Search Unity

1. We want you to join us at GDC this year! Take a peek at all of the events we will be hosting during the week of GDC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Tell us about your experience here and you’ll get early access to the 2018 Game Studios report + more goodies.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Unity 2017.3 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We've closed the job boards. If you're looking for work, or looking to hire check out Unity Connect. You can see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Odin Inspector & Serializer - The Ultimate Workflow Tool ★★★★★

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jorisshh, Jun 15, 2017.

1. jorisshh

jorisshh

Odin v. 1.0.6 is now live - go update if you haven't already. There are some real treats in there ;)

In fact, here's a quick overview of just a few of the improvements available in the latest update:

You can find the full patch notes right here - I really encourage you to especially try playing around with the new fancy Odin Editor Windows!

What do you think about the latest update? Be sure to let us know here or even better; on our Discord server.

Peter77, bjarkeck and Infrid like this.
  2. Infrid

Infrid

My #1 best asset store purchase of all time. You never cease to amaze me. Thanks! btw - your support page on your site is gorgeous - I just shared it with some designer colleagues ;)

bjarkeck likes this.
  3. bjarkeck

bjarkeck

Thanks for the feedback! We'll keep improving the documentation, and the onboarding experience. We also really want to make a manual for editor windows, and showing various ways you can use it to enhance your workflow. But that will most likely come at the end of the 1.0.6.x cycle as there are still a few features in the works that we want to include.

We also just implemented the getting started popup guide. Which we'll also keep improve upon and add more good examples in there.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this, I'm not familiar with BestHTTP. Is it that you want Odin to draw some of BestHTTP's types that they've not included? If so, I would look into making custom value drawers with Odin.

Don't know exactly why you think you need the OnValueChanged attribute? You can just remove that. The field should be rendered just fine on its own without any attributes.

4. Shadowing

Shadowing

Thanks for the responses man.
    when i do using BestHTTP with the rest of the directives it tells me it doesn't exist.
    Or maybe i just need to do my web requests using BestHTTP on another script and call that function from in side your wrapper.

So I guess my question is how do I call a function on a mono behavior script from inside my class?

Im wanting to run a meathod when my CreateQuest button is hit.

Code (csharp):
    1. using UnityEditor;
    2. using Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor;
    3. using Sirenix.OdinInspector;
    4. using UnityEngine;
    5. using Sirenix.Utilities.Editor;
    6. using Sirenix.Utilities;
    8.     public class QuestCreator : OdinEditorWindow
    9.     {
    10.         [MenuItem("Game Tools/Quest Creator")]
    11.         private static void OpenWindow(){
    12.             var window = GetWindow<QuestCreator>();
    13.             window.position = GUIHelper.GetEditorWindowRect().AlignCenter(500, 500);
    14.         }
    15.         public string QuestName;
    16.         [Button(ButtonSizes.Large), GUIColor(0, 1, 0)]
    17.         public void CreateQuest(){
    18.             // call out side function CreateQuest
    19.         }
    20.     }
    Code (csharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using SimpleJSON;
    3. using BestHTTP;
    4. using System;
    6. public class GameToolsQuests : MonoBehaviour {
    8.     public void CreateQuest(){
    9.         HTTPRequest request = new HTTPRequest(new Uri(GameSettings.LPATH+"?page=quests&function=create_quest"), HTTPMethods.Post,create_quest_response);
    10.         request.AddField("session_id", GameSettings.session_id);
    11.         request.Send();
    12.     }
    15.     void create_quest_response(HTTPRequest request, HTTPResponse response) {
    17.         JSONNode json_object = JSON.Parse(response.DataAsText);
    20.     }
    21. }

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  5. Shadowing

Shadowing

I just upgraded from version 5.6 to 2017.3p3 and all my inspector assignments were all set back to default.
    so everywhere I assigned a prefab or set something is all back to default.
    Text components are all fine. Seems it only effected components where Odin effected them.
    Is this a Odin issue? I've never had this happen before when upgrading versions.
    I've upgraded from version 4.6 to 4.7 and so forth all the way up to now with on issues except this time.

