Search Unity

[Released] Panorama180 Render

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Yoshisaka, May 13, 2019.

1. Yoshisaka

Yoshisaka

Hi,

English translation uses Google/DeepL translation.

In this thread, I introduce an asset that outputs a 180 degree panoramic image/video in Unity Editor.
    "Panorama180 Render" has a function to output Unity's camera display as a panoramic still image/video for stereoscopic vision like VR180.

04/11/2022 : Update to ver. 2.0.3 !

Panorama 360 output is now supported.
    Creating a RenderTexture for Panorama 180/360 is also available at runtime (build and run).

Panorama 180/360 still image output(RenderTexture) function has been confirmed to work with VR (Oculus Quest2 + Oculus Link, Oculus Quest2 Native).

Unity Asset Store
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/panorama180-render-141234

"Panorama180 Render" top page (Documents,Gallery, Projects, etc)
    https://ft-lab.jp/unity_assets/Panorama180Render/index.html

Operating environment
    • Built-in : Unity 2018.4.6 - 2021.2.1
    • HDRP(preview) : Unity 2018.4
    • LWRP(preview) : Unity 2018.4
    • URP : Unity 2019.3-2019.4 / 2020.3 / 2021.2.1
    • HDRP : Unity 2019.3-2019.4 / 2020.3 / 2021.2.1
    Features
    • Editor/Runtime : Panorama 180-3D renders in real time from the set camera view
    • Editor/Runtime : Expression like VR180 camera, Or panorama 180-3D rendering considering parallax when turning left and right
    • Editor : 180 degrees panoramas in both still image and video can be set as background images (Equirectangular 360/Equirectangular 180/FishEye 180)
    • Editor/Runtime : Post Processing (v2) effects can be assigned
    • Editor : Panorama 180-3D output resolutions from 1024 x 512 to 16384 x 16384 pixels for both still images (jpeg/png) and video (mp4/mov/webm)
    • Runtime : Create a RenderTexture for Panorama 180-3D/ Panorama 360-3D
    • Editor : Video output also records audio
    • Editor : Serial number output of jpeg or png file when outputting video
    • Editor/Runtime : HDRP supported (Unity 2018.4 / 2019.3-2019.4 / 2020.3 / 2021.2)
    • Editor/Runtime : LWRP supported(Unity 2018.4) (ver.1.0.2 -/ver.1.1.1 -)
    • Editor/Runtime : URP supported (Unity 2019.3-2019.4 / 2020.3/ 2021.2) (ver.1.1.0 -)
    • Editor/Runtime : Create and output Depth texture of panorama 180-3D of still image (ver.1.0.2 -)
    • Editor/Runtime : Add API to output still image panorama 180-3D/360-3D (ver.1.0.2 -)
    • Editor/Runtime : The camera reflects the X/Z axis rotation in addition to the Y axis rotation (ver.1.1.0 -)
    • Editor/Runtime : Create and output Panorama 360 color/depth textures. (ver.2.0.0 -)
    • Editor/Runtime : Create and output panoramic 180/360 monocular textures. (ver.2.0.1 -)
    • Runtime : Runtime (build and run) support (ver.2.0.0 -)
    • Runtime (VR) : Unity 2019.4.4 or later supports native execution on PC-VR/Oculus Quest2
    Operation videos

Output still image

Output video

Output depth

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
  2. Yoshisaka

Yoshisaka

"Panorama180 Render" ver.1.0.2 has been released !

