Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] OpenCV for Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by EnoxSoftware, Oct 30, 2014.

1. thehrn

thehrn

Hello, I am using Dlib and Open Cv to Render 3d Object on a human face but I don't know how to get head position and rotation please help me...

2. EnoxSoftware

EnoxSoftware

It is possible to convert from WebCamTexture to Mat with the Utils.webCamTextureToMat () method.
    http://enoxsoftware.github.io/OpenC..._utils.html#aeeda3232da0902dc25f723e5bf0f1eb1
    Also, By combining NatCam and OpenCVForUnity it is possible to convert video to Mat faster.
    https://github.com/EnoxSoftware/NatCamWithOpenCVForUnityExample

3. pixpypix

pixpypix

I want to make a face tracking robot with the help of my Android phone, I'll combine it with Arduino,
    But Can you tell me how to use this asset to detect the position of the face and on the screen. #imnoob

4. Michael_Spitzer_at_Goodly_Innovations

Michael_Spitzer_at_Goodly_Innovations

Sorry for this question... But if I'm understanding the licensing scheme correctly, I can't use this asset in a commercial application - unless it shows the 3-clause bds license notice somewhere. Is that correct?

5. eco_bach

eco_bach

Hi.
    I'm concerned with performance when using a webcam stream since I will be playing back on a low end PC (older Intel NUC). I noticed there is a Mat To texture In RenderThread Example that performs exceptionally well.

If I applied this code to other demos using webcam streams( ie Asynchronous Face Detection WebCam Texture) , should I notice any performance improvements?

6. twfarro

twfarro

I'm a little confused. I saw the updates to the Marker and Markerless AR Demo projects today. They say they need OpenCV For Unity v2.3.3. However, the last version of that asset is v2.3.2.

I thought maybe this was a typo, but when you import the updated demos, they are unable to find any OpenCV libraries. Is OpenCV v2.3.3 coming soon?

mozdemir17 likes this.
  7. EnoxSoftware

EnoxSoftware

I apologize for the inconvenience.
    OpenCV for Unity v2.3.3 is in pending review status.
    The latest version will be published to Asset Store within a few days.
    opencv4.0.0_features.png

You can get an older version of Example from the github repository.
    https://github.com/EnoxSoftware/MarkerLessARExample

twfarro likes this.
  8. phucpebble

phucpebble

hi EnoxSoftware,
    I am trying to test with "CV Vtuber Example (1.0.2)" but erros.
    I bought "OpenCV for Unity (2.3.2)” and “Dlib FaceLandmark Detector (1.2.5)" and import as the order in help: "CV Vtuber Example" -> "OpenCV for Unity" -> "Dlib FaceLandmark" and set "Set plugin import setting".
    My Unity version is 2018.2.15f1 personal and run on MacOS 10.15.5. (I have tried again with Windows 10, Unity 2018.2.2f1 but still got the same errors)
    it always shows these errors:
    - Assets/CVVTuberExample/CVVTuber/Scripts/DlibHeadRotationGetter.cs(5,22): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `UnityUtils' does not exist in the namespace `OpenCVForUnity'. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    - Assets/CVVTuberExample/CVVTuber/Scripts/DlibHeadRotationGetter.cs(6,22): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `CoreModule' does not exist in the namespace `OpenCVForUnity'. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    - Assets/CVVTuberExample/CVVTuber/Scripts/DlibHeadRotationGetter.cs(7,22): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Calib3dModule' does not exist in the namespace `OpenCVForUnity'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

.... and many others: 'ImgprocModule', 'VideoioModule', 'MatOfPoint3f', 'PoseData', 'Mat'...
    I try to fix but can not. I just found some namespace like 'Core', 'Calib3d' ... so are there any wrong here ?
    Could you help to show me ASAP the way to fix with this, it is quite urgent.
    Many thanks you.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    mozdemir17 likes this.
  9. EnoxSoftware

EnoxSoftware

Could you use CVVTuber 1.0.1 instead of CVVTuber 1.0.2? You can get an older version of CVVTuber from the github repository. Older version code corresponds to OpenCVForUnity v2.3.2.
    https://github.com/EnoxSoftware/CVVTuberExample

The latest version will be published to Asset Store within a few days.

