Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] PBR Doors pack

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by NOT_Lonely, Jun 26, 2015.

1. dwaldrum

dwaldrum

Having a wierd issue with your MaskedPBR shader. The doors are semi-transparent. Any idea what that is?

Edit: Looking over your shader it looks like it's forward only?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  2. julianr

julianr

Hi - Had this pack for a while now. I'm trying to modify the code so that you can open and close the doors with a key press, instead of just open, or auto close. I'm having issues where it uses the same box collider and often opens then closes the door straight after. Any ideas on how the door script can be improved to enable this?

3. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Hi!
    Why you trying to modify it if it's already has the feature to open and close by key press?

4. julianr

julianr

Just tested your demo.. I see it works there, must be the Invector camera. I'll look into it, as it only opens the door, and often plays the open animation more than once.

edit: yeah its a problem with the Invector (shooter) template, it doesn't play well with their camera.

edit 2: a few modifications of your script and its all working with Invector.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  5. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

I'm glad that it works for you!

julianr likes this.
  6. julianr

julianr

Thanks - its a great pack .. I have most of your products.

7. Nitrox32

Nitrox32

Can the scripts be applied to other door models?

8. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Yes, you can use the main door script with any other models.

9. Nitrox32

Nitrox32

Thanks, I figured that you probably could. I did put the Door Script on my model however nothing happens when I move into the trigger. I have everything set up properly except the the Knob field is empty. I'm not getting any errors or warnings. I'm can't seem to figure out what goes in the Knob field.

Attached Files:

10. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

The Knob is an empty gameobject, that can be placed in the door knob (handle) area.

11. Nitrox32

Nitrox32

sdfasdfas.PNG Thanks for getting back to so quickly. I have added an empty game object to the knob and placed it just over the knob on the model. Then moved it to the Knob field. When I approach the door nothing happens. I thought I would at least get text to open the door. Do I need to make the door and knob a prefab and then use it?

12. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Did you configure Player's head tag correctly?

13. brockinco

brockinco

Sorry, I am new to Unity and bought your asset. It looks very powerful! But I am trying to change the color of a door and only get black. I dragged a door 15 prefab into my scene and picked the Door15_mesh and the Shader I changed the Colo01 and a bunch of the colors but nothings on the door changes. Help would be appreciated.

14. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Hi,
    Thank you for purchasing my assets!
    Could you please show me some screenshots of your problem?

15. brockinco

brockinco

Thanks for the reply. Yes here is a screen shot. The door is black and not changing colors. Screen Shot Door.png

16. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

It looks like some things have been changed in Unity 2018.x, and the shader is not working correctly.
    I fixed the problem and wrote you a private message. Please, check it and let me know if everything works.

Thanks!

17. brockinco

brockinco

Thanks so much! This fixed the problem for me!

18. corpsepile

corpsepile

Hello! I'm having the same issue above where the shader isn't working and anything with the MaskedPBR shows up as black in my build. Would you be able to help me as well? Thanks in advance!

Edit: Sorry, to provide some additional details, I purchased your HQ Residential House asset and anything with the shaders on my Mac build all show up as black. Oddly, the Windows build is just fine.

Last Edit: You can disregard this. It was an issue with Metal as the API in OSX. Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020