Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] OJYA LEADERBOARD V6 - The best and most complete Facebook leaderboard - Facebook API 16

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by andyvene, Dec 2, 2016.

1. layinka

layinka

Hi,
    Can i use this if i plan to publish to facebook?

Will it work in gameroom and facebook page tab?

Also, will it work well , with Unity 2017.2 ?

I assume i dont have to download the facebook sdk for unity any longer

2. andyvene

andyvene

Hello,
    - Yes, you can publish to Facebook timeline. Uses the me/feed and game.celebrate. If this what you ask.

- OjyaLeaderboard is for mobile only, iOS and Android. I have never tried compile as HTML5.
    Of course in unity build there is the option Facebook Gameroom.
    All Ojyaleaderboard code is the same for iOS and Android. Unity then compiles different. So i presume that this will work also for Facebook game room. Have to try.

- I have to download and check with newer version of Unity. As it doesn't use particular function for graphics this should work without problem with the newer versions, but i will do a test and tell you shortly.

- The Facebook SDK comes with the OjyaLeaderboard. No need for further installation.

OjyaLeaderboard is a plug and play with just 4 variables.
    Of course you can change with easy the leaderboard behaviour, as i try to explain every function inside the PDF and with comments inside the scripts.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  3. andyvene

andyvene

Ojya Leaderboard v1.6
    Facebook API 2.10
    *Soon Out*

- Ojya Leaderboard current version 1.5.6 is compatible with Unity 2017.2 release.
    Please, visit our site only for a small fix that can be done easy by the developer.
    Concerns a fix in the color of the font used for posting to
    Facebook timeline a challenge.
    Site section 'Fixes-Updates'.

- Also the new upcoming version 1.6 is compatible with Unity 2017.2 release.

Among the other new functions, now it is possible to ask and send bonus directly from inside the post challenge panel, to the user you selected to challenge (the send bonus from inside the panel is deliberately used and not after request of the user to challenge, as it is used mainly in ojyaleaderboard).

Next version will be submitted with the Unity v5.5 as always , but the developer can use it without problems also with the 2017.2 release.

Ojya Games - OjyaLeaderboard
    Ojya Leaderboard - Asset Store

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  4. andyvene

andyvene

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  5. andyvene

andyvene

Ojya Leaderboard v1.6
    Facebook API 2.10
    *Released*

- Upgraded to Facebook SDK 7.9.4 for Facebook Game Room support (game room needs Unity 5.6 and above).
    - Tested with the latest Unity 2017.2 release.
    - New Bonus function 'app requests', works now using an Object created by the developer using the Facebook
    Object- Browser. Although ,the Bonus function will still work without defining an object, as it was before.
    - New 'Server Configure' function. Will set some variables of the game using a text file from a link.
    Useful for development and also for the final product.
    - Changed the object type of the object used in 'AllGameUsers' play mode. Support also the old one.
    See details in PDF.
    - Better code for some of the IEnumarator methods in OGScore.cs. Inserted a timeout IEnumerator method for the
    Facebook calls.
    - Inserted the asking and sending bonus function also inside the post challenge panel. Will send request to the user selected for challenge.

6. andyvene

andyvene

Ojya Leaderboard v1.6
    Facebook API 2.10
    *Released*
    - PDF updated in Section C 'Score Mechanism' , explaining how to use the ojyaleaderboard andyfunc.getTable(...) method to extract information of the list 'listOrderLevel' that holds all the users' score information.

Visit site in section 'Fixes-Updates' to download the PDF.

7. andyvene

andyvene

Ojya Leaderboard v1.6.1
    Facebook API 2.10
    *Released*

- New update . Now almost all facebook calls and the WWW classes for downloading the images profile from facebook have a timeout function value. So the game will not stop if an idle occurs on facebook calls or in the process of downloading the images even if internet connection still exists (not offline). Read the PDF in section K.

- New preview panels for posting in facebook challenges and celebrations , using the me/feed and also the game.celebrate facebook call. Preview corresponds as text and image to the post in timeline, as facebook asks for policy.