The changes since the last time are as follows.
    • Fixed : Fixed an issue that the speed is not stable when playing background panorama video (Reviewed the implementation of video output)
    • Fixed : Fixed the problem that the output image may be incorrect when using Unity 2018 + HDRP
    • Added : Supported LWRP (Unity 2018.2-2018.3 / 2019.1)
    • Added : Supported Unity 2019 (However, Unity 2019 + HDRP is not yet supported)
    • Added : Create and output Depth texture of panorama 180-3D of still image
    • Added : Add API to output still image panorama 180-3D
    • Added : Added parameter of "Near Distance" (Used in depth calculation)
    • Added : Added parameters of "Output" - "Depth TextureType"/"Output" - "Depth Linear Type"/"Output Image" - "Depth"
    In this thread, I will write feature descriptions and algorithms.
    "Panorama180 Render" is an extension of my own research.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    Graham-B likes this.
  3. tokiwokakeru

tokiwokakeru

動画は両眼画面のようですが、単眼画面にはできますか?

4. Yoshisaka

Yoshisaka

I can't post it in kanji text, so I'll write it in English.

Sorry, I'm late in responding.
    As these assets are stereo compatible, monocular support is not planned.

5. Yoshisaka

Yoshisaka

I'm sorry for the lack of updates for almost a year.
    I upgraded "Panorama180 Render" to ver.1.1.1 !

The update history is as follows.

ver.1.1.1 (05/04/2020)
    • Fixed : Fixed an issue in Unity 2019.3.12 + URP 7.3.1 where DepthTexture could not be retrieved
    • Fixed : Fixed an issue in Unity 2018.3-2018.4 + LWRP where DepthTexture could not be retrieved when not using Post Processing
    ver.1.1.0 (05/03/2020)
    • Fixed : Fixed an error in video output when using SRP(LWRP/HDRP)
    • Fixed : Fixed an error in video output in Unity 2017.2. (Unity 2017.2 disables video output because UnityEditor.Media is not available in Unity 2017.2)
    • Added : Support for HDRP/URP in Unity 2019.3
    • Added : Added parameters for "Synchronize Gaze Direction" (Allows X/Z rotation of the camera)

Support for SRP (HDRP/URP) in Unity 2019.3.
    Currently, "Panorama180 Render" can be used in the following combinations.

Support for Built-in (traditional pipeline not LWRP/HDRP/URP) in Unity 2017.4 - 2019.3.
    Support for HDRP 4.1 (preview) or later in Unity 2018.3 - 2018.4.
    Support for LWRP 4.1 (preview) or later in Unity 2018.3 - 2018.4.
    Support for LWRP 5.7.2 or later in Unity 2019.1 - 2019.2.
    Support for HDRP 7.1.8 or later in Unity 2019.3.
    Support for URP 7.1.8 or later in Unity 2019.3.

6. Yoshisaka

Yoshisaka

7. Graham-B

Graham-B

Just wanted to let you know how much I love Panorama180 Render!

It's still BY FAR the best 180 SBS video renderer available, giving the cleanest and most reliable results out of all the other assets I've tried.

I just noticed that you updated the asset, and advertise continuing support for Unity 2018; however you submitted the latest update using Unity 2019.3.7, so I'm unable to download the asset without installing that version of Unity.

Might I suggest submitting with an older version if possible? Also, you may want to consider charging more. I would have gladly paid 2 or 3 times the price for Panorama180 considering the quality it outputs compared to the competition.

Thanks for everything!

8. athosrojas

athosrojas

AMAZING ASSET , ITS THE ONLY ASSET ON ASSET STORE RENDERING STEREOSCOPIC WITH HDRP, NONE ASSET RIGHT NOW DO THAT. YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WORKING RIGHT NOW WITH UNITY 2020 AND HDRP 10 FOR RENDERING STEREOSCOPIC IMAGES PUT A OPTION FOR 360 AND EARN MONEY! THANK YOU A LOT YOU SAVE ME.

Yoshisaka likes this.
  9. athosrojas

athosrojas

hello, is there a way to render 360?? i try use the option but get distortions.

10. Yoshisaka

Yoshisaka

Thanks!
    I have a few technical difficulties with 360 degrees, but I'm up for the challenge.

11. Yoshisaka

Yoshisaka

A 360-degree panorama causes some inconsistencies.
    At 180 degrees it looks fine, but in reality it is cheating the eye.