Edit: It didn't effect any prefabs interesting enough. So just everything in the scene that Odin effected.

6. bjarkeck

bjarkeck

Thaaanks
    Hey, going to take a deeper look into your questions later. Just wanted to ask, did non-odin serialized members also get reset?

7. Shadowing

Shadowing

ya I think so. Thinking its not related to odin now. I'm reimporting my project again. I think I had a bad install of unity.
    This time I uninstalled it and deleted the Unity folder and then installed it. So just hold up on any on your end. I'll get back to ya.

8. Shadowing

Shadowing

Ya it happen on the 2nd time as well.
    Here is a list of variables it did it on.
    Only the ones in the scene. Interesting enough also only the Active GameObjects in the Scene too. Those inactive GameObjects are also assigned as prefabs too so that may be why as well.

GameObject
    Enum
    And any Component Array or GameObject Array such as GameObject[] or Component[]

Edit: Also it only effected the first scene that was loaded when first Loading the Project.
    I just checked another scene and everything is fine.
    There was a compile error I had to fix do to depreciated code. But after fixing them it never corrected the settings. I also restarted Unity after fixing the error before hitting save scene. Just to make sure.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  9. ben_unity409

ben_unity409

Hey! Odin is a great tool, it's really a pleasure to use it.

Could you add a switch to the TableMatrixAttribute so it draws rows bottom-up -- row [0] on bottom and row [1] drawn above it, etc.?

10. blitzvb

blitzvb

Hey,

Is it possible to visualize simple array not list ?

Thanks in advance

11. trepan

trepan

I've been getting on great with Odin since purchasing it a few weeks back - awesome asset! ...But I'm seeing a couple of problems in 1.0.6 as I'm trying to get my first OdinEditorWindow working.

I'm setting up a tool window similar to the 'Some Texture Tool' example.
    • I have a field with a '[FolderPath(RequireValidPath = true)]' attribute. When I choose a folder I see errors in the console log. I notice the same errors when I choose a folder in the 'Some Texture Tool' example. Probably as a consequence of the error the 'invalid path' warning never goes away. This is the first of four errors:
    InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    System.Collections.Generic.Stack`1[System.Boolean].Pop ()
    UnityEditor.EditorGUI.EndChangeCheck () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:323)
    Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.Drawers.FolderPathAttributeDrawer.DrawPropertyLayout (IPropertyValueEntry`1 entry, Sirenix.OdinInspector.FolderPathAttribute attribute, UnityEngine.GUIContent label) (at D:/Sirenix/Sirenix Solution/Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor/Drawers/Attribute Drawers/FolderPathAttributeDrawer.cs:63)
    • The order that fields are shown in my window is wrong and doesn't seem to be changed by adding '[PropertyOrder()]' attributes. ...I have five editable properties and relative to their class definition order their display order is 3, 4, 1, 2, 5!
    • At the top of the window (and same for the demo ones too) I see a field called 'Persistent View Data Directory'. I notice that on the 'Basic Odin Editor' and 'Some Texture Tool' examples too. Seems odd?
    Thanks again for producing such an amazingly useful asset. Hope there're simple explanations for the above.

12. bjarkeck

bjarkeck

Did you get it solved? Not sure how I can help you I'm afraid. I would need a project that reproduced the problem when upgrading, in order to investigate it. And also some sort of hint that it could be Odin messing it up.

13. bjarkeck

bjarkeck

Thanks, and glad you like it :)

Those were a couple of weird bugs, couldn't reproduce them on my end. What platform are you on? Could you share a script that reproduces both issues?

