Search Unity

[Released] Optimize Textures and Shaders Channel Packing

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Addie, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Addie

Addie

Channel Packer Pro available on the asset store for optimizing textures by packing and swizzling channels into another texture. It can also generate images like voronoi, cloud noise, gradiants and some others, also you can postprocess the textures and display mesh uvs. Channel packing is useful for converting your textures to work with different shaders that require masks or whatever data is stored in the texture.

It works with URP, HDRP and any custom render pipeline. The preview windows work like unity's texture previews but with some more features like previewing any channel in greyscale or previewing any selected channel combination.

Screenshot (8).png

If any one is interested here is a link https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/slug/182987

Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
  2. keeponshading

keeponshading

Hi. Nice. The invert function is really helpful to get from roughness to smoothness textures but....
    ....could you please add .tif support
    All our pbr scanned textures are .tif ´s

packer.JPG

3. Addie

Addie

Hi. Just looking at it now and i think i should be able to support that by the next update but for now is there a workaround you can do?

4. keeponshading

keeponshading

All our textures are tif´s because our xtex pbr scanner deliviers them . So i´looking in the packing from another asset. But there are issues too and it has no confortable invert function for smmothness <-> rougness inversion.

5. Addie

Addie

I added support for importing .tif, Are there any other problems you see with the tool? I will post the update soon.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    keeponshading likes this.
  6. Addie

Addie

Hi. did you get the update and has it solved your problem?

7. keeponshading

keeponshading

Hi. Yes. Many thanks.
    I have to switch all input textures to RGBA 32bit before packing.
    But then packing, see smoothness to Alpha in the MaskMap on the right went fine.

uncompressed.JPG

upgraded to 5 stars

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
    Addie likes this.