Search Unity

[released] Overcloud - Volumetric Sky And Lighting

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Fewes, Mar 25, 2019.

1. GuitarBro

GuitarBro

I believe it's VR-compatible iirc, but not sure about VRChat specifically.

2. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Hi does anyone know why this is now deprecated?

xzesstence likes this.
  3. Fewes

Fewes

Hi there! I made a post a little earlier in the thread explaining why (I started a full-time job). There was an issue where the deprecation made it impossible for people with Humble Bundle codes to redeem them, but this is either already fixed or being worked on. If you have such a code, I believe your best course of action right now is either wait until it works in the asset store again, or contact Humble Bundle if you'd like to get access ASAP. Hope this helps!

4. GuitarBro

GuitarBro

That's a real shame, but I get it. It's a lot of work.

5. Barliesque

Barliesque

Such a shame this was deprecated. Nothing else in the store matches the quality of OverCloud, particularly in VR. And no other asset seems to work in VR beyond Unity 2018. I was hoping to upgrade a project that uses OverCloud from 2019.2 up to 2020.3, but sadly VR rendering breaks.

6. SorraTheOrc

SorraTheOrc

If this is deprecated why is it still on the store for $100? That feels very disrespectful. But then again, an update was recently pushed. I'm very confused.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
  7. Fewes

Fewes

Hi there! I was requested by Unity to reupload it again in order to give people with a Humble Bundle voucher access, and was told it would be hidden. I assumed that meant no-one without a voucher could see it, but it seems that it is only hidden from searches inside the store itself, meaning if you find it via a Google search for example, it will appear as if it is not deprecated. I understand this is confusing, so I have updated the store description to reflect the situation (which is the best I can do from my end). I will deprecate it completely once the Humble Bundle vouchers expire in October. Thanks for letting me know!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
  8. hopeful

hopeful

I still suggest updating this for LTS versions only.

9. SorraTheOrc

SorraTheOrc

I see. It would be good to make that clear in the description I'm pretty sure people will be upset if they buy a $100 asset and then find it's already deprecated. Consider dropping the price for this period too.

It's a shame this asset had alot of promise, but I assume you have good reason for moving on. Good luck.

E_T_ and Fewes like this.
  10. E_T_

E_T_

It would be great to see this go open source. If you don't have time to support it, then the community could provide that for themself. If not open source, Perhaps drop it to say $25 in the knowledge it won't be supported by yourself. I would love t have this asset so much but no way can I afford to drop $100 on an unsupported product. What you created here looks just fantastic and I would love to be able to make use of it.

unityunity