This one is due to a bug in 2017.3, We've included a fix for it in the next patch. But you can also easily fix it yourself by copy and pasting this script into your project: http://www.sirenix.net/odininspecto...able-json-dictionary-in-my-odin-editor-window

14. bjarkeck

bjarkeck

Sadly not out of the box, but it's a popular request, and we want to add it. For now, though, you could achieve it by hiding the actual serialized two dim array, and and then expose a flipped version to the inspector and keep it updated in OnSerialize/OnDeserialize

Code (CSharp):
    1. public class SomeComponent : SerializedMonoBehaviour
    2. {
    3.     [SerializeField, HideInInspector]
    4.     private bool[,] test = new bool[10, 5];
    6. #if UNITY_EDITOR
    7.     [NonSerialized, ShowInInspector]
    8.     private bool[,] flipped;
    10.     protected override void OnBeforeSerialize()
    11.     {
    12.         if (this.flipped != null)
    13.         {
    14.             Flip(this.flipped, ref test);
    15.         }
    16.     }
    18.     protected override void OnAfterDeserialize()
    19.     {
    20.         Flip(this.test, ref this.flipped);
    21.     }
    23.     private static void Flip(bool[,] a, ref bool[,] b)
    24.     {
    25.         var width = a.GetLength(0);
    26.         var height = a.GetLength(1);
    28.         if (b == null || b.GetLength(1) != width || b.GetLength(0) != height)
    29.         {
    30.             b = new bool[height, width];
    31.         }
    33.         for (int x = 0; x < width; x++)
    34.         {
    35.             for (int y = 0; y < height; y++)
    36.             {
    37.                 b[y, x] = a[x, y];
    38.             }
    39.         }
    40.     }
    41. #endif
    42. }

15. bjarkeck

bjarkeck

Hey :) What is an array not list? Could you post the code definition for it?

16. blitzvb

blitzvb

LOL ;) i have to admit that my sentence was at best confusing ;)

I meant an array like that :

int[] numbers;

Also I am wondering about struct if they can be shown in the inspector through Odin?

17. bjarkeck

bjarkeck

Hehe np, Yep and yep. Or it can show instances of structs to be accurate ;) You give Odin an instance of an object it then renders an editor for that object.

Have you purchased Odin yet?

18. blitzvb

blitzvb

Not yet but it’s on my cart for purchasing, next week ;)

what really convince me is the editor window even though I guess it will not be super mature at first.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    bjarkeck likes this.
  19. trepan

trepan

Sorry, I should have given more information before: my config is Unity 2017.3.0f3 under Mac OS 10.13.2. Odin version is 1.0.6. In case it matters, my Odin install is not in the default directory (it sits under 'Assets/ThirdParty/Editor')

This is the editor code:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using UnityEditor;
    3. using System;
    4. using System.IO;
    5. using Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor;
    6. using Sirenix.OdinInspector;
    7. using Sirenix.Utilities.Editor;
    8. using Sirenix.Utilities;
    10. public class NoiseTextureGenerator : OdinEditorWindow
    11. {
    12.     const int DEFAULT_SIZE = 256;
    14.     [MenuItem("Tools/NoiseTextureGenerator")]
    15.     private static void OpenWindow()
    16.     {
    17.         var window = GetWindow<NoiseTextureGenerator>();
    18.         window.position = GUIHelper.GetEditorWindowRect().AlignCenter(600, 600);
    19.         window.titleContent = new GUIContent("Noise Texture Generator");
    20.     }
    22.     private void OnEnable()
    23.     {
    24.         AllocTexture();
    25.     }
    27.     [ShowInInspector]
    28.     [FolderPath(RequireValidPath = true, AbsolutePath = true)]
    29.     public string OutputPath
    30.     {
    31.         get { return EditorPrefs.GetString("NTG_filePath"); }
    32.         set { EditorPrefs.SetString("NTG_filePath", value); }
    33.     }
    35.     [ShowInInspector]
    36.     public string OutputName
    37.     {
    38.         get { return EditorPrefs.GetString("NTG_fileName"); }
    39.         set { EditorPrefs.SetString("NTG_fileName", value); }
    40.     }
    42.     private int[] textureSizeOptions = {
    43.         32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024
    44.     };
    46.     [ValueDropdown("textureSizeOptions")]
    47.     [OnValueChanged("AllocTexture")]
    48.     public int size = DEFAULT_SIZE;
    50.     [ReadOnly]
    51.     [InlineEditor(InlineEditorModes.LargePreview)]
    52.     public Texture2D texture;
    54.     private void AllocTexture()
    55.     {
    56.         texture = new Texture2D(size, size, TextureFormat.RGBA32, false);
    57.     }
    59.     [Button(ButtonSizes.Large), GUIColor(0, 1, 0)]
    60.     public void BuildTexture()
    61.     {
    62.         Debug.Log("GENERATE A NOISE TEXTURE...");
    63.     }
    64. }
    And this is how the editor looks:
    Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 11.29.01 PM.png

