26. melonhead

melonhead

Tropical Studio can you please put up a web playable demo as a game made with this asset currently on steam has a very bad review about ball lag and resolution problems with the camera, can you please tell us if these are valid complaints, i would like to try a web demo before i buy the asset.

here is link to the game on steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/581590/

27. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

Congratulations for the new mobile version, will test it when I can to see how it works.

I really can not thank you enough for creating this awesome, high quality, very well done and professional pinball construction kit.

I have added a review in the asset store

IDEA - PINBALL IN DIFFERENT HEIGHT LEVELS

I thought that as this is an open world pinball construction kit, it could be possible to make a pinball board, with ramps and round tubes to go the another level platform at a different level height and then keep ascending or descending to different heights using multiple strategic situated pinball flippers

The limitation for this is how the physics behave and the force and speed of the ball if you want to upward, and the gravity, speed and physics when going downward

Wish all the best

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  28. imgumby

imgumby

perhaps I missed it somewhere but is multi-ball supported or possible ??

29. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Yes multi-ball is supported. You could look at documentation Pinball_Documentation_Part2.pdf section -> Features : -> Game Manager -> Multi-ball

SpaceRay likes this.
  30. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

I have just found this on asset store that could be maybe used with this pinball creator

Stunt Race Track Ramp Pack https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/76133

And although it is to be used with cars, BUT why not be able to use it for this awesome pinball creator, as I already said this is an open world pinball, and of course you are not forced to build it inside a box with a crystal, you do not have a height limitation, although of course the height is only limited by the physics force and velocity of the ball.

Very good to know, I was also wondering if this was done, and is good that is already included.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  31. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

I think this a very good idea to have a whole top straight camera view, as shown on the video.

I can suggest and even modified idea, and is that this straight top camera, could have also an alternative version that could be rotated slightly in Unity editor to show also a slightly angled view, so any 3D model could be seen as a 3D model and not like a 2D one. I mean that it would be all exactly the same as a top view with an optional slightly rotated

As is said, an image is worth a thousand words, so I put an example as shown below and shows what I want to tell. This is taken from the Pinball Dreams HD on iOS or Android

Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  32. WarpZone

WarpZone

Where's the demo game made with this so we can play it and see how it feels before buying?

Gamefeel is extremely important.

Ony likes this.
  33. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

I have found this game that is a mix of Pinball and Breakout, and looks cool and interesting

Pinball Breaker Forever

34. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

I have just seen that it feels that the Game Angry Birds Action is based in some way on the pinball ball behavior although does not use any flippers. But it can give an idea for an open world pinball with levels with specific missions.

Both ideas below are in total 3D view with 3D objects and not in 2D like the Pinball Breaker shown here above

PINBALL DESTROY

People likes to destroy things as shown on lots of videos on youtube, and there is many games that is based on destroying things, and now thanks to this awesome pinball creator , I will try to make a pinball destruction with destructible props and beautiful effects

PINBALL RUNNER

I supposse that if you have been playing to mobile games, you may know already the SMASH HOT game that is a runner where you need to break crystals with steel balls

Well what wild happen if you make also a similar runner, but instead of throwing balls, you must throw ONE ball with the flippers and destroy things in the way, and that there could be things that you need to destroy before they attack you with lasers

Thanks very much to Tropical Studio for making this crazy ideas now possible, well I will see if I can make it, but I think it could work

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  35. zartan917

zartan917

PINBALL CREATOR IS FANTASTIC! I remember making pinball games with bill budge software on commodore 64.
    Years later I'm at it again using unity (new to it) and pinball creator which is easy to start and the Tropical studios is very helpful.
    MY first game using this engine is 96% done already! its based on the U.S. Civil War with zouave (a first for table theme) called QUARTERMASTER. The bumpers are the drums used in battlecry, here is an earlier shot. www.tablesoftheheart.com first of hopefully many! Ill try to sell for a buck to linux/mac/pc/mobile etc etc! OK keep creating all :) PS im open to collabs/networking.

36. melonhead

melonhead

why wont you give us a playable demo???

37. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

Yes, I think it would be maybe a good idea, so you can see that this is an awesome asset, very well done, realistic and with great physics for the ball behavior and impact and bounce on objects

And above all what I like also is the big and detailed many pages manual to be able to build your own pinballs explaining how all works

38. roboto1976

roboto1976

Hi, it´s possible to use the lcd screen to play mini games like this video? 0:36

39. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi Roboto1976,
    This feature is not included in Pinball Creator for the moment.
    LCD system allow you to display the score on screen and play animation for the moment.

40. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Any updates planned with the new 2d camera ?

41. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi Lars-Steenhoff,
    We've made some test to create this 2D camera Style. It needs some modification to the camera system. But we have no precise date for this update.

42. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Thanks thats good to hear, if you need any beta testing I will be ready

43. Trevinburgh

Trevinburgh

Hi! I'm having fun learning to use this. Eventually I'll probably add some special feature coding of my own, but obviously I want to use what you've provided as far as possible.

One thing I'd like is to have more control over when missions are active. For example I'd like a 'jackpot' mission that only starts when several other missions have all been completed. Also I'd like to 'chain' missions so that when mission A is finished it becomes unavailable and instead starts mission B which in turn starts C then goes back to A. A bit like you have with two part missions but more flexible.

Is anything like that possible at the moment or planned for the future?

44. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi Trevinburgh,

For the moment, it is not possible to do what you want but i add it to the list of feature that we could add for future update.

For the next update, we work on menu scene to choose a pinball table, a new local leaderboard and a 2D orthographic camera.

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  45. Trevinburgh

Trevinburgh

Thanks for the reply. There's plenty I can do with the system as it stands, I was just thinking ahead.

Great asset, I've been waiting for something like this for ages.

46. Insta_K1ller

Insta_K1ller

Following this thread for a while. :) Software looks awesome and I am definately going to buy it.
    Any ETA when the next upade will come out? Looking forward to the next update.

""For the next update, we work on menu scene to choose a pinball table, a new local leaderboard and a 2D orthographic camera.""

47. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Insta_K1ller,
    We try make the update for the mid-April.

48. Insta_K1ller

Insta_K1ller

Ok cool! :) Looking forward to it!

49. ArtistryofLife

ArtistryofLife

looks great. is there anyway to make it more smoother for mobile? the demo in the app store is a little unrealistic in ball movement speeds.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  50. Insta_K1ller

Insta_K1ller

Any update coming soon? New features video? :)