Search Unity

[RELEASED] OpenXR VR Motion Capture - R1Tools

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ROBYER1, Sep 16, 2022.

1. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

I'm pleased to announce OpenXR VR Motion Capture, a toolkit for recording and animating characters in VR using HTC Vive Trackers to act out motion capture inside of your Unity scenes in real-time!
    OpenXR VR Motion Capture is available on the AssetStore

R1Tools OpenXR VR Animation Toolkit is a set of integrations to record motion capture using OpenXR with Vive Trackers within the game engine to record character animation directly in your scenes.

R1Tools uses Mecanim for basic IK in Unity but if you own FinalIK VRIK you can use the VRIK Integration for improved IK customisation!

This tool has been used in the production of various VR titles such as Metaverse Adventures - Into the Metaverse

✔️Simple to set up and re-use
    ✔️OpenXR support for Vive Trackers
    ✔️Animate characters within your game in engine to line up animations with props
    ✔️Supports Mecanim and FinalIK VRIK
    ✔️Works with any number of trackers
    ✔️Supports OpenXR for future/past device compatibility
    ✔️Works with all SteamVR tracked headsets + Vive trackers
    ✔️Can work with non-SteamVR headsets with Vive trackers using common workarounds (see Readme)
    ✔️Create realistic animated character animations for your Metaverse/XR experiences and games!

R1ToolsPrev_01.gif

Works with
    • Unity 2020.3.34 or higher
    • OpenXR Package
    • Built-In, URP, HDRP
    Technical Details:
    • Works with OpenXR + SteamVR or other supported OpenXR runtimes that support Vive Trackers
    • Records and saves character animations within the editor in your scenes/game levels
    • Optional support for FinalIK VRIK for superior character IK
    • Supports Mecanim for Unity Engine powered character IK

For support, please refer to the documentation and contact email on Unity Asset Store

2. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Getting Started:

FinalIK VRIK Integration:

Tweaking Vive Tracker Offsets:

Immersive-Matthew likes this.
  3. Immersive-Matthew

Immersive-Matthew

I cannot say enough good things about this tool and this developer. Recording your animations, in the very place the animation will exist in scene, is truly amazing. It really snaps you into the character's headspace like no other. Being able to interact with objects and have them recorded too...so next level. Like really amazing. Here is me snapping into the Globe Theatre scene snapping clip.

I had so much fun animating all the characters in my ride with this tool. Right from the start, this tool was destined for the Asset store as there really is nothing like it for indies. This is the indie mocap solution we have wanted. Best part is, it will only get better as the tech improves which is going to open up some interesting performance possibilities.

Love to hear what you are all creating and if a dark ride, come on over to the Discord as there are plenty of others there who would love to learn what you are doing.

TigerHix and ROBYER1 like this.
  4. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

I have recently released an update that allows this tool to work with the new Unity Input System Pose Control driver via #USE_INPUT_SYSTEM_POSE_CONTROL

I will continue to collect developer feedback and improve the asset, I love hearing how you are using the tool to animate characters in your projects!