20. bjarkeck

bjarkeck

Thanks a lot! I've tested in on Windows, and Linux without getting the issue, We'll borrow another MAC tomorrow and have a crack at it. In regards to the PropertyOrder not working for you, could you share a simple example for that as well?

21. trepan

trepan

For me this same script shows up both problems! (e.g. the screen grab above is what I see)

I wonder if I should try a clean re-install of Odin? I can also check how things look on a PC. I'll report back with any feedback from both.

22. trepan

trepan

Before I got to trying a re-install I noticed that under 2017.3.0p4 I don't encounter the InvalidOperationException. I double checked and it definitely still happens every time under 2017.3.0f3 but totally fine with the patch build.

On PC, under 2017.3.0p4 I don't see the InvalidOperationException either. I also tried under 2017.2.0f3 (version I had last been using on my PC) and that was fine too.

On both Mac and PC the properties are displayed in the wrong order, i.e. the size field and texture inspector are above the two path fields.

23. bjarkeck

bjarkeck

Ah thought you were using the PropertyOrder attribute which is required to get proper ordering between various member types.

C# Doesn't provide any way to get all members in the order in which they were declared in the file. However when we ask for all fields or all properties, they do come in the right order.

So the way we do order it in Odin is:
    1. All fields,
    2. All properties,
    3. All methods

if you then want to have a method or a property to be shown before all fields, or just at a specific location you can then give the property a [PropertyOrder(x)] attribute and specify a custom order for it (default is 0)

Code (CSharp):
    2. public int a;
    4. [PropertyOrder(2)]
    5. public int c;
    7. [ShowInInspector, PropertyOrder(1)]
    8. public int b {get;set;}
    10. [Button, PropertyOrder(-10)]
    11. public int ButtonAtTop() {}

24. trepan

trepan

Right, that makes sense. I thought I had tried the PropertyOrder(-10) approach but I just tried that again and it works great. So... My apologies for any confusion, and many thanks for your help!

bjarkeck likes this.
  25. arachnidLeo

arachnidLeo

Hey guys! Love the tool, we've been using it since beta.

I'm having an issue that's seemingly new to 1.0.6. When using an [AssetList] with a custom filter method, it gets confused if the input object is a child class of the class you're validating with. For example see below: (this used to work)
    upload_2018-1-31_16-9-56.png

In the inspector, when I ref any object that's a child class of Objective, I get this error:
    upload_2018-1-31_16-11-41.png
    Even though DefaultObjective is a type of Objective.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

26. PuzzledBoy

PuzzledBoy

Unity crash in apply prefab which contains both component "SeriMonoBehaviour" and "DOTweenAnimation".