phucpebble likes this.
  10. EnoxSoftware

EnoxSoftware

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    mozdemir17 and phucpebble like this.
  11. phucpebble

phucpebble

hi EnoxSoftware,

Thank you so much for quick help, but it is still conflicted between CVVTuberExam (1.0.1) and Dlib Facelandmark Detector (1.2.5), which support for OpenCVforUnity 2.3.3 only.
    In my computer:
    - CVVTuberExam (1.0.1)
    - Dlib Facelandmark Detector (1.2.5) (I could not download 1.2.4)
    - OpenCVforUnity (2.3.2)

MacOS 10.15.5 and Unity version is 2018.2.15f1 still shows errors:
    - Assets/CVVTuberExample/CVVTuber/Scripts/DlibFaceLandmarkGetter.cs(91,67): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Utils' does not exist in the namespace `DlibFaceLandmarkDetector'. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    - Assets/CVVTuberExample/CVVTuberExample.cs(24,96): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Utils' does not exist in the namespace `DlibFaceLandmarkDetector'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Could you enable link for Dlib Facelandmark Detector (1.2.4), or could you send to me by email phucpebble@gmail.com (I bought by this email before, you can check again) ?
    Thank you so much and I am looking for your news soon.

12. EnoxSoftware

EnoxSoftware

I just sent you DlibFaceLandmarkDetector v1.2.4.

Even in DlibFaceLandmarkDetector v1.2.5, by changing 'DlibFaceLandmarkDetector.Utils' to 'DlibFaceLandmarkDetector.UnityUtils.Utils', the example works fine.

Code (CSharp):
    1.             versionInfo.text += " / dlibfacelandmarkdetector" + " " + DlibFaceLandmarkDetector.UnityUtils.Utils.getVersion ();
    Code (CSharp):
    1.             dlibShapePredictorFilePath = DlibFaceLandmarkDetector.UnityUtils.Utils.getFilePath (dlibShapePredictorFileName);

phucpebble likes this.
  13. twfarro

twfarro

No inconvenience at all! I already had been using the old example and was just curious as to what changed or improved in the new one.

14. phucpebble

phucpebble

hi EnoxSoftware,
    Thank you so much, it worked well both 2 ways with your instruction. Do you know when OpenCV for Unity 2.3.3 is available ?

15. EnoxSoftware

EnoxSoftware

The review of Asset will be completed within two or three days on average. I applied for the review of OpenCVforUnity v2.3.3 on December 3rd, so I think that it will be released within a few days.

16. EnoxSoftware

EnoxSoftware

Utils.fastTexture2DToMat () requires that the type of mat is CvType.CV_8U or CvType.CV_8S. This limitation is not my intended behavior, so it will be fixed in a future update.
    Using Utils.copyToMat () instead of Utils.fastTexture2DToMat () will work without problems.
    Code (CSharp):
    1.             Texture2D uvmap = new Texture2D (512, 512, TextureFormat.RGFloat, false, true) {
    2.                 wrapMode = TextureWrapMode.Clamp,
    3.                 filterMode = FilterMode.Point,
    4.             };
    6.             Mat mat = new Mat (uvmap.width, uvmap.height, CvType.CV_32FC2);
    8. //          Utils.fastTexture2DToMat (uvmap, mat);
    9.             Utils.copyToMat (uvmap.GetRawTextureData (), mat);

17. Seven27

Seven27

Hi, I'm trying to compose a scene with Zed Camera (Stero Camera)
    Is there any way to get the image of a single lens? Thank you

Attached Files:

• test.jpg
      test.jpg
      File size:
      389.1 KB
      Views:
  18. sam598

sam598

In version 2.3.2 ArUco markers generated from "ArUcoCreateMarkerExample" are being flipped vertically when saved, which makes the markers unreadable.

flipped_example.jpg

Looking forward to 2.3.3! Will it have the kinect fusion algorithm from OpenCV 4.0?

19. EnoxSoftware

EnoxSoftware

20. EnoxSoftware

EnoxSoftware

21. EnoxSoftware

EnoxSoftware

That's correct.
    When using OpenCV, it is necessary to display 3-clause BSD License notice somewhere.