Post challenge - me/feed
    Bonus panel

Game.Celebrate

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  8. zero_null

zero_null

Now when Facebook doesn't approve publish_actions for games that are using it solely for score API. How will this package still function ???

9. andyvene

andyvene

How you are using the leaderboard? Only for scores? And not for posting to timeline, i mean the other functions? What exactly did they say?

Anyway, Facebook explains that you cannot have publish_actions permissions only if you use the score API(this from 16 SEP 2017). (https://developers.facebook.com/docs/games/services/scores-achievements/)

Facebook always wants by using your game to promote not only your app but to invite also other people to use your game and use more Facebook in general.
    This will happen only when your game and user posts to timeline infos about your game or the progress of a player during the game.
    And using Facebook for your game , the main reason, is to do this thing. Promote...
    The score mechanism is not the primary reason to have a game using Facebook.

And one more thing. OjyaLeaderboard is NOT using the classic Facebook Score API.
    It has its own mechanism using other Facebook open graph actions to share score info.
    That is why you can have a complete leaderboard with levels, and not only the highest score.

So, using the games.celebrate and the me/feed for posting to timeline is the main thing Facebook wants for the publish_actions permissions.

Please, use OjyaLeaderboard with all it's functions for the app review, and not only score.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  10. andyvene

andyvene

Ojya Leaderboard v1.6.2m
    Facebook API 2.10
    *Out soon*

- New update for challenge your friend and posting to timeline, with new preview panels. (update for facebook policy)
    - Multi leaderboard option. Now you can have various leaderboards with different names each one with levels, scores and bonus info for sharing. Enabled with a boolean.
    - Changes and fixes.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  11. andyvene

andyvene

Ojya Leaderboard v1.6.2m
    Facebook API 2.10
    *Out soon*

- OjyaLeaderboard is maybe the most complete facebook leaderboard with unique functions for gaming, score and sharing. All that using facebook host only.

I update always and when i can, i insert also new features and request from the users developers of ojyaleaderboard.
    It has a unique score mechanism and also an error free game play. The leaderboard will works always even offline and update the scores the next time it gets online.
    Crash test are made extensively to make this leaderboard error free.
    Updates have being made considering the latest API and also the latest facebook policy.
    Although i try to focus on code mainly, from time to time i review the Ojyaleaderboard on my facebook developer site.

As for today 21-Nov-2017, with the last changes, OjyaLeaderboard obtained the facebook app review for the following permissions:
    publish actions, friends lists, email and public profile.

Load the latest PDF for information for the app review form our site section 'Fixes-Updates'
    Also, you can download the video-screencast for the facebook app review i made this days, as an example to make yours.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  12. andyvene

andyvene

Ojya Leaderboard v1.6.2m
    Facebook API 2.10
    *RELEASED*

- New update for challenge your friend and posting to timeline, with new preview panels. (update for facebook policy)
    - Multi leaderboard option. Now you can have various leaderboards with different names each one with levels, scores and bonus info for sharing. Enabled with a boolean.
    - Changes and fixes.

Download also today's PDF from our site in section 'Fixes-Updates'.

YouTube channel

13. andyvene

andyvene

Ojya Leaderboard v1.7
    Facebook API 2.11
    *Out soon*

- New update. No bug fixes but only improved code for some functions and some add ons on UI section.
    - The panel of making scores now shows the world-level name and also the name of the leaderboard if multi-leaderboard mode is enabled.
    - Methods for world-levels have been moved to 'facebookSettingsEditor' script.

YouTube channel

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  14. andyvene

andyvene

Ojya Leaderboard v1.7
    Facebook API 2.11
    *RELEASED*

- New update. No bug fixes but only improved code for some functions and some add ons on UI section.
    - The panel of making scores now shows the world-level name and also the name of the leaderboard if multi-leaderboard mode is enabled.
    - Methods for world-levels have been moved to 'facebookSettingsEditor' script.

