Search Unity

[Released] Physically Based Area Lights - redLights 2.0

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MPanknin, Feb 9, 2015.

1. MPanknin

MPanknin

Hi there,

@Hedonsoft What Unity version are you using? The update to 5.5 isn't finished yet, since this time there were quite a few changes in the internal rendering code that we have to work around.

However, I spotted another serious problem with the current version of redLights for Unity 5.4 that I will provide a patch for asap.

Meanwhile, here is a wip screenshot of our current shadow implementation. Personally I'm pleased with the results quality as well as performance wise (in the sense of it looks ok) . But it is still a lot of work until it reaches a stable state and can be released....

Cheers,
    Martin

syscrusher and elbows like this.
  2. Hedonsoft

Hedonsoft

Ah yes I'm running 5.5. Can I request a refund? I Plan on re-purchasing when the update is finished but right not I have to much invested to downgrade.

3. Eddi_J

Eddi_J

Hi,
    if you want to buy it anyway, just wait for the update to come. Every update is for free for you. Martin is currently working on the updated version.

4. Hedonsoft

Hedonsoft

Is there an estimated release date?

5. JohnRossitter

JohnRossitter

I would like to know when an update for 5.5 can be ready as well.

6. edredar

edredar

Come on, 5.6 is coming this month, and there is still no support for 5.5.

7. Wolfram

Wolfram

Hello Eddi_J, MPanknin,
    I have a question regarding the IES support, which we would be interested in.
    How well is that integrated into the Enlighten GI engine? Is it "just" a cubemap cookie, which creates the "looks" of the IES profile as direct light effects only (=this is was Unity already supports natively for any given cookie), or does it actually influence the GI simulation and indirect lighting according to the IES profile?
    For example, if I have an IES profile that emits only in the left hemisphere, and place that lamp in an empty room, will only the light arriving on the left wall reflect back into the room, or also from the right wall (which isn't illuminated by the lamp). For native Unity/Enlighten, a pointlight with a cookie will still behave as a regular/uniform pointlight, except for the projected cookie texture. So in that example, the dark wall on the right will still contribute to the indirect illumination as if there was no IES profile/cookie, which doesn't help us.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  8. Quatum1000

Quatum1000

Hi Martin,

I have a special requirement in case of the area lights. Working in HDR Deferred U5.6.

1) Would that possible to have only the specular light on a surface of an area light visible?
    The Area Light itself should not be visible, and also it should not emit light to the surrounded area.

2) Does the area Light Asset requires to insert a custom Deferred Internal Shader?

thanks.

9. edredar

edredar

Any news on update to 5.6 or 5.5? Will it ever be?

10. Cactus_on_Fire

Cactus_on_Fire

Why don't the reflections or the light itself show up on the scene? I tried it on Unity 5.5 and Unity 2017

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  11. Quatum1000

Quatum1000

This asset is dead. What did you expect after 3 month of silence and lights are off.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  12. Cactus_on_Fire

Cactus_on_Fire

I expect the asset to be labelled as 'deprecated'. I guess it's time to get a refund since they don't even provide tech service anymore.

13. layola

layola

wow! greate tool ,I just buy it.
    can it use at runtime modified your light ?

14. unity_XkfkD4BuzX4i4w

unity_XkfkD4BuzX4i4w

Dear MPanknin,
    Have you implemented shadow like this image in the current version? And, is this asset implemented for Unity 2017 version?

Thanks

15. layola

layola

I guess it's time to get a refund since they don't even provide tech service anymore.
    yes, @MPanknin,we sent you email and didn't receive your email about what's the status of this plugins

16. jacot

jacot

Hey. Has anyone heard from the creators of this regarding soft shadows?