In the case of 360 degrees, the parallax is no longer valid when looking straight down or straight up, and I believe that common algorithms solve this problem by making the parallax weaker.
    But I don't think it's a good idea.
    When trying to solve this problem, the phenomenon that the parallax is reversed when facing up or down appears.

I'm trying to think of a way to do this.

12. athosrojas

athosrojas

making more tests now with unity 2021.2 to use HDRP with Realtime enlight gi, and its just fun see your asset working so good with hdrp. unity recorder and all variants distorts the screen space reflections, get seams appear with bloom or ambient occlusion and stereo just dont works , your asset works with 2021 and hdrp 12 for raytracing, the problem is when i use your asset with raytracing features, its be much slow.so i am ok with HDRP features and realtime gi. for me one week past was thinking about give up from my project just cause unity dont have any recorder working to render stereo and hdrp, and even without stereo, dont render good with distortions. thank you so much.
    i am anxious waiting for your 360 version, give a look on this problem when use raytracing features slow down the render. thank you !

13. Firefox_Blue

Firefox_Blue

I'm stuck in the past and need this to work with Unity 2018.4.20f1 is there some way I can get this asset to work with an older version of unity. I can see there was support for 2018 unity. Is there a way to get an older release of this asset?

14. Yoshisaka

Yoshisaka

Sorry, I'm late!

It has been taking a long time due to the many additional features.
    I have just applied for an update of Panorama180 Render ver.2.0.0.

The following functions have been added.

- Added : Added the ability to create Panorama 360-3D.
    - Added : Streamlined the process of transferring sample scenes and materials in the Demo folder to URP/HDRP. Run unitypackage to overwrite the file.
    - Added : Runtime (build and run) support.
    - Added : Support for running as VR.
    - Fixed : Fixed a problem where panorama textures could not be obtained correctly in URP/HDRP (Improving the safety of the capture process from the cameras).
    - Fixed : Fixed an error in copyDepth_srp.shader in Unity 2020.3 + HDRP.
    - Fixed : Fixed an error that occurred when Camera's GameObject's Component was missing during URP/HDRP.
    - Changed : When "Game View Mode" is set to "Default", the cameras for panorama is deactivated.
    - Changed : Move the shader files to the "Resources/Shaders" folder (To make sure it is loaded into the scene at runtime).

Please wait for a while until it is approved for publication.
    The support page has been updated.

https://ft-lab.jp/unity_assets/Panorama180Render/index.html

Graham-B likes this.
  15. Yoshisaka

Yoshisaka

Sorry, I uploaded a newer version of Unity when I submitted it to the Asset Store.

Panorama180 Render ver. 2.0.0 has been uploaded with Unity 2018.4.6.
    I think it is now Unity 2018.4.6 or higher.
    Please wait for a while until the application is approved.

16. Yoshisaka

Yoshisaka

The execution speed has not changed from the previous version, although some internal optimizations have been made.
    In the case of Panorama 360, 6+6 cameras are used to create a panoramic image.
    When using multiple cameras(x10 or x12), creating a RenderTexture from the camera is the bottleneck ...

17. Yoshisaka

Yoshisaka

"Panorama180 Render" ver.2.0.0 has been released !

The following are the major feature additions.

- Added the ability to create Panorama 360-3D.
    - Runtime (build and run) support.
    - Support for running as VR.

I'm currently working on a sample 360-degree panorama still image.
    Also, I'm working on a new YouTube video.

Graham-B likes this.
  18. Yoshisaka

Yoshisaka

Updated the gallery page to show sample panoramic images output from the Panorama180 Render.

https://ft-lab.jp/unity_assets/Panorama180Render/gallery.html

As for WebXR, I checked it in Chrome with Oculus Quest2+Link.
    It was confirmed to work with Oculus Browser and Firefox Reality on Oculus Quest2.

The output of Panorama 360-3D using Panorama180 Render tries to keep the parallax of the ground as much as possible.
    There are some areas where stitching is noticeable, but I'll try to improve this in future versions.

