Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Deprecated] PaintCraft (Multiplatform coloring book & drawing app constructor)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nicloay, May 17, 2016.

1. nicloay

nicloay

Hello. Try to remove RemoveDuplicateLastInputPositions filter from tool pipeline

2. nicloay

nicloay

3. vzlomvl

vzlomvl

Hello Nicolay.
    Any news about the release of the 3.0 on the Asset Store?
    Thanks.

4. nicloay

nicloay

I'm sorry but not in near future.

5. mrbs_vf

mrbs_vf

Hi. I'm using U2017.3.0p1 and PaintCraft2.2u 2017.1.
    I do programming an android game. I did test it on UEditor and I had no problem but I just tested in two android devices (Samsung Galaxy Ground Prime+ with android 6 and Samsung Galaxy A70 with android 9) and both of them have the same result:
    Screenshot_20200204-152503.png
    Is any shader is not Compatible with this smartphones GPU? and how to solve that?

6. nicloay

nicloay

hello. just reimport package from asset stoee. you lost the project settings

mrbs_vf likes this.
  7. Marnelle

Marnelle

Привет! Подскажите, пожалуйста, как правильно вызывать ClearTexture? И нужно вызывать только перед выходом в галерею или еще и в момент, когда игрок отпустил палец с экрана и перестал рисовать? Спасибо!

8. nicloay

nicloay

не совсем понятно для чего ее вы хотите вызывать. она вызывается автоматически по нажатию на кнопку например, либо когда undo отматывается до 1го шага.

А так в демке можно увидеть что она вызывается с кнопки через стандартные unity event-ы

9. Marnelle

Marnelle

Имею ввиду Streaming Page Config)

upload_2020-2-10_14-35-47.png

10. Marnelle

Marnelle

Еще StreamingColoringPageConfig почему-то как-то неправильно отображает превью в галерее выбора раскраски

11. nicloay

nicloay

пришлите invoice id на support @ paintcraft . in я вышлю стабильную бету- там стриминг ассеты из коробки идут нормальные.

12. nikhildhamsania

nikhildhamsania

We are not able to find a document about how to generate a grayscale file to use in paint craft.
    please let us know where can we find it.

thanks

13. Soulside

Soulside

Hello, Nickolay!
    The PaintCraft drawing tool is amazing! Thank you!
    Is it possible to customize the brush so, that you can draw mandalas?
    For reference see this video:

14. nicloay

nicloay

@nikhil_unity726, as I replied by email, now you can use all 3 channels (RGB) for the regions, so no need to import as grayscale

@Soulside, Unfortunately it's not possible to do that in base version and required much of customization.

15. Hiephm

Hiephm

Hi Nicloay, i have one problem on IOS (only IOS). When i update version unity from 2018 to 2019, at version 2018 memory on all devices i tested is good but when i update to version 2019 memory have problem it increase without stopping every time i touch the screen. i found this problem but i don't know how to fix this. The problem is BeginLine function in ScreenCameraController when i command it, it's stop increase but if i use this function memory increase until memory overflow and the game crashed. Help me fix it, please! Thanks.

Attached Files:

16. Soulside

Soulside

@nicloay, thanks for your response. Can you please describe the steps to implement it. What kind of customization is required?

17. nicloay

nicloay

@Soulside, I'm sorry but it's like a whole new game mechanic - not sure that I can describe it as it required to much architecture.

@Hiephm, did you try new beta? it should works more stable on 2018 version (sorry didn't test in on 2019 yet). If you don't have access please send me your invoice id to support@paintcraft.in and I'll give you download link.

18. Frelenk

Frelenk

Hi Nicloay, i have one question. PaintCraft PRO support auto region function from svg file?

19. nicloay

nicloay

yes. current version from asset store support it. But I have to let you know that SVG works in limited way. It doesn't render SVG runtime - and do it only on start, that's mean if you zoom the image on the device you will see pixelation.

20. supereid86

supereid86

Hi nicolay,

We have an app with about 120 images to color, would you suggest that we use streaming age configs? Is this feature ready for use with the current version? It says "experimental" in the docs. How can you suggest we keep our app size small?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  21. nicloay

nicloay

Yes. I would suggest to send your invoice id to the support@paintcraft.in so I'll send you access to the beta. in new beta all page configs by default are in streaming assets.

