Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] PBR Plant Pack Volume 2

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by pmurph03, Jan 13, 2017.

1. pmurph03

pmurph03

PBR Plant pack volume 2 is now updated and has the ability to react to colliders as can be seen in the following youtube clip:

Version 3.0 Includes:
    Physics update for all plants
    11 Plant varieties
    96 Unique plant meshes
    11 PBR Materials
    Maximum of 4096x4096 texture resolution
    Albedo, normal, metallic roughness, and AO maps
    22 to 384 polygons per plant mesh

Each plant type has fully PBR materials usng Albedo, normal, metallic, roughness, and ambient occlusion maps. These textures are at a base max resolution of 4096x4096 for maximum quality, while allowing adjustments to smaller sizes based on user performance preferences.

These textures were created by using a 1600dpi CCD scanner of real-world plant stems, and backs and fronts of leaves. Careful touchups of dust/dirt/scratches was done, as well as the creation of an alpha map. Following this the PBR textures were created using the edited and resized scans.

I already have several updates planned, and the first update will be adding 2 additional plant types and over 20 additional meshes. Additionally, once work is done adding physics interactions to volume 1 of this package I will begin work on adding similar functionality to this asset package with an increase in price due to the additional features.

Here are some example images of the asset as it is today:

Please feel free to comment, negatively or positively about my asset! I would love to hear anything you have to say, and will happily work with you to improve my assets.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  2. pmurph03

pmurph03

The new 3.0 update for my asset has now been processed and includes the ability for plant meshes to react to collisions.

These meshes are included in the PhysicsPrefabs folder of the asset package.

Let me know what you think.