YouTube channel

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  15. andyvene

andyvene

Ojya Leaderboard v2
    Facebook API 2.12
    *Out Soon*

A Great Update Increasing The Game Experience
    Sharing Game Items

With this important update now your players can share multi-bonus items in your game, instead of only one of the previous versions.
    Share game items like energy, keys, heart, shield, magic portions etc.
    You can configure easily the items like names and images , using the two dictionaries. The rest will do Ojya Leaderboard for you.
    Read inside the PDF for how to use the new feature.

Increase the playability of your game using the share function of Ojya Leaderboard ... and your players will love it !

Ojya Leaderboard is your facebook swiss army knife for your Unity games.

YouTube channel

Selecting the type of bonus to ask

Give game items to your friends that ask for

Get the game items your friends gave to you

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  16. andyvene

andyvene

17. andyvene

andyvene

Ojya Leaderboard v2
    Facebook API 2.12
    Promotion for only 2 days

Get Ojya Leaderboard with a discount in those 2 days and you will have a great leaderboard asset for your games.
    Visit our site.

YouTube channel

18. andyvene

andyvene

Ojya Leaderboard v2
    Facebook API 2.12
    *Promotion - Ended*

Get Ojya Leaderboard with a discount and you will have a great facebook-leaderboard asset for your games.
    Visit our site until the 26 of January.

YouTube channel

19. andyvene

andyvene

Ojya Leaderboard v2
    Facebook API 2.12

*Increase the game experience of your game*

Ojya Leaderboard for Unity is a great add-on for your games, that will increase the game playability of your game, by introducing a complete leaderboard, so well made , that you can use it immediately.
    It has every possible function a game developer could ask , from score , sharing game items and challenging other players.
    And all this using the most used social network... Facebook. And this means the best promotion for your game.

Visit our site for more details.

YouTube channel

20. andyvene

andyvene

Ojya Leaderboard v2
    Facebook API 2.12
    * March Promotion for only 2 days *

Get Ojya Leaderboard with a great discount in 31 of March and 1st of April and you will have a great facebook leaderboard asset for your games.
    Visit our site in the below link.

YouTube channel

21. jGate99

jGate99

Hi, where is promotion?

22. andyvene

andyvene

This is a promotion only in our site. Limited 2 days. Section Introduction, at the bottom , get OjyaLeaderboard.

23. jGate99

jGate99

I tried finding but failed, let me try again please

24. andyvene

andyvene

Ojya Leaderboard v2.1
    Facebook API 2.12
    * RELEASED *

New update for OjyaLeaderboard to version 2.1 and two Unity editor windows for easy access of the facebook and game settings.
    Now OjyaLeaderboard becomes plug and play with this editor window.

- New method for removing a bonus-item from the inventory list of items.
    - For the developer new function for deleting a bonus-item by keep pressing on it.
    - New OjyaDllCode file.
    - Before importing OjyaLeaderboard in your project, we created a Unitor editor window for creating automatically the Ojyaleaderboard tags in your project.
    - A very useful Inspector editor window for managing and saving presets of the main OjyaLeaderboard values, from facebook and game.
    The 'OjyaEditorCom.cs' editor script can be downloaded from our site and placed in the main folder 'OjyaLeaderboard/Scripts/'.
    The 'TagsInsertOjya.cs' editor script the same but inserted in your main project in the script folder before importing OjyaLeaderboard package.
    New Unity menu 'Ojya Editor' is created.

The two scripts are available to download here. Read the PDF included before.
    Zip password is the name of the bool in line 32 of the 'OGScores.cs' script.
    Main Facebook and Game Settings

Saving and Loading presets of your project
    for facebook settings and game functions

Creating the Ojya tags in your project
    before importing OjyaLeaderboard

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  25. andyvene

andyvene

26. jGate99

jGate99

Does it support Standalone Builds with the help of Embeded Browser?

27. andyvene

andyvene

I am not user what you mean, but it supports login with Native app and Embeded Browser on iOS and Android.
    At Facebook Gameroom there is only way to login.
    The only thing that it does not support is when you test OjyaLeaderboard from the Unity Player , directly, it does not open the facebook dialogs. This has to do with the Facebook SDK for Unity and not with OjyaLeaderboard.
    But apart this, it is fully functional also from the Unity Editor play, for testing.