22. LanceNYC

LanceNYC

Hello Nicloay,
    I am new to Unity and pretty much decided on it because of your package. So fresh install of unity, I bouight your package and imported it, to see a LONG list of error messages.
    upload_2020-4-17_12-39-41.png
    upload_2020-4-17_12-40-31.png
    upload_2020-4-17_12-40-53.png

Plus that shader warning at the bottom, saying it isn't compatible with my AMD RX 570 video card?
    What should I do to correct all of this?

Much appreciated!

23. Chris_DC

Chris_DC

Hi, I have been utilizing this tool for a project i have been working on for a while, and I have run into a snag and hope you might be able to help me out. Basically I have a UI with a drawing window, using the RectToCanvasPosition to place the drawing. Everything has been working fine at the base resolution.

The issue appears when i switch to a different resolution, when i draw, the line is off, it seems like it is not taking the canvas scalar into account. Like when i draw from center to the left edge, the line starts and center and only makes it to about 1/2 way left when i reach the edge. And the canvas scale is ~.5. Also at this smaller resolution, the canvas camera renderers a smaller version and i have to zoom into to get the image back to the desired size.

I have been testing different approaches to get this scale to work, when I adjust the canvas ortho camera to be the appropriate size, the drawing aligns properly but the pixels drawn are too large, not shaped properly

I have done a lot of custom work to other parts of the tool, and we are late in dev process so i probably could not change over to the beta.

Thanks for the tool, it has been very helpful, and i feel like there is something I am missing here that you might be able to help me with.

24. bonbongame

bonbongame

Hello,
    I am having a problem please guide me.
    When I paint, how do I know when my mouse position is in the region I'm drawing, when my mouse is out of the region where I can draw?
    Thank you !

25. Bazilikum

Bazilikum

Hello!

It would be helpful to be able to disable auto-saving of user changes (ISaveUserChanges/Icons) to the disk.
    We have a situation where we use the same configs on different targets and get sharing violations.

Cheers!

26. kunal_unity715

kunal_unity715

Hi Nicloay,
    Paint Craft looks awesome. A friend of mine recommended it and it perfectly fits my need. Please help me understand if I can restrict the colors to be filled in a particular area. I want users to see the original image and then fill colors as mentioned.
    I am really struggling to achieve it. Please help.

not-adhoc likes this.
  27. not-adhoc

not-adhoc

I have the same need as kunal_unity715 as I'm trying to build a Paint by Number app and will also really appreciate to be able to do it with PaintCraft
    Thanks

28. eiecheverri

eiecheverri

Dear creator: would this asset work if I wanted to draw something on either a 'flat' 3D object or on UI within a VR project?? Thank you!! :)

29. maxammadjon95

maxammadjon95

@nicloay Hello.
    I'm using PaintCraft Asset, thank you for this awesome work!
    But I have problems with iOS, PaintingZone is just black when I open this scene.
    I searched answers, for similar question you said to use 2017 version (that answer was old).
    Now I'm using Unity 2019.2.21f version.
    It works perfectly in Android. But when I build for iOS it's just black when I open any image. And Clear button isn't working. I can't understand what's problem. Please, help me

30. edem96

edem96

Can you send me this beta too ?

31. nicloay

nicloay

Sorry guys, I didn't check the forum for a while. Please use mail, usually I provide response within several days.

@Chris_DC, did you solve the problem with camera? I'm not sure but it looks like the problem that it takes input data from another camera, this is why the line could go to the wrong position

@bonbongame, there is no such functionality in paintcraft, It take original click position, and when you move a finger, it just compare the pixel underneath with original click position in shader, and if colors are equal render it, otherwise discard. So in your case if you need to check when you leave the region, you need to make background texture rw enabled and use GetPixel() method.

@Bazilikum, In new beta version you have more control over that, just drop your invoice id to support@paintcraft.in, and I'll give you access.

@kunal_unity715, @not-adhoc, there is no such functionality in paintcraft. If you are comfortable with c# you can start with tool pipeline, you need to create new filter which read first position, and then access the region texture (you need to enable read/write access in texture settings for that), after that you can cancel drawing based on the color

@eiecheverri, yes on flat surface it should works smooth, it use render texture, and on plain mesh it works without any problem. The issue is when you have convex surface, on the stiches you will have a glitches, as paintcraft just draw based on UV coordinates on the render texture

@MaxForUnity, You need to disable metal rendering, or use new beta, for new beta just send me your invoice id.