22. EnoxSoftware

EnoxSoftware

Probably, I think that performance will improve somewhat.

23. sandman3

sandman3

I am using the latest Windows 10, not macOS. I also found that turning off development build in the Build Settings works for me. When it's on I always get the error, when it's off everything is fine, but it's more difficult to debug my project, which is not ideal.

24. EnoxSoftware

EnoxSoftware

Could you change the code as follows? This bug will be fixed in a future version.
    https://github.com/EnoxSoftware/Ope...ArUcoExample/ArUcoCreateMarkerExample.cs#L170
    Code (CSharp):
    1.             Utils.matToTexture2D (markerImg, texture, true, 0, true);
    Unfortunately, the rgbd module is not implemented in OpenCVForUnity 2.3.3. https://github.com/opencv/opencv_contrib/tree/master/modules/rgbd

25. EnoxSoftware

EnoxSoftware

Thank you very much for reporting.
    I succeeded in reproducing this problem also in my environment. But, when I tested with Unity 5.6.6f2, build succeeded even if DevelopmentBuild is enabled.
    I would like to investigate further.

26. jasonwaltersxyz

jasonwaltersxyz

@EnoxSoftware could you please share how to use the WhiteBalancer? Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  27. heaversm

heaversm

Not having luck compiling for Ubuntu 16.04. Followed these instructions and confirmed webcam works via webcamtests.com. Can compile successfully for mac. Anybody have luck doing this?

Attached Files:

28. EnoxSoftware

EnoxSoftware

https://stackoverflow.com/questions...ebalancer-balancewhite-with-python-and-opencv
    Code (CSharp):
    1.             Utils.setDebugMode (true);
    4.             Texture2D imgTexture = Resources.Load ("lena") as Texture2D;
    6.             Mat imgMat = new Mat (imgTexture.height, imgTexture.width, CvType.CV_8UC3);
    8.             Utils.texture2DToMat (imgTexture, imgMat);
    9.             Debug.Log ("imgMat.ToString() " + imgMat.ToString ());
    12.             Mat outputMat = new Mat ();
    14.             GrayworldWB grayworldWB = Xphoto.createGrayworldWB ();
    15.             grayworldWB.setSaturationThreshold (0.99f);
    16.             grayworldWB.balanceWhite (imgMat, outputMat);
    19.             Texture2D texture = new Texture2D (outputMat.cols (), outputMat.rows (), TextureFormat.RGBA32, false);
    21.             Utils.matToTexture2D (outputMat, texture);
    23.             gameObject.GetComponent<Renderer> ().material.mainTexture = texture;
    26.             Utils.setDebugMode (false);

jasonwaltersxyz likes this.
  29. SpiderJones

SpiderJones

Hi, I need image recognition. I don't need AR, I just need my app to download an image from a server, and then recognize that image when in it's in the camera feed. Should I use the MarkerLess AR Example? And then just strip out/ignore the AR stuff? Thanks.

30. MagicK47

MagicK47

I want to run openpose case scenarios on my computer or mobile phone. I have downloaded relevant files and models. But the runtime flashes back directly, both in the editor and on the phone

Attached Files:

31. nykwil

nykwil

I hope this is isn't a stupid questions but how do you access data in a upper dimensional Mat. Like > 2. Like I have a Mat that's [1,1,N,7].
    Ideally I would just do mat[0][0][2] or something but I know you can't do that. From what I've read the official opencv docs suggest you access the data directly and just index in. I'm just not sure how you do that with. Is there a better way?

Small observations while I was looking to solve this. Core.Split does not do what I thought it would do. If I split my Mat the results are still 4 dimensions should it be 3?
    Also the .size() is supposed to return an array with the size of each dimension not a fixed 2d array. Like .size() should return [1,1, 31, 7]

32. nykwil

nykwil

I think the StreammingAssets folder is hardcoded to be at the root (at least while running in the editor).

EnoxSoftware likes this.
  33. EnoxSoftware

EnoxSoftware

You can get whether a pattern was detected with the patternDetector.findPattern () method.
    https://github.com/EnoxSoftware/Mar...mple/WebCamTextureMarkerLessARExample.cs#L336

By commenting out these lines, it is possible to ignore the AR.
    https://github.com/EnoxSoftware/Mar...WebCamTextureMarkerLessARExample.cs#L339-L363

SpiderJones likes this.
  34. EnoxSoftware

EnoxSoftware

For now, there is no better way to access Mat of more than three dimensions.