Hi,My team's project works with both odin and DOTween Pro,but I was bothered by a Odin's bug found 3 days ago,still can't work with it now.
    I need some help... QAQ

I create an Script named "TestOdin" :

Code (CSharp):
    1. public class TestOdin : SerializedMonoBehaviour
    2. {
    3. public BaseData data;
    4. }
    5. [Serializable]
    6. public abstract class BaseData
    7. {
    8. public int data;
    9. }
    10. [Serializable]
    11. public class Data1 : BaseData
    12. {
    13. }
    1.Create a gameobject named "TestNoDOTween";
    2.Add Script "TestOdin" Script to it;
    3.Drag gameobject to project window to create a prefab;
    4.change the field "data" on "TestNoDOTween" ,apply prefab, work great;

5.Create a gameobject named "TestWithDOTween";
    6.Add Script "DOTweenAnimation" and "TestOdin" to it;
    7.Drag gameobject to project window create a prefab;
    8.change the field "data" on "TestWithDOTween",apply prefab, Unity Crash.

9.if you still don't get the error,try save project,close and reopen unity,then try step 4 and step 8 again,and you will get a crash at step 8.

See download for crash Editor.log.
    Try at Unity5.6,Unity5.3,and Unity 2017.3

Thank you...

Attached Files:

27. mSkull

mSkull

This is definitely a bug. We'll be sure to have a fix for this soon.

28. PuzzledBoy

PuzzledBoy

After another day testing, I found that it isn't a conflict between Odin and DOTweenPro.
    The crash bug happens because the DOTweenAnimation component contains an UnityEvent field,I have try create a custom MonoBehavioud with only an public UnityEvent field ,use it to replace the DOTweenAnimation component and get the same crash error.

Here is my steps:
    1. Create a script named "TestClassUnityEvent":
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public class TestClassUnityEvent : MonoBehaviour
    2. {
    3.         public UnityEvent testUnityEvent;
    4. }
    2. Create a script named "TestOdin":
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public class TestOdin : SerializedMonoBehaviour
    2. {
    3.     public BaseData data;
    4. }
    6. [Serializable]
    7. public abstract class BaseData
    8. {
    9.     public int data;
    10. }
    12. [Serializable]
    13. public class Data1 : BaseData
    14. {
    16. }
    3. Create an empty gameobject, add script "TestClassUnityEvent" and "TestOdin" to it.
    4. Drag the gameobject to create a prefab.
    5. Change value of field 'Data',then apply prefab, everything work great.
    6. Save scene,close and reopen unity, change field 'Data' 's value, apply prefab, Unity Crash.
    7. If you don't get the crash at step 6, try change the field value by scroll you mouse at field name 'Data' instead of type your value in the right input box.
    upload_2018-2-3_22-19-25.png

The strange things is , sometime I get crash just type value in the input box, sometime it work fine, and scroll the field name get crash, Can't figure out what happens here.

Can anyone get the same error as mine?
    Thanks~

Attached Files:

29. PuzzledBoy

PuzzledBoy

I replace the script "TestClassUnityEvent" by UGUI "Button" which absolutely exists a UnityEvent field 'OnClick'. Get the same crash ,It must be the UnityEvent field conflict with Odin.

30. bjarkeck

bjarkeck

Btw, we also managed to reproduce the FolderPath and FilePath issue you had on a MAC, so those will be fixed in the next patch. Thanks again.

trepan likes this.
  31. vzlomvl

vzlomvl

Hello. Tell me please whether there is an similar PreviouslySerializedAs attribute for the class name in Oidn Serialization system? I looking simple way to rename class name or class namespace without lost serialized data. Thanks.

32. dearamy

dearamy

Is there any way to add the "MinValue" and "MaxValue" attribute to the Vector2Int and the Vector3Int?

33. Dimlos

Dimlos

Hello I have a very specific problem.

I have an array of icons on each of my abilities.
    Most of them only use one but some can have more.

The only problem is that since it's an array of Images, if I click the little pen, it displays the entire texture sheet.
    So I tried to use the [PreviewField] but it does not work with an array.

