Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Pinball Creator

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Tropical-Studio, Aug 17, 2016.

1. PinblendStudios

PinblendStudios

I also ran into one other issue, if a player pauses the game while the ball is traveling from a sinkhole to a respawn hole the pause menu will pop up but the ball continues through to the spawn hole and will keep rolling even though the game is paused. If the pause button is pressed again, the game will unpause, the pause menu disappears, but the ball will then stop moving.

2. PinblendStudios

PinblendStudios

thank you Marc for helping fix this through email, for anyone that may run into this issue, my "hole" objects were untagged and once i tagged them with the correct "hole" tag, it fixed the pause issue :)

Also for anyone interested here is another table i created using this software, available sept 30th 2021 on steam, Outergalactic Aliens Pinball

choplifter likes this.
  3. PinblendStudios

PinblendStudios

Third table has been released, here is the trailer for this one.

choplifter and Tropical-Studio like this.
  4. SIV

SIV

Hello,

When i changed to URP in 2021.3 LTS, i got some errors along with some missions not working anymore and when the ball fall down while "ball saver" is active nothing happen at all.

Any idea how to fix it please ?

Attached Files:

5. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,
    Sorry but I can't reproduce the issue. It works for me.
    Here the process I used to test on PC:
    -Create a Unity 3D project (Template 3D) with Unity 2020.3.1.
    -In the Package Manager window re-download Pinball Creator.
    -Import the asset.
    -In the Package Manager import URP package.
    -Create a URP renderer pipeline.
    -Drag and Drop the new renderer pipeline in the Project Manager -> Graphics.
    -Select all the materials inside folder: Pinball Creator -> Assets -> Materials.
    -Convert these materials with the unity converter (Edit -> Rendering -> Materials -> Convert selected Built-in Materials to URP).
    -Open Demo_Table_01.
    With this setup I have no issue when I launch the game.

Could you try this process.
    if you still have the problem don't hesitate to send me a step by to help me reproduce the issue. You'll find my email on my publisher page: https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/19650

6. SIV

SIV

Ok i found whats the issue, so when we select to show leds from the mission and then hide their gameobject in the scene it cause a problem, enabeling them again fixed the issue !

Tropical-Studio likes this.
  7. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Looks really good!!

radiantboy likes this.
  8. PinblendStudios

PinblendStudios

Here is the final launch trailer for Slot Shots Pinball Collection, showcasing all seven available tables, all of which of course were built with this wonderful asset.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1886290/Slot_Shots_Pinball_Collection/

This title has received quite a bit of feedback from users and reviews and the one thing everyone agrees on are the physics of the ball are pretty solid with how it interacts with objects and how it moves around the table. I can't speak highly enough about how great pinball creator really is, and the support from Tropical Studios has been the best.

9. SIV

SIV

Hello,

I noticed that the pinball assets are very small compared to the normal units, when i scaled them up, the ball start to move very slow. i played with the "Ball" values without getting a good result, im i missing something ?

Thank you

10. Tropical-Studio

Tropical-Studio

Hi,

In Pinball Creator 1 unit = 1 meter
    It is not possible to enlarge the size of the cabinet otherwise you will have problems with physics.
    You need to scale down your prefabs to fit the size of the cabinet.

schmosef likes this.
  11. SIV

SIV

Ok, i thought its easier to find a solution for the cabinet rather than the full environment, but scaling the environment down still a solution too, thank you.

12. PinblendStudios

PinblendStudios

First table video for Slot Shots Pinball 2, now with special effects and new camera angles, of course everything is still using Pinball Creator

StevenPicard likes this.
  13. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Great job! I'd like to have those (the collection) on my PS5 ;-)

14. PinblendStudios

PinblendStudios

Here is five minutes of the new table, Ocean Breeze, which will be apart of the Slot Shots Pinball 2 title. The pinball creator program is extremely powerful, all of this was done without any custom coding outside of a couple lines for adding the slot machine and online scoreboard. Of course there are other assets from the unity store that have been added, such as the score pop ups and special effects. All of the missions were created using whats available in this asset.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
    StevenPicard and Tropical-Studio like this.
  15. Yodzilla

Yodzilla

That looks really good! Gonna pick your game up as soon as I can.

16. PinblendStudios

PinblendStudios

Hey just wanted to share a few things, we had to re-title this "Slot Shots Pinball Ultimate Collection" as it will be releasing on Steam Feb 6th, 2024 and later this year on the Xbox marketplace. It took two and a half years to create all 13 tables, but none of this would have been possible without Tropical Studios creating this wonderful program.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/2687940/Slot_Shots_Pinball_Ultimate_Edition/

choplifter and Tropical-Studio like this.