28. andyvene

andyvene

Ojya Leaderboard v3
    Facebook API 3.0
    * RELEASED *

Yes...!! Facebook API 3.0
    After important depreciations in the facebook api in version 3 OjyaLeaderboard is getting better with the same features and even more.
    • Double Server Mode for the score database. In OjyaLeaderboard v3 and with facebook API 3.0 you can select with a boolean to use ONLY the facebook server for the scores, as before, or the new SQL Ojya database (with a really plug and play method).
    • Posting to facebook timeline custom image , the post challenge and the game cellebration, now uses real meta tags with the most great view and information, as it was before API 2.8 (caption,link,message etc).
    • With 2 Ojya editor windows, OjyaLeaderboard Values and the PHP SQL functions, you can setup easily and fast the most important values of your leaderboard.
    • Operational at 100% also the great function to share bonus, game items between players.
    • Updating your game with the new OjyaLeaderboard v3 ,will transfer the old scores from the Facebook API 2.xx server to the new facebook scores mode for API 3.0 or to your SQL database, depends what you selected.

Mode1: Facebook API 2.x - Facebook Server Scores - Facebook Server timeline post
    Mode2: Facebook API 3.0 - Facebook Server Scores - Facebook with FTP timeline post
    Mode3: Facebook API 3.0 - FTP-SQL Server Scores - Facebook with FTP timeline post

OjyaLeaderboard V3 is the facebook leaderboard that keeps all it's functions continuing to use the facebook server for saving the data scores even after the release of API 3.0.

Version 3 needs you have a web hosting service , for using the leaderboard at 100%, unless you use only the facebook server score mechanism and you post to fb time line prefixed images and text. Read the PDF.

Download the PDF from our site and watch also the tutorial for setting up OjyaLeaderboard V3.
    Zip password : the name of the boolean in line 32 of OGScores.cs script.
    (link of the video tutorial in the first page of the PDF).

Get OjyaLeaderboard v3 and soon also in the Asset Store.

YouTube channel

Challenge post with custom image and text on runtime

Game Celebrate with custom image and text on runtime

Editor panel for setting the sql database,
    with server response window.

OjyaLeaderboad Values window

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  29. andyvene

andyvene

Ojya Leaderboard v3
    Facebook API 3.0
    * RELEASED *

I have re-arranged better the OjyaLeaderboard for Unity PDF so now it is focused more on Version 3 and facebook API 3.0. Best for the new users. I left also the old version.
    You can download it by visiting our site in Section 'Fixes-Updates'.

Get OjyaLeaderboard v3 and soon also in the Asset Store.

YouTube channel

30. tuantran12

tuantran12

Hey andyvene, I need a step-by-step tutorial show me how to implement this into my project. I read all the things you wrote in the document but have no idea how to use it.

31. tuantran12

tuantran12

How can I open Ojya values panel? I clicked on Ojya editor/OjyaLeaderboard value but nothing open.

32. tuantran12

tuantran12

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
    " frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is this a bug?

33. andyvene

andyvene

Hello, i have checked it and solved it.

It does not find the folder 'ojyaValues' in your 'Application.persistentDataPath'. Where your unity game saves data for each game.
    This folder was created manually by me, only for saving the presets of the 'Ojyaleaderboard Values' panel.
    So once you have located the 'Application.persistentDataPath' folder your game uses, create a new folder 'ojyaValues'.

SOLUTION 1
    create the folder 'ojyaValues' in your 'Application.persistentDataPath', as described above

or another solution , save the values without using the folder 'ojyaValues' in 'Application.persistentDataPath'
    You need to do only one change in the 'OjyaEditorCom.cs' script.