The split () method splits multi-channel mat into separate single channel mat.
    Also, The size () method to get the size of each dimension will be added in the next version (2.3.3).
    Code (CSharp):
    1.             Debug.Log ("imgMat.size(0) " + imgMat.size (0));
    2.             Debug.Log ("imgMat.size(1) " + imgMat.size (1));
    3.             Debug.Log ("imgMat.size(2) " + imgMat.size (2));

35. EnoxSoftware

EnoxSoftware

I asked Unity Support about the review. I got a reply that the Asset Review Team is now in the holiday season so it will take some more time to finish the review.

Until OpenCVForUnity 2.3.3 is published in AssetStore, you can download examples of older versions from the following DL link.

DlibFaceLandmarkDetector_v1.2.5_to_v1.2.4_Patch.unitypackage
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4ggi4ps4...ctor_v1.2.5_to_v1.2.4_Patch.unitypackage?dl=0
    By importing this unitypackage you can downgrade DlibFaceLandmarkDetector v1.2.5 to DlibFaceLandmarkDetector v1.2.4. Please import DlibFaceLandmarkDetector v1.2.5 from AssetStore and then import this patch. FaceSwapperExample 1.0.7, FaceMaskExample 1.0.6 and CVVTuberExample 1.0.1 require DlibFaceLandmarkDetector 1.2.4.

CVVTuberExample1.0.1
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/tccnr216bwq1xiq/CVVTuberExample1.0.1.unitypackage?dl=0

DlibFaceLandmarkDetectorPlayMakerActions1.0.2
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jkwsk6c2p...tectorPlayMakerActions1.0.2.unitypackage?dl=0

OpenCVForUnityPlayMakerActions1.0.5
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/x4xo907pnda7chh/OpenCVForUnityPlayMakerActions1.0.5.unitypackage?dl=0

FaceMaskExample1.0.6
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/aly2gtf5vmji6x6/FaceMaskExample1.0.6.unitypackage?dl=0

FaceSwapperExample1.0.7
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gwa0v8eunqjnv5/FaceSwapperExample1.0.7.unitypackage?dl=0

FaceTrackerExample1.1.8
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/u2cx1nlkddz8lnn/FaceTrackerExample1.1.8.unitypackage?dl=0

MarkerBasedARExample1.2.1
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/u2rfto39ohu18ja/MarkerBasedARExample1.2.1.unitypackage?dl=0

MarkerLessARExample1.0.4
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/rpovz53y3hhhlgj/MarkerLessARExample1.0.4.unitypackage?dl=0

RealTimeFaceRecognitionExample1.0.4
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/rjot3qaih580xyp/RealTimeFaceRecognitionExample1.0.4.unitypackage?dl=0

twfarro likes this.
  36. ZerotheLone

ZerotheLone

Hello,
    I'm trying to set up my own face recognition using the WebCamToMatHelper (so that on android I can rotate 90 degrees) but I keep getting this error:
    "MissingComponentException: There is no 'Renderer' attached to the "userImage" game object, but a script is trying to access it."

I'm guessing this is because I'm using an Image UI object which has an image instead of a renderer. Is there a way to make it work with an image? Or does it have to be with a object like a quad (used in your face detection example)?

Thank you.

37. nykwil

nykwil

I can't seem to figure out how to index into the Mat, in the examples I've seen (in c++) you would get a pointer to the data.

38. EnoxSoftware

EnoxSoftware

Of course, it is possible to set texture to Image UI object.

Code (CSharp):
    1.         public Image UIImage;
    4.         /// <summary>
    5.         /// Raises the web cam texture to mat helper initialized event.
    6.         /// </summary>
    7.         public void OnWebCamTextureToMatHelperInitialized ()
    8.         {
    9.             Debug.Log ("OnWebCamTextureToMatHelperInitialized");
    11.             Mat webCamTextureMat = webCamTextureToMatHelper.GetMat ();
    13.             texture = new Texture2D (webCamTextureMat.cols (), webCamTextureMat.rows (), TextureFormat.RGBA32, false);
    15. //            gameObject.GetComponent<Renderer> ().material.mainTexture = texture;
    16.             UIImage.material.mainTexture = texture;
    UIImage.PNG
    UIImage2.PNG

39. integence

integence

Could you please push Unity Support a little bit harder? It is already a month since we waiting for 2.3.3. How long Review Team can be on their holidays? It doesn't look very pro from Unity side.