Graham-B likes this.
  19. athosrojas

athosrojas

Thank you for the 360, option, i test with last alpha version unity with hdrp raytracing, still render fast with RTXAO and RTXreflections without major problems, with RTXGI the render be slow, without RTXGI the render still fast as same with RTX off, but comparing with other assets is the best option cause all others have problems to render raytracing features with stereoscopic, including the unity recorder its just dont works. i using with a RTX 2060 super and the render with the RTX features i listed, is very fast, 10/10 stars for this asset

20. Yoshisaka

Yoshisaka

Thank you!
    Currently, when I build and run Unity 2020.3 with HDRP+DX12 I am experiencing irregular crashes.
    I haven't seen any crash problems on the Editor so far.
    This is not a problem with Panorama180 Render, but seems to be a problem when using multiple RenderTexture in HDRP+DX12.

Speed is a concern when using Panorama180 Render with HDRP.

21. rit60fps

rit60fps

Sorry, I used Google Translate to change Japanese to English.
    Since ver. 2.0.0, I have been suffering from the phenomenon that the border of the camera stands out (double lines are visible).
    Is there any change in the processing?
    If possible, I would appreciate it if you could keep the processing of ver. 1.x.x (so that I can select it).
    Thank you for your consideration.

22. minad2017

minad2017

Hi.
    Can I use URP's Camera Stack with this asset?
    This feature is important to me as I am using a UI-only camera

23. lucidtripper

lucidtripper

how can i access your render textures so i can send the 3d360 video to Spout sender script (and record with OBS virtual webcam "spout receiver")

24. karonte

karonte

is there a way a to load and see your saved 180 stero images/ video inside a uniny compileproject? i mean..how can i see my 180 images when i build a project? regards.

25. Yoshisaka

Yoshisaka

Sorry, I was upgrading and just checked the forum.
    I will check this part in the next version (Ver. 2.0.2).

26. Yoshisaka

Yoshisaka

I'm not familiar with the implementation of the URP camera, I'm currently implementing it in a hooked way.
    I will make sure to check the Camera Stack implementation.

27. Yoshisaka

Yoshisaka

You can call "GetRenderTexture" of the Panorama180 Render API for each frame to get a panoramic image as a movie (either 180 or 360).
    When creating a video, the same RenderTexture will be updated.
    Since it is difficult to understand how to get the video, I will try to write a script to confirm.
    Please wait a week or so.

28. Yoshisaka

Yoshisaka

Do you mean how to load a sequentially numbered images and play it as a movie?
    In Panorama180 Render, this is out of scope.

I can't find any assets that would make this happen...

29. Yoshisaka

Yoshisaka

Now I have applied for Panorama180 Render ver.2.0.1.
    The contents of the upgrade are as follows.

* Fixed : Worked around an error that occurred when pressing the "Select" button of Panorama180 Render in Unity Editor.
    * Added : Added Stereo/Mono selection, which will render a monocular panorama when Mono is selected.

And because I checked this forum for the first time in six months and found that the posts were piling up (sorry!), I'd like to implement the written problem early in 2022.

30. Yoshisaka

Yoshisaka

Panorama180 Render has been updated to ver. 2.0.1 !

* Fixed : Worked around an error that occurred when pressing the "Select" button of Panorama180 Render in Unity Editor.
    * Added : Added Stereo/Mono selection, which will render a monocular panorama when Mono is selected.

Some of the points raised in the forum will be addressed and upgraded in January/February if possible.
    Currently, Unity 2021(Built-in/URP) seemed to be stable in VR (with Oculus Integration v.35).

31. Yoshisaka

Yoshisaka

Now I have applied for Panorama180 Render ver.2.0.2.
    I'll add a note when the application is approved.