57 public static string pathOjyaValuesPresetsB = Application.dataPath + "/OjyaLeaderboard/ojyaExtras/";
    58 public static string pathOjyaValuesPresets = Application.persistentDataPath+"/";

SOLUTION 2
    Use the 'Application.dataPath' instead of 'Application.persistentDataPath'.
    You need to do only one change in the 'OjyaEditorCom.cs' script.
    Lines 57 and 58. Change as below:
    57 public static string pathOjyaValuesPresets = Application.dataPath + "/OjyaLeaderboard/ojyaExtras/";
    58 public static string pathOjyaValuesPresetsB = Application.persistentDataPath+"/ojyaValues/";

('public static string pathOjyaValuesPresetsB' is never used. Is inserted only to make a quick change from one path to another)

Actually i had anticipated this feature without knowing that could create a problem when installing to a new package.
    Anyway will help now !!

I will insert this FIX also in the site Section 'Updates - BugFixes', and use as default the 'Application.dataPath'.

Thanks!

PS. Keep in mind that those editor panels just setup the values of 'FacebookSettingsEditor.cs' script.
    So, you can set them directly there.
    During distribution you can leave them or just remove them, will no affect the game play.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  34. andyvene

andyvene

Ojya Leaderboard v3.1
    Facebook API 3.0
    * OUT SOON *

OjyaLeaderboard v3.1 will be released in a few days, containing some fixes for the 'OjyaLeaderboard Values' editor panel.
    If you want to have the fixes download and replace the 3 old scripts with the new ones:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/imv1fbv0l8r36gb/OjyaLeaderboard V3 fixes.zip?dl=0

Zip password is the name of the boolean in line 32 of 'OGScores.cs' script

Fixes:
    1. 'ojyaValues' folder will be created if missing
    2. setting the values from 'OjyaLeaderboard Values' editor, now is done using serializationObject method.(was not keeping the values when quit the unity project)

Get OjyaLeaderboard v3.1 and soon also in the Asset Store.

YouTube channel

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    tuantran12 likes this.
  35. tuantran12

tuantran12

Hey andyvene, Could you please make a step-by-step tutorial show me how to install/implement/deploy this into my project. I read all the things you wrote in the document but have no idea how to use it.

36. tuantran12

tuantran12

How can I fix this?
    Can you make it get the token automatically?

37. andyvene

andyvene

I sent you in your mail box a step by step to install and setup.

Facebook SDK for Unity never login automatically using the Unity Editor.
    Neither the facebook share dialogs appears.
    Has nothing to do with OjyaLeaderboard.

It works only from the build application ex: iOS, Android, Gameroom.... , there login automatically from the facebook Native App or Web Embeded browser, depends.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    tuantran12 likes this.
  38. andyvene

andyvene

To all customers a new update for the 'Ojya Leaderboard for Unity v3-focused PDF.zip', that contains a second pdf with a very useful pass-to-pass steps for how to install and setup, using the PDF manual and it's sections.
    Also inside the PDF the link of the video tutorial for Version 3.

Visit our site in section 'FIXES and UPDATES'

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    tuantran12 likes this.
  39. tuantran12

tuantran12

hi andyvene! Could you please explain why do we need facebook object id? what does it do? Is it required to use your plug in?
    It would be so much better if you could make a video tutorial how to implement your plug in into a blank Unity project.
    Thank you and best wishes for you!

40. andyvene

andyvene

Hello.
    No. You don't need the 'FBObjectID' variable which is defined in 'FacebookSettingsEditor.cs'.
    It does only change the behavior of the ASK and SEND bonus-items sharing dialog.
    (Instead of 'GO' the name of the facebook button top of the share dialog , will become 'ASK' or 'SEND').
    Leave it blank anyway , or create it directly from the menu 'Ojya Editor' -> 'Create FB Objects'. -> choose 'Object for apprequests'.

If you go in the PDF in Section G, it is very well explained there and also goto to Section M 'Create FB Object' with the editor panel.
    DO NOT create objects anymore using the Object-Browser in the facebook Developer site. Only directly from OjyaLeaderboard editor panel.

Implement OjyaLeaderboard in your game is VERY simple.
    First read the PDF 'Pass to pass setup' diagram for installing and setting up OjyaLeaderboard v3. Now it is very intuitive of the steps.
    Watch also the video tutorial for OjyaLeaderboard V3 for setting FTP-SQL database etc.( link in page 1 of PDF)

The trick is this. OjyaLeaderboard is just another scene of your Game. Simple like that.
    So, you have to know how to change scenes and also pass some variables ex: 'score,level,bonus' from one scene to another.
    This is not OjyaLeaderboard it is just Unity programming. There are tutorials by Unity for that, passing values from one scene to another.

