Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Panoply: Comics and Splitscreen for Unity

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by opertoonist, Sep 9, 2015.

1. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Hi Erik, now that we have dynamic resizing captions / word balloons, can we get a PlayMaker action to change the Caption text?

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 12.29.59 PM.png

Or alternately, could you expose the caption text so PM can set it through reflection?
    (a dedicated PM action would be preferred)

2. Mad-J

Mad-J

Hey! I've just bought Panoply. GREAT tool!!! Saves a lot of time!

But i faced a problem, trying to setup MouseWheel Scroll control.
    I've attached my script, set up to increment and decrement timeline on mouse scroll, but it happens too fast.
    Any advice on the right approach?
    Thanks

3. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Hello, how I can I make a 3d Scene with animations as StartScene followed by 2d panoply comic?

4. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

can make seperate scences with panoply divided by animation cutscenes?!?

5. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Can anybody help?! Please?

6. opertoonist

opertoonist

@pushingpandas Sorry I missed your messages here. I believe we chatted over email, but if not, or if you've still got questions, please let me know.

7. opertoonist

opertoonist

@Mad-J Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I don't see a script attached — let me know if you're still looking for help with this.

8. opertoonist

opertoonist

@wetcircuit So sorry it took so long to reply — I've been looking at the prior page of the thread and thinking it was the last one all this time. This is a great idea... the keyframe system is built in such a way that it may be tough to pull off in practice, however. I will take a look for the next update.

shyamarama and wetcircuit like this.
  9. dmarqs

dmarqs

Hi @opertoonist ,

I just started a new URP project, imported Panoply, added the Panoply prefab and then the Panel prefab. Panel prefab isn't showing on the Game. When I select it, I can still see the blue background screen on the Scene tab, but it isn't showing in Game tab.

I created a built-in project too and it works.

It isn't working for URP right now? =/

edit: I'm using version 2020.1.2f1

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  10. dmarqs

dmarqs

And another question: I cannot change position, rotation or scale from Panel Object (which is the camera).

Is this a bug or I'm really not allowed to change those properties?

11. opertoonist

opertoonist

Hi @dmarqs — if you open the Panoply prefab in your scene, select the Foreground Camera and change the Render Type to Overlay, you should see the panels in the Game tab. I'm currently working on an update to tackle these and a few other minor issues.

Since the Panel component takes control of the position and rotation of its camera, these values are adjusted from the Camera foldout of the component.

shyamarama likes this.
unityunity