* Fixed : Fixed a problem where white horizontal line noise would appear near the horizontal line of Y=0 due to Vignette processing when outputting at high resolution in Panorama 180.
    * Fixed : Fixed an issue where textures larger than 4K were not being output at the correct resolution when EyeType was Mono.
    * Added : Support for 16K (15360, 16384) output.
    * Added : Added 8K (8192) in Render Texture Size.
    * Added : Support for Ubuntu environment.

The suggestion in the question about seeing the boundaries of the cube map is no longer reproduced in my environment.
    This may be a problem with Vignette/Exposure/Bloom etc. in Post Processing, so I added a workaround to the documentation.

I'm late to the party, but I will see how I can send the RenderTexture to OBS.

32. Yoshisaka

Yoshisaka

I am using Panorama180 Render for verification, and there are a few tips I would like to mention.

I have confirmed that Panorama180 Render Ver.2.0.2 works on Ubuntu 20.04.
    It worked the same as in other environments, except that mp4(H.264) is not supported for video input/output.

It will be as follows.
    https://docs.unity3d.com/2021.2/Documentation/Manual/VideoSources-FileCompatibility.html

Ver. 2.0.2 supports 16K panorama still/video output.
    Video output seems to be fine up to 15360x15360 using webm (VP8) in Unity, and error for 16384x16384.
    Still images were fine up to a resolution of 16384x16384.

33. Yoshisaka

Yoshisaka

Panorama180 Render has been updated to ver. 2.0.2 !

Unity Asset Store

* Fixed : Fixed a problem where white horizontal line noise would appear near the horizontal line of Y=0 due to Vignette processing when outputting at high resolution in Panorama 180.
    * Fixed : Fixed an issue where textures larger than 4K were not being output at the correct resolution when EyeType was Mono.
    * Added : Support for 16K (15360, 16384) output.
    * Added : Added 8K (8192) in Render Texture Size.
    * Added : Support for Ubuntu environment.

> I will see how I can send the RenderTexture to OBS.

I was able to pass a RenderTexture from Panorama180 Render to OBS using UnityCapture ( https://github.com/schellingb/UnityCapture ).
    There is a sample script in "Demo/Scripts/Runtime/Sample_Capture.cs" in Panorama180 Render that retrieves the RenderTexture.
    I will try to write the flow later.

34. Yoshisaka

Yoshisaka

35. vallarose

vallarose

Hi, I try to output a 360° imae render but I get this error in the console :
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Panorama180Render.Panorama180Render.DoOutputFile (System.String fullPathFileName, System.Boolean useAsync, System.Boolean depthF) (at Assets/Panorama180Render/Panorama180Render/Scripts/Panorama180Render.cs:2295)
    Panorama180Render.Panorama180RenderEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Panorama180Render/Panorama180Render/Editor/Panorama180RenderEditor.cs:448)
    UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<>c__DisplayClass59_0.<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>b__0 () (at <772fffca5f8f4126948faf45cfbc3ba4>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

36. Yoshisaka

Yoshisaka

Thanks for the bug report!
    I'll try to catch up.

37. Yoshisaka

Yoshisaka

38. tarrabass

tarrabass

hello i need to project on a 180° curve screen, could it be a good solution ?

39. Gssev7

Gssev7

Hi, Just purchased the add on and it works good. I would like to know is there a way to have a video output to a file in runtime or is that just in editor only?

40. Jigida70

Jigida70

Really good asset overall. However, no matter what I do, I always get a blurry square at my feet (where the camera is placed). It isn't that bad, except when a character is standing close to the camera, and the blurry square distorts part of the character.

41. ixikos

ixikos

I am excited to use this asset ! I am working in 2022.3.7f1 right now and the rendering wasn't working right out of the box ( I know its not officially supported on this version) I was able to get stills working with one line, curious if you would be open to updating the asset / working with me to get 2022 working

42. ixikos

ixikos

Getting very heavy distortion near the camera, curious if anyone else sees this? Just running the default settings on some of the sample scenes...

43. bordeleaum

bordeleaum

HI! Do the app support url video?