So making a tutorial for implementing OjyaLeaderboard in a blank project would be 1 minute video.
    Maybe i will do it the next week.

Do not forget to watch in our YOUTUBE channel the videos. Just those for version 1.6 and above.

YouTube channel

tuantran12 likes this.
  41. andyvene

andyvene

Ojya Leaderboard v3.1
    Facebook API 3.0
    * Patch v3.2 and Promo*

This is a patch for version 3.1. You have to replace those 2 files:
    'PostChallenge.cs' and 'tagojya.php' in your ftp host server directory.
    OjyaLeaderboard patch 3.2

Zip password is the name of the var string in line 61 in 'PostChallenge.cs' script.

Fixes:
    Now when you click on the post you made in your facebook timeline, will redirect to the link you have specified.
    Will be included in the next update v3.2.

Get OjyaLeaderboard v3.1 on this link with discount until the 25 of August.

YouTube channel

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  42. Vitamin

Vitamin

hi!

can I use "Ojya Leaderboard" to build leaderboard, but only for current month in my game?

thanks!

43. andyvene

andyvene

Hello,
    I am afraid I don't understand. You mean have different leaderboards for different months ?

44. Vitamin

Vitamin

Something like that. I want my leader board to show the data only for current month, but not for all the time that app exists.

45. andyvene

andyvene

Ex. Will have levels from 1 to 100 and those levels with scores will be new -different every month ?

Or if a player has made in level 1 a score than you won't be able to see it next month. Let's say will start from zero again next month.

Please, tell me your leaderboard what information needs. Needs levels also or just a high score for each month? More information I have I can tell you if it is possible without hard modifications.

For example in request of a client I had to make different leaderboards each one with levels.
    Leaderboard name: World1 ,with 70 levels.
    Leaderboard with name World2 , with other 70 levels.

OjyaLeaderboard can be configured as you want, actually it has time information saved in the score data. So it can be filtered the score information for each month.

If you want , contact me also in my email: andy.venetis@me.com

46. Vitamin

Vitamin

yes, like that. No levels, no worlds. just highs core for player, but it should be new each month. is it possible?

47. andyvene

andyvene

Oh yes. In that case it is very simple. Actually you can delete the scores for each player after 30 days.
    But if you want to keep an archive of the past months you can also do it. Let's say that you can create different levels that corresponds to each month. So not 'level 1' but 'October 2018'.
    Actually Ojyaleaderboard is just prepared for that.
    The only thing is just to change the designing of the leaderboard.
    The player will have access only on the month's scores not other past months. (even if you can keep always an archive of the scores done before).

48. Vitamin

Vitamin

Sounds good. I will try your advise. Thank you!

49. andyvene

andyvene

In your case you need to design only the single level leaderboard. Which has the scores from high to low.
    In that case it is named Mounty. But you can change the name to 'October 2018'.

In Ojyaleaderboard those names are fixed in 'FacebookSettingsEditor.cs' in method ' defineWorldDict() '.
    In your case has to be changed in runtime the name of the level-world with the name of the month, OR simple define the dictionary in method defineWorldDict() ,for the next 4 years with 48 months. level1-->October 2018 , level2-->November 2018 etc.

(Keep in mind that in the string where ojyaleaderboard saves the scores it always as 'level1' for the server. But inside Ojyaleaderboard, level1 corresponds to 'Mounty' or 'October 2018' , using methods like 'worldsToLevel' and 'levelToWorlds' in 'FacebookSettingsEditor.cs' and using a c# dictionary for the corresponding)

The name of the level will be changed in runtime using a c# code to get the current date and time. You can find this easily in c# tutorials.( ex: time_t now = time(0); )

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  50. Vitamin

Vitamin

Thank you very much!
    I will try to play with those methods.