@edem96, sure, just drop me your invoice id to support@paintcraft.in

32. damianvcampbell

damianvcampbell

Hi, I just purchased your package today and so far I like it alot. I've run into a problem and I'm wondering if my Unity version is to blame. I'm using 2019.4.7 and I can't seem to configure the Coloring page. The configuration box freezes when I try to link a texture and disappears completely in the case of the icon. Once this happens I can no longer edit any of the properties of the Coloring Book Configuration. Is this due to the version and can I have a copy of the new beta also if it hasn't been released yet? Thanks

33. nicloay

nicloay

I think problem is somewhere in resources folders. You need to change inspector to debug mode and clear references to the images (as string values) there.

For the beta access just send me your invoice id to support@paintcraft.in.

Thank.

34. damianvcampbell

damianvcampbell

Thanks! I will give it a try.

35. Saad_Khawaja

Saad_Khawaja

Hi @nicloay
    Using Unity 2020 and URP and not able to paint. The images all turn black when I open them and the painting does not work.

Any solution? Does the beta fix this? Let me know so that I can send the invoice id.

Thanks

Desarrolloappsronda likes this.
  36. andreuone

andreuone

Does the beta fix black iOS problem?

I am looking for a coloring tool, I have read a lot of good things about paintcraft but I am worried that I will not be able to integrate it in unity 2019.4

Thanks

37. nicloay

nicloay

please send your invoice id to support@paintcraft.in new beta should fix that

@andreuone yes, new beta should work with 2019

38. Saad_Khawaja

Saad_Khawaja

Alright! Sent you an email. Please send the BETA link. Thanks

39. ashlit1998

ashlit1998

Hello Nicolay, if I wanted to make the PaintCraft canvas size half of what it is while keeping the screen size as it is, what should I do? I want the drawing canvas to be a small box at the top of my screen and not something that fills the entire screen, but when I try to make the canvas smaller the coloring tools still color relative to where the canvas should have been. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Have a good day!

40. Tweak_Kit

Tweak_Kit

Hello Nicolay.
    I want to paint the picture with the pattern brush, but every time i paint at the old positions, the pattern is always updated and changed. I want the brush not to change where i have painted, how could i do that please help!

41. Tweak_Kit

Tweak_Kit

Hi @nicloay please help answer my question because i'm in a rush releasing my app. Thank you!

42. maxammadjon95

maxammadjon95

Hello @nicloay I'm using PaintCraft asset. I have no problems with using this amazing asset. But I have difficulties to create new GlowBrush type, which brush glow with black background. I read old your answers (https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...ng-app-constructor.404998/page-4#post-3293979) and I used even these asset also (https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...2811.165990522.1609083543-39091722.1600320296). But it didn't help. I want to save picture after drawing. I tried to create new Brush type GlowBrush like other brushes, but I have no idea where should I put any shaders to make glow effect in filters.
    Have you any solution or idea to make glow effect, please?

43. nicloay

nicloay

Try to save image try to render camera (where you applied the effect) to the render texture and then save it to the file. maybe it will work.

Brush itself are not capable of creating glow effect you need to apply it to the whole canvas so everything will glow.

44. nicloay

nicloay

As I explained in the mail, please open the brush configuration and remove jittering effect for the first point, so offset will be stable

45. nicloay

nicloay

please try to find ScreenCameraController, it has ViewPortOffset configuration, try to play with these values

maxammadjon95 likes this.
  46. maxammadjon95

maxammadjon95

Hello @nicloay, thank you for answers. Glow is working fine, and I can save it also. I take screenshot while saving ICON, and I changed icon to the screenshot that I took. Then I save this as an ICON image. Then it is saving as glowed image.

I have another question. Is there any way to add the supporting regions for Bucket Brush tool?
    Now, If I paint with Bucket tool, every part of gray will be painted. I want that bucket also support regions and it should paint the are which I clicked, not every area which the same grey color.

If you have any idea or solution, please answer.

Best Regards

Attached Files:

47. nicloay

nicloay

Hello @MaxForUnity
    I'm sorry, but there is no runtime flood fill calculation in the package, all bucket tools works only with precalculated masks (which are different grayscale levels, on the region file).

48. maxammadjon95

maxammadjon95

Thank you @nicloay I'm using different grayscale in region picture now, I think it's the best way to solve my problem.

nicloay likes this.
  49. prasanth-akon

prasanth-akon

Hi Nicolay,
    I bought your asset recently and it works great. I was just wondering if there is any way that I could track the progress of a painted region? Like 0 - 100% painted using some float value? Please let me know.
    Thanks.

50. nicloay

nicloay

Unfortunately no, there is no such functionality in the package.