What would be nice is if I could add in the attribute a string refering to a function where I tell him which object to be set to. Maybe something like this? Or maybe there is already something I can use that I missed?

Code (CSharp):
    1. Image[] imageList;
    3. [PreviewField("SetImage")]] Image previewImage;
    5. #if UNITY_EDITOR
    6. void SetImage()
    7. {
    8.    if(imageList.Count > 0)
    9.        if(imageList[0] != null)
    10.            previewImage = imageList[0];
    11. }
    12. #end if
    EDIT:

I managed to do something similar by using OnValidate(). it works fine:

Code (CSharp):
    2. Image[] imageList;
    4. [PreviewField] Image previewImage;
    6. private void OnValidate()
    7. {
    8.     if (icone != null)
    9.         if(icone.Length > 0)
    10.             if (icone[0] != null)
    11.                 previewIcone = icone[0];
    12. }

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    bjarkeck likes this.
  34. bjarkeck

bjarkeck

It's not yet, unfortunately, but you could easily add that yourself with a simple drawer ;)

Code (CSharp):
    1. [OdinDrawer]
    2. [DrawerPriority(0.3)]
    3. public sealed class MinValueAttributeVector2IntDrawer : OdinAttributeDrawer<MinValueAttribute, Vector2Int>
    4. {
    5.     protected override void DrawPropertyLayout(IPropertyValueEntry<Vector2Int> entry, MinValueAttribute attribute, GUIContent label)
    6.     {
    7.         this.CallNextDrawer(entry, label);
    8.         Vector2Int v = entry.SmartValue;
    9.         if (attribute.MinValue > v.x ||
    10.             attribute.MinValue > v.y)
    11.         {
    12.             v.x = attribute.MinValue > v.x ? (int)attribute.MinValue : v.x;
    13.             v.y = attribute.MinValue > v.y ? (int)attribute.MinValue : v.y;
    14.             entry.SmartValue = v;
    15.         }
    16.     }
    17. }
    We'll be polishing Vector2Int and Vector3Int in the near future as well, and when we get around to it we'll make sure that works as well.

35. bjarkeck

bjarkeck

It's something we've always wanted, so I went and added a new attribute that lets step in to the process of the Sirenix.Serialization.DefaultSerializationBinder and lets you bind type names to types.

Code (CSharp):
    1. [assembly: Sirenix.Serialization.BindTypeNameToType("NameSpace.OldTypeName", typeof(NewTypeName))]
    Do note that it's only actually needed if you're serializing abstract classes or interfaces etc. Odin is by default be resilient, and will always try and recover as much data as possible, and a lot of the time the new Type name is given by the member declaration type. But if it doesn't know which new Type to do it in, this is where the attribute becomes useful.

36. Alex_May

Alex_May

I have an OdinEditorWindow that I want to use to display Odin inspectors for various objects derived from SerializedScriptableObject, containing lists. How would I do this? I have got as far as loading in the assets, creating a serializedobject for each SerializedScriptableObject, then using propertyfields in editorguilayout to draw the properties, but this doesn't seem to pick up fields serialized by odin that are unrecognised by unity. Also tried creating an editor with Editor.CreateEditor, then using DrawDefaultInspector but this obviously just draws the unity inspector and not Odin's.

What do I do? A bit lost. Thanks!

edit: Just read Tor's post above (https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...e-ultimate-workflow-tool.476949/#post-3143015) and gonna do some more experimentation. Thanks - ignore for now

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  37. Alex_May

Alex_May

Yeah, I'm getting
    Code (CSharp):
    1. ArgumentException: GUILayout: Mismatched LayoutGroup.Repaint
    When calling OnInspectorGUI from OnGUI - something I'm doing wrong?

edit:

