Search Unity

[RELEASED] Panoply: Comics and Splitscreen for Unity

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by opertoonist, Sep 9, 2015.

1. opertoonist

opertoonist

You'd have to do it by script. In my test everything was in the same scene, so wasn't an issue...

wetcircuit likes this.
  2. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Ahh, thanks. I am using Playmaker so I will start with what I can do there…

In my webGL tests the Panoply scenes are loading quickly, so I will look for creative ways to hide the transitions.

opertoonist likes this.
  3. kosted

kosted

Hi, thanks for this wonderful asset. Before purchasing I have few questions :
    1- is it possible to add actions over a panel ? For example I have a panel and a button game object over this panel. When I click on this button I want to load a new scene for example. Is this possible ?

2- Is it possible to make scenario that changes with decision ?

3- Is it possible to make conversion ? For example I have a panel and an image in full screen with two characters. I want to make them exchange without changing panel, but just changing to simulate the conversation.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  4. kosted

kosted

I finally purchase the asset. I'm using it for my game now. Please how could I do zoom out, zoom in effect ? Like in Ascent ?
    I have a default image, and when zooming out I want to show another image to give more details to the player ? I don't want the new image with more details to come from left or right.
    Thanks

5. opertoonist

opertoonist

Thanks for the purchase! To your questions:

1. Yes, you can use the Intercept Interactions checkbox on the Panel component to disable navigation interactions with a panel so you can use your own instead.

2. Yes, this is possible, you can split different branches into separate scenes or lay out all of the branches on one timeline and use scripting or PlayMaker to jump instantly to a new location on the timeline.

3. Yes, you can use the Caption component to sequence when and where captions in a conversation appear on the timeline. Or, if you're using your own artwork captions, use the Artwork component to do the same thing.

You can zoom in or out by changing the Camera settings in the Panel component on the timeline, perhaps moving the camera or changing its focal length.