Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] PaintCraft (Multiplatform coloring book & drawing app constructor)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nicloay, May 17, 2016.

1. prasanth-akon

prasanth-akon

Okay, Thanks for your reply. If I want to make this feature myself, Can you guide me on where to look for specifically?
    I tried to implement it by reading the alpha value of the render texture, but it doesn't work as intended.
    Thanks.

2. diccuric

diccuric

How to I can change Region size and position?

3. nicloay

nicloay

Hello.
    By default bg render texture contains alpha = 1 everywhere, so you should change rendering process on swatch and everywhere.

Maybe the easiest option to compare both with alpha, but with white color?
    Please take a look at how the icon generated - it uses r/w texture2d in the process and it's also downscaled so you can iterate over pixels there.

Hope this helps.

4. nicloay

nicloay

Sorry, could you elaborate more please, I don't understand the question. Thanks

5. diccuric

diccuric

I need to make fullscreen canvas and scale outline and region layers from ColoringPageConfig, but i want to save scale ratio

6. cdr9042

cdr9042

7. Jakob

Jakob

Hello, I am having issues with scrollviews when using Paintcraft. I'm guessing it has to do something with Paintcraft overriding the input module. Is this known or am i missing something?

Note: I'm using the new beta I got from you.

8. boroskoyo

boroskoyo

Hello, I've recently found out that you have published a newer 2020 version of the asset. Is it any different than the one that is included in the lunar new year bundle?

9. nicloay

nicloay

Hello. There is no such functionality in the project. but I'll think maybe I'll develop plugin for that

10. nicloay

nicloay

If this is in the gallery - not in the drawing please check that UI elements have RaycastTarget checked

11. nicloay

nicloay

Everyone who purchased the plugin after ~ December 6 has a free upgrade to the 2020 version. I'm sorry I was working hard to make the new release before the lunar new year so I didn't have time to make proper anoncement. I'll do that soon.

boroskoyo likes this.
  12. nicloay

nicloay

In 2020 version you can create pageconfig runtime. so before opening paintcraft canvas with page config you can use Graphic.Blit to scale and copy texture with required aspect.

13. univema1

univema1

hi sir , i have probleme in ios . in unity editor all is ok but when i build my game in xcode "PatternBrush region support " not working

14. tswiggs

tswiggs

I would really like to take advantage of this feature for online multiplayer but your documentation website is throwing a CNAME Cross-User Banned error. Can you make this documentation available again?

15. rmezatang63

rmezatang63

I got this on the Lunar New Year Bundle but can't add a new Coloring Page in the Coloring Book demo. I followed the quickstart instructions but when I go to link to the icon/outline/region png files, the box in Inspector disappears (or does not accept the file). For testing, I tried linking to pre-existing pngs (Bear files) and I got the same result so the error is not with the file. Aside from that, there are 999+ errors logged when I run the demo in Unity 2019.4.18f1

16. dcagemodels

dcagemodels

when i add my own images i get this error any help please? @nicloay

Attached Files:

17. cdr9042

cdr9042

@nicloay I created my own PageConfig, created 3 images (outline, regions, icon) in StreamingAssets/PaintCraft.DemoPages folder, then write the path in the PageConfig file. I was able to color the picture in Coloring Book. However, I made some change to the regions and outline files and now I get this error when I try to open the picture to color. And the ColoringBook won't work. How do I fix it?

Code (CSharp):
    1. UnityException: LoadRawTextureData: not enough data provided (will result in overread).
    2. UnityEngine.Texture2D.LoadRawTextureData (System.Byte[] data) (at <2feaf16e80004e0cadae3f2e05f2a3fa>:0)
    3. PaintCraft.Canvas.Configs.PersistentPath.GetTexture (PaintCraft.TextureSaveFormat saveFormat, UnityEngine.Vector2Int size, UnityEngine.TextureFormat format, UnityEngine.FilterMode filterMode, System.Boolean markNonReadable) (at <1323d4b9f8a945439bff604e90a9322d>:0)
    4. PaintCraft.Canvas.Configs.PageConfig.LoadUserChanges () (at <1323d4b9f8a945439bff604e90a9322d>:0)
    5. PaintCraft.Canvas.Configs.PageConfigSO.LoadUserChanges () (at <1323d4b9f8a945439bff604e90a9322d>:0)
    6. PaintCraft.Canvas.Configs.Extensions.HasSavedUserChanges (PaintCraft.Canvas.Configs.IPageConfig pageConfig, UnityEngine.Texture& texture) (at <1323d4b9f8a945439bff604e90a9322d>:0)
    7. PaintCraft.Controllers.CanvasController.LoadFromDiskOrClear () (at <1323d4b9f8a945439bff604e90a9322d>:0)
    8. PaintCraft.Controllers.CanvasController+<DoSetActivePageConfig>d__41.MoveNext () (at <1323d4b9f8a945439bff604e90a9322d>:0)
    9. UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <2feaf16e80004e0cadae3f2e05f2a3fa>:0)
    10. UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    11. PaintCraft.Controllers.CanvasController:SetActivePageConfig(IPageConfig)

18. cdr9042

cdr9042

By the way, can I get access to the source code? It seems all the scripts are inside a .dll file

19. Slashbot64

Slashbot64

Any support for the Stylus pen on the Android? specifically if the pen button has been used? Not sure if it is something that is supported in Unity input or new input stuff,, or possible to support at it all?

20. dcagemodels

dcagemodels

21. unity_I4V8h1W3_mZ2QQ

unity_I4V8h1W3_mZ2QQ

@nicloay
    Hello Nikolay! Thank you very much for this asset. There is one question: "As I understand it, the last changes are saved thanks to SaveFilePath. The question is, thanks to which method is the transition to the last change, since I would like to make indexing for each new save?" Having tried to index each time a new file is created, but it cannot return the current result in any way (although if you output through an array of bytes from the file's save directory, then it is visible)

Code (CSharp):
    1.      string SaveFilePath
    2.         {
    4.             get
    5.             {
    7.                 return Path.Combine( SaveDirectory ,PageConfig.UniqueId + index + ".jpg");
    9.             }
    10.         }
    Code (CSharp):
    1.         public string IconSavePath
    2.         {
    3.             get
    4.             {
    5.                 string dir = Path.Combine( Application.persistentDataPath , "icons");
    6.                 if (!Directory.Exists(dir))
    7.                 {
    9.                     Directory.CreateDirectory(dir);
    10.                 }
    12.                 return Path.Combine(dir, UniqueId  + CanvasController.index + ".jpg");
    13.             }
    14.         }

unityunity