Fixed it! Caching my editors fixed the issue - previously I was creating them in OnGUI.
    Working code:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.IO;
    2. using System.Collections;
    3. using System.Collections.Generic;
    4. using UnityEngine;
    5. using UnityEditor;
    6. using Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor;
    7. using Sirenix.OdinInspector;
    8. class FormEditor
    9. {
    10.     public Form form;
    11.     public Editor editor;
    12. }
    14. public class BasicFormaEditor : OdinEditorWindow {
    16.     Dictionary<string, FormEditor> fdb;
    18.     [MenuItem("Forma/Simple database editor")]
    19.     public static void OpenWindow()
    20.     {
    21.         var window = GetWindow<BasicFormaEditor>();
    22.         window.titleContent = new GUIContent("Forma database editor");
    23.     }
    25.     protected override void OnEnable()
    26.     {
    27.         Debug.Log("Opening forma basic editor...");
    28.         fdb = new Dictionary<string, FormEditor>();
    30.         DirectoryInfo dirInfo = new DirectoryInfo("Assets/Forma");
    31.         FileInfo[] fileInf = dirInfo.GetFiles("*.asset");
    32.         foreach (FileInfo fileInfo in fileInf)
    33.         {
    34.             string fullPath = fileInfo.FullName.Replace(@"\", "/");
    35.             string assetPath = "Assets" + fullPath.Replace(Application.dataPath, "");
    36.             Form o = AssetDatabase.LoadAssetAtPath(assetPath, typeof(Form)) as Form;
    37.             Debug.Log("Loaded Form " + o.name);
    38.             FormEditor fe = new FormEditor();
    39.             fe.form = o;
    40.             fe.editor = Editor.CreateEditor(o);
    41.             fdb[o.name] = fe;
    42.         }
    43.     }
    45.     protected override void OnGUI()
    46.     {
    47.         foreach (FormEditor formEditor in fdb.Values)
    48.         {
    49.             formEditor.editor.OnInspectorGUI();
    50.         }
    51.     }
    53. }

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    bjarkeck likes this.
  38. bjarkeck

bjarkeck

Here is another way you can do it :)

Code (CSharp):
    1. public class BasicFormaEditor : OdinMenuEditorWindow
    2. {
    3.     [MenuItem("Forma/Simple database editor")]
    4.     public static void OpenWindow()
    5.     {
    6.         var window = GetWindow<BasicFormaEditor>();
    7.         window.titleContent = new GUIContent("Forma database editor");
    8.     }
    10.     protected override OdinMenuTree BuildMenuTree()
    11.     {
    12.         var menuTree = new OdinMenuTree(true);
    13.         menuTree.AddAllAssetsAtPath("", "Assets/Forma", typeof(Form), true, true);
    14.         menuTree.Selection.AddRange(menuTree.EnumerateTree()); // Select all if you want.
    15.         return menuTree;
    16.     }
    17. }
    Or

Code (CSharp):
    1. public class BasicFormaEditor : OdinEditorWindow
    2. {
    3.     [MenuItem("Forma/Simple database editor")]
    4.     public static void OpenWindow()
    5.     {
    6.         var window = GetWindow<BasicFormaEditor>();
    7.         window.titleContent = new GUIContent("Forma database editor");
    8.     }
    10.     List<UnityEngine.Object> targets;
    12.     protected override void OnEnable()
    13.     {
    14.         base.OnEnable();
    16.         this.targets = AssetDatabase.FindAssets("t:Form")
    17.             .Select(x => AssetDatabase.LoadAssetAtPath(AssetDatabase.GUIDToAssetPath(x), typeof(Form)))
    18.             .ToList();
    19.     }
    21.     protected override IEnumerable<object> GetTargets()
    22.     {
    23.         return this.targets;
    24.     }
    25. }
    Check out the Odin Editor Windows demo from the getting started guide in Unity :)
    And the online documentation is here: http://sirenix.net/odininspector/documentation/sirenix/odininspector/editor/odinmenueditorwindow

Alex_May likes this.
  39. Alex_May

Alex_May

Whoah, mind blown. Thanks!

bjarkeck likes this.