In the meantime maybe you could publish 2.3.3 unitypackage on dropbox/git/whatever? You can make it private and send only to your consumers if you like. I am delaying my project because of this update, and it really make me sad to wait for so long :(

40. nykwil

nykwil

I'm sorry to pry but how do I index directly into a Mat.

In c++ it would look something like this:
    Code (csharp):
    1. float* data = (float*)mat[0].data;
    2. for (size_t i = 0; i < mat[0].total(); ++i) {
    3.     float value = data[i];
    4.     // ...
    5. }
    I really appreciate all the support you give.

41. moyado

moyado

42. EnoxSoftware

EnoxSoftware

Could you tell me the Invoice number? https://enoxsoftware.com/opencvforunity/contact/other-inquiry/
    I will send you the download link of OpenCVForUnity 2.3.3.

invoice.png

43. UDN_4294fde7-2ef1-41b0-a01c-b992df3d9fd0

UDN_4294fde7-2ef1-41b0-a01c-b992df3d9fd0

Hello EnoxSoftware,
    I would like to purchase your plugin to perform a simple image recognition in order to display a 2D animation after the recognition.
    I wanted to know if we can have a demo version or alternatively a complete guide before buying the plugin.
    Thanks in advance.

44. EnoxSoftware

EnoxSoftware

Code (CSharp):
    1.             Mat mat = new Mat (3, 3, CvType.CV_32FC1);
    2.             mat.put (0, 0, new float[] {
    3.                 1.0f,
    4.                 2.0f,
    5.                 3.0f,
    6.                 4.0f,
    7.                 5.0f,
    8.                 6.0f,
    9.                 7.0f,
    10.                 8.0f,
    11.                 9.0f
    12.             });
    13.             Debug.Log ("mat.dump() " + mat.dump ());
    15.             float[] data = new float[mat.width () * mat.height () * mat.channels ()];
    16.             mat.get (0, 0, data);
    18.             for (int i = 0; i < data.Length; i++) {
    19.                 Debug.Log ("data[" + i + "] " + data [i]);
    20.             }

45. Michaelbgdrs

Michaelbgdrs

URGENT Request for 2.3.3 has been send to your email that was found on your official website.
    Thank you.

46. RHD

RHD

Hello,

On your website there's a demo of someone using face detection to fly a plane.
    Is there a similar example, where face detection is used to trigger or control a game object, in any on the demos included with the package?
    Thank you.

47. integence

integence

Thank you very much! :)

48. ivotil

ivotil

Hello, I am using MarkerlessAR example for creating app for Gear VR.
    However, while using the live webcamtexture alone without detection algorithm seems OK to utilize but when added with pattern detection it becomes too slow and laggy to use in real-time.

For my application I do not need the whole frame from the livefeed of webcamtexture (e.g. 1920 x 1080) to watch, rather I need bottom half of the frame or certain ROI in below center (rectangle) as objects for tracking will not be placed there at all. So I am guessing cropping the live feed by creating a new mat would improve the performance. Is it correct?

Frankly I am quite new to OpenCV and C#, and banging my head against the wall and lost where to start. it would be very helpful if you can give me any advice or example code to implement my purpose.

Thank you!!

-----edit------
    Successfully created new roi mat, and is there any way I can get the x,y coordinates and x, y size of the tracked marker? I would like to assign those data to a new mat, and use it as a texture in Unity. Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  49. EnoxSoftware

EnoxSoftware

I just updated the NatCamWithOpenCVForUnityExample project to 1.0.3 (Update to NatCam 2.1f3).
    https://github.com/EnoxSoftware/NatCamWithOpenCVForUnityExample

50. EnoxSoftware

EnoxSoftware

Unfortunately, the example, where face detection is used to trigger or control a game object is not included in OpenCVforUnity package.